Nashville

I'd go with doubletree honestly. The room we had there were several issues with the room from bad beds, not being clean as it should be...just many issues for what we were paying for that weekend wasn't good. We've stayed at many Hamptons too but this was not up to standards of others I have stayed at.

Good to know about Listening Room. That's awesome! For some reason, I thought it was in one of the other neighborhoods. It appears we'll have to plan an early dinner somewhere to get there in time to see the live entertainment, but that's okay. We can go to Tin Roof afterward for cheese dip. :teeth:

I don't have personal experience with either of these hotels or know how close Doubletree is to the honky tonks, but $122 sounds amazing for downtown. I'm pretty sure there wasn't anything close to that price for our dates. As a matter of fact Omni is now $419 for our dates. You should consider booking ASAP, while you can still get an excellent rate. I'm glad I booked, when I did.

Made our reservation at Doubletree for 2 nights, and went with the junior suite at $170/night. Trip Advisor has mixed reviews, but we'll see how it goes. DH is a Hilton Honors member so hopefully we'll be in a room on the HH floor. But we won't be in the room much anyway, we'll be out enjoying the city. :) Love that it's only a few blocks walk to Broadway. That is the main reason we booked with them, we wanted to be within walking distance so we don't have to worry about parking/paying parking meters, etc. They do have a shuttle but it stops at 11 p.m. Reviewers say they never felt unsafe walking back to the hotel after dark. Looking forward to visiting some of the bars and listening to music. May go to the Johnny Cash museum this time too. Our only issue is parking, it's $35/night valet parking at the hotel and the vehicles don't stay on the hotel property I've read. But I think there is a public parking garage nearby so we may use that instead. The only other place we've had to pay for parking like that is New Orleans, but the parking was right at the hotel and we had 24 hour access to our vehicle and could come and go as we pleased. So this will be different, but not much we can do about it.

Made our reservation at Doubletree for 2 nights, and went with the junior suite at $170/night. Trip Advisor has mixed reviews, but we'll see how it goes. DH is a Hilton Honors member so hopefully we'll be in a room on the HH floor. But we won't be in the room much anyway, we'll be out enjoying the city. :) Love that it's only a few blocks walk to Broadway. That is the main reason we booked with them, we wanted to be within walking distance so we don't have to worry about parking/paying parking meters, etc. They do have a shuttle but it stops at 11 p.m. Reviewers say they never felt unsafe walking back to the hotel after dark. Looking forward to visiting some of the bars and listening to music. May go to the Johnny Cash museum this time too. Our only issue is parking, it's $35/night valet parking at the hotel and the vehicles don't stay on the hotel property I've read. But I think there is a public parking garage nearby so we may use that instead. The only other place we've had to pay for parking like that is New Orleans, but the parking was right at the hotel and we had 24 hour access to our vehicle and could come and go as we pleased. So this will be different, but not much we can do about it.
There is a public parking garage in the block that is north east of the Doubletree that we have used. I think the entrances are at the end of the block that is catty corner to the block of the Doubletree. You might use the valet for arrival and use the garage for backup if you use your car. I don't know all of your plans but there is enough to do downtown that you might not need your car. On-street parking is kind of nonexistent in downtown Nashville but there are lots of garages. My 20 something daughter uses uber every time she goes downtown. She says that it is cheaper and keeps trying to get us to use it.

There is a public parking garage in the block that is north east of the Doubletree that we have used. I think the entrances are at the end of the block that is catty corner to the block of the Doubletree. You might use the valet for arrival and use the garage for backup if you use your car. I don't know all of your plans but there is enough to do downtown that you might not need your car. On-street parking is kind of nonexistent in downtown Nashville but there are lots of garages. My 20 something daughter uses uber every time she goes downtown. She says that it is cheaper and keeps trying to get us to use it.

Thank you for the info, I'll write that down right on our hotel confirmation so I have it. :) We probably won't use the car while we're in Nashville, but we're just not fond of valet parking and having someone take the car away and not have access to it whenever we want (even if just to get something out of the trunk that we forgot to take in to the hotel). In reading Trip Advisor reviews some people have had things stolen from their cars, and one had gear shift issues with their car and didn't want a valet driver to drive it so they chose the parking garage so they could park it themselves. Plus they said the parking garage was a bit less expensive than the hotel parking.

Thank you for the info, I'll write that down right on our hotel confirmation so I have it. :) We probably won't use the car while we're in Nashville, but we're just not fond of valet parking and having someone take the car away and not have access to it whenever we want (even if just to get something out of the trunk that we forgot to take in to the hotel). In reading Trip Advisor reviews some people have had things stolen from their cars, and one had gear shift issues with their car and didn't want a valet driver to drive it so they chose the parking garage so they could park it themselves. Plus they said the parking garage was a bit less expensive than the hotel parking.
After rereading my comment I don't think it was clear that the garage entry is at the far end of the block away from the Doubletree, not at the end closest to the Doubletree. I want to make sure I don't confuse you.

That sounds like a great rate. :cool1: Maybe I've been seeing much higher rates, due to the dates we were choosing between. Whatever the reason, good for you. Have a great trip & come back to tell us all about it. :teeth:

After rereading my comment I don't think it was clear that the garage entry is at the far end of the block away from the Doubletree, not at the end closest to the Doubletree. I want to make sure I don't confuse you.

To piggyback on this subject, do you know of a parking garage near Omni that allows 24 hr parking? I doubt we'll use our vehicle at all, but we're always up for saving money anywhere we legitimately can. :p

Last edited:
That sounds like a great rate. :cool1: Maybe I've been seeing much higher rates, due to the dates we were choosing between. Whatever the reason, good for you. Have a great trip & come back to tell us all about it. :teeth:

To piggyback on this subject, do you know of a parking garage near Omni that allows 24 hr parking? I doubt we'll use our vehicle at all, but we're always up for saving money anywhere we legitimately can. :p

The garage in music city center allows 24 hr I believe and is connected with the Omni as their self parking

Trust me you can't miss it. You have the Omni and that building next to it is the convention center and you drive just a little bit to the light and you'll find the parking entrances.
Sounds great. Do you know off the top of your head how the garage parking rate compares to Omni's? If not, don't worry about it. I can try to find the info elsewhere.

Sounds great. Do you know off the top of your head how the garage parking rate compares to Omni's? If not, don't worry about it. I can try to find the info elsewhere.

I believe through the Omni is $22 with in and out privileges. Where as not going through the garage you don't have those privileges

I believe through the Omni is $22 with in and out privileges. Where as not going through the garage you don't have those privileges
Thanks. $22 is better than I expected. If the garage is cheaper, we'll have to decide for sure, if we'll use the car any. DH doesn't mind to drop off DS & me with the luggage, then go to park in a garage, so that wouldn't be an issue.

We're heading to Nashville in a couple of weeks for a long weekend. Do any of you know anything about the Madison area? My husband didn't want to pay the rates we were finding for the hotels downtown so we have booked a VRBO there.

Can you explain more about the in-and-out privileges. Is it like if you pay for a day (24 hours) for parking your vehicle you can't take it out at all during that time? Not sure I'd like parking somewhere that you couldn't take your vehicle out if you wanted to, especially in the case of an emergency.

We're heading to Nashville in a couple of weeks for a long weekend. Do any of you know anything about the Madison area? My husband didn't want to pay the rates we were finding for the hotels downtown so we have booked a VRBO there.
I don't know of much going on in the Madison area. I think it is mainly a residential area so you will want to drive downtown for activity. As I mentioned earlier, we always park in the garage under the Music City Center. It is between Demonbreun St and Korean Veterans Blvd. Use Uber if you don't want to drive.

We have already talked about good restaurants in the downtown area but since you will be driving anyway you could check out 12th South or the Gulch for more dining options. I am sure there are restaurants in the Madison area but I don't that area well. I think you might drive by the Opryland area on the way downtown. Or you could drive down Gallatin Pike/Main St into East Nashville. There are many good, new restaurants in that area. It is an old urban area that has being revitalized.

This may be too late for your dates but Live on the Green starts on Aug 11. http://www.liveonthegreen.com/ If that matches your dates it is worth checking out.

Last edited:
I don't know of much going on in the Madison area. I think it is mainly a residential area so you will want to drive downtown for activity. As I mentioned earlier, we always park in the garage under the Music City Center. It is between Demonbreun St and Korean Veterans Blvd. Use Uber if you don't want to drive.

We have already talked about good restaurants in the downtown area but since you will be driving anyway you could check out 12th South or the Gulch for more dining options. I am sure there are restaurants in the Madison area but I don't that area well. I think you might drive by the Opryland area on the way downtown. Or you could drive down Gallatin Pike/Main St into East Nashville. There are many good, new restaurants in that area. It is an old urban area that has being revitalized.

This may be too late for your dates but Live on the Green starts on Aug 11. http://www.liveonthegreen.com/ If that matches your dates it is worth checking out.
Yeah, that's after we get home. I would have rather stayed closer to downtown but since we're not much on the night life, my husband wanted to stay farther away. The place we're renting is on the river so should be nice and peaceful. Hopefully the people who own the place will be able to give us some recommendations on places to eat in that area. I hope to eat at Hattie B's one of our days out but is there a good BBQ place that you would recommend? Stops planned are Antique Archeology, Country Music hall of Fame, Cheekwood Botanical Gardens and of course Broadway. Depending on the time, other options are Centennial Park, Belle Meade and Capital Mall. Our only night event will be the Grand Old Opry. We'll have three days to sight see and don't want to go commando. We'd really like to know some good places to eat breakfast too.

Yeah, that's after we get home. I would have rather stayed closer to downtown but since we're not much on the night life, my husband wanted to stay farther away. The place we're renting is on the river so should be nice and peaceful. Hopefully the people who own the place will be able to give us some recommendations on places to eat in that area. I hope to eat at Hattie B's one of our days out but is there a good BBQ place that you would recommend? Stops planned are Antique Archeology, Country Music hall of Fame, Cheekwood Botanical Gardens and of course Broadway. Depending on the time, other options are Centennial Park, Belle Meade and Capital Mall. Our only night event will be the Grand Old Opry. We'll have three days to sight see and don't want to go commando. We'd really like to know some good places to eat breakfast too.
There are so many good dining options that it is hard to choose and others will have opinions but I will give you a few. For BBQ I like Martin's. We eat at one on Belmont Blvd but a new location downtown is opening any day now. It is across Korean Veteran's Blvd from the Omni hotel. For other dinners downtown I like the Southern, Acme Feed & Seed, Husk or Etch (the last two are more upscale). For breakfast downtown there is Kitchen Notes (in the Omni) or the Southern. Loveless Motel is famous for their breakfast food but it is a drive out to the southwest of town. Depending on the time going to Belle Meade/Cheekwood you could combine that with driving a few miles further to the Loveless. Adele's has a fantastic breakfast bar but I think it may only be on Sunday. It is amazing. And since you are coming from Madison, it might be easy to eat in East Nashville. Maybe someone else will have better dining ideas there but I know Marche has a good brunch.

Jacks bbq is good...I wouldn't recommend pucketts right now to anyone. Breakfast, I personally love loveless cafe or kitchen notes at Omni. Noshville is another good one. I don't recommend pancake pantry for a breakfast place, the one in the smokeys is leagues better then the one in Nashville.

As far as in and out privileges with parking garages I'm not 100% sure on that, once we park the car we never leave, but I think it means you can access and come and go as you please, if it's similar to hotels in Atlanta I've stayed at or Chattanooga

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter