***MyMagic+ & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are planning on getting our FP+ the same day. I have not read anything or heard from anyone that has said they were unable to do that. I love FP, but we don't visit the parks in a way that makes reserving them 30 or 60 days out reasonable. I would love to hear from people who get to use FP+ if they were able to make same day reservations. We don't visit until November, but we are planning to do FP+ reservations while waiting for the bus/boat to that days park.

I normally do same day FP+ since I'm local. We often make them mid-day once we decide where we are going. It has been working fine for us. I'm not trying for any fireworks or parades though.

Have people been posting their experiences somewhere? I haven't seen them yet. I have a few specific questions I wanted to look for the answers to.

Is there special seating or something for ppl, with FP+ at the fireworks? I'm not really understanding why you would want a FP for the fireworks.

We had FP+ for both the electric light parade and Wishes last week. You sit in a reserved area for the parade in front of the castle at the Central Hub. It was much more crowded then I thought it would be. The reserved area was about a third of the hub. We got there 45 min early and people were already 2 rows deep.

The Wishes reserved seating is in the Rose Garden just off the bridge to Tomorrowland. The seating is in the grass. I thought it was really pleasant and relaxing to spread out on the grass with my family and look up at the castle. We really enjoyed it.

We are planning on getting our FP+ the same day. I have not read anything or heard from anyone that has said they were unable to do that. I love FP, but we don't visit the parks in a way that makes reserving them 30 or 60 days out reasonable. I would love to hear from people who get to use FP+ if they were able to make same day reservations. We don't visit until November, but we are planning to do FP+ reservations while waiting for the bus/boat to that days park.

We just returned yesterday. I was able to adjust and change my FP+ each day without any problems. It didn't seem like the choices were ever limited either. As an example, we decided at the last minute to try ETTWB-I got on my phone and changed my FP+ for 15 minutes later. I was there for 10 days and never had any issues getting same day FP+.

We really liked the Wishes FP, seating area was a fenced in grassy area in the Rose Garden. Perfect viewing spot with plenty of room to spread out on the grass. I could lay on my back to watch the fireworks. Instead of staking out a spot several hours ahead of time I could use the FP about 30 minutes before the start of the show.

I was told by a cast member if you miss you FP time that pass was gone & could not be replaced. I missed one, tried to get another & was not allowed to do that. If you have not passed the use time you can reschedule all you want as long as it is still in the time allowed.

We really liked the Wishes FP, seating area was a fenced in grassy area in the Rose Garden. Perfect viewing spot with plenty of room to spread out on the grass. I could lay on my back to watch the fireworks. Instead of staking out a spot several hours ahead of time I could use the FP about 30 minutes before the start of the show.

I was told by a cast member if you miss you FP time that pass was gone & could not be replaced. I missed one, tried to get another & was not allowed to do that. If you have not passed the use time you can reschedule all you want as long as it is still in the time allowed.

I replaced missed FP+ times all last week. It was a bit complicated with the app. I first had to change the time of the current experience and then I could choose a different experience if I wanted. There was one time when the app was down and I couldn't change anything, but I just went to the FP+ kiosk and the CM helped me. Now with regular FP-if you miss the window that is it, no replacing.

I normally do same day FP+ since I'm local. We often make them mid-day once we decide where we are going. It has been working fine for us. I'm not trying for any fireworks or parades though.

Do you think it will work fine when full roll out occurs, or will there be limited availability for e-ticket attractions?

Hi. I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem....
When I am choosing my fp+ I would get a message that it conflicted with an ADR But I didn't have one at that time.

I find that concerning since a lot of adr's require a credit card. Should I call disney?

We had FP+ for both the electric light parade and Wishes last week. You sit in a reserved area for the parade in front of the castle at the Central Hub. It was much more crowded then I thought it would be. The reserved area was about a third of the hub. We got there 45 min early and people were already 2 rows deep.

The Wishes reserved seating is in the Rose Garden just off the bridge to Tomorrowland. The seating is in the grass. I thought it was really pleasant and relaxing to spread out on the grass with my family and look up at the castle. We really enjoyed it.

Thank you for the info. :)

Has anyone heard if you can still use the regular FP until the FP+? My understanding is that you could still use both until FP+ was completely rolled out, but my SIL was at DHS today and tried to get a regular FP with her KTTW card(she entered the park with her MB and is testing the FP+) and it told her she wasn't allowed. Anyone have an recent experiences with this? Thanks

Has anyone heard if you can still use the regular FP until the FP+? My understanding is that you could still use both until FP+ was completely rolled out, but my SIL was at DHS today and tried to get a regular FP with her KTTW card(she entered the park with her MB and is testing the FP+) and it told her she wasn't allowed. Anyone have an recent experiences with this? Thanks

The KTTW card suppose to be a back up to the MB and all reports were that you could pull reg FP with it.. Did she also have a reg park richer card? Did she try that one also?

I replaced missed FP+ times all last week. It was a bit complicated with the app. I first had to change the time of the current experience and then I could choose a different experience if I wanted. There was one time when the app was down and I couldn't change anything, but I just went to the FP+ kiosk and the CM helped me. Now with regular FP-if you miss the window that is it, no replacing.

This is nice to know, I was told differently. I didn't have any trouble changing my times, just couldn't add one after I missed one.

The KTTW card suppose to be a back up to the MB and all reports were that you could pull reg FP with it.. Did she also have a reg park richer card? Did she try that one also?

She didn't have any other card to try, but there was a CM there when she asked for help that said she could only get 3 total FP/FP+ per day. I just wanted to check with everyone b/c this seems like it would be a huge change.

She didn't have any other card to try, but there was a CM there when she asked for help that said she could only get 3 total FP/FP+ per day. I just wanted to check with everyone b/c this seems like it would be a huge change.

Yes if true it's a huge change

I've seen posts about people getting a 4th (bonus) FP+. Where does it show up/how do you know if you might have one?
TIA

The 4th (Bonus) FP+ will show up when you are scheduling your FP+ times on MDE. You will notice you have 4 choices instead of the regular 3.

Perfect, thanks! We were hoping strictly for rides as well. The families with kids can have the parade and fireworks FP+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter