***MyMagic+ & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for your response, it make me feel a whole lot more relaxed for our upcoming trip. I don't think I've got the best FP+ times so I don't want to be stuck not having any access if the FP+ time don't end up working for us. Quick question. How the the FP/FP+ replacement time thing work? Did it only do it if you pulled a FP- for a ride you already have a FP+ for or did it just replace your time FP+? Thanks again for your help.

Those systems are not connected and have no idea what one or the other is doing. You have to manually replace your FP+ times and they are subject to availability.

Well I *tried* to...!

I'm having the same problem with that mentioned in thread 3172460 (receiving an error that says 'sorry try again later') - I cannot link to that thread because I don't have a high enough post count!!

The online check in system for MDE (or modify check in) has been down all weekend, and appears to still be down today.

Just back from a few days and the MDE app, like the issues I've had all year on multiple trips, the App does not locate me in WDW, even if I am on the parks own WiFi...

Frustrating... It never finds me in the parks...

Any ideas or fixes?

Just back from a few days and the MDE app, like the issues I've had all year on multiple trips, the App does not locate me in WDW, even if I am on the parks own WiFi...

Any ideas or fixes?

Are you on an iOS or Android device?

If iOS, I'd go into the Settings, Privacy, Location Services menu and make sure it's toggled On in general, and then also toggled On next to the Disney app.

Android probably has a similar setting but I couldn't give you exact directions where it is.

If that doesn't help, I'd delete the app and re-download it.

Any ideas or fixes?

On my Samsung, there is a GPS button on the top of the home page pull down menu. In settings, location services, there are also three GPS options, VZW (Verizon), standalone GPS, and Google. Also in settings, under application manager, check to see if MDE has location services permission.

So it's not just me who can't do on-line check-in?

I made all of my fastpass selections on Friday night and can't check-in to see if im a magic band participant.

Who here can tell me how the FP+ works for Fantasmic? Is there a special seating section? Do I still have to arrive 2 hours early?!

On my Samsung, there is a GPS button on the top of the home page pull down menu. In settings, location services, there are also three GPS options, VZW (Verizon), standalone GPS, and Google. Also in settings, under application manager, check to see if MDE has location services permission.

I have an Android 4G device with Verizon and I have all GPS options on... The weather application is showing I am in Lake Buena Vista... It's bizarre that MDE is not finding anything...

Those who rent DVC points probably won't be included in a test, but there's always the possibility.

Just wondering where this came from. It was the first I had heard of people renting points not be included. It's not a big deal one way or the other, but I am curious now if people renting points have been included in testing.

Just wondering where this came from. It was the first I had heard of people renting points not be included. It's not a big deal one way or the other, but I am curious now if people renting points have been included in testing.

I don't know for certain, but I can't imagine renters being excluded. A rented DVC is identical to every other DVC reservation, it's just not in the name of the owner.

Me too! Booked for Wishes, Illuminations and Fantasmic!

Now that I have them, I too am wondering where you go for the viewing areas for these?

Wondering if I should keep them or just redo our FP+ for another ride.

Just returned from Disney. Tested the bands(and LOVED them FWIW!) and used fp+. Our only complaint about the fp+ was with fantasmic. We got there at the exact return time and the fp+ line was actually longer than the standby line. That was not an issue. The issue was when both lines ended up in the same spot. There is no reserved spot for fp+(at least we didn't find one). We still got an awesome seat because attendance was so low, but if it wasn't I'm not sure what kind of seat we would've had. We were disappointed that we didn't use it for another ride or park. We also used it for MSEP and Wishes and that we thought was worth it. The wait was way better for the kids.

On a different note... On our last day(9/13) I was able to use fp+ at two different parks. Didn't think it was possible but figured I would try and sure enough! Had 3 fp+ scheduled for AK that morning and later that afternoon about 430 was in MK and it let me schedule 2 more!!!!! I am not sure if anyone else had this same experience but I wish I would have tried sooner!

It was our best trip to date!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Any word yet when regular FASTPASS machines are being removed?

Not yet. Not until FP+ is available to everyone at least, but I can't see them coexisting for long.

Yeah, I'm not sure where that unattributed quote came from, but renters are still guests staying at a Disney resort. They are treated no differently by DVC or Disney.

Thanks for the replies. It might have been a sentence still in the FAQ from way back when there was very little info. My MDE account is set up with my point rental and in my husbands name, and it doesn't seem to be any different than the room only reservation I have on there.

I called Disney today because I have a question in regard to the tickets on my MB. I had purchased and linked 5 day tickets from UCT a few months ago for our upcoming stay. Just recently, I decided I wanted the dining plan, so I added a one day MK ticket to our room only reservation to get the dining plan. Now I have the original 5 day tickets and the 1 day ticket showing up in MDE. The CM on the phone told me that both tickets would be on the MB when they arrive. She said that if we entered MK first and if we didn't hop then the MK only ticket would be the first to be used, guaranteed, because it is a park exclusive ticket. I asked her how it would know to use that ticket and not one day of the 5 day tickets (which I want to save for other parks). She said it was complicated to explain but it would "just know" because it would use the park exclusive ticket for that park. Sounded a bit suspicious to me. What do you all think? I'm just worried that the band will use up the 5 days of my 5 day tickets first then when I try to enter Epcot on the last day, it will not allow me because I will only have a MK exclusive ticket left.

I called Disney today because I have a question in regard to the tickets on my MB. I had purchased and linked 5 day tickets from UCT a few months ago for our upcoming stay. Just recently, I decided I wanted the dining plan, so I added a one day MK ticket to our room only reservation to get the dining plan. Now I have the original 5 day tickets and the 1 day ticket showing up in MDE. The CM on the phone told me that both tickets would be on the MB when they arrive. She said that if we entered MK first and if we didn't hop then the MK only ticket would be the first to be used, guaranteed, because it is a park exclusive ticket. I asked her how it would know to use that ticket and not one day of the 5 day tickets (which I want to save for other parks). She said it was complicated to explain but it would "just know" because it would use the park exclusive ticket for that park. Sounded a bit suspicious to me. What do you all think? I'm just worried that the band will use up the 5 days of my 5 day tickets first then when I try to enter Epcot on the last day, it will not allow me because I will only have a MK exclusive ticket left.

It's tough to say. I haven't seen specifically how they are controlling multiple "active" tickets. You should have the option to "deactivate" a ticket if it is showing in the MagicBands and Cards section, but I'm not certain what if anything that does.

I've heard in other posts that CMs at the resorts (and I would guess Guest Relations) can define which ticket should be the active ticket.

Just returned from Disney. Tested the bands(and LOVED them FWIW!) and used fp+. Our only complaint about the fp+ was with fantasmic. We got there at the exact return time and the fp+ line was actually longer than the standby line. That was not an issue. The issue was when both lines ended up in the same spot. There is no reserved spot for fp+(at least we didn't find one). We still got an awesome seat because attendance was so low, but if it wasn't I'm not sure what kind of seat we would've had. We were disappointed that we didn't use it for another ride or park. We also used it for MSEP and Wishes and that we thought was worth it. The wait was way better for the kids.

On a different note... On our last day(9/13) I was able to use fp+ at two different parks. Didn't think it was possible but figured I would try and sure enough! Had 3 fp+ scheduled for AK that morning and later that afternoon about 430 was in MK and it let me schedule 2 more!!!!! I am not sure if anyone else had this same experience but I wish I would have tried sooner!

Glad to hear this, thanks for the report! popcorn:: I'm looking forward to using the FP+ (if I get to) for day of reservation decisions. It sounds like it is going to work just how I want to use it! :cool1:

Glad you had a good time playing with the new system. Sorry you had to come back to reality!

Interesting.

Haven't read any other report of anyone being able to do this.

Thanks for the report!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter