• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My Year of Disney BEGINS: a little Running, a little Drinking: PTR **1/12-W&D-Day 8**

So I had another incident...not Raw Threads this time, but with running shoes. I got these 3 pairs for $130.00 at Shoebuy.com and Active.com.

014 (640x360).jpg

015 (640x360).jpg

013 (640x360).jpg

I can't wait to try them out!

In related news....it's exactly 2 MONTHS until WINE and DINE!!! :yay: :yay: :yay::yay: :yay:

Eeep... Love new shoes... All types.

<----- Serious shoe problem. ::yes::

D~

Lol... I have a whole pinterest board devoted to my dteam disney tattoo... Love tattoos with hidden mickeys. But i still have none. ;)

D~

I noticed that too. Are you from Chicago?

Oh, help me! I'm on Nike.com right now, customizing a shoe. :sad2:

In other news, I'm trying to decide if I should get a new tattoo. And if I do get one, what should I get?

Yes, I am from the frozen tundra, love it this time of year, not so much in a few more months. I did not know that about Nike, I love their styles but never have luck with the fit. I would have a shoe issue but my DVC addiction got in the way a long time ago. I have lost 7 lbs. and really want that wish ticker but think I have to wait until the F&W date passes. Hopefully I won't have to start over, that is a real fear. I know everyone is down on the diet pills but I am giving serious consideration to using them that week.

Lol... I have a whole pinterest board devoted to my dteam disney tattoo... Love tattoos with hidden mickeys. But i still have none. ;)

D~

Oooh, hidden Mickeys. I'd never thought of that before. Right now I'm really liking the art work of Kezzamin at DeviantArt.com. She does all kinds of characters in very simple line art. But it's so good. Very similar to my Tink avatar actually, which is another one I'd consider for a tattoo.

Yes, I am from the frozen tundra, love it this time of year, not so much in a few more months. I did not know that about Nike, I love their styles but never have luck with the fit. I would have a shoe issue but my DVC addiction got in the way a long time ago. I have lost 7 lbs. and really want that wish ticker but think I have to wait until the F&W date passes. Hopefully I won't have to start over, that is a real fear. I know everyone is down on the diet pills but I am giving serious consideration to using them that week.

Congrats on your 7lbs! I know everyone is different but I'm not sure you could gain it all back at Food and Wine. Disney involves so much walking that I'm always very surprised when I get back and find that I've only gained 1 or 2 lbs despite eating pretty much whatever I want. As for diet pills, I think it depends on what you mean. Right now I'm taking the GNC Active pack for women almost every day. I know it contains some type of a metabolism booster, but it's nothing that makes me feel any different. No shakiness or jitters. I'm leery of the lesser known brands that don't have a long history of safety that I feel I can trust. Are you running in Wine and Dine? Your ticker says mostly your daughter is the one running, but maybe you're doing the 5K?

Oooh, hidden Mickeys. I'd never thought of that before. Right now I'm really liking the art work of Kezzamin at DeviantArt.com. She does all kinds of characters in very simple line art. But it's so good. Very similar to my Tink avatar actually, which is another one I'd consider for a tattoo.

Congrats on your 7lbs! I know everyone is different but I'm not sure you could gain it all back at Food and Wine. Disney involves so much walking that I'm always very surprised when I get back and find that I've only gained 1 or 2 lbs despite eating pretty much whatever I want. As for diet pills, I think it depends on what you mean. Right now I'm taking the GNC Active pack for women almost every day. I know it contains some type of a metabolism booster, but it's nothing that makes me feel any different. No shakiness or jitters. I'm leery of the lesser known brands that don't have a long history of safety that I feel I can trust. Are you running in Wine and Dine? Your ticker says mostly your daughter is the one running, but maybe you're doing the 5K?

No, didn't get in on any of the run options this time, but did learn a lesson for the next time. It was supposed to be me, DD and her fiancé but she was the only one that got in. I want to buy her something to be delivered to her (as a little surprise) so if you see anything you like let me know. I wanted to get her the RunDisney MB, but they are only selling them in the park. So much for the Shop Disney Parks app. I did look at the Raw Threads site that you picked up some things from, I think I'll revisit it this afternoon. Thanks for all the info, it's been quite motivating.

I love all the new shoes! So pretty!
New shoes really are the best thing ever, right?

Also ... yay for 2 months to Wine & Dine!! Did you make your FP+ yet?

Love the new shoes! Are they new styles for you or have you used them before?

No, didn't get in on any of the run options this time, but did learn a lesson for the next time. It was supposed to be me, DD and her fiancé but she was the only one that got in. I want to buy her something to be delivered to her (as a little surprise) so if you see anything you like let me know. I wanted to get her the RunDisney MB, but they are only selling them in the park. So much for the Shop Disney Parks app. I did look at the Raw Threads site that you picked up some things from, I think I'll revisit it this afternoon. Thanks for all the info, it's been quite motivating.

Yeah, that registration for W&D was harsh. I was 'lucky' to be home sick that day so that I was right there at 9AM PST. It was gone in the blink of an eye it seemed.

I'll definitely keep an eye out for a gift for your DD. :)

I love all the new shoes! So pretty!
New shoes really are the best thing ever, right?

Also ... yay for 2 months to Wine & Dine!! Did you make your FP+ yet?

New shoes are AWESOME!

I did make my FP+ selections and everything seems to be finalized for Wine and Dine. I'll post my plans shortly.

Love the new shoes! Are they new styles for you or have you used them before?

Thanks! They're all new styles for me. The blue pair are Zoots, the black pair are Karhus and the white/pink are Scott. I have a few more pairs coming from Saucony, Nike and Under Armour. :blush:

Final Wine and Dine Itinerary

11/5
  • 5:30PM, Land, pick up baggage and rental car. Drive to Fort Wilderness and catch the internal bus to Pioneer Hall for Hoop-Dee-Doo.
  • 8:30PM, Hoop-Dee-Doo
  • 11PM, check in at Saratoga Springs
11/6
  • 7:55AM, Olivia's Café, Old Key West resort
  • 10AM, Wine & Dine Expo, ESPN WWoS
  • 12:30PM, Raglan Road, Disney Springs
  • 3PM, spa appt at Saratoga Springs
  • 8:15PM, Artist Point, Wilderness Lodge
11/7
  • 9AM, Wolfgang Puck Express, Disney Springs
  • 1:05PM, Paradiso 37, Disney Springs
  • 7PM, bus to the start line from Saratoga Springs
  • 10PM, Wine & Dine Half Marathon
  • 1AM, After-party at Epcot
11/8
  • 10AM, drive to DHS
  • 11AM, 50's Prime Time Café
  • 1PM-2PM, Star Tours
  • 2PM-3PM, Rock n Roller Coaster
  • 3:10PM-4:10PM, TZ Tower of Terror
  • 4:25PM, Hollywood Brown Derby Fantasmic! dinner
  • 7PM, Fantasmic!
11/9
  • 8AM, Chase Private Event - The Creation of F&W Marketplaces From Blueprints to Building, Epcot World Showcase
  • 11:05AM-12:05PM, Mission:SPACE
  • 12:40PM-1:40PM, Spaceship Earth
  • 1PM, Lunch (counter service or F&W booths)
  • 2:15PM-3:15PM, Soarin'
  • 6:30PM, The Garden Grill
  • 9PM, IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth
11/10
  • 8AM, Tusker House Restaurant
  • 9:35AM-10:35AM, Kilimanjaro Safaris
  • 10AM, Dawa Bar
  • 11:30AM, Lunch (counter service)
  • 12:35PM-1:35PM, Expedition Everest-Legend of the Forbidden Mountain
  • 4PM, Festival of the Lion King
  • 7:30PM, The Turf Club Bar and Grill, Saratoga Springs
11/11
  • 9AM, Les Halles BP, Epcot World Showcase France
  • 12PM, La Cava del Tequila, Mexico
  • 12:30PM, Lunch (counter service or F&W booths)
  • 1:30PM-2:30PM, Mission:SPACE
  • 2:35PM-3:35PM, Test Track Presented by Chevrolet
  • 4PM-5PM, Spaceship Earth
  • 6:05PM, Biergarten Restaurant, Germany
11/12
  • Universal Studios
11/13
  • 8:45AM, The Crystal Palace
  • 11:05AM-12:05PM, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  • 1PM, Columbia Harbour House
  • 2PM-3PM, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  • 3PM, Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade
  • 4:05PM-5:05PM, Splash Mountain
  • 5:30PM, Be Our Guest Restaurant
  • 7PM, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
11/14
  • 7:30AM, Kona Café
  • 12PM, depart for home

Last edited:
8:30PM, Hoop-Dee-Doo
7:55AM, Olivia's Café, Old Key West resort
8:15PM, Artist Point, Wilderness Lodge
9AM, Wolfgang Puck Express, Disney Springs
4:25PM, Hollywood Brown Derby Fantasmic! dinner
7:30AM, Kona Café
These items are all still on my bucket list, and I am jealous of each and every one of them! Thankfully I at least have breakfast at Kona in my 2015 trip, and will likely do WPE on my 2016 trip. The rest? Who knows! Perhaps 2017, maybe? (Actually, probably, since I plan on doing the Deluxe Dining plan in 2017, and going nuts trying out all the Signature restaurants I've always wanted to do!) :cutie:

12:30PM, Raglan Road, Disney Springs
Aww! Look at you, being all proper and calling it Disney Springs! I'm proud of you! :P

3PM, spa appt at Saratoga Springs
Oooooh, I hope you're going to do a TR when you get back, I would love to read all about this! ::yes::

10AM, Dawa Bar
10am? Dang, you start hittin' the rum early, don't you? :rotfl:

10am? Dang, you start hittin' the rum early, don't you? :rotfl:

HEE HEE! I totally didn't realize how bad that sounded until you pointed it out! Well, they do serve Bloody Marys there... But I'm going for the rum!

Yes, I'll definitely do a write-up on my spa time. :) I need to go look up what treatments I booked since I set it up so long ago now.

I need to go look up what treatments I booked since I set it up so long ago now.

And here they are...my spa treatments on 11/6 during my Wine & Dine trip at the Saratoga Springs spa.

Tropical Coconut Body Treatment
50 minutes / $145

Rejuvenate your body and your senses with this tropical combination of coconut oil and sugar cane. This exotic experience delivers deep penetration of essential elements, leaving your skin with a soft, silky finish.

Sports Massage
50 minutes / $145

Created to help athletes prepare for peak performance and recover afterwards, this massage is a combination of rigorous strokes and facilitated stretching.

Imagine Manicure and Pedicure Rituals
50 minutes Manicure / $55
50 minutes Pedicure / $80

This delightful combination of organic Frankincense essential oil, sea salts and Rosa Clay create a detoxifying, yet intoxicating blend that is stimulating to the mind, as well as calming to the skin.

Speaking of spa time, I have an appointment on Saturday to check out a kitty boarding facility. They promote it as a 'kitty spa'. Since I'll be vacationing with the BFF, she's obviously unavailable for kitty duty. Hopefully that place works out and all I'll have left to do is take them to the vet and update their shots. Then they'll be ready to be dropped off on 11/4.

:bitelip:
Speaking of spa time, I have an appointment on Saturday to check out a kitty boarding facility. They promote it as a 'kitty spa'. Since I'll be vacationing with the BFF, she's obviously unavailable for kitty duty. Hopefully that place works out and all I'll have left to do is take them to the vet and update their shots. Then they'll be ready to be dropped off on 11/4.

Have you left them at a facility before? Not sure what I am going to do with the girls this time (talking cats not DD's). I send the big girl to the spa (it's really the vet but we tell her it's the spa) to be shampooed, brushed and trimmed several times a year and she loves it, but it's just for the day, not overnight.

We are all going for massages at the Yacht club the day after the run. I feel much better about the cost after seeing your spa total, although we are just getting the basic and your day sounds fantastic.

Plans look great!

I would love to do some of that spa stuff ... it all sounds amazing ... just a little bit out of my budget. But you'll have to report back on how it all was (and if the sports massage helped you feel great for the race!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter