My Year of Disney BEGINS: a little Running, a little Drinking: PTR **1/12-W&D-Day 8**

Tropical Coconut Body Treatment
50 minutes / $145

Rejuvenate your body and your senses with this tropical combination of coconut oil and sugar cane. This exotic experience delivers deep penetration of essential elements, leaving your skin with a soft, silky finish.
Holy crap, this sounds AMAZEBALLS!!! :eek: It also sounds... delicious. Like serious. If I was walking around afterwards smelling like coconut and sugar, I'd spend the whole day resisting the urge to nom on myself! :rotfl:

Imagine Manicure and Pedicure Rituals
50 minutes Manicure / $55
50 minutes Pedicure / $80

This delightful combination of organic Frankincense essential oil, sea salts and Rosa Clay create a detoxifying, yet intoxicating blend that is stimulating to the mind, as well as calming to the skin.
Mmmm, I sure do love a mani/pedi. :cloud9: I'll be getting one the day before my next trip, but it won't be anything as fancy as yours! I'll just be going to my usual sweet little Vietnamese lady here locally!

Speaking of spa time, I have an appointment on Saturday to check out a kitty boarding facility. They promote it as a 'kitty spa'.
That's so adorable! I've looked into boarding my kitties before, but I think that my two boys would probably hate being at "the spa" for a week, though. So I let them stay home and house-sit for me, and their grandma (my mother) just stops by every other night to visit with them for a bit. They're pretty okay with this arrangement. :cat: :cat:

Last edited:
:bitelip:

Have you left them at a facility before? Not sure what I am going to do with the girls this time (talking cats not DD's). I send the big girl to the spa (it's really the vet but we tell her it's the spa) to be shampooed, brushed and trimmed several times a year and she loves it, but it's just for the day, not overnight.

We are all going for massages at the Yacht club the day after the run. I feel much better about the cost after seeing your spa total, although we are just getting the basic and your day sounds fantastic.

No, I've never boarded them before. On my previous trips I've just taken them to the BFF's house or the one time I left them alone for 2 days. I think that's so sweet that your big kitty likes being pampered at the 'spa'. I am dreading taking mine to the vet. I don't have the fortitude to take them both at once, so I'm going to make two appts.

Yeah, I will need a day at the spa to get over how much I'm spending at the spa. ;) I'm sure your DD will LOVE a massage after doing the run!

Plans look great!

I would love to do some of that spa stuff ... it all sounds amazing ... just a little bit out of my budget. But you'll have to report back on how it all was (and if the sports massage helped you feel great for the race!)

I had a spa day the day before Tink in 2014 and I found it really relaxing. But then I also did 2 more spa days in Vegas a week after the run and time at the parks. It was the best of both worlds. Aaaahhh, memories. I have yet to do a 'sports' type of massage so I am very curious to see how it goes.

Holy crap, this sounds AMAZEBALLS!!! :eek: It also sounds... delicious. Like serious. If I was walking around afterwards smelling like coconut and sugar, I'd spend the whole day resisting the urge to nom on myself! :rotfl:

Mmmm, I sure do love a mani/pedi. :cloud9: I'll be getting one the day before my next trip, but it won't be anything as fancy as yours! I'll just be going to my usual sweet little Vietnamese lady here locally!

That's so adorable! I've looked into boarding my kitties before, but I think that my two boys would probably hate being at "the spa" for a week, though. So I let them stay home and house-sit for me, and their grandma (my mother) just stops by every other night to visit with them for a bit. They're pretty okay with this arrangement. :cat: :cat:

Hee! Now I'm going to think about nomming myself the whole rest of the day after my treatment. :laughing:

Your kitties sound so well-behaved. Mine are total babies and need close supervision. At this kitty spa they have themed rooms and outside play time. Almost like Disney. ;) I hope it's pretty well kept up and I don't have to look for another place to board them. :cat:

Last edited:
Since there is NO WAY Merlin would stand for being boarded (and neither would my sweet departed Robie), I either have a friend come over once a day or I found a pet sitter who is wonderful. That being said...I think I want to go to the kitty spa :).

I found some new socks to go with my new shoes...and some more new shoes. :eek: The wine themed socks are for Wine and Dine of course (unless I wear compression socks).

008 (640x360).jpg

Under Armour had a sale.

011 (640x360).jpg

010 (640x360).jpg

And a shirt I got from ConstantlyVariedGear.com

009 (640x360).jpg

Tomorrow we have another day of 106 temps forecasted. :furious: Speaking of things that make me want to punch people. Thankfully I'm up and running by 4:30AM most days. :faint:

Tomorrow we have another day of 106 temps forecasted. :furious: Speaking of things that make me want to punch people. Thankfully I'm up and running by 4:30AM most days. :faint:
OMG, love the shirt, definitely ordering it for my DD! I knew you would come through :) Only 66 here today, 10 degrees below normal, makes me want to cry like a baby.

Hi!! Joining in and all caught up!

Your title sucked me in because I was thinking of a similar title for my Trip Report. Our one year of Disney will start with our November trip coming up when we get APs. Then, we plan to squeeze as much use out of those APs as possible! We'll also overlap with your November dates a bit. No running for us :rotfl2:(we only run if being chased)!

Enjoying everything so far! :thumbsup2

Hi!! Joining in and all caught up!

Your title sucked me in because I was thinking of a similar title for my Trip Report. Our one year of Disney will start with our November trip coming up when we get APs. Then, we plan to squeeze as much use out of those APs as possible! We'll also overlap with your November dates a bit. No running for us :rotfl2:(we only run if being chased)!

Enjoying everything so far! :thumbsup2

:welcome: Li Li!!! Thanks for joining in all my Disney exploits! I'll have to get over and read your PTR this weekend. LOL at your comment on running. It reminded me of this shirt:

If_Im_Running_Zombies_Have_Taken_Over-500x500 (500x500).jpg

That's another one from ConstantlyVariedGear.com

Again, glad to have you here, Li Li!

I'm having a great day so far! During my run I felt like I'd gotten to the same spot in my training that I was at when I ran the Tinker Bell half in 2014. (Of course I was a slug and didn't train any further than 7 miles for that race.) Now I'm excited to see what comes next and how much further I can go. Then I decided to weigh myself because I thought my waist looked a little smaller in the mirror. Down 2lbs! :dogdance:

To top it off, the kitty spa looked good and I made reservations for James and Elektra for November. Yay! :cat::cat:

I found some new socks to go with my new shoes...and some more new shoes. :eek: The wine themed socks are for Wine and Dine of course (unless I wear compression socks).

View attachment 123164

Under Armour had a sale.

View attachment 123165

View attachment 123166

And a shirt I got from ConstantlyVariedGear.com

View attachment 123167

Hahaha!!! I love your shoe addiction! I've been trying to curb mine, and I am doing pretty well lately. :thumbsup2

I saw that shirt the other night... I can't remember where - probably Pinterest... And I actually thought about buying it. Again - I refrained.... I am trying to save for a Sparkle Athletic skirt or two - so I am trying to be good. Not to mention the bazillion Disney trips I want to take while I have my AP. LOL ::yes::

I'm having a great day so far! During my run I felt like I'd gotten to the same spot in my training that I was at when I ran the Tinker Bell half in 2014. (Of course I was a slug and didn't train any further than 7 miles for that race.) Now I'm excited to see what comes next and how much further I can go. Then I decided to weigh myself because I thought my waist looked a little smaller in the mirror. Down 2lbs! :dogdance:

To top it off, the kitty spa looked good and I made reservations for James and Elektra for November. Yay!

Congrats on your loss - that's great! I feel like I am finally going down too, but I haven't weighed since May - and I'd hate to break my streak now. LOL :scratchin As long as my clothes get looser - I am good with using that as a guide. ::yes::

Have a great weekend!

D~

That's great, 15 lbs is very impressive. Congrats!

Thank you! I finally feel like I've turned a corner. :)

Not to mention the bazillion Disney trips I want to take while I have my AP. LOL ::yes::

Hahaha. Yes, I completely understand that.

As long as my clothes get looser - I am good with using that as a guide. ::yes::

Probably smart to do it that way. My clothes were getting bigger and the scale still wasn't moving and it was frustrating.

Have a great weekend!

You too! :thumbsup2

Not much to report on the Disney planning front. I'm just waiting for my Tables in Wonderland to come in the mail and for the February hotel discounts to be announced. Tick tock. I had a running rest day today. I always have this worry that a rest day will throw off my motivation and tomorrow I'll just decide to bag the whole training thing. Irrational fears on Line 1. Tomorrow is a speed workout, and when the plan says not to think of it as 'grueling', that tells you what to expect. :sad:

I got a Garmin last week so last night I downloaded tomorrow's workout and it's ready to go.

005 (360x640).jpg

I also got some Oofos recovery sandals for after the longer runs. I hope they work!

007 (640x360).jpg

I hope everyone is having a great week. Or at least making it through. :flower:

Wow, I'm gone for a few days and you buy even more stuff?? Wow!
I love it all. The socks especially are super cute!

Congrats on the 2 lbs - that's awesome!

Your new Garmin is so pretty and fancy! I hope you love it!
I've been thinking about getting Oofos sandals ... you'll have to tell me how they work out for you! I really have heard a lot of great things about them.

Waaah... I can't see your pictures... I wanna see your stuff!!!! pouting: You know how I feel about running shopping... LOL

Sounds like we both need to work on our rest days too... LOL Boy - we sure make a good team. ::yes:: I guess that's why I try to cram so much into my work out days, so I can have a decent rest day...

I've heard good things about the Oofos... First thing that comes to mind with the name of these - since I am Minnesotan and all is "Uf-da" Hehehe... Which is also appropriate I bet.

Ok girly... Gotta run... Lots to do yet today! I hope you have a great run tomorrow! :thumbsup2

D~

Wow, I'm gone for a few days and you buy even more stuff?? Wow!
I love it all. The socks especially are super cute!

I know, when I get into something I really go overboard. :sad2: I love the socks too. I wore the Bad Kitties the other morning and felt ferocious. Ok, not really. ;)

Congrats on the 2 lbs - that's awesome!

Thank you so much!

Your new Garmin is so pretty and fancy! I hope you love it!
I've been thinking about getting Oofos sandals ... you'll have to tell me how they work out for you! I really have heard a lot of great things about them.

I will let you know about the sandals. I'm envisioning wearing them at DHS the day after Wine & Dine.

I dunno what a recovery sandal is, but those sure do look comfy!!! :cutie:

They're supposed to be shock absorbing to help your feet recover from workouts on hard surfaces. We'll see.

I wanna see your stuff!!!! pouting: You know how I feel about running shopping... LOL

Awww. I hope the pics work for you now.

Sounds like we both need to work on our rest days too... LOL Boy - we sure make a good team. ::yes::

:hug:

I've heard good things about the Oofos... First thing that comes to mind with the name of these - since I am Minnesotan and all is "Uf-da" Hehehe... Which is also appropriate I bet.

I had to Google Uff Da. That's not one we hear in California, lol.

I hope you have a great run tomorrow! :thumbsup2

I will sure try my best. :thumbsup2

MORE SOCKS! And some capris. :ssst:

012 (640x360).jpg

Yes, the chicks are wearing headbands. On the other side it says, 'Chicks Kick A$$'.
The other two pairs are compression socks for race day/recovery.

009 (640x360).jpg

These are capri length and the pattern carries all the way down.

552b585a7ba6d194d58ef473018f7790.jpg
*Jeez they couldn't spell 'exercise' correctly?*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter