My WDW Moms Panel Training Adventures!!! Includes my night in the Castle!

What lovely surprises! Probably being thick but is the 'thing' above a bag?

Glad you asked I was wondering the same thing.

How the other half live. Can't wait to read the next instalment:thumbsup2

Thats it, now you've made me cry!! what incredible suprises and experiences, I am blown away just reading about it so can't imagine what you must have felt to be there. Hurry up with more!!:cloud9:

They sent home dirty washing???:rotfl2: :rotfl2:
Yep, they thought if they posted home the goodies we got the kids would go mad waiting for them :rotfl2:

What lovely surprises! Probably being thick but is the 'thing' above a bag?
It's a fleecy blanket/throw it's lovely and warm :goodvibes

I'm so pleased you're all enjoying my TR :goodvibes

I got some more goodies in the mail today, I posted photos on the UK CB if you're interested. I think this is going to be a superb exciting year :goodvibes

Thank you!

If we're going to nose into your special year we might as well do it properly!

I woke up feeling as though I’d finally gotten a good nights sleep, I switched on the light to check the time and it was 2.30 am :faint: So much for a long sleep :rotfl:

Todays plan was for us to meet in the conference room at 8 am for breakfast. We were joined by some people from different Disney websites. Whilst we ate I was interviewed by Deb from allears, someone from Mickey News and errrr someone else :lmao: (I'd given up on taking notes by this point, there just wasn't the time!!!)

182.jpg

Today we were going to learn how to use the website, before we started though we gave our goodie bags to Laura, Leanne and the team. I think they were very surprised especially as they were so large :rotfl2: We all had our own desk with a computer on and also on the desk was a lovely embroidered messenger bag, 2 Moms panel pens and a Moms Panel mouse mat. Also Joanne from Canada had left us each a Canadian flag and pin, which was very sweet of her. I found a seat but once our speaker started talking I realised that I am going deaf, I’ve been disputing the fact with DH for a while, and moved to the front where I could hear!

After about 2 hours a strange man came into our room, he started asking us if we were the Campbell family (or similar) over and over again. When we said we weren’t he wondered whether we wanted to listen to the song he’d written anyway. Well OMG he was fantastic, so funny, the song was all about the Moms Panel and us. We were in stitches and gave him a standing ovation. It turns out he was the famous Guitar Dan and the interesting facts about ourselves that Laura had asked for before our trip were used in his lyrics. Bri from the 2008 panel videoed it and it is under videos on my FB page but I can’t work out how to make it public, sorry!

184.jpg

Well after all the fun we had a small break before lunch, during lunch we had a couple of guest speakers from transport. After another delicious meal we had a presentation from the people in charge of next years “What will you Celebrate”. They showed us lots of the special things planned and the new merchandise. Also some very yummy looking cakes, which we were allowed to sample :)

At 3.45pm we boarded the bus to Epcot where we were shooting a small video outside of the Seas. As far as I know it will be going on the website once we go live. It took quite a while to shoot as planes kept flying over, monorails went past and people kept being noisy :rotfl: It took me several takes to get my lines right, we had cue cards and although I’d memorised what I had to say I kept looking at the cards and they put me off, I’m so not cut out to be an actress :lmao:

We had a little bit of free time again so we headed to Soarin but couldn’t get on so I think we rode TT, I was so upset at having to ride again ;) :rotfl: A few of us got the bus back to CSR and had to wait about 20 minutes, where was our private bus when we needed it :rotfl2:

There was time for a quick freshen up before boarding the bus again at 7.30pm for dinner!

This trip sounds amazing :banana: Loving this trip report :goodvibes

What a wonderful insight to your fantastic trip!
I'm loving this trip report:goodvibes

Sounds like you are getting used to the special treatment. How dare they make you wait 20 mins ;)

This report keeps getting better. Sounds like you had a lot of fun:goodvibes

Dinner tonight was at Jiko at the AKL, we were shown to our own private room, which was gorgeous. We had a personalised menu and we were being treated to an amazing 8-course menu!!!! I brought the menu home with me so I could share it with you!

Taste of Africa ~ Trio of dips with assorted breads and house-made Naan.

Individual Appetizer Sampler Plate:
Spiced Briouats ~ Pulled Beef rolled in Naan with tomato-date jam.
Curried Samosas ~ Crispy pockets with potato, sweet corn and sweet tamarind dipping sauce.
Duck confit and fig salad with comice pears, black mission figs and goat cheese crouton.

Choice of the following starter:
Barbecue chicken flatbread with grilled onion, apple, African barbecue sauce and four cheeses.
Or
Fire-roasted mussels with lamb merguez, sweet potatoes and spiced tomato broth.

Soup:
Roasted kuri squash soup with spiced yogurt and roasted chestnuts.

Salad:
Tomato cucumber salad with red onions and watermelon vinaigrette.

Intermezzo

Choice of the following main plate:
Wood-fired lamb loin with spiced lentils, baby carrots and lemon-infused demi-glace.
Oak-grilled filet mignon with macaroni & cheese and red wine sauce.
Maize-crusted sturgeon with vegetables of the moment and tomato-butter sauce.
Chermoula tanglewood chicken with goat cheese mashed potatoes, preserved lemons and harissa.

Jiko Dessert Sampler:
A taste of our favorite three desserts… To share.

I so wished I liked spicy food as it all looked so lovely, I did try a little of everything though. For my starter I chose the flatbread but without the apples as I’m allergic and it was very delicious. For my main I chose the Filet, which again was yummy, the mac and cheese was an odd accompaniment though!

In between each course the chef came out to explain what each dish was and we also had our own sommelier. We were also joined by several guests, one who was in charge of Disney Dining and very knowledgeable!

Several hours passed and as 6 of us were being picked up at about 10pm we had our dessert boxed up to go. Because we were headed back to the MK!!!!!

We walked outside to see our carriage waiting, not Cinderellas I’m afraid as it was too far for the horses to go :rotfl: But it was a big car, sorry not sure what type but it did have a nice sign on the side :)

Laura beside the car!
188.jpg

Katie was waiting to whisk us away to our fairytale abode for the night. During the drive she told us that MK was hosting a MVMCP tonight and we were welcome in the 1.5 hours left to ride some rides. Due to on-stage shows we were informed that once we entered the Castle Suite it was very difficult for us to leave again so we unanimously decided to ride some rides :yay:

First stop was Buzz and with our own personal fastpass Katie we were straight on. I scored pretty good and after talking with Katie will definitely be scoring higher next time!

190.jpg

Next stop was Space Mountain and after riding the right side Katie asked us if we’d like to ride the left side straight away to compare, well how could we refuse and we were shooting off through space again. Kay was hilarious on this and made funny errrrr errrr errrrr noises throughout, we were all in hysterics :rotfl: The time was going amazingly quickly and we had time for one ride on the Haunted Mansion before heading to the suite :goodvibes

Sounds like a fantastic time :thumbsup2
Really enjoying reading all about your trip, thanks for sharing :goodvibes

oohh you left us at a cliffhanger yet again, so close to Cinderellas Suite:lmao: Sounds like a great day, would love to meet Deb Wills actually. Looking forward to more:goodvibes

That dinner sounds yummy!

wow it all sounds amazing Jo :goodvibes

What a shame you don't enjoy spicy food, as that menu is heaven to me ::yes::

Yet another cliffhanger.....:surfweb:

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest