My PC, GF, VWL, BCV, VWL, and SSR vacation…

tell me more! tell me more! i am going to be so depressed when janet's trip finally comes to an end... until i remember that she's had another since and there's the vow renewal coming up in the fall to look forward to! thanks for keeping me going, janet!

tonight i was on the phone w/a cast member booking pirate adventure for my children, and she asked if i was familiar w/the GF, had i been there before, etc... and while i was at 1900 park fair for breakfast twice, i would have had to say "nope, not familiar" except that i have seen janet's map (w/the marina highlighted) so i was able to say "YEP, know just where it is!" :)

thanks janet!

OMG it can't be over!! I need more more more! I just discovered this thread and have sat here, in awe, reading the ENTIRE 17 pages. It can't end yet, I must have more! LOL :hyper: :wave2:

This is like reading a book that you can't put down, a page turner that keeps you up late into the night. Due to Janets wonderful descriptions I can taste the food, feel the breeze and the excitement! I cannot wait to read the rest.

Janet, they are terrific. The entire adventure sounds so wonderful and reading your reports makes me feel like I'm right there with you.

With our trip just under 4 months away, these reports are easing the terrible hole I have being away for so long. Can't wait for the next installment.

Originally posted by gigi1313
tell me more! tell me more! i am going to be so depressed when janet's trip finally comes to an end... until i remember that she's had another since and there's the vow renewal coming up in the fall to look forward to! thanks for keeping me going, janet!

tonight i was on the phone w/a cast member booking pirate adventure for my children, and she asked if i was familiar w/the GF, had i been there before, etc... and while i was at 1900 park fair for breakfast twice, i would have had to say "nope, not familiar" except that i have seen janet's map (w/the marina highlighted) so i was able to say "YEP, know just where it is!" :)

thanks janet!

Don't get too depressed yet - Janet's vow renewal is coming soon and we will have that to look forward to! :Pinkbounc

Originally posted by Janet2k
Would my husband find his reading glasses? Would the children figure out how to read the map? Would we ever be led to the “treasure for our heart, soul, and mind?” Stay tuned.

Janet you are such a tease!!
But I am not touching that line about "Ms. Merriam Webster"! No way!

NOOO! GIVE ME MORE NOW! Sorry to be so rude but I cannot take the suspense any more, your writing is so detailed and expressive it takes my breath away. The tears have come a couple of times I'm afraid.
By the way, your trip has inspired me to book the family magic tour. I didn't think my kids would cope with any kind of tour at their age (5, 3 and 1) but this sounds perfect for them. Sadly, I will know where the clues are now but my kids will get such a kick out of this.

Thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou from the bottom of my heart for bringing the magic that little bit closer.

Lots of love and pixie dust,
Claire

When I left you last, I had asked my husband to help the children with the treasure map. At that point my husband had given away his age by stating that he didn’t have his reading glasses with him. Sheesh! What was a girl (a.k.a., me) to do? There were three children on the beach itching to figure out the treasure map, and there were six adults anxiously awaiting that moment.

I tried not to worry that the clock was ticking away the precious minutes. My daughter knew where the dessert party was going to be held, and even though I had told her to keep that surprise a secret, I knew she was capable of following the treasure map and leading everyone to the Grand Floridian’s marina if the need arose.

As soon as I realized that, I relaxed. I didn’t care how long it took the children to figure out the treasure map, the dessert party would just have to wait. It was more important that the children got to be, well, children, and if it took them thirty minutes to figure out a map, so be it.

Within a few minutes, Floridafam’s son and daughter had found their bearings and suddenly knew which way to head in regards to the treasure map. Yahoo! We were finally going on a treasure hunt!

My Grand Floridian Convention Services Cast Member told everyone to gather up their items from the Summerhouse patio area since we were heading to a new location. He mentioned to Bonzie1 that he would box up the engraved glasses and have them transferred to the new area. She was grateful to hear that. And with that last detail out of the way, everyone stepped out onto the sidewalk and let Floridafam’s son lead the way (click here) to a “ treasure for your heart, soul, and mind

It was dusk now, but not quite pitch-black. The temperature was perfect, in the low-80’s. It was a glorious evening and many people were out for an evening stroll just like we were. Well, maybe not exactly like we were. We weren’t really strolling; we were on a mission.

Our group walked along the sidewalk that hugged the Grand Floridian’s main building. (Click here for resort map.) Our photographer was actually in the lead, but he wasn’t leading us. He was walking backwards, snapping photographs of our group as we traveled along on our merry way: click here. That was another one of the requests that I had made on the “shot” list that had been submitted to Disney Event Productions before my vacation began. I was very pleased to see that my photographer had been following my shot list to a “T” all night long. Boy, he was good.

It didn’t take our group long to reach the marina. We continued along the sidewalk and headed towards the Sago Cay lodge building. As we walked, I could hear music faintly playing in the distance. Was that “I Just Can’t Wait To Be King” from “The Lion King” movie? As we approached our destination, the music grew louder. I suddenly wondered if that music was for us? I didn’t remember music being listed on my BEO for the dessert party. But with each step there was no denying the fact that the music was indeed coming from the dessert party’s location. And with those final steps we had arrived at a place that truly did what the special letter had stated it would do:

“X” marks the spot where you should start.
It takes you to a place that will capture your heart.

My heart was captured. Boy, was it ever. I couldn’t breathe because the wind had been knocked right out of me as I viewed what lay before me. The location at night was by far prettier and more romantic than anything I could have possibly ever imagined. I don’t know how Disney does it but they seem to be able to creep into my imagination and take what they find there and turn it into reality. I wish I could share with you folks the sights, the sounds, and the smells of that evening. Only then you would truly understand what I felt as I stood at the entrance to the dessert party.

I thought I’d take a moment to re-post the link to what the dessert party location looked like in the daylight: click here. I’m doing that because I don’t have many photos to share with you of what that location looked like in the moonlight. You’re just going to have to take my word for it that it was truly beautiful at night, ~sigh.~

After I had caught my breath, I entered the dessert party area. Bonzie1’s husband walked in with me and he exclaimed, “Oh, my gosh!” I said in amazement, “Nice view, huh?” Floridafam responded with, “I think I’m going to faint.” And with that Bonzie1’s husband repeated, “Oh, boy – oh, boy – oh, boy – oh, boy!” It was nice knowing that I wasn’t the only one who was dazzled by what my Grand Floridian Convention Services Cast Member and his team had put together for us.

The first thing my eyes fixated on was the dessert buffet table. It sat against the railing that bordered the marina: click here. I noticed that it sat in close proximity to our dinner table. And you know what that meant, don’t you? None of us would need to walk far in order to satisfy our sweet tooth. That was pretty good thinking on my Cast Member’s part – keep the guests close to the desserts. No wonder he’s a professional.

Here is a photo that my Disney photographer took of the dessert buffet table: click here. As you can see, the barbeque theme was perfectly carried over to the dessert party. Besides the red & white gingham-checked linen overlay, the buffet table was topped with a wooden barrel, shafts of wheat, and an animal skull: click here. I’m sure you remember that those same items were used as decorations at the Summerhouse dinner party. Using them at the dessert party was a wonderful touch that gave the entire evening a feeling of continuity.

As I stood before the buffet table, the one thing that really jumped out at me was the lighting that was used: click here. I absolutely loved it that one of the floor lamps from a Grand Floridian resort room had been used to help illuminate the buffet table. That homey touch was truly appreciated by me since my family had spent parts of many vacations at the resort.

Since I’ve just shown you a few photos of the buffet table, I bet you’re curious about the desserts, aren’t you? Page 2 of my BEO had stated the following information:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Catering Food & Beverage
8:30pm – 10:00pm: DESSERT PARTY AT MARINA WEST

Cindy’s Slipper Desserts
Mickey Mousse Bombe
Mickey Jell-O
Pudding Trifles
Dirt Pots
Mickey Krispy Treats
Warm Apple and Blueberry Cobblers

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Cinderella’s Slipper dessert was the only dessert that I had requested during the event planning process. Both Floridafam and I were anxious to experience that dessert for the very first time. The other desserts on the menu were suggested to me by my Convention Services Cast Member. When I first saw them listed on the BEO, I immediately knew they would be perfect for the party.

Psssst… Buddy… Wanna see some photographs…

I think I’ve teased you enough with words; it’s time for me to show you with photographs what the desserts actually looked like. But I should warn you first – I am not responsible if you feel the sudden urge to raid your kitchen. Now that you’ve been adequately warned, let’s move on with the show.

On the very leftmost side of the buffet table, barely in view in this photograph (click here), sat two cobbler dishes in warming trays: apple and blueberry. I think Bonzie1’s husband would agree with me when I state that they were delicious.

Next to the cobblers sat…

Okay, this next dessert deserves a special introduction. May I have a drum roll please? No? Then how ‘bout a definition?

pièce de ré·sis·tance
(Merriam-Webster OnLine Dictionary)
Pronunciation: pE-"es-d&-r&-"zE-'stän(t)s, -rA-, -'stäns
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural pièces de ré·sis·tance /same/
Etymology: French, literally, piece of resistance
1 : the chief dish of a meal
2 : an outstanding item or event : SHOWPIECE

And that was exactly what the next dessert was – it was the pièce de résistance. “And what,” you ask, “was that dessert?” Why, the Cinderella’s Slipper dessert, of course: click here.

That dessert was made of white chocolate in the shape of Cinderella’s glass slipper. The slipper was filled with a very creamy mousse and it was topped with raspberries. Here is another view of the Cinderella’s Slipper dessert: click here. It was delicious and later on you’ll see how my daughter ate it. I must admit that I was happy that she ate hers before I ate mine because I honestly had no idea how to go about eating it.

You’re probably wondering what those little Mickey Mouse hats were that were mixed in with the slippers, aren’t you? They were called Mickey Mousse Bombe. I didn’t try one but my daughter did. She said they were chilled and quite tasty. The hat’s ears were made out of Nabisco’s Nilla wafers that were coated in chocolate: click here. Each mouse hat sat on a bed of some sort of chocolate crumble (if you look closely, you can see it in the photo).

Before I move on to the next dessert, I thought I would point out a few of the little touches that Disney is famous for. Just like at the dinner party, there were individual cards placed next to each of the dessert trays: click here. These little cards not only stated the name of the dessert on the tray, they also contained the little barbeque icon (a picnic basket sitting atop a picnic tablecloth) that had been used at the dinner party and also on the private function signs. Another touch was found on the mirrored tray that held the Cinderella’s Slipper and Mickey Mousse Bombe desserts. Multi-colored, Mickey-head candy confetti was scattered about the entire tray. A small touch, but for a girl who enjoys simplicity, those little things sure meant a lot.

Next to the slippers and the mouse ears sat the Mickey JELL-O desserts: click here. The JELL-O was in the shape of Mickey’s head and it was topped with a huge dollop of whipped cream. But what I found most interesting about this dessert was the choice of containers that were used for it. They resembled little wooden crates.

Let’s take a step back and think about that for a moment. JELL-O (click here) is an American dessert staple. It’s been around since 1897. There’s not much that most folks do to it. You mix it up, you put it in the fridge to set, and voila, you have your dessert. And that is pretty much what Disney did. They mixed up some JELL-O, put it in the fridge, and once it was ready, cut it into the shape of Mickey’s head and topped it with whipped cream. But how did Disney take such a basic dessert and make it special? Why, they put it in a fun container that was themed to the party. Such a simple thing to do, really. I never would have thought of it. Again, that Disney detail is just so dang much fun to discover. Whoever would have thought I would have gotten so excited over JELL-O.

Moving right along (click here)…

Next to the Mickey JELL-O desserts were the pudding trifles: click here. The parfait glasses were filled with layers of whipped cream, vanilla pudding, and chocolate pudding. I don’t know about you folks, but when I was a child and my Mom served me pudding, it was never in a parfait glass, it was always in a bowl. I’m sure glad the Disney chefs used nicer containers for their pudding confections than my Mom did (no offense, Mom).

I love Kellogg’s Rice Krispies treats and was thrilled when I saw Mickey Krispy Treats (click here) listed on my BEO. I didn’t eat any of them on the night of the dessert party; however, my husband had the foresight to box up a couple of them for me. I ate - okay, maybe ate isn’t quite the word - I demolished those treats over the next several days. I was amazed at how fresh they tasted even after having sat around in my resort room for a few days.

The Grand Floridian (click here) is without question one of the grandest of Disney’s resorts. Take a look at a video clip of the resort: click here. After you’ve viewed that video clip, what sort of dessert would you expect to be served at a private party there? Surely, cherries jubilee. Possibly, a Grand Marnier soufflé. Heck, maybe even a crème brûlée. But I think it’s probably a pretty safe bet that never in a million years would you expect them to serve you a Dirt Pot for dessert. Am I right? That would probably be the last dessert that you would ever think of when you thought of a dessert party at the resort. And that’s the beauty of the Grand Floridian. Most people think she’s stuffy and too adultlike. But I beg to differ. The resort has a lot of humor and anyone who has viewed my dessert menu would have to agree. Come on now, would a stuffy and adultlike establishment ever serve you shoes, hats, and dirt pots? You know they wouldn’t. And yet that is exactly what she did. She (and her fine staff) took ordinary items and sprinkled pixie dust on them until they became extraordinarily fun desserts. And that is what makes the Grand, well, so grand. Everyday people staying at a stately resort where they can kick back and have a little fun, even if that fun means eating worms and mouse ears. Yep, she’s my kinda resort.

So, now that I’ve mentioned the Dirt Pot dessert, I might as well show you a picture of it: click here. My daughter has made that same dessert (on a simpler scale) at the Grand Floridian’s Grand Adventures In Cooking Class: click here. She had fun making it in the past, so why shouldn’t she have fun eating it in the present? There was no reason in the world that I could think of, and so that dessert was listed on the menu. And what a fine addition it was, too. The children really enjoyed it.

I don’t know about you folks, but I feel like I have to loosen the waistband of my pants after having viewed all those decadent dessert photos. Excuse me for a moment while I change into something a little more comfortable… Okay, I’ve got my sweat pants on now. That feels better.

Back to the dessert party. Next to the Dirt Pots sat pots of an entirely different color. Those pots were silver and they contained lemonade, caffeinated coffee, and decaffeinated coffee: click here.

Now that I’m done describing the food and beverages, it’s time to get back to describing the dessert party.

As I’ve already mentioned, there was music at the party. I didn’t know there would be so I found it a complete (and very pleasant) surprise. The music enhanced the party’s atmosphere; I was very thankful that it was there. And as I sit here tonight viewing the video footage that I took that night, I can hear the song that was playing as my guests entered the party. It was “I Just Can’t Wait To Be King” (click here for audio clip) and in particular, these lyrics are what my camcorder captured:

Everybody look left
Everybody look right
Everywhere you look I'm --
Standing in the spotlight

Let every creature go for broke and sing
Let's hear it in the herd and on the wing
It's gonna be King Simba's finest fling

Oh, I just can't wait to be king!

When we walked in, we looked left, and then we looked right. And after we had made our way into the middle of the location, we found ourselves in the spotlight. Okay, so maybe there wasn’t a spotlight, but there was subdued mood lighting. I wish I had a photo to share with you of the lighting but I forgot to take one (shame on me). Please take my word for it; Disney Event Productions (DEP) did another wonderful job with the lighting and with the music. I should note that the DEP Cast Member who handled the lighting and music at the Summerhouse party also handled the lighting and music at the dessert party. He did a beautiful job with everything. I was definitely very pleased.

As my guests checked out the desserts on the buffet table, I checked out my surroundings. The sun had long since set and the sky was finally dark. I could see Cinderella’s Castle across the lagoon from where I stood. Everything was breathtaking and beyond my wildest dreams. The whole area had an intimate feel to it, and with a guest list of only nine people, it was the perfect place for a party. As I stood there, I felt so happy that my Convention Services Cast Member had suggested a dessert party at the marina instead of at the Summerhouse.

As I glanced at the buffet table, what do you think I saw? Arms everywhere: click here. The children were the first ones to raid the buffet. It was just too cute for words, and I’m so happy that my camera captured the moment. I find this especially amazing since I was taking video with the camcorder in my right hand as I took photographs with the camera in my left hand (I didn’t realize I was so ambidextrous). Tonight as I reviewed that video footage, I heard Floridafam telling her daughter to hold off on the desserts for a little bit. I also heard my husband laughing as he said, “She just can’t wait to dig in.” To which Floridafam responded, “I know! She’s already grabbing her plate.” Then I heard Floridafam’s son exclaiming, “Where should I start? Where should I start?!” And my daughter said, “Let’s start with the Cinderella Slipper!” It was at that point that I saw the kids running to the slipper dessert with their plates in hand. It was cute seeing just how excited the children were about the desserts. I was very glad that we had the dessert selection that we had – they were definitely kid-friendly (and adult-friendly) desserts.

Once the children were done raiding the table, it was the adults’ turn. I like this photo: click here. Cinderella (a.k.a., Bonzie1) appears to be contemplating whether or not the slipper will fit. I assure you folks, it fit Cinderella beautifully (inside her tummy, that is).

With such a varied selection of desserts, you’re probably wondering what our options were for drinks. Well, beside the coffee and lemonade that were sitting on our buffet table, we also had a bartender and a fully stocked bar. Shortly before the dessert party began, our bartender had transferred over from the Summerhouse location. He was waiting for us when we first walked into the dessert party. It wasn’t long before my husband fetched me something cold to drink: click here. He’s a good man and he enjoyed conversing with the bartender.

I should probably mention that our Summerhouse waiter also joined us at the dessert party. And there was another waiter at the dessert party, too, but I don’t think he saw much action from us. Just like at the Summerhouse, we were a crowd who took care of ourselves. We didn’t want anyone coming between us and our desserts, no sir-ee.

Once everyone had at least one dessert on their plate, they sat down at the table to eat. The table was round and easily sat all nine of us. It was covered with a white tablecloth that was topped with a large square of red & white gingham-checked cloth. On top of the table were votives of many colors: click here.

As she sat at the table, my daughter decided to check out the treasure map again. I asked her if we were in the right place, and she assured me that we were: click here. Boy, that was a relief. I’d hate to think we were at someone else’s party.

The children had a lot of fun playing with their food, especially my daughter. When it came to eating Cinderella’s Slipper, she wasn’t quite sure what to do: click here. Should she start with the toe or with the heel? That was a tough decision but she was up to the challenge. The toe it was: click here. And as they say in fairy tales, if the shoe fits, eat it: click here. Okay, maybe they don’t say it exactly that way in the books, but what the heck, a modern day girl is certainly entitled to write her own story any way she sees fit.

And speaking of modern day girls, when they find a dessert that they like, they don’t hesitate to lick every last morsel of it from their lips, as Floridafam’s daughter is doing in this photo: click here. That photo has become one of my favorites from the party. It captures perfectly what it means to be a child. Floridafam’s daughter is an absolutely precious child.

It was serious business eating all those desserts as this photo will attest: click here. Luckily, our little group was up to the challenge. We polished off desserts like they were going out of style. You’d think it was hard work, wouldn’t you? But not for us. No matter how full our bellies became, our mouths still remembered how to smile: click here and also click here.

As I ate my Cinderella’s Slipper dessert, my mind drifted back to the special letter that had been delivered to the children earlier that evening: click here. The end of it had stated:

Enjoy the sweets and special dishes…
As you finish your night with a sky full of “Wishes!”

I couldn’t believe that it was almost time for the Magic Kingdom’s Wishes™ Nighttime Spectacular to begin. In preparation for the fireworks show, the children gathered at the railing: click here. The adults joined them there.

As I stood at the railing, I suddenly noticed how quiet it had become. Music had been playing throughout our dessert party but now there was none. I thought that maybe it had been turned off so as to not detract from the fireworks show that was about to begin.

And then I heard it. The soundtrack for the show began playing as the Wishes™ Nighttime Spectacular began across the lagoon: click here. That took me completely by surprise. The topic of the soundtrack had never come up in the dessert party discussions that I had with my Cast Member. I didn’t even know that it was possible. And so I stood at the marina with goosebumps covering every part of my body. Except for my eyes, that is. Those were filled with tears. And with tear-filled eyes, I began experiencing the fireworks show with my guests.

I would like to take the moment to provide you with the link to photos and video (in both broadband and dial-up versions) of the Wishes™ Nighttime Spectacular. This information is found right here on the Dis website: click here. If you play the video of the fireworks show, make sure to have your box of tissues handy. I am playing the video right now and I have to stop every few minutes to wipe away the tears from my eyes.

That evening as the Wishes™ show continued on, we all stood there spellbound. Our Disney photographer took photos as we watched the fireworks from the Grand Floridian’s marina. I don’t think there was a dry eye in the house.

The fireworks show lasts approximately twelve minutes and it ends with the following song. I thought I’d match a few photos to the lyrics from that song (just click on the links):

When You Wish Upon a Star

(click here for audio clip)
Music: Leigh Harline
Lyrics: Ned Washington

When you wish upon a star (click here for photo)
Makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires
Will come to you

If your heart is in your dream (click here for photo)
No request is too extreme
When you wish upon a star
As dreamers do

Fate is kind (click here for photo)
She brings to those to love
The sweet fulfillment of
Their secret longing

Like a bolt out of the blue (click here for photo)
Fate steps in and sees you through
When you wish upon a star
Your dreams come true

Once the fireworks show had ended, we all took a moment to catch our breath. The marina had been an absolutely perfect place to watch the fireworks show from.

None of us wanted the night to end, plus there were still plenty of desserts left to eat, so we grabbed a little something and went back to the table and sat down. But we didn’t sit down for long because we could hear the music from the Electrical Water Pageant beginning out in the lagoon. A few of us went to the end of the marina to watch the show. The view wasn’t the best because you could only see the first couple of barges, but since all of us had seen the show numerous times before, none of us minded it one bit. The Electrical Water Pageant is always one of the vacation highlights whenever my family is staying at the Grand Floridian Resort.

After the Electrical Water Pageant had ended, it was back to the table we went. There were desserts to finish. It was here that Floridafam’s son came to life. He was so animated, and his stories were so funny, that he soon had us all in stitches. Neither Floridafam nor her husband could believe how talkative their son had become. I loved it that he felt comfortable enough with us to truly let loose. When my family had first met him during the Family Magic Tour the day before, he was initially quiet and reserved. Towards the end of the tour, and even more so at lunch, he began to open up to us. Our two families had fun that day. But tonight at the dessert party he had come into his element and was bristling with energy. It was a wonderful sight to behold. My daughter is usually never at a loss for words but she was in Floridafam’s son’s presence – he held her entranced: click here. She listened intently to his every word, it was cute to watch. Oh, to be young again, ~sigh.~

As the clock approached 10 PM, the party came to an end. It had been an incredible evening; one filled with scrumptious food, cold drinks, decadent desserts, and a surprise or two. It would be a night that my family would never forget. And it ended as all Disney fairy tales do: They lived happily ever after.

====================================

The following was added in November 2005...

Last year I put together a short video slideshow with a few of the fireworks photos from my Summerhouse Dinner Party Event. I did this as a thank you for my friends. Hopefully, my little video slideshow will give you folks a small glimpse of what my guests experienced at the Grand Floridian’s marina that night. Watching the Wishes™ Nighttime Spectacular fireworks show was truly was the perfect way to end our ~magical~ evening.

Click here to go to the video slideshow. It is located on Google Video.

====================================

I just wanted to add my thanks to you for taking the time to write all of this for us - and what a keepsake for your daughter!! Although we can't all afford to do something like this on such a grand scale, you have shown us what is possible. Apparently if we can dream it, Disney can do it and that's nice to know!! We appreciate all your efforts!:earsgirl:

Clap! Clap! Bravo!!!!

Now get busy with that vow renewal report would ya? No rest for the weary!

THANK YOU Janet2k!

They lived happily ever after... AMEN! thank you so much for sharing your wonderful glorious magical evening with us in such great detail... you are both gifted and a gift... blessed and a blessing... thank you...

::now, on to the vow renewal plans!::

BRAVO! BRAVO! I swear that when you were describing the apple and blueberry cobblers, I could SMELL THEM! You are a-mazzzz-ing! Thank you...thank you...thank you!!!

I, too stand enthralled at not only the planning and execution of such a wonderful evening, but at your eloquence in sharing all of the elements of planning with us. Your words, combined with your photos were just as if you had invited us ALL to your Summer House picnic and Marina Dessert Party... Thank you! Thank you! We had a WONDERFUL time!

::yes:: :wave2: princess:

WOW!! Can I just say WOW!! I felt like I was there. You are the most amazing person to have planned that event for friends. Thank you very much for sharing.

unique
(Merriam-Webster OnLine Dictionary)
Pronunciation: yu-'nEk
Function: adjective
Etymology: French, from Latin unicus, from unus one -- more at ONE
1 : being the only one
2 : being without a like or equal
3: Janet2k

I am new to this board and I am in awe of the various trip reports that people have written. I have been to WDW many times with my family but none of our trips have come close to those described on this board. However, Janet2K, your reports are truly amazing. Whatever you do for work...if it doesn't involve trip/event planning and/or writing, please consider a change of careers! Your description of the trip and the dinner party were just fabulous. Thank you so much for letting me live vicariously through you!!

Janet2k,

Wow, I love the dessert descriptions! The Mickey Mousse Bombe is so cute, but how is that pronounced? And what does it mean?Is it "bomb" like a bomb? Forgive my culinary ignorance!

it just dawned on me... this vacation is not even half over! YAY! there is more to come... like the BCV, VWL and SSR portions! how great is that?! MORE MAGIC! YAY!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter