My Open Letter to Disney.....A Loyal Guest Speaks Out

DVC is great for planning trips,not so great for spur of the moment trips though. Maybe a great airfare pops up and it fits your schedule but nothing DVC is availible. Or perhaps I'd like to stay at a monorail resort and don't want to burn tons of points to do so.

While I haven't been to WDW as many times as so many of you, I do go as often as I can, and am relocating to Florida, because I can to visit more often.
Members of my family have asked me why I keep going back, and as things have changed my answer has always been to Remember the Magic I felt the first time I visited. I took my first Disney cruise in March, and we had an Imagineer onboard for a Behind the scenes talk. He told us, what was coming up, what was rumored. He also told us, that although sometimes things change, Disney does listen to the guests. If there is something wrong, he told us the best thing to do is to voice your concerns. He told us that Figment returning was because of the Guests wanting Figment back. People also asked about 20,000 Leagues and he stated that nothing has been decided yet. You need to let people know.
In anything I do, if there is something good, I try to let the right people know and try to do the same with something bad. Unfortunately for me I usually put up with the bad instead of actually telling someone. That is the only way that the people who make the decisions can know that there is a problem. If they don’t hear, they don't know there is a problem and sometimes they don't respond but it's not because they don't understand what the problem is.
My last visit in 2001 was right after 9-11. It was a hard time for a lot of people, but being at WDW allowed me to believe that there is still hope. It gave me peace. Things were different there from my first visit, but it didn't matter. It was still the place I could go to forget about my troubles.
The letter that DisneyKidds wrote contains a lot of things that I think people think but never say. I was heartbroken when Disney Club was closing, couldn't believe I actually got a Disney Visa and try very hard not to use it. And I'm glad she wrote it and there are some people responding. I just hope that we all remember that there is Magic there if we remember to always look. It changes but hopefully it’s always there. It may not be the same but it’s there. I agree with Safetymom’s comments that it would be good to go back to the way it was and I hope that Disney hears about how a lot of Disney fans feel.

I totally agree with your letter. I have vacationed at Disney (land and world)for over 30 years and the changes are painful. My husband always says if there is something of value the next year they either take it away, or make it smaller and charge more. I hate the feeling that all they want is your money.What I liked in the past was the feeling that they were all about the experience. I liked the fact that even though prices were high one did not even consider the money because there was a feeling of maintaining the high standards that Walt had put forth.
The cast memebers are not as helpful. As I was entering Universal I had on a Disney shirt and the man taking the tickets began a conversation with me. He was a senior citizen and told me he had worked at Disney for over 20 years. He said that they were NOT the same company he began working for and so he left. Maybe I just expect less from Universal but I have had some really great experiences with their employees. I cannot say the same for Disney of late.

I too had written a letter a couple of years ago similiar to yours and received pretty much a "kiss off" reply. One of the CM's had given me an address and told me to write (on the QT). I DID NOT have the names of those to whom you mailed your letter and I bet that is the difference.
Good luck and I hope this starts a letter writing campagin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter