• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My mini-blinds are stuck and won't go down...is this fixable?

laurajetter

Mouseketeer<br><Font color="red">The Tag Fairy thi
I have mini-blinds in one of our spare bedrooms which I opened earlier today and now they won't go down. When opening them earlier, I had first twisted the rod that's on the left side to rotate the blinds so I could see outside. Then I had pulled the 2 strings on the right to raise the blinds about a foot.

Now all I want to do is lower them back down, but when I try to do that, they won't disengage to the position that lets you lower them. The only direction the blinds move is up, and now they are about a foot from the top.

I know how to work mini-blinds, so I kind of feel like a dork for not being able to get them down...does anyone know how to fix this problem? These blinds are less than a year old and have been working fine until today.

Please help, I don't have much more space to keep trying before they reach the top!

Try to keep jiggling the strings seperately for awhile.That should loosen up the mechanicism all the way on top. After doing this and they start working again the blinds will probably be lopsided, then just hold the strings together and straighten them out. Once in a while this happens to me and it drives me crazy.It sounds as though they got locked, but if you keep moving the strings it should unlock and go back to normal.

our blinds at work are messed up.....I have to pull the cord with one hand and pull them down gently with my other hand....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter