My ** Memories of Ma **Pre-Trip Report

WOW.. What an amazing 22 year old you are.. Your mom, I know is looking down on you and beaming with pride.. It is kind of funny (well not really funny) how when someone passes, inevitably, people in your life that you may not have been that close to before, your relationship changes.. that happened with my mom and I went my dad died.. My mom and i never saw eye to eye.. my dad and I had a better relationship.. once he passed, we both kind of realized that we needed each other..
I give you so much credit.. school, work, going on a solo Disney vacation.. At 22 I know for sure, I wasn't close to doing any of those things..
Do you know that you can see Wishes from Narcosses? I love it there.. I would keep all your signatures, after all, you want to get your money's worth.. Did you try Askerous? I haven't been but I heard its good food and good interaction with the princesses.. another thing to think about is just walking up.. I mean, your solo, I am sure they could fit you in.. Can't wait to hear more!

:hug: welcome to my PTR
thank you for being so sweet. I hope I make my mom proud. It makes me feel so good to hear others that have never met me or my mother say I make my mother proud. Last night I went to her Jewel (my mom worked at Jewel Osco for 20 years, for anyone who doesn't know what that is, it is a grocery store) and I saw a few of the ladies she was close with and I swear, they were such a huge part of coping those first few weeks after my mom's passing and they always remind me how much my mom loved him. The feeling of warmth will never fade when someone tells me that my mom is proud of me, or was proud of me or any way my mom felt of me or would feel of me now. It means so much. oh, it just squeezes all of my insides thinking about it.
I am excited for my signatures, especially Yachtsman. My mom and I were always planning to go there.

also, I am very happy that you and your mother are becoming closer. I cannot express how happy and important it is that I am becoming closer with my dad.

I hope you enjoy the rest of my planning and always share your opinions and any suggestions:goodvibes

37 days!!!!

100_5789 by alwaysellen, on Flickr
my mom & I outside of rope drop at MK August 2009

Good morning!
I'm at work. We just got done with our morning rush of people checking out so now it is time for Disboards:goodvibes

:surfweb:

After work I am going out to my dad's to have dinner with him, then two of my girlfriends from high school are coming out to Naperville to check out the bar scene with me & a few of the girls from my dorm. I'm the one of the *oldest* on my floor being 22:scared1: I know I will be kicking myself when I am 44 thinking to myself that I wish I were 22 again.

It will be good to have a bit of home with me.
I was driving back to where I grew up in the south suburbs of Chicago yesterday,
and I began thinking,
this year has been the conclusion of my life's first chapter, or a very long chapter at the least.
So many things have changed.

okay, off to do some paper work
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
I will be sure to pop in throughout the weekend
I love seeing everyone add my to PTR!
:grouphug:

hey!
It's been one busy weekend!
I'm starting to work more PM shifts which I am not a huge fan of, they take up most of your day and make it impossible to go out at night....for the most part :rotfl:

I need to start focusing on my Disney trip!
I am four weeks away from my fall finals and slowly coming to a close with all of my research projects, one of which is on

:cheer2:DISNEY!:cheer2:
it's for my mass media and society course.
My professor is amazed at how much I know about Disney. Apparently it is a company that a lot of people do their reseach projects on, but he really likes my enthusiasm on the company, so he has no problem with me choosing Disney.

I put my request in for a King bed at POP, does anyone know what my chances are? I think having two beds in the room would make me sad since I am going solo.

Also, I am going to add the celebrations to my dining reservations.
The woman I spoke with to add my request to my resort reservation added my mom's life celebration to my reservation. It will be nice to start my trip that way :goodvibes

I was coinsidering requesting a king but after looking at their locations I decided against it. And having the extra bed last year helped as a catch all for souviners and other "stuff" since the rooms at Pop are on the small side and I have a bad habit of overpacking anyway. Since I'm driving down I requested a room closest to parking in building 8 or 9. I stayed in building 7 last year and want something a little closer to the busses. But now my big dilema will be figuring a schedule so I can fit the Saints/Giants game that Monday night in with the parks. :happytv:

Sorry for your loss! I can't wait to hear more. We leave for the world on
Nov.30.
:hug: thank you. Welcome to my PTR. where will you be staying during your trip? maybe we will run into each other!:goodvibes

100_5789 by alwaysellen, on Flickr

Such a great photo!:goodvibes

thank you so much:hug: I will post more later in the week. How are you TinkerChelle?

I was coinsidering requesting a king but after looking at their locations I decided against it. And having the extra bed last year helped as a catch all for souviners and other "stuff" since the rooms at Pop are on the small side and I have a bad habit of overpacking anyway. Since I'm driving down I requested a room closest to parking in building 8 or 9. I stayed in building 7 last year and want something a little closer to the busses. But now my big dilema will be figuring a schedule so I can fit the Saints/Giants game that Monday night in with the parks. :happytv:

oh I didn't even think of using the other bed:idea:
Back in January I was in the building either the 80s or the 90s with the rubicks cube, most excellent location! one minute away from the bus stop, perfect!
Monday I will be enjoying the extra hours at MK! are you still deciding which parks for each day? are you using a park hopper?

100_6055 by alwaysellen, on Flickr

34 days!
that is a picture of my mom & I on our last night of our vacation in August 2009. We went to Cinderella's castle for dinner and watched Wishes from underneath the Castle. It was amazing!

I am so excited for the two weeks leading up to my vacation. Particularly the few days before!
That Thursday is Thanksgiving, then BLACK FRIDAYY!!!! then my last day at work on Saturday before my vacation
then bright and early SUNDAY! woo! woo!!!!!

I am getting sOoOoO excited!
I have one last project on plagiarism and a project on Disney then finals, thennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

DISNEY!!!!!!
:yay::woohoo::dance3::cool1::cool1::cheer2::cheer2::dance3:

now I just have to get through these next few weeks

I was in the Roger Rabbit building on the top floor, at the end closest go building 8. I just didn't like having to walk across the pool area to ride the elevators after being at the parks all but it was definitely a good location. I may drive to the parks once I move over to Pop.

I haven't even looked over the park schedules yet! :scared1: I need to start working on my spreadsheet since this trip is getting closer...34 days! :banana: Since that Monday will be my last night at the Contemporary I'm sure I'll be at MK for EMH. Don't know if I could ever go to Disney without having a park hopper. We went for 1 day many years ago and had a hopper for that...and that was when there were just 2 parks.

Good luck with the rest of your school work.

I was in the Roger Rabbit building on the top floor, at the end closest go building 8. I just didn't like having to walk across the pool area to ride the elevators after being at the parks all but it was definitely a good location. I may drive to the parks once I move over to Pop.

I haven't even looked over the park schedules yet! :scared1: I need to start working on my spreadsheet since this trip is getting closer...34 days! :banana: Since that Monday will be my last night at the Contemporary I'm sure I'll be at MK for EMH. Don't know if I could ever go to Disney without having a park hopper. We went for 1 day many years ago and had a hopper for that...and that was when there were just 2 parks.

Good luck with the rest of your school work.

ahhh! your trip is getting so
close! I am so jealous that you are staying at the CR! I love that resort:love:

I've done one day with a hopper, and went to AK, EPCOT and MK. I'm thinking about getting the park hopper once I'm on my third day because when I arrive, I know I will only go to MGM my first day because that day will be cut in half because of travel time and I know I will use an entire day at MK and EPCOT.

thanks for the luck! I will need it! four more weeks!!!!

33 days!!!!

in 33 days I will be checking into POP! hoping that my room is ready early!:worship:
I have reservations for 50s Prime Time

100_5898 by alwaysellen, on Flickr
my mom LOVED 50s. She would always order the meatloaf. My mom was a southern girl at heart and loved a good home cooked meal. She loved mashed potatoes and greens. :love:

Even though I'm not a Star Wars fan, I am really excited to ride the new version of star tours.:3dglasses I remember riding that when I was really little.

I STILL have to figure out what I am going to pack. Tomorrow I am going to my aunt's and I am hoping to find mickey mail!!

This morning I had my jogging class and I am finally up to 6.0 on the treadmill. I have my time trial next week for my 1.5 mile. I need to get at least 15 minutes or less to get credit. I have been slacking lately with my workouts:rolleyes1
as you can see from my pictures I could use a lot of working out, but I'm not horribly out of shape. I was a competitive swimmer and have always worked out, it's just the past few months I have been dealing with a lot, obviously.

I just want to look good for all of my disney pictures ;)
...okay, mickey, too :rotfl:

I hope everyone has a wonderful, pixie dust filled day!

It's funny, lots of the things that your mom loved so much, mine did too! Her favorite restaurant was the 50's PTC, and we had to go every trip, which continues, because now it's one of my daughter's favorite. And my mom LOVED the Muppets! Miss Piggy was her favorite. It makes me smile to go there now. :goodvibes

It's funny, lots of the things that your mom loved so much, mine did too! Her favorite restaurant was the 50's PTC, and we had to go every trip, which continues, because now it's one of my daughter's favorite. And my mom LOVED the Muppets! Miss Piggy was her favorite. It makes me smile to go there now. :goodvibes

:goodvibes oh melmar! that was very sweet of you!
what do you share with your daughter when you're at disney?
My mom loved beaker & professor honey dew and keermie *as she liked to say

she was one hoot of a lady:lmao:
I stride to be nearly half has fun loving as she.:hug:

:goodvibes oh melmar! that was very sweet of you!
what do you share with your daughter when you're at disney?
My mom loved beaker & professor honey dew and keermie *as she liked to say

she was one hoot of a lady:lmao:
I stride to be nearly half has fun loving as she.:hug:

We call him Kermie too!

My daughter can be so much like my mom sometimes it isn't funny! And she likes a lot of the same things. She is also a "hotel snob" (from the 1st time we took her to WDW) just as we used to tease my mom about. And when my daughter and I go now, we always have to go to Crystal Palace, as Pooh is her favotire. My mom loved him too.

I bet you already ARE as fun loving as your mom....after all, she taught you how to be! :hug:

Love the pic of you & your Mom at the 50's Prime Time Diner.

It's neat to hear about your workouts, cause I'm trying to lose more weight, too. But I have found a love for Zumba! And that's all I really do. I know I need to do more different types of workouts, but I just go to that. I schedule my classes at Tech around my Zumba! :rotfl: I've lost 33 pounds doing that, but have been at a plateau for about 2 months! :headache:

personally I think you look great, but I get the wanting to look good for mickeything! I HATE almost all of my disney pics from this past year and have started diet..will be a month on friday... it's slow moving, but thats how youre supposed to lose weight correctly..or so they say!

wow.. you're getting so close!!

I've been reading but didn't get to comment! Your trip sounds really great and I'm sorry you couldn't get a character meal. I can't wait for the new Muppets to come out either, it looks like it's going to be fun!

We call him Kermie too!

My daughter can be so much like my mom sometimes it isn't funny! And she likes a lot of the same things. She is also a "hotel snob" (from the 1st time we took her to WDW) just as we used to tease my mom about. And when my daughter and I go now, we always have to go to Crystal Palace, as Pooh is her favotire. My mom loved him too.

I bet you already ARE as fun loving as your mom....after all, she taught you how to be! :hug:

well if I ever have a daughter that is like my mom, it will be her way of saying "I told you I couldn't wait for you to have your OWN daughter:rotfl:"
Thank you for all of your kind responses:hug: too sweet Melmar

Love the pic of you & your Mom at the 50's Prime Time Diner.

It's neat to hear about your workouts, cause I'm trying to lose more weight, too. But I have found a love for Zumba! And that's all I really do. I know I need to do more different types of workouts, but I just go to that. I schedule my classes at Tech around my Zumba! :rotfl: I've lost 33 pounds doing that, but have been at a plateau for about 2 months! :headache:

thanks! I was a competitive swimmer, and I have done as many as three workouts DAILY and been a member of two gyms at the same time. but now time has been fighting with me. I know it only takes only 30 minutes a day, but sometimes I feel like I need ANOTHER 30 minutes a day just to breathe...but then again...the time I'm using on disboards:rolleyes1 hahaha
we have to keep our sanity before we can keep fit, right?:lmao:
I love zumba! I really like another class called turbo kick!
and go you girlfriend for losing that much weight!:woohoo::thumbsup2 you will get to your goal, whatever it may be, anytime! just keep on keeping on!

personally I think you look great, but I get the wanting to look good for mickeything! I HATE almost all of my disney pics from this past year and have started diet..will be a month on friday... it's slow moving, but thats how youre supposed to lose weight correctly..or so they say!

wow.. you're getting so close!!

thanks jenn!!:hug: I appreciate it. we were actually just watching a movie in my media class tonight about advertisements and what culture does to the female body. it was called "killing us softly" very interesting. I feel like I should be able to love my body, but society says I should be x amount sizes smaller. if only we could all be pooh sized and be considered cuddly, lovable and cute:rotfl:

and you look great in your pictures as well!
I am getting excited for my trip!! wahoo!

I've been reading but didn't get to comment! Your trip sounds really great and I'm sorry you couldn't get a character meal. I can't wait for the new Muppets to come out either, it looks like it's going to be fun!

welcome to my PTR!!!:goodvibes
I am bummed a bit that I couldn't get a character meal, but I think the signature will be more worth it, it my stomach!!
and I am excited for the muppets, too!

Just checking in again...love seeing all your pictures with you and your mom. Your plans sound great too!

Oh man that jogging class sounds tough. Haha I'm so not a runner so I give you tons of credit!!! Keep up the awesome job!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter