My ** Memories of Ma **Pre-Trip Report

I did Cape May for breakfast and I loved it! It was so fresh and bright. And I loved the characters attire:goodvibes

where else are you and your daughter eating?

We loved Cape May, especially the character interactions. It wasn't rushed at all. Most characters even came around twice!

The only other character meal I know for sure we want to do is Donald's breakfast at Animal Kingdom (can't think of the real name of it right now). But I've got to figure out which days we're going to do each park before I can schedule that one. And I know I want to eat at Boma since we're staying at AKL the first 3 nights.

We loved Cape May, especially the character interactions. It wasn't rushed at all. Most characters even came around twice!

The only other character meal I know for sure we want to do is Donald's breakfast at Animal Kingdom (can't think of the real name of it right now). But I've got to figure out which days we're going to do each park before I can schedule that one. And I know I want to eat at Boma since we're staying at AKL the first 3 nights.

I saw that you will be staying at AKL! I am so excited for you! I would love to stay at a lot of the deluxe resorts!

I want to try Boma, but I think that may be for another trip down the way.
Are you and your daughter doing any sort of counting down activities?

40 DAYS!
ladies & gentlemen
40 days!
ahhhh!
tomorrow means my countdown is in the 30s!!!!!!!!

So as I have been mentioning, I think I am going to CANCEL Narcoossee's and reserve Kona and possibly a character breakfast for one of my mornings, probably my EPCOT day because I really liked Cape May OR 1900 because who can't start a MK day without characters?!

100_5926 by alwaysellen, on Flickr

100_5925 by alwaysellen, on Flickr

like mother, like daughter! notice how we were color coordinated ;)

that is one reason I want to go to Kona. Another, their duck potstickers!!!!! pot stickers are by far my favorite!! Even the horrible mess hall on campus served pot stickers yesterday and my roommate saw the wrath of Ellen's appetite :rotfl:

okay, so I am going to check Disney reservations, I am not going to lie I absolutely love searching reservations. It makes me so happy, I think I may have a problem :lmao: but you all understand:goodvibes

Okay,
I think I waited too long to decide to go to a character breakfast
the only ones that are available are Cape May and Hollywood & Vine at weird times.

oh well, I will take that as a sign to enjoy Narcoossee's :goodvibes

I'm going to try to watch Holiday Wishes from Poly beach the night of the November 29th

Have you tried calling to make dining ressies? I've made and changes dining reservations the past month. I had dinner at 1900 Park Fare for the day I arrived and ended up cancelling because I wanted to do the dining reservation for the Candlelight processional at Epcot. I didn't make ANY at all last year so I wanted to get a few in while I'm there. Good luck with the rest of your reservations.

I saw that you will be staying at AKL! I am so excited for you! I would love to stay at a lot of the deluxe resorts!

I want to try Boma, but I think that may be for another trip down the way.
Are you and your daughter doing any sort of counting down activities?

I haven't had much time to do any countdown stuff but would love to, if I could find an idea of something I could do that doesn't require much crafty-ness!!:rotfl:

40 DAYS!
ladies & gentlemen
40 days!
ahhhh!
tomorrow means my countdown is in the 30s!!!!!!!!

So as I have been mentioning, I think I am going to CANCEL Narcoossee's and reserve Kona and possibly a character breakfast for one of my mornings, probably my EPCOT day because I really liked Cape May OR 1900 because who can't start a MK day without characters?!

100_5926 by alwaysellen, on Flickr

100_5925 by alwaysellen, on Flickr

like mother, like daughter! notice how we were color coordinated ;)

that is one reason I want to go to Kona. Another, their duck potstickers!!!!! pot stickers are by far my favorite!! Even the horrible mess hall on campus served pot stickers yesterday and my roommate saw the wrath of Ellen's appetite :rotfl:

okay, so I am going to check Disney reservations, I am not going to lie I absolutely love searching reservations. It makes me so happy, I think I may have a problem :lmao: but you all understand:goodvibes

You & your Mom remind me of my DD & I. We do lots of color coordination on our trips (She mostly tells me what I should buy or wear that matches her, since she's the fashionable one!) :lmao:

I love you & your Mom's silliness! We make sure to have lots of silly times while on our trips!

And I have a crazy question: What is a pot sticker?????????

Have you tried calling to make dining ressies? I've made and changes dining reservations the past month. I had dinner at 1900 Park Fare for the day I arrived and ended up cancelling because I wanted to do the dining reservation for the Candlelight processional at Epcot. I didn't make ANY at all last year so I wanted to get a few in while I'm there. Good luck with the rest of your reservations.

no, but I just may call. I love hearing the pixie dust :goodvibes it makes all the reservations all that more real! What day are you seeing the Candlelight Processional? My mom really really wanted to do that, but I don't know how I feel about sitting for that alone.
When are you going lulubel?

I haven't had much time to do any countdown stuff but would love to, if I could find an idea of something I could do that doesn't require much crafty-ness!!:rotfl:

You & your Mom remind me of my DD & I. We do lots of color coordination on our trips (She mostly tells me what I should buy or wear that matches her, since she's the fashionable one!) :lmao:

I love you & your Mom's silliness! We make sure to have lots of silly times while on our trips!

And I have a crazy question: What is a pot sticker?????????

I've seen people who have done movies for countdowns, pictures or brought out little things that remind them of their disney trips. I'm still trying to figure out what I will do. The cool thing about my timing is the Thursday before is Thanksgiving, then BLACK FRIDAY!!! then Saturday then I leave early Sunday:goodvibes

I'm glad you are reminded of your own relationship with the one I had with my mom. My mom has been the only one who accepted my silliness. She encouraged it and that's where I learned nearly all of my quirks:rotfl: mother knows best!

and that is not a crazy question! that is very serious because you are missing out!!!! Basically a pot sticker is dough steamed or fried with meat in it. Kona Cafe has by far the BEST pot stickers with duck in them. BUt more chinese places have pork or chicken in them. I prefer mine steamed. YUM! with soy sauce :worship:

Good morning!!!
I have 39 days left!!!!! Wooooooooo!!!!!

Today I work the AM shift. I just found out I work six days next week and the only day off I have is the one I have class until ten pm :( don't get me wrong, I see $ signs, but I don't see much zZzZzZ or fun next week in my agenda.
I guess next week will be $s for Disney!

Tonight I have a date! Ah! I was with one guy *co-worker- I thought I had learned my lesson the past three jobs but noooooooooooo. Should have listened to mom.* since my mom passed away. I told him I was emotionally unstable and not ready to be responsible for someone else's emotions but he was persistent. And now he makes work hard by being immature and difficult. Anyway, he was also broke, couldn't drive and didn't go to school. Not saying you need those, but since I have myself at a certain level, I expect someone I date to be so, too.
So anyway! This date is with a friend of a friend and we met Saturday night and we've talked a bit since. I know this isn't Disney trip related but I figured I'd add it in so you all can really be with me until my actual trip!

Okay, off to work I go!
Next up- calling disney dining! Determined to get a character meal! :)

Hey there! :wave2:

Subbing into your PTR. Your story is so touching. I can't imagine what it would be like to lose my mom. My heart goes out to you in that aspect. You are such a strong woman to be so good about it and celebrating the good. Good for you :goodvibes

Can't wait to read more! popcorn::

Looks like we'll be checking in at the same time, I'm going 11/27 thru 12/3. Spending my first 2 nights at CR as a treat to myself then 4 at Pop. I'm doing the Candlelight Processional that Friday since World Showcase will be open late. I wanted to do it last year but was afraid I would be crying my eyes out...still kinda worried it'll happen.

oh snap! you go girl!

and I may get flamed, but yes you DO need those things. you want to date someone responsible, not a child! good for you for setting standards!

woo hoo for being under 40 days!

Hey there! :wave2:

Subbing into your PTR. Your story is so touching. I can't imagine what it would be like to lose my mom. My heart goes out to you in that aspect. You are such a strong woman to be so good about it and celebrating the good. Good for you :goodvibes

Can't wait to read more! popcorn::
Welcome to my PTR! :hug: thank you for your kind words. I hope you enjoy my report and include any or all of your opinions! they are entirely welcomed:goodvibes

Looks like we'll be checking in at the same time, I'm going 11/27 thru 12/3. Spending my first 2 nights at CR as a treat to myself then 4 at Pop. I'm doing the Candlelight Processional that Friday since World Showcase will be open late. I wanted to do it last year but was afraid I would be crying my eyes out...still kinda worried it'll happen.
Oh how fun! Are you going solo? I will be at MGM sunday, MK monday, AK tuesday, EPCOT wednesday and mik for thursday. and don't worry, I cry my eyes out at the American Adventure and Hall of Presidents, so I KNOW I would cry my eyes out at the Processional. Christmas, in Disney?! what wouldn't make me tear up over that?!

oh snap! you go girl!

and I may get flamed, but yes you DO need those things. you want to date someone responsible, not a child! good for you for setting standards!

woo hoo for being under 40 days!
Thank you:goodvibes
as you'll read in my next post, last night didn't go over very well. My dream boyfriend would be one that I would share Disney with. Or at least force to go with me on trips:rotfl:
how are things over on your side of the love pond? I absolutely LOVE your story. I need to hop on over to your TR and catch up!

Today is 38 days until Disney
but
It has also been 8 months since my mom passed away.
Yesterday after work I went over to my aunt's to do laundry and check my mail hoping for my ME tags and Disney packet
what I found was an invitation from the hospital my mom passed away at to attend their candle light remembrance for those who have passed away this year. I immediately burst into tears. Usually I hide my tears, ignore my depressed feelings and swallow all of the pain but yesterday it all came out.
I told my date that I had to stay late at work and he was disappointed, understandably so. But I couldn't tell him that I was an emotional disaster before we had one date, you know?

We probably won't go on a date. But that is completely fine. I find my life already overwhelming with the things I need to do.

So I stayed at my aunt's and we watched Survivor (like we usually do)
and we talked about my trip and school.
I came back to my dorm and outside of my room is the lobby area. All of the girls really like me. I'm nearly three years older than most because we are on a transfer floor and they were really receptive and sweet to listen to me. Which I am sure blew their minds. I'm known for my bubbly character, smile across my face and my obnoxious laughter. Not mascara stained cheeks and swollen eye lids.
but everyone is human. this is what I have been realizing more and more of myself. I felt like my mom gave me super powers when she was alive. Nothing really embarrassed me or shook me. Now I can feel my face turn bright red when my name is called in class. Who am I? I don't blush!

The Chicago weather doesn't help much, either. This awful, cold weather just puts a damper on everything. I didn't even go to my first class today. Which is a total no-no for me.

I have never needed a trip so badly in my life. 38 days.

just 38 days.

*sorry if you read this and think, "what is this girl going on about? this is not about disney!"
I am sorry. I guess my PTR is turning into a sort of "how Disney may be saving my spirit" and in a not at all religious way, but how my mom used to say she had the faith of a child. I just feel as if I have no faith at all.
I need the pixie dust. I need the smile of a child. I need the fudge from the confectionary on Main St. I need a hug from Mickey Mouse. I need to hear the monorail spiel en espanol. I need to know that my mother's happiness is still inside of me.

I need it.

Please don't be sorry, sweetheart! :grouphug:

I wish there was something that I could do or say to help but I know there really isn't anything that can help except for time....it will get better....and you will feel better and things will get easier....all with more time.....

:love:

And yes the weather here does S U C K! I am considering a tanning session....and I have never done that before! :scared1:

Hang in there, sista!

Joining in. I am so sorry to hear about your mother. I lost my father this past April. Our last trip to Disney World/Cruise was August 2010. I am so glad I was able to spend that time with him. I cry all the time as well. I miss him terribly.

Can't wait to read more as your trip approaches.

Sorry to hear about your day yesterday. After my sister passed last August, I gave myself time to grieve and feel sorry for ME until the new year. As much as I can't stand feeling like that it was something I felt would help and it did. I did have a hard time this past August...no only did my sister pass in August but so did my parents, different years of course. What really sucked was meeting my new boss for a one on one meeting and it was hard not to lose it in front of her when she asked about my family. Talk about a good first impression!! We all have to handle grief the best way we can and from reading your posts you're doing a heck of a job.

PS I haven't figured out my park schedule yet. I'm thinking of playing that by ear for a change since every other Disney trip I feel like I over plan. :laughing:

Please don't be sorry, sweetheart! :grouphug:

I wish there was something that I could do or say to help but I know there really isn't anything that can help except for time....it will get better....and you will feel better and things will get easier....all with more time.....

:love:

And yes the weather here does S U C K! I am considering a tanning session....and I have never done that before! :scared1:

Hang in there, sista!

Oh TinkerChelle you read my mind with the tanning session! I tan sometimes, but the risks of tanning scare me a lot, so I trrrrrry not to take a lot. Plus my mom had glowing skin because she never tanned. She got more compliments for her skin than anything else.

I appreciate your kind words:hug: the thing about time, it's all about days. some are wonderful that I am thankful for, others are lesser that consume my day with pain. but those lesser days make the better ones all the more enjoyable.

Joining in. I am so sorry to hear about your mother. I lost my father this past April. Our last trip to Disney World/Cruise was August 2010. I am so glad I was able to spend that time with him. I cry all the time as well. I miss him terribly.

Can't wait to read more as your trip approaches.

I am so sorry about your loss:hug: I am glad you were able to share your love of Disney together. And crying is therapeutic, and I am a virtual shoulder to lean on:hug:

And, welcome to my PTR! I hope you do enjoy my plans and journey throughout the next month:goodvibes

Sorry to hear about your day yesterday. After my sister passed last August, I gave myself time to grieve and feel sorry for ME until the new year. As much as I can't stand feeling like that it was something I felt would help and it did. I did have a hard time this past August...no only did my sister pass in August but so did my parents, different years of course. What really sucked was meeting my new boss for a one on one meeting and it was hard not to lose it in front of her when she asked about my family. Talk about a good first impression!! We all have to handle grief the best way we can and from reading your posts you're doing a heck of a job.

PS I haven't figured out my park schedule yet. I'm thinking of playing that by ear for a change since every other Disney trip I feel like I over plan. :laughing:

I am so so sorry for your losses. I had several interviews within weeks after my mom's passing. I totally understand what you mean about holding it all in and trying to make a good impression. I really thought my manager was going to rip my head off Wednesday--we have this guest that stays with us a lot and I really like him, good guy. Well he was showing me his tattoos and he asked if I had any. I only have two but one on my back is a huge tattoo of the Virgin of Guadalupe. My mom was Catholic and she always liked those Latin/religion stickers that you find in little restaurants, she collected them. When it is finished it will cover the majority of my back and on the bottom it will read "I am my mother's daughter" anyway, I turned around and leaned back so he could see the top of it near the collar of my blazer. My manager saw me and I thought he was going to freak out! But he didn't, thankfully!:rotfl::worship:

That's kind of how I feel about this trip, I feel like a lot of people are going to ask me why I am going solo, and I feel as if this trip is a way for me to share my mom's life around the world--be it Disney World.

WOW.. What an amazing 22 year old you are.. Your mom, I know is looking down on you and beaming with pride.. It is kind of funny (well not really funny) how when someone passes, inevitably, people in your life that you may not have been that close to before, your relationship changes.. that happened with my mom and I went my dad died.. My mom and i never saw eye to eye.. my dad and I had a better relationship.. once he passed, we both kind of realized that we needed each other..
I give you so much credit.. school, work, going on a solo Disney vacation.. At 22 I know for sure, I wasn't close to doing any of those things..
Do you know that you can see Wishes from Narcosses? I love it there.. I would keep all your signatures, after all, you want to get your money's worth.. Did you try Askerous? I haven't been but I heard its good food and good interaction with the princesses.. another thing to think about is just walking up.. I mean, your solo, I am sure they could fit you in.. Can't wait to hear more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter