• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My little Rant about PTN

krinicone

Mouseketeer
After 15 years, I finally plan a trip to go back to Disneyland only to find that not only are many attractions closed but they've also taken away several of their nighttime entertainments! I understand Star Wars land is being built, but that has nothing to do with the parade! Now, they are bringing Paint the Night back for just 10 days during the week of Thanksgiving?! Why is Disneyland being so stingy with this parade? It's like they took the parade away just for my vacation, why?! (I know they really didn't, I'm just being dramatic). But still, I will never stop being mad about this! Sorry, but I needed to get this out somewhere, there have to be other people who are just as frustrated about this as me.

I know I would be very disappointed if I was you. But the parade has actually been gone since right after Labor Day.

There's really no logical reason they aren't starting this the weekend prior, which will have a race, a Federal Holiday and the start of the Holiday season. That leads me to believe there's some sort of logistical reason. Maybe they are refurbishing it and it won't be ready yet? Who knows.

That said, I'm sorry you are missing it. :hug:

Yes, thank you, it is sad. I am just so bummed bc we started planning this trip back in April and I really thought they would not stop doing the parade, especially since they've got so much construction going on and fantasmic isn't showing either! But we still have mickeys soundsational parade to look forward to, actually that's the only parade and there's WOC. Oh and fireworks on 1 night of our trip if they're not cancelled do to wind. But I won't get my hopes up, I hear they get cancelled frequently.

Feeling your pain. Nothing's worse than knowing Disney starts up something cool right after you leave. They did that to me last year with Season of the Force. It does seem at times they're being more stingy than doing these things for logistical reasons. But hang in there. It'll still be a fun trip, right?!?!?

Idk why I actually thought they would have fireworks every night, silly me.

When are you going to be there? Once the holiday season starts on 11/10, they do start doing daily fireworks again. But yes, in the "off season" (if that even exists any more) they do cut back to weekends only.

When are you going to be there? Once the holiday season starts on 11/10, they do start doing daily fireworks again. But yes, in the "off season" (if that even exists any more) they do cut back to weekends only.

We are going nov 1-5. So too late for Halloween parties, but too early for Christmas, our logic was that there should be lower crowds during this time, but turns out there are more ride closures for "holiday overlays" which I didn't find out til recently and less entertainment. Like, did we pick a bad time to go, or what? Don't get me wrong, I'm still super excited about going! I just wish I had known what all would be closed when we initially were planning our trip, too late now.

We are going nov 1-5. So too late for Halloween parties, but too early for Christmas, our logic was that there should be lower crowds during this time, but turns out there are more ride closures for "holiday overlays" which I didn't find out til recently and less entertainment. Like, did we pick a bad time to go, or what? Don't get me wrong, I'm still super excited about going! I just wish I had known what all would be closed when we initially were planning our trip, too late now.

You should at least have "Fantasy in the Sky" fireworks on the 4th and 5th. It's a shorter show, but it's something.

I hope you do hit some lower crowds. That's worth a lot.

You should at least have "Fantasy in the Sky" fireworks on the 4th and 5th. It's a shorter show, but it's something.

I hope you do hit some lower crowds. That's worth a lot.

I hope so too, we leave on the 5th, so we will only have one opportunity to see fireworks, better than nothing I guess!

I'll be there the same time period (Nov. 3-6). Trying to be positive and just be happy to be at Disney, but it was kind of kicker when they took away PTN and Disneyland Forever. On the bright side it made the choice between WOC dessert party or PTN dining package, really easy!

We're bummed too - we made our plans expecting we would NOT see PTN, so I can't say I'm surprised or even disappointed, but I hope after they refurb it they get back to a regular schedule with it. Incidentally we made the choice of 11/2-5 vs 9-12 due to possibility of very high race/holiday season/veterans day crowds, and only IASW and jungle cruise are closed so I think it will be worth it!

Isn't that fall dapper day week as well?

I completely understand, I'd be disappointed as well. I actually cancelled a trip I had planned months ago and luckily kept the reservation. So when I heard PTN was coming back it completely solidified my need to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter