• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My lists are long, my husband is out of town, and my kids don't care

Extra trash bags are usually in the bottom of the trash can.

With West Nile Virus going around so badly this year, you probably do want something to keep the mosquitos off.

Extra trash bags are usually in the bottom of the trash can.

With West Nile Virus going around so badly this year, you probably do want something to keep the mosquitos off.

Have there been some cases?

::yes:: DH travels to Africa and takes pills for Malaria, he should be covered. :laughing: I'm imagining him fine in Africa and then it's an Orlando mosquito that gets him. :rotfl2: Not funny but kind of funny.

Bug spray is a must.

You guys have helped so much and its very appreciated. :goodvibes

Have there been some cases?

::yes:: DH travels to Africa and takes pills for Malaria, he should be covered. :laughing: I'm imagining him fine in Africa and then it's an Orlando mosquito that gets him. :rotfl2: Not funny but kind of funny.

Bug spray is a must.

You guys have helped so much and its very appreciated. :goodvibes

Well, Florida has only had 19 cases and no deaths reported this year. Louisiana where I live has had 73 cases and six deaths so far this year. Georgia 22 cases, three deaths.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvbid/westnile/surv&controlCaseCount12_detailed.htm

From the map Orlando looks okay.

I was just listening to the DL podcast, and they were talking about tri tip. They were describing it as more of a west coast thing, so you might have to give your PDS some additional direction.

Oh, and we drive, and we ADORE our OL. We drink plain water, but we have an in-fridge filter at home, so we use a Britta pitcher on vacation. One lives in the OL.

Your PDS might be able to get matches, although you'll end up with 8 or so boxes! The light the bag charcoal fits nicely in the grills.

Have a great trip!

Well, Florida has only had 19 cases and no deaths reported this year. Louisiana where I live has had 73 cases and six deaths so far this year. Georgia 22 cases, three deaths.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvbid/westnile/surv&controlCaseCount12_detailed.htm

From the map Orlando looks okay.

That's terrible. I'm not very familiar with West Nile other than its mode of transmission.

I was just listening to the DL podcast, and they were talking about tri tip. They were describing it as more of a west coast thing, so you might have to give your PDS some additional direction.

Oh, and we drive, and we ADORE our OL. We drink plain water, but we have an in-fridge filter at home, so we use a Britta pitcher on vacation. One lives in the OL.

Your PDS might be able to get matches, although you'll end up with 8 or so boxes! The light the bag charcoal fits nicely in the grills.

Have a great trip!

Thanks! Im going to get the easiet charcoal available. Wonder if I can pack matches in my checked luggage? We don't need 8 boxes. :rotfl: In fact we'll need about 4 matches total.

HEY Jenny! I love your list (s)! We leave in 9 days for the big trip and my lists look so disorganized compared to yours and I'm so glad you posted it. In fact I've added to my list because I forgot so many things! Especially the baggies and containers! With 10 of us, there is going to be a big need for those types of things! My parents are driving so they are taking a few things for me for my OL. We decided to do the OL this year since we know we keep returning every year. It just makes it so much easier!

I haven't been around too much on the boards, I'll have to pop over to your TL and check it out!

A small point on the Guinness.

Most stores will sell Extra Stout in a bottle and Draught in the can (and sometimes a bottle). If you have a preference for Stout or Draught you may want to let them know.

Also, with the new, and not particularly good tasting Guinness Black Lager on the market, being more specific would help. I wouldn't be happy returning to the Villa to find my Guinness was the Black Lager!!!!

Have fun!!!

HEY Jenny! I love your list (s)! We leave in 9 days for the big trip and my lists look so disorganized compared to yours and I'm so glad you posted it. In fact I've added to my list because I forgot so many things! Especially the baggies and containers! With 10 of us, there is going to be a big need for those types of things! My parents are driving so they are taking a few things for me for my OL. We decided to do the OL this year since we know we keep returning every year. It just makes it so much easier!

I haven't been around too much on the boards, I'll have to pop over to your TL and check it out!

Your trip is so close! Whatever happened with all of the planning? Did you ever get input? I can't wait to read all about it!

So glad my lists helped you. :goodvibes I posted them realizing I look off my rocker but am grateful for the help and that they assisted someone else. :thumbsup2

A small point on the Guinness.

Most stores will sell Extra Stout in a bottle and Draught in the can (and sometimes a bottle). If you have a preference for Stout or Draught you may want to let them know.

Also, with the new, and not particularly good tasting Guinness Black Lager on the market, being more specific would help. I wouldn't be happy returning to the Villa to find my Guinness was the Black Lager!!!!

Have fun!!!

:thanks: I double checked and its the order says: Guinness Draught Stout Cans. It's not the new Black Lager. :thumbsup2

I keep saying it but I really appreciate all of the feedback. With 38 days to go and having to solidfy my orders soon, this is great. :goodvibes

Your trip is so close! Whatever happened with all of the planning? Did you ever get input? I can't wait to read all about it!

So glad my lists helped you. :goodvibes I posted them realizing I look off my rocker but am grateful for the help and that they assisted someone else. :thumbsup2

It is so close, I can't believe it! It's funny, I've done all of the planning, did my newsletters each month, sent group emails for inputs and NOW....8 days before vacation, the questions and comments are coming in in droves! It's a bit frustrating actually but I've kept my cool, put my smile on and just chalked it up. I can send you copies of my newsletters if you want, you can pm me your email address and I'll send you them tonight.

There has been a slight change to the plan however, my dad has decided to go at the last minute and thankfully, I had done an add-on literally days before he decided to go so I got him and my mom their own studio. It will actually work out better as now there will be no one in the living room on sleeper sofa. The other change is that now that Dad is going, Mom and Dad are driving instead of Mom flying which also worked out nicely as they are taking my stuff for the OL.

It is so close, I can't believe it! It's funny, I've done all of the planning, did my newsletters each month, sent group emails for inputs and NOW....8 days before vacation, the questions and comments are coming in in droves! It's a bit frustrating actually but I've kept my cool, put my smile on and just chalked it up. I can send you copies of my newsletters if you want, you can pm me your email address and I'll send you them tonight.

I would love to see the newsletters. You're amaizng for doing all of that work. People are funny.... week out and now they need all the info. :rotfl2: I'll PM you.

There has been a slight change to the plan however, my dad has decided to go at the last minute and thankfully, I had done an add-on literally days before he decided to go so I got him and my mom their own studio. It will actually work out better as now there will be no one in the living room on sleeper sofa. The other change is that now that Dad is going, Mom and Dad are driving instead of Mom flying which also worked out nicely as they are taking my stuff for the OL.

Great thinking. :thumbsup2 I love when no one is on the sleeper sofa. I hate tip toeing around as to not wake anyone up. Glad your dad is able to join you all.

You are going to have so much fun and I can't wait to hear all of the details.

:goodvibesI didn't read through all the responses, so maybe its in there somewhere. I see you listed bleach, what about laundry detergent!
Whew, you must be exhausted just thinking about all this stuff!
Try to enjoy some downtime in between the packing, unpacking, cooking, cleaning and organizing - it is vacation after all:goodvibes

:goodvibesI didn't read through all the responses, so maybe its in there somewhere. I see you listed bleach, what about laundry detergent!
Whew, you must be exhausted just thinking about all this stuff!
Try to enjoy some downtime in between the packing, unpacking, cooking, cleaning and organizing - it is vacation after all:goodvibes

:goodvibes I have those 3-1 sheets for the laundry. I've never used them and imagine their expensive but it's vacation after all. :rotfl:

The pre-planning actually relaxes me. It's takes me about 2 seconds after checking in at the airport to disengage from reality. I'm lucky that way. I can go 90 mph here but once it's vacation, it's vacation. I won't check email, pay bills, nothing. I will have my cell for pics and maybe the line app but that's it. :thumbsup2

I don't think we're cooking all that much, mostly breakfast. We're grilling dinner once, lunch once, and I've got stuff for pasta just in case. Three teens and a tween will gobble it all down, I'm sure.

Maybe I should post my daily itinerary so I look less nuts? :p

Thanks everyone. My GG list is final and paid for. I got a quote from PDS and it looks great. I can or take away add any last minute items to either list. PDS says up until the day of. :woohoo:

I appreciate all of the input and help. It's going to be a great trip. And with all this food, a full trip too.

DD's bat mitzvah cake should be cute. It'll be from Publix so I'll post a pic when we return.

I'm going to shop today for the non perishables and get that bag done.

:thanks: again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter