My lists are long, my husband is out of town, and my kids don't care

Also pack a flashlight for grilling at the THV. The path lights are on the opposite side from the grill, and it's really difficult to see when things are done if you're cooking after dark.

flour tortillas are listed under both the Bring list and the PDS list.

It sounds like you will have a great trip!

Also pack a flashlight for grilling at the THV. The path lights are on the opposite side from the grill, and it's really difficult to see when things are done if you're cooking after dark.

:thumbsup2 Great idea. We aren't planning on grilling after dark, I don't think. What time is sunset in mid October? I'm sure the kids will want a flashlight for exploring anyway. as you can tell, we're elated to be staying there.

flour tortillas are listed under both the Bring list and the PDS list.

It sounds like you will have a great trip!

Good catch. :thanks: And I'm just spacey enough to buy and pack them. :hyper: They're going on the buy list. It's been over three years since we've been to the World and this is our first trip to our official *home*. We're planning on a fair amount of resort time and while we can always eat at CS's, I like the comforts of home.

Never mind the theme parks, can we come over to your place for grub?:):)

That's a terrific inventory of victuals, but you had me at Guinness:cool1:

I see cookie dough! Yes! Hot cookies from the oven sounds like a great Disney treat. There is a sheet pan in the DVC kitchens, but not a cooling rack. If you have room in your kitchen suitcase, you may want to pack a small one. Also, pans aren't non-stick. You've got butter and oil on your list, but you may want to consider some Pam too.

Sugar?

I'm trying to think what we'd need sugar for but I'm sure I'll know the second we arrive.

Nonstick spray is a good idea too for eggs etc....

I read a report where they baked cookies at night. Loved it. It's not uncommon for me and DS to leave the parks a little earlier than everyone else. I'd love to pop some dough in the oven and fresh cookies for when they get back.

Never mind the theme parks, can we come over to your place for grub?:):)

That's a terrific inventory of victuals, but you had me at Guinness:cool1:

party: The more the merrier. :thumbsup2

I think we'll have a good mix of park and relax time.

I'm trying to think what we'd need sugar for but I'm sure I'll know the second we arrive.
Your coffee was what made me think of it. For us, we always need to be sure we have a good supply of Sweet 'n Low, because it's so difficult to find at WDW. Not just for the room, but also to take with us to parks and restaurants.

Your coffee was what made me think of it. For us, we always need to be sure we have a good supply of Sweet 'n Low, because it's so difficult to find at WDW. Not just for the room, but also to take with us to parks and restaurants.

Smart. I'm thinking, I can't think of anything I put sugar in/on other than a recipe. I don't think DH does either but it's a good idea. The kids wanted me to add oatmeal and they like a little sugar on it.

My list keeps growing........

Smart. I'm thinking, I can't think of anything I put sugar in/on other than a recipe. I don't think DH does either but it's a good idea. The kids wanted me to add oatmeal and they like a little sugar on it.

My list keeps growing........

Ah, but then you need BROWN SUGAR, not just sugar. ;)

I see pasta but do you have what you need for sauce? Also garlic bread with pasta dinner ?

I see pasta but do you have what you need for sauce? Also garlic bread with pasta dinner ?

I'm going to bring DH's homemade sauce but you did remind me, I need some fresh grated Parmesan. :thumbsup2 And as far as bread, I'm not sure when we'll be eating it so I'm afraid to get fresh French bread and make garlic bread so I was going to get refrigerated breadsticks, bake and serve. We can church them up with the cheese and some spices.

Adding the cheese. :)

I am in a THV now.

No plastic storage containers, and I was counting on them.
No Hot Pads!!! Since we too are doing a lot of cooking and we only live 45 minutes away I had packed a nice heavy set to have extras. Very glad I did. I am sure you could request some, but very inconvenient to realize they are not here if you need them NOW.
Very nice grilling utensils.
Pitcher is small 1 quart size, and serving only. No lid on it to keep in frig.
I assumed there would be additional trash and recycle bags in the trash containers. There were not and did not realize until I needed them. You may want to check your villa as soon as you arrive. The size of your group will be generating quite a bit of trash.

We are here until Sunday, so just ask if you have specific questions.

Laura

I am in a THV now.

No plastic storage containers, and I was counting on them.
No Hot Pads!!! Since we too are doing a lot of cooking and we only live 45 minutes away I had packed a nice heavy set to have extras. Very glad I did. I am sure you could request some, but very inconvenient to realize they are not here if you need them NOW.
Very nice grilling utensils.
Pitcher is small 1 quart size, and serving only. No lid on it to keep in frig.
I assumed there would be additional trash and recycle bags in the trash containers. There were not and did not realize until I needed them. You may want to check your villa as soon as you arrive. The size of your group will be generating quite a bit of trash.

We are here until Sunday, so just ask if you have specific questions.

Laura

Thank you for posting Laura. This is all very helpful. no hot pads? That's weird. I'll definitely add one of those. My kids like to make nachos, in the oven and we'll also need them to pull out cookies. I guess we could use a dish towel but I don't want to scorch them.

No lid on the pitcher? I was thinking about frozen juices from concentrate but I won't now :thanks:

Is d supposed to supply the trash bags or is that something I'm supposed to bring? I thought I read they are. Did you call? Did they bring them?

I will defiantly check all the supplies once we check in. You're right, it's not a big deal until you need them. And with 6 of us, I'm sure we'll fill two bins a day.

No containers either? Good to know. I might be able to squeeze a disposable one onto my luggage. It seems my fridge is always filled with plastic containers. :laughing:

Have a great time and thank you for posting. :goodvibes How are you liking the villa? If you don't have a car, how's the transportation?

Might need mosquito/bug repellent if grilling at THV, the rain has re-generated the mosquito population!

BEASLYBOO said:
Might need mosquito/bug repellent if grilling at THV, the rain has re-generated the mosquito population!

Good idea. Has it been raining a lot? Is October really rainy? It rained daily when we went in September 2007. It was kind of nice to have that little cool down but it was so muggy after. I'm hoping for a little less humidity in October.

I'm beginning to see why people use those owner locker services.

Good idea. Has it been raining a lot? .

It's the 1st summer in many years without a drought and Isaac gave us quite a bit of rain. Late October is the breaking point, it can go either way, still warm or wonderfully cool. I always pray for a bit cooler after the long hot summer!

. I'm beginning to see why people use those owner locker services.
We're 2 1/2 hours from Disney, generally stay 4 days and by the looks of it, you would think we're staying a month! But as I say to my son, I like to be prepared & organized and have what I need!

I often have 4-5 15 year old boys with me (only one is mine), I bring my crockpot from time to time because goodness, they can eat above and beyond the snacking!

I think the owners locker is a fantastic thing for those who come by plane!

rentayenta said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by BirdsOfPreyDave

You mention you're staying in a THV. Your tree house will have it's own BBQ grill. Do you plan to use it? Other than hotdogs & brats, I don't see a lot of BBQ-type foods. (No steak night?) Also, charcoal, lighter fluid, and matches if you do plan to grill.

I see the mini marshmallows, presumably for the hot chocolate. If I've talked you into lighting off a BBQ grill though, you may want some big ones too.

I see cookie dough! Yes! Hot cookies from the oven sounds like a great Disney treat. There is a sheet pan in the DVC kitchens, but not a cooling rack. If you have room in your kitchen suitcase, you may want to pack a small one. Also, pans aren't non-stick. You've got butter and oil on your list, but you may want to consider some Pam too.

Sugar?

Yes! Charcoal. We are grilling the tri tip prior to MNSSHP! Good eye. Thank you! Which means we'll need matches. Can I pack matches in my check in luggage? I know I can't carry them on.

Big marshmallows mean graham crackers and chocolate bars too. I like your thinking. Excellent.

Do the AKV grills need charcoal too? Wondering how big of a bag to get?

Just an idea but instead of chocolate bars and graham crackers we buy the chocolate covered graham crackers! saves a step.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Just an idea but instead of chocolate bars and graham crackers we buy the chocolate covered graham crackers! saves a step.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

I didn't know there was such a thing. :thumbsup2 Love it! Thank you.

We're 2 1/2 hours from Disney, generally stay 4 days and by the looks of it, you would think we're staying a month! But as I say to my son, I like to be prepared & organized and have what I need!

I often have 4-5 15 year old boys with me (only one is mine), I bring my crockpot from time to time because goodness, they can eat above and beyond the snacking!

I think the owners locker is a fantastic thing for those who come by plane!

That's a lot of teenage boys! You'd have to pack a ton. I imagine a loaf of bread lasts only one lunch.

If we visited yearly I would rent an owners locker but with trips every other or even other third year, it just wouldn't be worth it but I agree and if we went more often, I'd be all over it.

You sound like me. :laughing: My lists make it look like we're staying for a month instead of 10 nights, 11 if you count arrival night at AoA. But like you, I want to be prepared and find it relaxing to have the comforts of home while away. All the comforts without the stress. :cloud9:

The crock pot is a good idea too. I think that PDS can rent those. I know she does Keurigs.

It's the 1st summer in many years without a drought and Isaac gave us quite a bit of rain. Late October is the breaking point, it can go either way, still warm or wonderfully cool. I always pray for a bit cooler after the long hot summer!

I'm hoping for a little bit cooler weather. It should be July hot so we'll be okay. Glad you got some rain and hope there wasn't too much destruction from Isaac.

I think I'll pack this with toiletries. I already had it on my list. That makes 5 lists total just for food and packing. :blush:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts