My husband has liver cancer. *HE PASSED AWAY :( POST182* / Photo Slideshow POST 452

Please know that I am thinking and praying for you and your children. So sorry to hear of your dear husband's passing. God Bless.

So sudden. I was hopeful for your DH. I am sorry. :hug: I will keep you and the children in my thoughts and prayers.

Deb, this is heartbreaking.

i grieve with you and your family.

sending hugs to you and the children.

all of you are in my prayers.

I'm so sorry for your loss. This is the 2nd heart breaking story on the Dis this week due to cancer. It breaks my heart just imagining what you and your family are dealing with. :sad1:

I am SOOO terribly sorry for the loss of your husband. You will be in my prayers. :hug:

My sincerest condolences on the loss of your dear husband and your children's devoted father. You will all be in my prayers.

Im so sorry. May you and your family find strength and comfort to guide you through this. My prayers go out to your family.

I am so very sorry for your loss. It is heartbreaking. I lost my husband to pancreatic cancer three years ago, so I do understand what you are going through. You and your children are in my thoughts. :hug:

I am so sorry Deb. My prayers are with you and your children. May God comfort you and give you needed strength. Please know you have many DIS friends here and when you feel like sharing, we are here. You can always PM me. {{{hugs}}}

I am so sorry for your children and your loss. I pray that you are comforted and your healing has already begun. Be blessed...

I am so sorry for the heartbreaking loss of your dear husband and children's Daddy.....all too soon :sad1:. Know that many Dis friends hold you and children in their hearts and prayers during this very difficult time. May you be granted faith, strength, and courage, as his loving memories warm your heart in all your days. Godspeed :hug:

:
We are heartbroken. My darling husband passed away five days ago on January 17th, less than 5 weeks after his diagnosis.

He was very ill over Christmas. Within just a few days of meeting the oncologist for the first time dh was hospitalised with a blocked bile duct. They wanted to put in a stint to let the bile drain from the liver but the tumor had more than doubled in size so it was impossible. A radiologist and surgeon did a delicate procedure on 6th January which involved putting a tiny tube into the side of the liver using a 6mm gap. It was successful but on Monday 9th January dh got an infection. The infection partially cleared with antibiotics but, much to my shock and horror, dh had to be moved to a hospice last Wednesday 11th.

The staff at the hospice were the kindest, most caring and wonderful people I have ever met. Just 6 days after moving to the hospice dh passed away peacefully. He was holding my two sons' hands and waited for me to whisper 'I love you' into his ear.

We are devastated. The initial prognosis of 18-24 months seemed cruel but he actually lived for just 34 days after diagnosis.

His funeral was very powerful and very moving. When I'm feeling up to it I will tell you all about it.

Nothing will ever be the same again. The children and I stayed with dh in the hospice day and night and we've been staying with my mom since he passed away last Tuesday. Tonight is our first night back home and I keep expecting him to walk in the door. :(

Deb I'm so sorry:hug:

I lost my DH to cancer too. We found out he had Hodgkins just weeks after our engagement. We fought it off and got the all clear/cured diagnosis after five years. A week later he got a sore throat, 6 weeks later he was dead from luekemia triggered from his chemo:sad1:

It just seems so unreal when it happens like that. For months I got upset when I needed milk or bread or anything that I would have said hey honey.... Nobody else cared ya know. Its the little things I missed the most.

Know that many people here care and are here for you and understand that we all go through this journey in our own painful way.

HUGS to you and your family from PA:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter