• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My husband got a job offer!!! We're leaving in 3 days!

adoptivemomx2

Mouseketeer
A couple of weeks ago my husband lost his job (exactly 3 weeks before we were to leave for our 11-day Disney trip). Well, he just got an offer of more money, better benefits and a better company!!! I cant believe it!!! We have been working like mad people to get him interviews and, holy cow, it worked!!! We're going to Disney World and are leaving Thursday or Friday!!! :cool1:

So, of course I'm panicking. We got a refund from the wonderful Vacation Strategies, except for the $150 deposit, which can go towards another trip. I'm waiting to hear back from the to see about re-booking, but I don't think they have any units left. Any suggestions on who else to call????? We really had our heart set on Bonnet Creek, but, if we have to, we will stay elsewhere.

Any idea who might have a Bonnet Creek 2BR/2BR unit??? (we're only going to call if Vacation Strategies doesn't have anything else for us. They have been unbelievably kind and generous)

If we can't get Bonnet Creek on such short notice, any suggestions on where to stay???

I'm such a planner and we bought our tickets back in FEBRUARY and now I'm here scrambling for a place to stay! Best laid plans...

I can't believe it, I can't believe it, I can't believe it!!!!!!

So much to pack and plan and shop for.... I kind of feel like barfing.

LOL don't barf.. then you will have another mess to clean up and you won't feel good enough to get everything done you need to do! ;)

First - congratulations on the job. I sincerely am so happy for you. My own DH is facing the 4th round of layoffs within his company in the past year. We have a Christmas trip planned as well as a cruise in June. Such a very scary time.

Ok.. now take a big deep breath. What about 2 connecting rooms at one of the onsite resorts? You might have a chance. You could all Disney and see what they have available. You may not be able to get exactly what you want (a vacation house) - but you still get to go and your DH has a job. Someone is looking out for you.

What a huge blessing! I am glad to read that things have turned around, prayers have been answered and you are still going on your trip!!! :woohoo:

Congratulations! That is wonderful news.

Second...breathe. If everything isn't overly planned, it will be ok. Stop and make a few lists. Things that have to be done. Things that you would like to do. And things that would be great only if you have the time to do them. Start working down the list. And don't forget to breathe. ;)

Congratulations! Sorry, I don't have any advice about a place to stay, just wanted to say I'm happy he has a new job and I hope you have a magical trip!

I'm so happy things are working out. You will have a great time, no matter where you stay.

If you want Bonnet Creek I would check with laura at sun and snow vacations. its worth a try. I know that this close to your dates going that sometimes they put up last min. deals on some of the 3rd party websites like expedia. You can also look at some of the hotels that are near Downtown Disney and see if they have conecting rooms.

congrats on being able to take the trip afterall.

in your original thread about cancelling that i think was deleted or closed, i was of the opinion that you should not cancel. i said that i personally would regret cancelling because i think positive and would probably end up getting a job making more money before the trip starts.

glad it ended up that way and hope you have fun.

Congratulations on the new job!

Mousesavers.com just posted some discounted rooms at Caribe Royale for a queen suite for 108/night.

Or you may think of checking the hotels on hotel boulevard near downtown disney if bonnet creek or on property is not available

Mostly I am very happy that your husband got a great job.

Congratulations! I'm thrilled for you, and I have faith you'll find a place to stay. You've all more than earned this trip, and it's going to be awesome!

Wonderful news! Have a fabulous vacation ... you deserve it after all the stress of the last couple weeks!

pixiedust:

A BIG congrats to your dh!!!! I posted on your other threads when he lost his job. I bet you both feel so wonderful right now.

I don't have any advice for you for your hotel, but just wanted to say have a great time on your trip!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter