My friends the summer offer will be

To add to this, if you have a trip already booked on a different card, all you need to do is put another $200 on your trip using your Disney Visa. It just has to be a $200 payment, so not necessarily the actual deposit. :goodvibes

And I always put the whole trip on the card so I can use the points as cash to buy souvenirs.

Yes, your TA is in charge of the reservation and you have no control over it. The discount for your resort and dates could be gone the first day. There is no way of knowing. Is there some reason you don't want to make the reservation yourself so you can take care of the discounts? Unless you have a really good TA that you know and trust, just do it yourself.

Thank you for the reply. We have used the same agency/agent for our three previous trips & have always been very satisfied so we used them again this time. Our prior TA was fabulous and took great care of us. Unfortunately, she was killed in a car wreck a week before our trip last summer so we are using a different agent in the same office now. Since I'm not as familiar with our new TA, I want to make sure I touch base with her. Yes, I could book it myself (and did book our airfare) but I like having them "check my work." Plus, they give us a Disney gift card for booking thru them (I know it just offsets the commission, but it's a nice gesture.)

I know Disney Visa cardholders usually get a few days jump on discounts, but not sure how to know when we can take advantage of it??? Is 4/02 when the summer offer goes public? Then it seems like the offer might be available to Disney Visa cardholders a day or two prior? If the spring offer ends 3/31 might we have 4/01 as our jump start? Wondering what day to tell my TA to check on this. Can't believe it's almost here! :cool1:

I used the early discount for Disney Visa card holders in October 2012 when the sale for Jan-Feb 2013 came out. It seemed to me that the offer appeared on the Disney Visa website, not the WDW website, some time in the mid morning. It wasn't first thing in the morning, that I remember. We had a linked reservation with our daughter and they were able to give them the Visa discount, too.

We had already paid our room deposits back in July, so they didn't ask us to add any additional charges to our Visa card. But other people reported that the CM required an additional deposit with the Disney Visa before they would give them the discount.

The offer opened to the general public a few days later.

I used the early discount for Disney Visa card holders in October 2012 when the sale for Jan-Feb 2013 came out. It seemed to me that the offer appeared on the Disney Visa website, not the WDW website, some time in the mid morning. It wasn't first thing in the morning, that I remember. We had a linked reservation with our daughter and they were able to give them the Visa discount, too.

We had already paid our room deposits back in July, so they didn't ask us to add any additional charges to our Visa card. But other people reported that the CM required an additional deposit with the Disney Visa before they would give them the discount.

The offer opened to the general public a few days later.

If your original deposit was on the DV, no additional payment was necessary. Disney Visa discounts will never be on the WDW site because they are not public. They can only he found at www.disneyrewards.com , and you are correct that they are not up and running until later in the day. You will see the deals on this site days before they ever go live. :goodvibes

They can only he found at www.disneyrewards.com , and you are correct that they are not up and running until later in the day. You will see the deals on this site days before they ever go live. :goodvibes

So do I just keep checking the site? I looked last night & nothing yet. I was hoping to give my TA some heads up so she could get right on it. I suppose worst case she does it when the offer goes public and just hope there are still rooms available at our resort--???:worried:

If your original deposit was on the DV, no additional payment was necessary. Disney Visa discounts will never be on the WDW site because they are not public. They can only he found at www.disneyrewards.com , and you are correct that they are not up and running until later in the day. You will see the deals on this site days before they ever go live. :goodvibes

My original down payment was not on my Disney Visa card. It was on a different Chase Visa card. I was glad that the CM didn't tell me that I had to put an additional charge on that card. :)

That site that you quoted is the one that I found the discount on. :thumbsup2
But I had plenty of warning from the DIS, so I knew where to look for it. My husband had received an email about the sale from the rewards card site, but I had already taken care of the discount hours earlier. ;)

My original down payment was not on my Disney Visa card. It was on a different Chase Visa card. I was glad that the CM didn't tell me that I had to put an additional charge on that card. :)

That site that you quoted is the one that I found the discount on. :thumbsup2
But I had plenty of warning from the DIS, so I knew where to look for it. My husband had received an email about the sale from the rewards card site, but I had already taken care of the discount hours earlier. ;)

I've been watching the Chase Visa website like a hawk. How do people know about the discount days before it is on the Visa website? Is there a place I should be looking instead or are they insiders?

I've been watching the Chase Visa website like a hawk. How do people know about the discount days before it is on the Visa website? Is there a place I should be looking instead or are they insiders?

Lots of insiders here. You'll here about it from one of us. The trends are pointing for the end of April to release late summer discounts (free dining) and the visa discounts usually begin on a Thursday for free dining (historically).

Lots of insiders here. You'll here about it from one of us. The trends are pointing for the end of April to release late summer discounts (free dining) and the visa discounts usually begin on a Thursday for free dining (historically).

I'm waiting for the next offer which I'm hoping will be release by visa near the end of the week.

I'll keep checking here too for the heads up.

We're booked 8/13 through 8/17. If it ends 8/14, do you think I'd be able to get the first two nights at the discount on the same reservation, or they would have to split them? Either way would be fine, I just don't want to have to check-out/in or switch rooms.

We're booked 8/13 through 8/17. If it ends 8/14, do you think I'd be able to get the first two nights at the discount on the same reservation, or they would have to split them? Either way would be fine, I just don't want to have to check-out/in or switch rooms.

Yes, the room only discount can be had on the nights available. They would just apply the discount to the nights that fall inside the promotion.

This past New Year Eve we had to do 2 reservations. One for Dec 30-Jan 1, no discount, then Jan 2-4 which had the discount. They told us beforehand that we may have to change rooms and our Magical Express was done as two different reservations but we didn't have to change rooms and we had no problem with ME. But another poster on here shared with me that they had trouble with their tickets, ours was not attached to our room keys, and with ME.

With all that said I will say we are in the same boat again. We are booked from August 10-16 and it looks like discounts will end on the 14th. We are hoping that they will just extend the same offer as they did last year and maybe we wont have to do two separate reservations. The pain will be applying this discount to the beginning and then applying, hopefully, another discount for the last few days.:headache: But the fact is that its the first day of Spring Break for me and it is snowing outside and I live in Alabama so bring the headache on!:thumbsup2

Almost March 31st - I hope we hear something next week!! Fall discounts and promos

Wouldn't fall come out later in spring beginning of summer?

The next discounts to come out will be for mid-summer.

Just going by historical release dates. The last 5 years. They always released free dining in march - April. For the fall

Just going by historical release dates. The last 5 years. They always released free dining in march - April. For the fall

I am pretty sure August/September is considered late summer rather than fall. Think that is where everyone gets confused. I see people say they can't wait for fall discounts meaning Aug/Sept. Then I see others saying can't wait for fall meaning Oct/Dec. Maybe Aug/Sept is early fall and Oct/Dec late fall. Who knows, but I do know it gets confusing. LOL

Last year the aug-sept free dining was released very early on march 1. In prior years its always been mid-late April. Everything is reverting back to that schedule. The summer promos are next, released the beginning of April. We will hear late summer promos dropping around the end of April.

I am pretty sure August/September is considered late summer rather than fall. Think that is where everyone gets confused. I see people say they can't wait for fall discounts meaning Aug/Sept. Then I see others saying can't wait for fall meaning Oct/Dec. Maybe Aug/Sept is early fall and Oct/Dec late fall. Who knows, but I do know it gets confusing. LOL

You are correct. "Fall" is Oct-Dec. "Late summer" is Aug/Sept. the Fall offers typically come out in July, and as late as August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter