my facebook rant

For me, the one friend I have that drives me the most batty is the girl I went to high school with who is going through a divorce. They married when she was 17 so it isn't exactly shocking that the marriage didn't last. From what I have gathered from her posts, he cheated. Anyway, now she posts something like 15 different pictures a day with captions about breakups. Some jewels:
"Wanna keep your girl? Respect her, care for her, love her, text her first, make sure she knows how you feel about her, and never lie."

"One day she'll start sending you mixed signals and you'll get made because she finally learned how to play your game."

"A real man never hurts a woman."

"Don't be in a relationship if you are incapable of being faithful."

"Talking about a past relationship doesn't mean you're still stuck on it. Sometimes it means you're reminding yourself what not to put up with."

"Real love doesn't care about body type, model looks, or wallet size. It is more concerned with what is inside."

Where oh where did we go to air our dirty laundry before Mr. Zuckerberg came along?

Can one of you facebook experts answer this. I got on facebook to expand my friends and to network, so naturally I send out a lot of friend requests. Never to someone that I don't have mutual friends with, but strangers nonthe less. Last week when I was doing this, I got a notice that I was not allowed to send friend requests for 7 days. Does anyone know if this is due to someone complaining or was Facebook just doing it on its own? I didn't send out that many, and about half of them were accepted, so I don't get why Facebook has a problem with this. How does it even know if I don't in fact know these people personally? :confused3

Lol! My favorite is that apparently I hate Jesus if I don't share his picture.

Sorry, PP, I don't know what is up with the friend requests issue.

Can one of you facebook experts answer this. I got on facebook to expand my friends and to network, so naturally I send out a lot of friend requests. Never to someone that I don't have mutual friends with, but strangers nonthe less. Last week when I was doing this, I got a notice that I was not allowed to send friend requests for 7 days. Does anyone know if this is due to someone complaining or was Facebook just doing it on its own? I didn't send out that many, and about half of them were accepted, so I don't get why Facebook has a problem with this. How does it even know if I don't in fact know these people personally? :confused3

I've never heard of that but I do know of a local TV entertainer who had to stop accepting friend requests because he hit the ceiling of how many friends he could have.

I DO like the contests, though. I've won a few and so has my sister. I'll keep liking things just to win stuff.

How does it even know if I don't in fact know these people personally? :confused3

When you reject someone's friend request it asks if you know them personally. If you get too many "no" answers, I think you get this message. Apparently too many people turned down your requests and answered that they didn't know you. My MIL is on Facebook and plays bingo games. She sent out tons of friend requests to help her in the game. She got the same message you did.

For me, the one friend I have that drives me the most batty is the girl I went to high school with who is going through a divorce. They married when she was 17 so it isn't exactly shocking that the marriage didn't last. From what I have gathered from her posts, he cheated. Anyway, now she posts something like 15 different pictures a day with captions about breakups. Some jewels:
"Wanna keep your girl? Respect her, care for her, love her, text her first, make sure she knows how you feel about her, and never lie."

"One day she'll start sending you mixed signals and you'll get made because she finally learned how to play your game."

"A real man never hurts a woman."

"Don't be in a relationship if you are incapable of being faithful."

"Talking about a past relationship doesn't mean you're still stuck on it. Sometimes it means you're reminding yourself what not to put up with."

"Real love doesn't care about body type, model looks, or wallet size. It is more concerned with what is inside."

Where oh where did we go to air our dirty laundry before Mr. Zuckerberg came along?

My cousin's ex wife does this. Some are funny, but ugh. Enough!

Why don't you just hide these people? Its a serious question. I always why people keep reading when they are annoyed.

Unsubscribe from their updates. Takes like 2 clicks. There are tons of different options to customize what you see in your news feed.

It's because they think you are spamming people with requests, it doesn't really matter how many you send, it matters how many people say "no" and say they don't know you outside of FB. I don't send a lot of requests but I get them because of my second job, I do accept the ones I know but others I say No to.

Why don't you just hide these people? Its a serious question. I always why people keep reading when they are annoyed.

Unsubscribe from their updates. Takes like 2 clicks. There are tons of different options to customize what you see in your news feed.

For me there is a lot of other post that I WANT to see. If the post get to be too much I will hide individual post. It takes a lot for me to actually hide a person.

the crowd that uses FB to mourn their lost loved ones. OK, I am really not being heartless here. I totally understand the posts right after losing someone. But then, at some point you just need to stop (on FB at least) I have a couple that are weekly posting things like "I still miss you mom" "CLick like and share this picture of a candle if you love someone in Heaven" I know this sounds heartless, but after a while you need to remember your loved one more privately, "talking" to them on fb is not getting the message to them any better than just talking to them in your own heart. Like, basically, don't drag me into your mourning with you. Every damn week and every anniversary of a death , getting a lot of people to "like" your post isn't going to make you feel better. Please.

Last week was my mothers birthday and it was also my dad's(yes they had the same birthday) and my aunt's(moms twin sister) who are both passed away. I wrote a status saying happy birthday to my mom and tagged her in it. I was going to write a seperate post about my dad and aunt but I couldnt get the wording right and I didnt want people think I was oversharing. But I also didnt want family to think I forgot about them.

I don't like to see pictures of someone's ultrasound. It feels way too intimate to me.

My mom feels the same way. I told her I know who is pregnant does it.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

So I'm not going to get my million dollars from Bill Gates? Good thing I've been helping out that Nigerian prince then..

I have defriended a couple people and hid a few people entirely - one was always bashing Christians (defriended) another posted really inappropriate stuff (defriended) - the ones I have hid are high school friends - one is always posting conspiracy theory anti-government stuff which is just way crazy - he is a nice enough guy and I run into him occacasionally - so I don't want to defriend, but I definatey don't look at what he posts to fb either...the other is a high school friend that posts everytime a thought pops in her head - I hid her posts too. But the rest of the annoying ones are from people that are very much in my life - one is my SIL - one is the mother of one of my sons best friends. I don't want to miss all their posts- but am just so annoyed with most of them.See , for every annoying poster tht you just hide, there is someone that is related to them that can't just "hide"them.

How about the opposite of TMI? I'm talking about the cryptic post, such as "oh, I knew this would happen". They get asked what do they mean, but they never reply

I have defriended a couple people and hid a few people entirely - one was always bashing Christians (defriended) another posted really inappropriate stuff (defriended) - the ones I have hid are high school friends - one is always posting conspiracy theory anti-government stuff which is just way crazy - he is a nice enough guy and I run into him occacasionally - so I don't want to defriend, but I definatey don't look at what he posts to fb either...the other is a high school friend that posts everytime a thought pops in her head - I hid her posts too. But the rest of the annoying ones are from people that are very much in my life - one is my SIL - one is the mother of one of my sons best friends. I don't want to miss all their posts- but am just so annoyed with most of them.See , for every annoying poster tht you just hide, there is someone that is related to them that can't just "hide"them.

But why can't you? You can always type there name in and go to their page if you would like to see what they are up to. I'm sure I have people I'm related to that I've hidden.

They don't know you hide them. :confused3

You can also customize the types of updates you get. Don't want to see their annoying status updates? You can hide those while still getting notices when they post photos. You can hide game posts (which I do for nearly everyone) and keep other things. You can choose to get All updates, Most or Some.

You can block Country Outfitters as a whole. Just do it.

I control my facebook experience so I'm never annoyed...or I just don't care enough to get annoyed by anything any one posts.

What I wish I could post to my facebook wall:

"People, if you click like and comment on a stupid picture to "see what happens" NOTHING will happen! NOTHING except that all of your friends will be seeing that you were dumb enough to comment on the stupid picture and that you are gullible. Furthermore, no one on this planet, and most espcially FB will not donate a $1 for a like and $2 for a "share" of a horrific picture of a child suffering from a disease. Again, the only thing that will happen is all of your fb friends will see how dumb you are. Also, even if COuntry Outfitter is giving away one darn pair of boots- your chances of winning that stupid pair of boots is less than winning the Powerball jackpot, because every other idiot on the planet already liked and shared that stupid picture. All you are doing is providing Country Outfitter with free advertising on your wall. Also, that stupid picture started about 12 months ago and I'm sure they already gave the boots away...however people continue to share their ad!!!! It's over! DO you hear me?! It's over!!!! Stop posting the boots to my news feed!. WHile I'm ranting, lets also talk about your posts about your damn blogs. No one cares. Blah Blah Blah Blah. Yea yea, we all have kids, we all have jobs, we all do it. You are not funny. You think that you are more clever and more witty describing your boring life than the next person. You're not. I can read 100 blogs and they are all the same. Blah Blah Blah. SO just shut up and get out there and LIVE your life and stop trying to document it and impress us with it. Ok?

OK, we all understand? Ok, thanks I feel better "

Ah, if only I could post this ....

:rotfl:

Thanks for the laugh this morning, I totally agree.

I hid my aunt and uncle because of all their politcal posts. It was just too much. DD actually unfriended them over it. :lmao: I also hid my SIL's sister because all she ever posted was wanting people to buy Mary Kay or whatever thing she was selling. I got tired of seeing it.

Most of the other people that bother me haven't made themselves enough of a nuisance yet to be hidden or unfriended. I have done the thinks RadioNate talked about and adjusted what I see from people as they start to irritate me.

Over the course of a few years, many of the girls I went to high school have found and friended me on FB. It was fine, but most of them weren't much more than classmates and acquaintances even in high school. I was never very close with any of them...And now I remember why...

The DRAMA!!! OMG, I had forgotten how painfully dramatic these girls were. And they're STILL creating the same kind of drama in their lives...
"When am I going to find a good man?!?"...
"Why can't I get my life together?!?!"...
"I'm FINALLY going to stop letting people walk all over me!"...
"Does anyone have a spare car I could borrow, just for a couple of weeks until I can get mine fixed?" (yeah, that was a real one...)

You are 40 years old people...40!! If you haven't gotten your life together at this point, you should get off of Facebook and find yourself a good life coach. You're not a little girl anymore. You're a woman. Grow up and act like it. And most of these women have kids mixed up in all of this mess...
*SIGH*

I've had to unfriend mostly all of them because it depresses me that about 85-90% of the girls I went to high school with have amounted to little more than drama queens who are still waiting for someone to come along and fix all of their problems...

I'll stick with my college friends...LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter