My Disney Planning Binder

I need help!

I went to WalMart today during my lunch break hoping to find a nice planning journal so I can get started on our Honeymoon PJ and I thought something would jump out at me, but I stood in the "organizers" isle completely clueless.. Then I moved over to the sprial notebooks, stared at those and again.. clueless..

Someone send me a link to a picture of what I should use?? I really liked whatever the OP used, but I didn't see it at WalMart, or rather, couldn't "picture" what she had used.

Many many thanks!!!!

Hi Oily Stars! And hey to a fellow Dallas, Texan! :wave2:
I just started on my binder and still have lots to do! I think the first thing would be to decide what kind of binder you want: a BIG one that you can take pages out of each day or a not-so-big binder that you want to take into the park with you. Then try to categorize the sections you want, such as:
General Info (who is going, packing list, etc)
Reservations (hotel, flight, ADRs, etc)
Park Info (when, hours, plans, etc)
Day-by-Day schedule (including must-do attractions, parades, etc)
And maybe a Trip Report Section (if you plan on doing one)

Once all this stuff is done, then it's time to decorate! I totally plan on hitting up Michael's for lots of stickers and scrapbook stuff! I'm not the most creative on this board by far, but let me know if you have any questions! Good luck!:thumbsup2

Hi Amanda! :goodvibes

I was thinking of more of a Day-to-Day journal for while we're at the park.

The first portion of the book was going to be the planning stages.. Copy of our reservations, little blurb about how excited we are, ADRs we have booked already, shows we hope to see...

Then, while we're on our honeymoon, I was thinking about journaling in the morning/night about what we're doing/did that day. Have pockets for our receipts and maps... etc...

I don't plan on taking it with me to the parks, I'm already going to be lugging around my Nikon D200 camera, I don't need any extra weight! I'd like something small.. like a 6x9?

I think I'll be more likely to journal about our trip while we're there. I'm *still* working on a scrapbook from our trip in 2007. I think I'm on page 4...... :rolleyes:

Hi Amanda! :goodvibes

I was thinking of more of a Day-to-Day journal for while we're at the park.

The first portion of the book was going to be the planning stages.. Copy of our reservations, little blurb about how excited we are, ADRs we have booked already, shows we hope to see...

Then, while we're on our honeymoon, I was thinking about journaling in the morning/night about what we're doing/did that day. Have pockets for our receipts and maps... etc...

I don't plan on taking it with me to the parks, I'm already going to be lugging around my Nikon D200 camera, I don't need any extra weight! I'd like something small.. like a 6x9?

I think I'll be more likely to journal about our trip while we're there. I'm *still* working on a scrapbook from our trip in 2007. I think I'm on page 4...... :rolleyes:

That's pretty close to what I did, although I had planning info and pages for each day's journalling mixed in together in a weird way that only makes sense to me LOL. I got a 5x7/ 6x9 something like that sized blank book (on the first page of this thread) at Walmart and scrapbooking whatnot worked really well for that. And yeah, taking it to the park didn't happen although I made mine small enough to fit in my Overland Donner and my VB Hipster. I kept it on the table in the hotel room and pulled it out at night to recap the day. Makes a cute keepsake :) Have fun with yours!

Hi Kat,

Thanks for the response. I'm going to venture out to another walmart this weekend and try and find a PJ.

Was your PJ completely blank inside? Where the pages lined, how many pages would you say your PJ was? Everything I saw had a lot of pages, so I wasn't sure how I would be able to add some pockets and make it fit. I guess thats where tearing out pages comes into play?

Thanks for everyones help!! I :love:these boards!

OilyStars,

It was one of the regular lined "blank book" type things. It had a fake leathery type cover that held up very well to me stuffing junk in it. There were a lot more pages than I needed- what I did was instead of having one pocket after another, I usually skipped and had say a pocket, then five or six pages for journalling/planning notes, then another pocket, and so forth. Using stickers and cut-outs to decorate pages you're going to journal on instead of using scrapbook paper on EVERY page saves it from becoming too fat altogether.

Someone else suggested cutting out some of the pages that are in the journal to begin with to make room for all the scrapping paper/stuff that makes the pages fatter.

My book was kind of fat when I got done with it, but cute :) I had some cute lime green polka dot ribbon (also from walmart I believe) that I used to tie around the journal and keep it closed.
HTH have fun! :)

Park specific dividers. On the back of the title page I put park maps:
000_0049.jpg

000_0050.jpg

Where'd you find the park specific logos/images?

Where'd you find the park specific logos/images?

Go to Google and on the top left of the page click the word "Images". Once there type in Disney Logos and you will be amazed at what you come up with.

The Epcot Ears I came across in the DISigning forum, and unfortunately I have no idea who to give credit too, I can't remember. **EDIT** The Epcot Mickey Ears were created by Disser Donatalie.

Check out this thread also for planning info. Lots of goodies to be found here!;)

Go to Google and on the top left of the page click the word "Images". Once there type in Disney Logos and you will be amazed at what you come up with.

The Epcot Ears I came across in the DISigning forum, and unfortunately I have no idea who to give credit too, I can't remember.

Check out this thread also for planning info. Lots of goodies to be found here!;)

LOL, I found this thread from that thread! :laughing:

Heading to Google now! Thanks!

You have a good Walmart...I went to two Walmarts, Office Max, Barnes N Nobles and Kmart and I could not find one planner with handles:sad1: I guess I'll check the web:surfweb:

I saw these planners at Target yesterday. They have them in red & black for about the same price. ;)

URL=http://s707.photobucket.com/albums/ww75/nicolepdonnelly/?action=view&current=116.jpg]http://i707.photobucket.com/albums

[URL=http://s707.photobucket.com/albums/ww75/nicolepdonnelly/?action=view&current=117.jpg][IMG]http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww75/nicolepdonnelly/th_117.jpg[/URL]

Here's my attempt at a planning binder. It's from walmart but it's the smallest of the day planners and I like that size as it fits in our backpack.

Is it wrong that I want to make a binder and have not even scheduled our next DW vacation and really have no idea when it will possibly be? I did suggest to the dh that a trip to DW instead of a trip to visit all the family was a much better idea. Bad Daughter!

Maybe I should make one for my friend who is going in November. Then I can get it out of my system. I am hitting Michael's tomorrow with my 20% your entire purchase coupon. Watch out checking account :rotfl2:

Wonderful ideas everyone!

Is it wrong that I want to make a binder and have not even scheduled our next DW vacation and really have no idea when it will possibly be? I did suggest to the dh that a trip to DW instead of a trip to visit all the family was a much better idea. Bad Daughter!

Maybe I should make one for my friend who is going in November. Then I can get it out of my system. I am hitting Michael's tomorrow with my 20% your entire purchase coupon. Watch out checking account :rotfl2:

Wonderful ideas everyone!

So funny! I bet your friend would love a binder full of info and tips!:thumbsup2

I was thinking of starting one of these now. I just want to say, "thanks" to all of you Disney binder/planner people, for corrupting another poor soul. :lmao:

Okay, no seriously. I love these ideas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter