My Disney Planning Binder

No pictures yet cause I'm still working on it but HTH! :)

Can't wait to see what you've come up with!!!
:goodvibes

Side note: I actually found some "pockets" at staples that fit into the 5.5x8.5 binder. I couldn't believe my luck!! Thanx for the tips on what you use the pockets for, very handy!

I did start my planner, but I'm in a bit of a planning lull now, as I can't make any reservations until my 90 day mark, and the hotels aren't booking for 2010 yet. :rolleyes:
what will I do until then! :scared:
haha, I hope I can make it until I'm able to start making definite plans!
Also, expect pictures once I can make progress on my book. =]

Hey guys, just wanted to say thanks for the tips. I'm trying to figure it all out but I never use spreadsheets so I'm getting there. Plus I'm a perfectionist and I want my pages to be awesome! :woohoo: Wish me luck!

Kristy- I don't use spreadsheets either. I like to handwrite things in, personally. But there are people here on the DIS who have made them and a few who have spreadsheets they're willing to share, I believe.

Ok I am with the early poster on here who would buy one. Surely there is someone who would love to put one on Ebay for us folks that aren't as creative as you others.:lovestruc:worship:

Hey guys, just wanted to say thanks for the tips. I'm trying to figure it all out but I never use spreadsheets so I'm getting there. Plus I'm a perfectionist and I want my pages to be awesome! :woohoo: Wish me luck!
Hi Kristy - if you liked my spreadsheet I'll be happy to send you the template to put your times on, or I'll put your dates in for you.

hey guys - found something in WalMart yesterday that you all may like. In the calculator/school supply section. Nylon binder pouch that fits 3-ring binders. These will fit in either an 8 1/2 x 10 binder or the 7 1/2 by 10 binder because they are the smaller size.

What I liked about them was the reinforced metal grommets and nylon zipper plus the fact they came in pink, lavender, and then some dark colors. The pink one will fit nicely in my carry-on purse and will hold all my travel docs resort confirmation/DME ticket info. Pink and lavender will stand out in that black bottomless purse - LOL.

Because we booked with AAA this time and not directly with Disney the travel docs came in a large cardboard mailer not the nice clear vinyl pouch Disney sends them in. So now everything will fit nicely and safely in this pouch and I can transfer it into my binder.

Did I mention these were only 97 cents?????

Oooh im doing this sort of thing too :yay:

Bought a mickey mouse ring binder last week but have got to the stage of putting in dividers - each one a different park so i can be all organised!! and i have so many ideas..

I have my last exam before summer on wednesday then i think i'm just going to go to crazyy - hehe i love it!!

I came across this thread and just had to put in my bit. I have used a binder to p;an our last several trips. I get the 3 ring binders that have a clear pocket over the front and back. I then decorate a typing paper with the theme for that trip, such as in 07 it was a Christmas trip, so the decorations were all Christmas Disney. Our next trip is Decorated Tink. Then I get a bunch of the paper protectors, I use them for everything. I start with the beginning preparations for out trip, include an itinerary, maps of the parks, ADR list with res numbers etc. As plans change I can easily remove the printed page and replace with a new page. I use both things I print and things found elsewhere. I take this book with me so I can refer to it before we leave for the park each moorning. The binders also have a few pockets in the inside and I purchase a few more, I make index cards with ADR info, then each day I can slip the index card in my fanny pack for quick reference.

This binder becomes a trail not only of our trip but the planning that went into it. I keep the binders on the bookshelf with my other reference Disney books.

I also do a small plastic folder with all the travel, hotel, maps, rental car info for the trip to and from Disney as we drive for our trips to Disney.

Hope this helps someone with their ideas for a Disney binder.

Well, without meaning to, I made one. Sort of. I just wasn't inspired to create a book on par with my scrapbooking and really didn't know what I wanted to include so I had ditched the idea.

Recently, I've been planning what toys and activities to take for our almost 3 y/o. Amazing how one can over-think a simple coloring book, right? Something that fits in a kid's backpack for the flight. Fitting into a tiny purse for park travel into restaurants, maybe ride lines would be even better! Buy a little book? Just take a pocket notebook for her to scribble in?

I decided to use a little travel journal gathering dust in my sewing room. I resized and printed up some small coloring pages and glued them in every few pages, she can draw on leftover pages. Wow, this book has more pages than I realized. Enough left for planning and then a couple journaling thoughts. I designated my planning pages with stamped backgrounds and ribbon tabs. So far I just wrote in some flight and ADR info. Not sure what else I'll add.

I let my toddler decorate the cover with glue and catalog pictures. We had fun doing it together! She had some left over Disney pictures and insisted on using them all so we pasted some inside, too. We covered the cover with clear plastic packing tape. Maybe not archival but it will do and protect the mess. I added a tag with easy to spot contact info, just in case!

So it's an activity book for all of us, now!

DSCN1059.jpg
DSCN1063.jpg
DSCN1062.jpg

I've loved reading about all of your planners--binders, spreadsheets, etc! :thumbsup2

I'm planning on starting a binder of somekind in the next couple of weeks. So far, I've just been putting everything in a folder, or it's on the computer.

I did type up little "tips lists" with stuff I got of TGM website for each park. I made spreadsheets in Excell first, and this last week, I transfered them to InDesign so I could make them into 3x5 documents. I added Disney fonts for each park, and have anywere between 2 and 4 "cards" for each park. Once our plans are finalized, I'll be able to print them onto 3x5 notecards, laminate them, and put them in my Hipster for the parks! They have everything from what order I want to get fastpasses, to our lunch choices, to ride tips (like the best place to sit), to how much we'll need to take for tip for dinner. I know...I'm a little obsessed. But I'm having a lot of fun! And I can't wait to see how handy they'll be in the parks. Oh--and I am going to put them into my scrapbook of our trip after we come back :)

Well, without meaning to, I made one. Sort of. I just wasn't inspired to create a book on par with my scrapbooking and really didn't know what I wanted to include so I had ditched the idea.

Recently, I've been planning what toys and activities to take for our almost 3 y/o. Amazing how one can over-think a simple coloring book, right? Something that fits in a kid's backpack for the flight. Fitting into a tiny purse for park travel into restaurants, maybe ride lines would be even better! Buy a little book? Just take a pocket notebook for her to scribble in?

I decided to use a little travel journal gathering dust in my sewing room. I resized and printed up some small coloring pages and glued them in every few pages, she can draw on leftover pages. Wow, this book has more pages than I realized. Enough left for planning and then a couple journaling thoughts. I designated my planning pages with stamped backgrounds and ribbon tabs. So far I just wrote in some flight and ADR info. Not sure what else I'll add.

I let my toddler decorate the cover with glue and catalog pictures. We had fun doing it together! She had some left over Disney pictures and insisted on using them all so we pasted some inside, too. We covered the cover with clear plastic packing tape. Maybe not archival but it will do and protect the mess. I added a tag with easy to spot contact info, just in case!

So it's an activity book for all of us, now!

QUOTE]

your book is so cute. Buy a click type ballpoint pen that has a caribiner clip and clip it to the spiral ring. Then you'll always have something to journal with. I bet you are going to treasure this for years to come because of your child's participation!

your book is so cute. Buy a click type ballpoint pen that has a caribiner clip and clip it to the spiral ring. Then you'll always have something to journal with. I bet you are going to treasure this for years to come because of your child's participation![/QUOTE]

Thanks. Good idea about the caribiner clip pen. I did find that a regular pen with a pocket clip fits nicely on the tag ring :thumbsup2 If anyone is interested, I added more to the book and more pictures on my PTR (still on pg 1)

My daughter seems to think we made it to GIVE to Mickey Mouse! I do love Mickey, but...

OK gang, here are some more ideas for those of you starting out. As I posted earlier, this is a 5.5 x 8.5" day planner book that I personalized for our family. (Dissers from the Creative forum may recognize some of their work here ;) for which I thank you). The book zips all the way around which helps to keep everything together.

Outside spine (sticker on the spine I purchased from Michaels):
000_0044.jpg

Inside (notice zip pocket, credit card slots, etc):
000_0045.jpg

000_0046.jpg

One of many planning sheets:
000_0047.jpg

Resort Information:
000_0048.jpg

Park specific dividers. On the back of the title page I put park maps:
000_0049.jpg

000_0050.jpg

Front Cover pocket (great for passports, boarding passes, etc):
000_0051.jpg

And last, but not least, the super handy handles! (they go in when not in use):
000_0052.jpg

There is another divider for each of the following:
Disney Cruise (our first, and boy is this section is getting full!)
Dining
"Mousellaneous"
"Money Matters" which I have included credit card company phone numbers, travellers cheques numbers, trip payment information, etc.
I also made my own Disney notebook paper:rolleyes1
And yes, before you ask, my family thinks I am insane!

Begin building your own planning book/binder at your own risk!

This is awesome and so pretty. :thumbsup2I am soooo going to copy you if that is okay!:goodvibes

Kathy,

First my mom's name is Kathy too and my dd name is Alyssa, so that's cool. Second where did you buy your planner. I just LOVE it! I really like that color red. Great Job!!:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter