My Disney Planning Binder

i swear this thread should come with a warning!
I must have lost days first reading and then starting to craft my own planning folder. we fly out in a little over a week so the final touches are going in now. all on the pc so i can print out two copies- mine and one for my mum whos coming along for the ride!
will try and post some photos if anyone would be interested.
(p.s- a loooonnnng term lurker who has been drawn out by impressive planning folder that I have seen!)

ladylovesatramp said:
i swear this thread should come with a warning!
I must have lost days first reading and then starting to craft my own planning folder. we fly out in a little over a week so the final touches are going in now. all on the pc so i can print out two copies- mine and one for my mum whos coming along for the ride!
will try and post some photos if anyone would be interested.
(p.s- a loooonnnng term lurker who has been drawn out by impressive planning folder that I have seen!)

I would love to see photos! DH bought me a full size Mickey binder for my birthday. Still not sure when we are going back though. I guess I can still put the "bones" together.

I really am crushing on the professional designed binder and dividers etc. that Shannon at wdwprepschool.com designed, but not all binders have to be that deluxe. I have made two different versions that are more like the Smash book styles that are popular with scrapbookers.

The first one I did from scratch and made the pages from letter-size card stock. each page was 5.5 x 8.5 inches (I rounded the corners for a little nicer look). I made some pages that folded out so I could add photos and trinkets etc as I went along. I also had pages for dining, hotel, airplane, etc. that could be filled out by hand and added some journaling space. I added stickers and rubber stamped images throughout the book.

I took a small scrapbook kit with me with the plan to work on it each night. Didn't happen! I staggered home so late every night after the fireworks etc. that I just flat out died the minute I hit the bed.

The second book I did is a standard composition book with Mickey paper added on the covers and inside pages to make sections. I also used a lot of stickers and rubber stamped images and brochures etc. I again added pictures throughout after the trip. This one is more compact and I think I like it best.

The third trip I took in 2012 (I know, it was CRAZY!) I didn't make an official planning binder. I just picked up a small bound journal with Mickey on the front and used it to make all of my notes and lists and record reservations etc. My plan was to do some actual 12x12 scrapbook pages from this trip. Haven't quite got around to that yet but it was only this past Halloween.

Anyway, you can take a look at my books on the disneyscrappers.ning.com site: http://disneyscrappers.ning.com/photo/album/listForOwner?screenName=2zpj58yetfhfz

I really am crushing on the professional designed binder and dividers etc. that Shannon at wdwprepschool.com designed, but not all binders have to be that deluxe. I have made two different versions that are more like the Smash book styles that are popular with scrapbookers.

The first one I did from scratch and made the pages from letter-size card stock. each page was 5.5 x 8.5 inches (I rounded the corners for a little nicer look). I made some pages that folded out so I could add photos and trinkets etc as I went along. I also had pages for dining, hotel, airplane, etc. that could be filled out by hand and added some journaling space. I added stickers and rubber stamped images throughout the book.

I took a small scrapbook kit with me with the plan to work on it each night. Didn't happen! I staggered home so late every night after the fireworks etc. that I just flat out died the minute I hit the bed.

The second book I did is a standard composition book with Mickey paper added on the covers and inside pages to make sections. I also used a lot of stickers and rubber stamped images and brochures etc. I again added pictures throughout after the trip. This one is more compact and I think I like it best.

The third trip I took in 2012 (I know, it was CRAZY!) I didn't make an official planning binder. I just picked up a small bound journal with Mickey on the front and used it to make all of my notes and lists and record reservations etc. My plan was to do some actual 12x12 scrapbook pages from this trip. Haven't quite got around to that yet but it was only this past Halloween.

Anyway, you can take a look at my books on the disneyscrappers.ning.com site: http://disneyscrappers.ning.com/photo/album/listForOwner?screenName=2zpj58yetfhfz

Thank you so much for sharing! I am just now getting into scrapbooking, due to my love for Disney and Disney planning. I will be quite busy this semester and had a unexpected trip to WDW come up and I love your books because they seem easy enough for me to put together for this trip. Thanks again :thumbsup2

Luv all the planning binders! Mine is getting re-used for the 5th time and I like to keep all the menus and tips and sub in all the current ressie info!

I love this thread. It is one of my favorite on the Dis. When we went to Disney World for the first time after I found the Dis I had someone make me a Disney Planner. It was so cool. She sent it to me about 2 months before our trip and I filled in all the details from my plan basic notebook. That was April 2011.

We went back in Nov. 2011 and she made me another book. It was just as cute as the first. On our trip in December 2012 we didn't have time to do a planner much less plan. I really missed my Disney Planner.

So now I am planning our biggest trip to Disney so far 16 days/15 nights. My friend said she would make me another planner but I really want to give it a try myself. The problem is we have 307 more days till our trip.

So my question is how soon do you start making your planner and what all do you put in it at this point. :confused3

Right now I have a black leather notebook I purchased at Wal-Mart and I have been writing down lots of information I have found on the Disbaords - like best locations to see a parade, shows not to miss, and so on. I wanted to spice it up so I went to the scrapbook store and found a Red Smash Book. I also purchased Disney Stickers, Paper, buttons, etc. I want to start putting it together but I don't know where to start.

Any suggestions, tips, etc.?

Our trip is in October and I have started my planner/binder! I keep a composition book with me when I am studying or thinking and then as I have time I transfer it into my binder. Once I get closer to time I will organize it all and print it out but right now I have a page for the location we are staying, a page for all our flight info, a page about Pop Century, and a page for each day we will be there. The pages for the days we are there will include that days park, dinning info, touring plans, cool PhotoPass locations and anything I think will help! I also include Hidden Mickey locations, and interesting facts for waits!

I also use the last page to write down any PhotPass card numbers I get!

Hello everyone! I'm hoping someone here can help me or point me in the right direction. I found a pin on pinterest tonight with a link to planning pages on photobucket....username jtanddolly. I saw she had a checklist page for AK, but I also want the other parks as well. There were dis board sheets as well, so I was hoping someone knows how I can contact her (not for buying purposes....she does them for free). I'd post a link, but since I don't have 10 posts I can't yet. Boo. Anyway, TIA!

Hello everyone! I'm hoping someone here can help me or point me in the right direction. I found a pin on pinterest tonight with a link to planning pages on photobucket....username jtanddolly. I saw she had a checklist page for AK, but I also want the other parks as well. There were dis board sheets as well, so I was hoping someone knows how I can contact her (not for buying purposes....she does them for free). I'd post a link, but since I don't have 10 posts I can't yet. Boo. Anyway, TIA!

Well, I found out that she's on here, but I can't pm her until I get 10 posts. :)

I found a pin on pinterest tonight with a link to planning pages on photobucket....username jtanddolly. I saw she had a checklist page for AK, but I also want the other parks as well. There were dis board sheets as well, so I was hoping someone knows how I can contact her (not for buying purposes....she does them for free). I'd post a link, but since I don't have 10 posts I can't yet. Boo. Anyway, TIA!

Notebook planning pages for all parks: http://s415.beta.photobucket.com/user/jtanddolly/library/Disney Notebook Planning Pages

Thanks to everyone who liked my smash book style planning binders. I was inspired by this same thread last year. I am already thinking about my next trip and how I want to do my binder. My trip will either be for the Halloween Party or for the Christmas Party, but I don't think it is ever too early to start putting things together! If you are on Pinterest you can find all kinds of information. I have two Disney boards - one for Disney crafts/scrap booking and one for Disney planning. My friends all think I am crazy because all I seem to pin is Disney stuff and Art Journals (when the two collide with a Disney art journal it is magic!

Ok, I guess I am just slow, I never thought to check Pinterest for ideas, I have checked lots of other places but not there... here I go searching!

Lovin' this thread! I've started my binder for our Spring trip and it's so much fun to pull together. I am using a mini Martha Stewart binder that I got on clearance at Staples with some Avery dividers and pockets and envelopes from michaels.

Am just getting started with my planning binder. I was planning to use the same organization method that I did on our (non-Disney) cruise and NOLA trip two years ago but after getting more into it, I realized that was not going to work with the OCD-level research I have been doing. I was going to use a couple of those big plastic folders with the velcro closure and just color code them for airline/car info and hotel/park info but then we booked a hotel room and I realized all the has to go into it... deciding what day to go to what park, fastpasses, ADR's, EMHs, character meals, autographs, Ahhh!!!:crazy::scared1::crazy::scared1:

So, I have gotten together a zippered 3-ring binder with a pocket in the front and a notepad in the back. I have a zippered pouch (the kind for pencils), several dividers and a whole pack of page protectors. I also have several stickers to decorate the dividers with once I figure out exactly what my different sections will be.

So excited to make my binder!!! I have started putting all my information together now just to make it pretty :-) I will post pics when it is finished. thanks everyone for all your awesomeness!!!:cheer2::cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter