My Disney Planning Binder

Just starting to make mine. Thanks for all the good ideas. I'll keep going through the other pages for ideas.

I got it at Walmart. The brand is DayOne. It also comes in Black. I paid $25.00 for it up here in Canada.

It was really easy to put together, all I had to do was change the paper size to "half" and away I went. With the help of some internet clipart and some awesome designs from the Creative DISigns forum I was in business.

PS. Your comments really cracked me up!! I can't wait to show the family that there IS some appreciation for organization in the world!:goodvibes

I love your planner!! I am staring my own soon and your pictures gave me some great ideas. You mentioned that you changed the paper size to half...did you then have to cut each page in half to fit or were you able to buy 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 size paper to print on?

Thank you!!

Did anyone ever post a link to journal pages or planner pages? I love a lot of the ideas but wanted to know if someone had them avail. to print out?

I don't think anyone posted a link, but many found things over at the Creative DISigns board. I've looked at some of the things they've come up with and they are extremely talented.

SteelerCountry - I think most people who are using them have been several times. Most don't take the whole thing to the parks, they leave them in the room. But it's a way to keep everything together while planning, be organized and creative and it can be used as a scrapbook of sorts. Many have said they look back at previous planners later for info or just a nice trip down memory lane.

We're going next year and while I usually keep things together in a file folder or notebook while planning, I've never gotten as creative as all of you.

Thanks to everyone who has posted their planners, suggestions and information. You have all done an amazing job! I enjoy looking at them and just might have to DIS mine up for this next trip. I've already scribbled various ideas/notes for the trip in a notebook.

I forget who had the Packing List in theirs, but that is exactly what I planned to do! I always look at old packing lists (in a notepad) when creating a new one.

Another thing I intend to add is a Packing List for the return trip home! After leaving my baby's favorite little blankie at a hotel (and not realizing it in time) I decided I needed a list of important things (chargers, cameras, cell phones, favorite blankies) to check off before leaving the hotel room on any trip.

Wow! This is such an inspiring thread. Last time I went I just had pages of info in a duotang folder but now that I've seen this I am going to get an old Franklin Covey small zippered binder and use that as my stay in the room binder and I like the idea of just taking out the bits I need for each day. Thanks everyone for all the excellent ideas and pictures!

Gina.:cheer2:

Lots of good ideas in this thread. We made a Disney planning binder last year for our trip and it worked out perfectly having everything organized and all in one spot. I will definitely be adopted some of the ideas shared here and will use them towards the planning binder for our trip in October. I will be sure to take pictures of it as a work in progress and also when it is completed!

has anyone done a planner for Universal that they wouldn't mind sharing?

I would put my WDW and US planning in the same binder. But I just got an idea. Does anyone put their planning onto their smartphone? Most of the info could probably go onto there and the souvenirs and autographs etc could go into a binder?:cool1::artist:

I started my binder a few months ago, but since my trip isn't until next year, it kind of fell on the back burner. Now I have (hopefully) two more trips planned in between that...so I guess its time to fire it up again! Ill post pictures once I make more progress.

Today, I decided I wanted to go solo, so I think im going to take advantage of the AP room discounts and go down at the end of September! That will need a lot of planning as its two months away...so im ready to kick it into high gear!

I am in the preplanning stages of our June 2013 trip. For some odd reason I can not find my old Passporter to obsesse over and until the new ones come out. Then I stumbled on to this thread and oh my.... after a 15~20 minute search through the house, I came up with these items to start my own. Thanks for the great thread!
2012-07-13181505.jpg

Did my cover before the pic above. Finished four pages and now to on to the laundry, lol!

2012-07-13193820.jpg
[/IMG]

2012-07-13193901.jpg

2012-07-13193923.jpg

I just ordered a Binder from Disneystore.com and had our family name printed on it.
It looks GREAT!

I bought the plastic see-thru pockets to put things I print into and dividers at the dollar store.

Many wonderful ideas and books on this thread!!

LuvSnowWhite said:
I would put my WDW and US planning in the same binder. But I just got an idea. Does anyone put their planning onto their smartphone? Most of the info could probably go onto there and the souvenirs and autographs etc could go into a binder?:cool1::artist:

For our recent DLR trip I did all my planning on the laptop then used Evernote to sync the pages to the iPad and iPhone. The iPad stayed in the hotel safe while we were out and I had everything handy on my phone. I had everything on there, from our daily schedule and ADRs to scans of our park tickets and photopass numbers. Any changes and updates could be made on the fly and synced automatically.

I've already started planning for WDW in Sept 2014.

For our recent DLR trip I did all my planning on the laptop then used Evernote to sync the pages to the iPad and iPhone. The iPad stayed in the hotel safe while we were out and I had everything handy on my phone. I had everything on there, from our daily schedule and ADRs to scans of our park tickets and photopass numbers. Any changes and updates could be made on the fly and synced automatically.

I've already started planning for WDW in Sept 2014.

This is the future of Disney Binders! How cool! I wish I had an iPhone:goodvibes

I love seeing how creative everyone is!! :) I've got a mini three ring binder that I love for disney planning, but am afraid to go into the scrapbooking store because I always spend way too much LOL. I've been to Disney enough that I don't need all the planning info- I'm a "wing it" kinda gal- but I love my binder for a centralized place for all the important stuff. My favorite part is having lots of pockets for all the fun stuff I collect along the way :)

I've shared my disney Itinerary Chart (for free) on my site. It's just a one page sheet - you could either add it to your binders, or just fill it out and carry it around by itself (for those of you that want to carry less to the parks). Here's the link: http://www.wdwhints.com/2012/04/using-disney-planning-chart.html

Chart links are at the bottom of the post. There's one filled out (example) and one that's blank - for you to fill out. A few of you might find it useful. :)

I've shared my disney Itinerary Chart (for free) on my site. It's just a one page sheet - you could either add it to your binders, or just fill it out and carry it around by itself (for those of you that want to carry less to the parks). Here's the link: http://www.wdwhints.com/2012/04/using-disney-planning-chart.html

Chart links are at the bottom of the post. There's one filled out (example) and one that's blank - for you to fill out. A few of you might find it useful. :)

Thank you- very cool and very useful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter