My aunt had surgery so I went to Disneyworld. Update 5/23 Final Thoughts

Those candied strawberries looked amazing. I love to walk around the china pavilion, in October Frank and I actually stopped to see the movie and it was very good. Andrew loves those applesauce pouches I buy them at Target all the time for him, they also have other flavors, they are great to throw in your bag because they don't need to be refridgerated.

The strawberries really were good. I have seen the movie but it makes me dizzy so once was enough. I can't watch things like that which is why I don't go on Soarin if I can avoid it.

Nice to know Target has those pouches. They will be great for summer trips with the kids.

MMM, I love the China coke.
You got some great shots around Epcot.
The strawberries looked good, the thing in Japan not so much. :lmao:
Loved the pics, wish I was there right now.

MMM, I love the China coke.
You got some great shots around Epcot.
The strawberries looked good, the thing in Japan not so much. :lmao:
Loved the pics, wish I was there right now.

The China coke is very good. Jim is strange and really likes the Beverly. :confused3

Thanks I was happy with some of my pics.

The strawberries were so good. I know Japan had coconut. I knew that would be an instant no for you but it really didn't taste like coconut and Im sure you could have skipped the toasted sprinkles.

I'm with you, wish I were there now too. You however have an awesome trip come up very soon. I'm jealous.

I know people are reading and I'm thankful but stop in and say Hi! I'm lonely.

As I continue on with Day 2

I had been checking my text messages as I was planning to meet someone today. She was heading to France so that was my destination. When I got there I had just missed Serveur Amuseant, at least I think that is what they are called. I took some pics of Beauty and the Beast

The back of Chips, loved how it actually looked like a cup

Then I finally had a chance to get some with little or no people in front of Belle and Beast. I had nowhere to be and no real plans so I really took my time and waited.

I found a bench and people watched for a minute or two and was joined by Susan, jecskc here on the boards, and her family. She commented on my TR from October about my decorated scooter. She had actually seen it one day and we have chatted since then. I was really happy to finally meet her and her DH and DD. Her DS was there for a minute and off, he had somewhere he wanted to be. Having a teenage grandson I totally understood. I had a wonderful time visiting them and hope we can meet again. Sadly I forgot to take any pictures.

We parted ways and I wondered on where I found some lovely couples ut seem to have only uploaded one

Then I found Pooh and friends

I decided to explore the United Kingdom as it was raining the day before

I loved these teapots

382 by tazdev3225, on Flickr

I knew there was going to be a "surprise" character here today, thanks Scott. I got a pic of him alone and then got in line for my pic with him

We had a staring contest

I was happy and I usually hate my picture taken

one more from the garden

continued in next post

Continued

I had one more stop in WS. I stopped at The Cottage for the Trio of Trifles - Chocolate, Berry and Ginger and Tea, $3.75 and a old Brewed Peach Iced Tea, $2.00.

My least favorite of the trifles was the Ginger and Tea. It was good but just seemed off. I am not a huge fan of raspberries and blackberries but they were very good. The chocolate by far was the best. It was chocolate need I say more. The Iced Tea was perfect. A lovely taste of peach and unsweetened - perfect. I took a pic of the view while I ate

Some more light fixtures

and a bird keeping watch

I moved on and found the Land of OZ.

I have yet to see the movie. Just haven't had any time. There were these beautiful glass poppies

The poppies were hand made of 100's of pieces of hand cut glass and took 4 days to make each flower. I wish I had that talent. They really were so pretty.

Found the Butterfly Tent again and Tink and Periwinkle

Spent more times with the butterflies.

This is a favorite because even though it isn't the clearest pic I got one in flight

A nice waterfall

Know that was a lot of butterflies but I really love getting pics of them

and another monorail shot

I was working my way out and stopped at the Land for a favorite ride. Nope not Soarin, I am probably one of the few people that really dislikes that ride. I went to Living With The Land

This was another sit back and enjoy ride but I had to get this

How pathetic is it that they have to put signs along the ride saying not to touch the sand. There was also an announcement being made almost the entire ride to stay seated. It got to be annoying that people just can't do what they're told. I did see a tour taking place and plan on doing that in December with my husband.

When I exited I saw this

That is insane, over a 2 hour wait for Soarin. Stopped at Innoventions for my free pic

And then

No pics again as I just wanted to enjoy the ride. Picked up my picture and headed out

My mom and aunt wanted me to join them for dinner that night so it was an early day. I was leaving by 4:30 or so. I couldn't find the car when I got off of the tram. Way to many red rental cars. I was leaving later than expected but thought I would be OK. Found the car and the exit. So far so good. Got to I 4 then I 192 then I stopped dead. There was an accident and construction the way I wanted to go. All traffic was being diverted. Called my mom and told her I'd be late. Then I was diverted again. OK this isn't good. Tried to get the navigation to work on the phone. Still won't connect. It's now 45 minutes of barely moving.

Cars were making u-turns across the grass median. I considered it biut was afraid to damage the car. Then I saw a road to the left. OK not sure where it would take me but there was no traffic. I zoomed over and what was there?
I-4!!! Yay I know that one but where did it put me. Right before a toll road that I recognized from a conversation with my aunt. OK not crazy about tolls but I had change. Then I got really nervous. The check engine light had come on in the car. Now what? I decided to drive through to my aunts. Two hours and $4 later I was at my aunts house.

Dinner was at a nearby Red Lobster. My mom and aunt were boring and just had fish. I went for a meal deal that included soup, salad, the entree - coconut and pineapple shrimp, and dessert - a brownie ala mode. The meal was worth it just for the biscuits and even better my mom treated so no cost to me. I was glad I got the deal and the dessert was to go.

When we got back to the house I called roadside assistance about the car. It was a simple fix. The idiot that filled it with gas never put the cap on. It took 2 days but the light did go off. My mom and aunt went back to their Downton Abbey marathon so I wrote down some notes and went to bed by 10. I was bored and that makes me very tired.

With that Day 2 has come to an end.

I would love to wander around Epcot on my own but my family keeps following me. :rotfl2:

I wish I could have seen those glass poppies they are beautiful. Soarin is my favorite Disney ride, I love it and can ride over and over but I would never wait 2 hours for it.

Those red lobster biscuits are the best:thumbsup2

I would love to wander around Epcot on my own but my family keeps following me. :rotfl2:

I wish I could have seen those glass poppies they are beautiful. Soarin is my favorite Disney ride, I love it and can ride over and over but I would never wait 2 hours for it.

Those red lobster biscuits are the best:thumbsup2

Just pretend you don't know them. :rotfl2:

The pictures don't do them justice, the glass poppies really were beautiful. I have gone on Soarin but with my eyes closed. I can't watch any thing that moves like that, even video games. I get sick.

I hadn't been to Red Lobster in years and forgot how good the biscuits were. I told Jim we need to go again just for them.

Still following along and enjoying the wonderful pics. Btw, love those biscuits too!! Thanks for sharing. One of these years I'm going to do a solo trip, I swear I am!:)

Still following along and enjoying the wonderful pics. Btw, love those biscuits too!! Thanks for sharing. One of these years I'm going to do a solo trip, I swear I am!:)

Thanks. Those biscuits are really good. I actually had somebody post the recipe on facebook so I may try and make them if I remember who.

Do a solo trip. As much as I enjoy traveling with friends and family going solo was really fun. I did what I wanted at the pace I wanted.

All of your photos are amazing !!

I loved the poppies, too and considered buying some myself.

Awww .... it was so nice to meet you as well. And we DID take photos !!

Since then, I cut about 8 inches off my hair. It will get hot here soon and it was just too much.

Anyway, it was great to see you that day and I hope to see you again soon !!

Looking forward to seeing more of your amazing photos !!

Susan

All of your photos are amazing !!

I loved the poppies, too and considered buying some myself.

Awww .... it was so nice to meet you as well. And we DID take photos !!

Since then, I cut about 8 inches off my hair. It will get hot here soon and it was just too much.

Anyway, it was great to see you that day and I hope to see you again soon !!

Looking forward to seeing more of your amazing photos !!

Susan

Not the most flattering picture. :lmao:

Wow thats a lot of hair. I have had short hair most of my life. I try and let it grow every few years but it never gets very long til it annoys me and back to short I go.

I hope we can meet again one day. It really was nice spending time with you all and I loved your DD. She reminded me so much of my DGD.

More pics will be coming but probably not til the end of the weekend. I have 4 ball games, church and a birthday party in the next 2 days.

Not the most flattering picture. :lmao:

I think you look great and that you have a wonderful smile.

Wow thats a lot of hair. I have had short hair most of my life. I try and let it grow every few years but it never gets very long til it annoys me and back to short I go.

I know it. I had an appointment to get it cut last summer, but then I got hurt and I cancelled it. So it had been a LONG time since I had done anything with it. I am happy to have it gone. It isn't super short. It is right at my shoulders. So much easier to take care of.

I hope we can meet again one day. It really was nice spending time with you all and I loved your DD. She reminded me so much of my DGD.

Our paths are bound to cross again. We will make it happen.

More pics will be coming but probably not til the end of the weekend. I have 4 ball games, church and a birthday party in the next 2 days.

Sounds like a great weekend, though. Full of love and family as it should be. This weekend is a rare one where we don't have much planned and I hope to be able to sleep in some and catch up on some housework. Enjoy your weekend !!!

Sounds like a great weekend, though. Full of love and family as it should be. This weekend is a rare one where we don't have much planned and I hope to be able to sleep in some and catch up on some housework. Enjoy your weekend !!!

It was a great weekend for the most part. My grandson's team was crushed, AGAIN, on friday night. It was 17 to 0 at the end of the first inning. There are quite a few parents and coaches really angry at how the organization did the teams this year. Two were stacked with the best players and the rest got one or 2 to make it look good. My DGS was actually chosen to be on the number 1 team and opted out. He knew his coach last year needed the help. I am so proud of him. He is only 14 so winning means a lot but helping the team meant more to him.

Saturday the other team "accidentally" soaked the field an hour before the game. I saw my "3" youngest grandsons get to play and they got hits and scored a run so that was great, technically one DGS is only my oldestr DGS's brother but he considers me to be grandmom too. Made it to my nephew's birthday and got to spend time with my brothers so that was really nice. Even managed to see my DGD play saturday night. Sunday was church for the first time in over a month since there wasn't a game scheduled and the 3 younger boys had a game. It was a busy weekend but it ended well with DH treating me to dinner and we talked about our trip in December so even got a little Disney in too. :rotfl2:

Update will be coming later today.

Day 3 begins really early again. Since I was going to bed by 10 I was getting up by 7 AM. I had coffee and the Brownie from my dessert the night before for breakfast. We looked for the armadillo spotted the day before but he never showed up again. I took some pics of the view from my aunt's patio.

Her property goes to the edge of the bushes. The view is gorgeous. We also watched the sunset the first night. It really was beautiful just sitting in her living room looking out. My mom and aunt had plans to go somewhere that day so I was on my way by 8:45. I tried to take the shortcut my aunt told me about and passed this

The picture doesn't do the lake justice but it was a real quick shot while I slowed down. I know I was driving but I was amazed that the picture even came out when I checked later. The shortcut wasn't one as I got lost again. I did find the road I wanted and was on my way rather quickly. I think I can drive Central FLorida with no problem now. I found the entrance to WDW and saw this again

My park today? EPCOT again. I really planned this trip more than anything for the F&G Festival and I still had things to see. I was in the park before 10 so I was happy. I took a couple of pics at the entrance and then the fountain

My plan today was to head over to TT for a FP. The stand-by line was at 30 minutes. I got into the single rider line at

Took a few pics along the way

I was amazed watching a woman in front of me knitting to pass the time. I was at the front of the line by

I was in line 31 minutes so stand-by or single rider had the same wait. I took one pic and WS is just visible

and the ride pic, I'm in the middle in the back row

I like the ride outside. I love zipping around. I just don't like the feel of the way they redid it. I loved the total test feel that it used to have. I will still ride it but it just isn't the same.

After my need for speed was taken care of I headed over to the Festival Center. On the way I took some pics. Another monorail shot

The Fab 5 topiaries

Found my destination

I miss the old Wonders of Life pavilion that used to be here. I could still remember the old attractions as I wondered around. I like the center better for F&W. just seemed as though there was more there. I took a pic of a unique view, looking out

Watched some ducklings swim around

Dad got ready to take a nap

Got a butterfly in flight, the orange shape on the rock to the left

And another monorail shot

Headed towards Mission Space and found Buzz Lightyear but skipped the ride

Stayed tuned for more. These will be picture heavy updates.

I love the topiaries they are so pretty. I can't wait till August to try the new Test Track.

I left off skipping Mission Space. The ride is OK but I really wasn't in the mood for it. I found Radiator Springs. The play area seemed like it was fun for the little ones but I bypassed it. I did get pics of the stars of the show

Another monorail pic. I just wasn't getting the nice reflection I wanted as it was breezy and caused movement in the water

And I found the butterflies again

There were cute little bird houses in the trees

And butterflies. They were really active this morning so I spent some time here getting pictures again. The one thing that was great about being solo was that I could spend all the time I wanted in here.
Two in one Monarch and a Queen

This little guy kept landing on Fawn's face, I believe it is a Julia

A Queen

Great Southern White

One of the best pictures I got that day - A Zebra Longwing, Common Buckeye, Julia and Queen

Common Buckeye

and a Giant Swallowtail

Happy with my pictures I headed out and got another monorail shot

And I was headed to a sentimental favorite

This was my son's favorite ride as a little boy, he still likes Figment, so I like to think back to those days while I ride and see his excited little face. I didn't try for any pics til the ride stopped and I finally got a decent picture of Figment

After Figment I headed to the WS. So I will continue on in the next update.

I know people are reading. Hope you are enjoying my trip.

When I left off I was heading towards the WS. I chose to go towards Canada this time. I wandered around and took pics.

Canada

The woman on the bench sat there for the longest time waiting for hewr BF? DH? to set up the shot and take a picture.

Loved the view

I was getting hungry and thankfully remembered my gift card this day. The day before I left it in the car. I stopped at the Cottage again and opted for Waterkist Farms Heirloom Tomatoes with house made Mozzarella Minus 8 vinegar and Basil, $3.50.

The onions weren't mentioned on the menu so I was surprised by them. Thiis was very good and the onions went well with the tomatoes and mozzarella I just think they could have been sliced a little thinner. I also got the Mixed Berry Iced Tea - $2.00. This was just as good as the other tea.

I skipped the United Kingdom as I accomplished my goals there the day before. I took pics here and there along the way until I arrived at L'Orangerie. I wasn't sure at first glance if I wanted anything and then opted to try - Tarte a la Ratatouille et fromage de chevre (Zucchini, eggplant, bell peppers, onions and tomato tart with goat cheese), $4.50.

I didn't really read the description because I was not expecting something that looked like a veggie pizza. It was very good and the crust was extremely flaky. My only complaint is that it really could have used some more vegetables on it. I sat down to eat so I could rest my ankle and took a couple of pics.
My view

After relaxing for a bit I moved on and came upon the Backyard Garden. I may try and make this guy when I landscape my backyard

Loved the use of the children's toys

Now I know what to do with my old crocs

Loved the recycled birdhouses and feeders, what a great way to reuse containers

This drum was so colorful

I loved the whole little area here. My only complaint was one woman letting her son climb all over the displays. She kept commenting to her companion how cute it was that he was playing with everything. I felt like yeling at her that it wasn't cute and people work very hard on these displays. Take him to the play area. I was good though. I just shook my head and moved on. Some people just don't get it.

Where did I go next? Stay tuned.

OK we are ready to travel on.

After the garden I moved on to Morocco and explored a bit. Some pics

Light fixtures

I always took my kids pics by this fountain when they were younger

Look up

Scott's camel

Another fountain and light fixture

I found out from ScottNY that I have missed a little museum on all my previous trips. I honestly thought the doors were false and ignored it. If you've never taken the time to go in you should. A few pics from there

Saw these and thought they were interesting. They were made from seeds, leaves and spices

I decided to try something from Taste of Marrakesh. My choice - Bhagrir (Moroccan pancake with Honey, Almonds and Argan oil), $3.00.

This was OK. The pancakes were very dry and could have used more honey or something. They only sprinkled one of the two pancakes and it really needed something. I'll stick to Baklava next time.

Next up - Japan.
A Bonsai

Light fixture

As far in as I traveled

Saltwood: aged 70 years, 30 years in training

Paper Flowers: aged 35 years, 6 years in training

Green Island Ficus: aged 50 years, 20 years in training

The Bonsai fascinate me. That someone can take the time to train these plants to grow in such a specific way is amazing. I'm lucky when I don't kill my plants.

Picture limit so more to come

That pancake does look good, too bad it was dry, I love baklava. Those bonsai's are so pretty.

After Japan I decided to head to the America pavilion and saw that Spirit of America was starting in a few minutes. I have missed this my last few trips and since my ankle was throbbing I figured it would be a nice way to sit and relax. I caught the tail end of Voices of Liberty

No pics and I enjoyed what I saw of the show. I have a slight problem with the inside in AC dark shows. I fall asleep so I missed a little history.

The show over I found Woody

And I was being pulled further in by some amazing smells. I love barbecue. My son has become quite the grill artist at home. I had to try the Smokehouse Barbecue and Brews. OK I didn't try the brews. I had to drive home later and willl not drink if I am driving, lost a friend to a drunk driver years ago.

Smoked Beef Brisket with Collard greens and Jalapeno Cornbread, $6.75.

Pulled Pig Slider with Cole Slaw, $5.50.

The Rocky Road Brownie Mousse, $3.00.

The brisket was good but was a very thick slab of meat. That made it a little tough. The collard greens were very good but the cornbread was dry.

The pulled pig slider had a great taste and went really well with the cole slaw which had more of a vinegar taste to it as opposed to creamy. I don't normally eat bread so no opinion on the bun.

The Brownie Mousse was chocolate heaven. It wasn't overly sweet which I did like. Overall a good meal.

Found Lottso

Lady and the Tramp over by Italy. Lady did not look like a happy pup.

Then one of my favorites by Germany - Grumpy joined by the other dwarves and Snow White

Dopey

Sneezy

Happy?

Sleepy

Bashful?

My favorite - Grumpy

Doc

And Snow White

Checked out the train display. I love the attention to details. Even miniature topiaries

I liked this shirt but wasn't crazy about the color so I didn't get it. I should have

I actually have a very similar bowl that I inherited from a friend that's over 100 years old

Loved the castle but $6800 WOW!!!

Should have gotten this for my dad. He goes to Oktoberfest every year and they sing this song A LOT!!!

Plan on getting these in December since I'm driving.

I had fun wandering the stores in Germany and window shopping. I really didn't buy anything this trip but I have plans for December. DH can get some of my presents there for Christmas. We are driving so no luggage issues.

Will take a break here. More to come.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter