My 4th Dis Diva Girls Trip was GREAT!! Completed 3/29

After the Scavenger Hunt Awards was done, I invited Michelle (zoemakes5), Chris, Trudi & Sarah to join me in using the Radiator Springs Racers Fastpasses that Kris had given me earlier in the day. Jen ended up alone & so we invited her to go with us. We weren't sure we'd be able to sneak her through since there were now 6 of us and only 5 passes but we thought we'd at least try. We stopped for a Photopass picture and then headed in.

We showed our FP's to the CM and they let us through (first stop cleared).

Thank you Trudi for the last 2 pics!!

Then we got up to the next set of CM's who collect the FP's and they let us through! (woo hoo) We took our ride & these photos are from on the ride.

I love this photo!!

Here we are.....I will post the Photopass picture later in the report.

After the ride, everyone went their own way but Michelle & I headed towards the Hollywood Backlot area to see if you could still do the Disney Visa picture. It was closed but no hours were posted. We did a little browsing in the shops and then went back to the motel to drop off stuff. Michelle was going to the BBQ with the Diva's and I had no dinner plans. She headed back to Disneyland and I stayed behind and called home. After my call I went to Disneyland with no real plans but soon got anxious with the crowds and jumped on the train in New Orlean's Square to ride back to the entrance so I could leave. I took these while on the train.

I did see Bernice & her sister, Brenda at the Tomorrowland Station but the train was full so they weren't able to get on. Finished up the train ride to Main Street.....the dinosaur exhibit was closed.

I left the park and went to Ihop on Harbor for some dinner. I then looked around a couple gift shops at the neighboring motels. I went back to the motel to call it a night. I did get up & go outside to watch the fireworks from the sidewalk. Super short show!

Last edited:
Saturday, February 28:

Slept in this morning and headed to DCA around 9:15am. I was going to the Guest Services to pick up my tour ticket for the Disney's California Tour. I would be joining some of the Diva's for this new tour.

We were led to a comfy little room to wait for the tour, get our name tags, put in our lunch order and then watch a short little film. The other Diva's on this tour were Bridget, Lisa, Linda, Tammy, Wendy, Jane, Kandace, Michaele, Melody, Sarah, Sarah's mom & sister and then another mom & daughter not in our Diva group. This was our tour guide. He was very good & knowledgeable.

We started out on Buena Vista Street and the history of Walt's story as he came to California.

At Carthay Circle, there is a private club called 1901. We were able to go inside and look around & learn more history by looking at pictures and items that were on display. Unfortunately, we were NOT able to take any pictures inside......bummer.

These pictures I took as we listened to our guide.

Our tour guide talked about Soarin' (which was down but if I understood correctly, they usually took this tour for a ride on Soarin'), Grizzly Peak & the Wharf area before leading us towards the Redwoods area for a bathroom break.

The next area we were going to visit was the Pier area.

We asked the guide if we could stop to do a Photopass picture.

We walked down towards Toy Story Midway Mania and found out that we would be taking a ride!! I ended up riding with our guide. He kicked my booty!

We left the Pier, cut through the Wharf area and into CarsLand (behind Flo's V-8 Diner). The guide shared information about CarsLand and the Movie Cars.

So how do you get 13 Divas to yell in excitement??? Tell them they are getting to ride Radiator Springs Racers!! We went in through exit and led right up on the loading platform. I rode with Tammy & Wendy and also Sarah, her mom & her sister.

Here's a pic of our ride (Photopass pic to come later).
Good thing I took this picture, when I gave the CM my Photopass Card (it was in a plastic sleeve on my lanyard) she questioned if it actually was a Photopass+ Card. I said it was & she "pretended to add it to my card" but I was pretty sure she hadn't done a thing......and I was right! Got home & looked at my pics and the only one missing was this one.

We next headed through BugsLand and into the Hollywood Backlot area. We went into the Animation Building and to the Animation Academy to test our drawing skills.

We got to draw Marshmallow Man from Frozen. This was my attempt at it. I wasn't happy with it (and I usually am) and so it didn't make the trip home.

We talked a little more about the Backlot area, including the Hyperion Theater.

We went inside Carthay Circle Restaurant Lobby area to hear about the history it represented in Walt's story.

Our tour had come to an end. We were led to the Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Café for our tour lunch. Our tables were reserved and our meals were waiting for us.

I had the turkey sandwich (no bread) with fruit and a sugar cookie.

As we finished our meal, our guide came around and presented us with our exclusive tour pin. The round piece turns to show 4 iconic things in DCA~~Carthay Circle Restaurant, Cadillac Ranch (CarsLand mountains), Grizzly Peak & Paradise Pier.

Nice update. Was waiting to hear how the tour was. I want to do the Walk in Walt's footsteps again since they added the apt. We did it once years ago but I am sure it has changed but I also want to do this one. Hopefully this stays for a bit because I have to wait till it is just mom and I. Took expensive to take the kiddos but looks fun. Love the pin!!

Nice update. Was waiting to hear how the tour was. I want to do the Walk in Walt's footsteps again since they added the apt. We did it once years ago but I am sure it has changed but I also want to do this one. Hopefully this stays for a bit because I have to wait till it is just mom and I. Took expensive to take the kiddos but looks fun. Love the pin!!

Loved the tour but bad news on the WiWF tour.....the apartment is no longer a part of the tour. I missed out on it as well.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter