My 4th Dis Diva Girls Trip was GREAT!! Completed 3/29

Friday, February 27:
Up at 6:30, we have a breakfast reservation with a few of the Divas at the Disneyland Hotel. We had to set an early breakfast because we have a group pic at 9:45 and then the Scavenger Hunt. Michelle & I walked through a very quiet esplanade & DTD to the Disneyland Hotel.

We are going to have breakfast at Steakhouse 55. This is a first time for me.

We were meeting Patty, Tracey, Shelli, Lynn & Carrie to join us. Here we are!!

I ordered the Gluten Free Mickey Waffle. Oh my goodness.......YUM!! Found my breakfast item at Disneyland from now on!!

I was joining Tracey and her family on their scavenger hunt team. We are wearing Tinkerbell shirts.....which I didn't have, so I excused myself from breakfast to make a mad dash to the World of Disney store to find one and I would meet back up with everyone at the group picture. I did find a light weight pullover sweatshirt with Tink on the front & "SPOILED" and "53" on the back. I'm guessing that 1953 was when Tinkerbell made her first appearance. I love it because I will turn 53 this fall and so the shirt is very fitting.....lol

I headed into California Adventure, changed my shirts, got a small locker & headed towards the WOC viewing area to meeting up with the Divas for the group picture. While standing there, Trudi came up & we did a Photopass picture together. This is from her camera.

I also ran into a fellow Disboards friend, Kris, who was there with her family. A couple years ago, we met in person at the PPH. She had some clothes her daughters had outgrown and she brought us a huge duffel full of clothes. It was so appreciated and since we were driving, we were able to take it home with out much trouble. They had fastpasses for Radiator Springs Racers for the afternoon (after the hunt & results) that they wouldn't be able to use, so she asked if I would be interested in them......well YEAH!!! She gave me 5 of them & I would figure out who to take after the hunt. Thanks again Kris!!!!

Since we still had time before the picture, Michelle, Trudi & I decided to ride the Little Mermaid ride.

We did the group photo (which I thought I had a copy of but can't locate it) and then headed down to the tables down in the Garden Grill area to take team photos & get instructions from the committee on how the Scavenger Hunt would go. I was teamed up with Tracey and her family~~Shelli, Lynn, Carrie & Karen. Teams are usually 3-4 but she had lost family members and picked me up and then the family members I believe decided to go after all. So our team had 6. Some might think that would be an advantage......but it really wasn't in our case.....lol Our team was the Tottering Tinks.

Here are the other teams as they prepared for the hunt.

The Scavenger Hunt Committee.

These pictures were taken while we were on the hunt. Our team decided to just do this for fun. First thing we did was stop so the ones that didn't join us for breakfast could get a cinnamon roll at the Pacific Wharf. A couple people did want to try, so we sat at the tables and worked on trivia, coloring & puzzle. We next headed through CarsLand to get to BugsLand. We had a couple questions to look for, so we stopped here. Next we went into Hollywood Land and as part of the team were doing a game of "Telephone" (as part of the hunt).....I spotted Frozone and got his picture from across the street.

We headed to Buena Vista Street and got to see the NewsBoys and Mickey riding on the Red Trolley.

Next we decided to stop into Carthay Circle Lounge for a "refreshment". Just what the doctor ordered.....lol After our drink, we headed to the Little Mermaid ride. We had a few questions and it was a fun ride.

We went towards the Pier and realized time was nearly up, so we headed back to the Garden Grill area to turn in our packet. The committee would take a bit to check over all the packets and then score them. We took this opportunity to pick up some lunch. My team, after they ate, decided to head back to the GCH and so I stayed to represent our team when they announced the winners. They had an award for the 1st place team, Best Costumed Team, Best Song & Last Place Team. Guess what.......My team took last.....the sad part of this is......we actually tried (well for most of it). This was our prize.....a Muppets necklace....I chose Animal (since I was there to do so.....lol). I love it!!

Cute Outfits!! Yes, I do qualify. I have never been told that when it comes to characters

Just check in with the CM when you first get there to see if there is something they can do to accommodate the DAS card. You may need to add it at one of the kiosks to your card (or now your park ticket or pass) for a return time.

I like the necklace. Anyway, the DAS at Disneyland Paris was a kind of nightmare. We had to get doctors letters and there, only 1 other person (that's right 1 :scared1:) could go with you on the card. So we had to get one for my sister because at the time, she was easily fatigued and stuff. I love how you dress the twins the same sometimes.

Last edited:
I like the necklace. Anyway, the DAS at Disneyland Paris was a kind of nightmare. We had to get doctors letters and there, only 1 other person (that's right 1 :scared1:) could go with you on the card. So we had to get one for my sister because at the time, she was easily fatigued and stuff. I love how you dress the twins the same sometimes.

I'm pretty sure one of the divas made the necklaces...they were cute!!

Wow, I don't see me going to Paris....but that's good to know. What a bummer!!

Nice updates. I so miss the scavy hunt and really pray that we can make it happen in 17. I feel SO out of the loop. The year we last went was the last time the meet and greet was at the carousel so I haven't experienced PPH yet and just really missing it and everyone and there are so many new people I think by the time we go back I will feel like a newbie LOL. But anyway great updates and I am glad I checked because I never get emails that you updated it so I was behind quite a bit. But loving it so far!!

Nice updates. I so miss the scavy hunt and really pray that we can make it happen in 17. I feel SO out of the loop. The year we last went was the last time the meet and greet was at the carousel so I haven't experienced PPH yet and just really missing it and everyone and there are so many new people I think by the time we go back I will feel like a newbie LOL. But anyway great updates and I am glad I checked because I never get emails that you updated it so I was behind quite a bit. But loving it so far!!

The hunt was fun.....especially with a team that was strictly out there for fun. Stopping for a drink in the middle of it was a bonus!! :drinking1

There were lots of new faces for me since I missed last year & didn't really do a lot the last time I went. Really had a fun time this trip!!

The PPH for the Meet-n-Greet was nice....lots of room to move around & the meal was nice. Time to sit & chat with your table mates.

Wow! I leave town for a week and you wrote practically a whole trip report! Looks like a fun trip. Maybe some year I will have to convince DH that I deserve a Diva trip, i.e. meeting some more crazy (for) Disney people like myself.

PHXscuba

Wow! I leave town for a week and you wrote practically a whole trip report! Looks like a fun trip. Maybe some year I will have to convince DH that I deserve a Diva trip, i.e. meeting some more crazy (for) Disney people like myself.

PHXscuba

LOL......I'm at about the halfway mark. Hoping to update again tomorrow. Today is just nutty!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter