My 4th Dis Diva Girls Trip was GREAT!! Completed 3/29

I'm glad to hear Nick is taking care of the kids while you're gone. Do you know when youll be getting the twins sister?

My best guess (which could be totally off) is sometime in April. They are trying to expedite this so we will see what that means in time.

Got my Disney Nails done this morning & now off to pack!!

I decided not to go with the Mickey or Minnie red, black, yellow, polka dots, bows, etc......I see this a lot......I went with Mickey balloons!! There are 10 of them......one for each person I'm leaving back home.

So I'm leaving in the morning and won't be back until late Sunday. Since I'm not taking my laptop this trip, I probably won't be back on the DIS until Monday. It is possible I might check in sometime from my phone but I won't be able to post pics.

Well it's Diva 2015 report time!!

The majority of these pictures I took either on my phone or camera, but I did borrow some from other Diva's because it may have been their camera or phone that was used for a group shot or the picture had me in it instead of being behind my camera. Hope you enjoy this picture heavy report!!

Wednesday, February 25:

Up about 5:30am to get showered, dressed, double check that I have everything, kiss all the kids & then head out towards Portland & the airport. We were out of the house around 7am. We hit a little bit of traffic as neared Portland but luckily we were getting off I-5 and there seemed to be a possible accident causing the back up. Traffic really wasn't too bad considering we were traveling through the 8-9am time during the week. Mike got me to the airport just before 9am. I got my suitcase & backpack, said goodbye to Mike and got in the curbside check-in to check my suitcase.

I headed inside to get in the security check line & couldn't believe I almost walked straight through with very little wait. They do the "stand in here with your arms above your head" scan. I got stopped and asked if I had something in my pants pocket (which I didn't) and the TSA agent said, well let's re-scan you to see if we can avoid a search! :crazy2: Luckily, this time it was all clear (except for a spot on my shoulder, which always shows up......never had surgery, so not sure why).....but I'll take it. They can touch my shoulder but they aren't going to touch me anywhere else!

I take the long walk to my gate and find a comfy seat to hold down for the next hour & a half +. I was flying Southwest & had purchased the early check-in/boarding. I was in the A group and lined up & boarded about 10:45. This is from my seat as we sat at our gate.

This was taken as we were leaving Portland.......Goodbye Oregon!

I loved seeing Mt Hood above the clouds.

Smooth flight down to Sacramento. This is as we were coming into Sac.

We had started our decent when we started to go back up. Pilot comes on and says we are going to have to circle as there was a small Cesna on the runway with a flat tire and they needed to get it moved so we could land.

We landed and I headed to the connecting gate to meet up with fellow Diva~~Jodi!! Our flight to Orange County was at 1:10, so there wasn't a lot of time between my 2 flights. I had A group seating again, so I saved a spot for Jodi who was further back.

Jodi & I:

It was great having someone to talk to for the 2nd part of the trip!!

As we were nearing the LA area, a few pictures from above.

We've landed in beautiful Orange County/Santa Ana!!

We got off the plane and made our way down to baggage claim to get our suitcases. Mine came off right at the beginning (which never happens)! We then drug our suitcases as we made the long walk to the shuttle/bus/taxi area. We both had made reservations for the Super Shuttle, so we checked in & got in the van. There was one guy already on board. We waited for about 10 minutes and then they closed the doors & we were on our way!

Leaving Santa Ana:

Look what I spy!!

I was the first one dropped off. I was staying at the BW Park Place Inn across from Disneyland on Harbor Blvd. I said goodbye to Jodi, who I would see a little later for our shopping & dinner.

After getting checked in, I got to my room to drop off my stuff & get a few pictures of the room.

The showerhead was actually up high enough to not smack my head or have to kneel under it!!

I took off at a quick walk to make it to CarsLand for the first group photo of the trip. It was 3:45 and the picture was at 4pm. I made it through security and the gates of DCA pretty quickly and hoofed it to CarsLand looking for the lime green shirts. I found a group of them over by Flo's Cafe. They were looking for a Photopass Photographer to follow us to the archway into CarsLand from the Pacific Wharf area. We found one & headed over to meet up with all the other ladies waiting. I can't tell you how good everyone was making me feel by noticing my weight loss! Thank you Diva's for giving my confidence a massive boost! We did our picture (which you will see once I get my Photopass pictures in......I guess we didn't use anyone's phone or camera to take a picture) and then headed towards Mater's Junkyard Jamboree for a group ride.

One of our mother~daughter sets! (Heather & Emma)

After the ride, I went with Cynthia, Nicole & Julie and headed to the lobby of the Grand Californian Hotel to meet back up with Jodi. We were just one of the many groups that were carpooling over to Company D (which is the cast member store) for a fun shopping trip courtesy of our own CM Diva, Jill. After shopping, I had 6 free meal vouchers for In & Out. If you read my Road Trip report from the summer, you will remember that our experience at the In & Out at Pier 39 in San Francisco was a nightmare. So I was able to treat Cynthia, Nicole, Julie, Jodi, Angie (who is their roommate but didn't go to Company D) and myself to dinner. We got it to go & I had Cynthia drop me off at my motel (they were all staying at the Grand).

After dinner, I walked back over to the Disneyland Hotel to meet up with the Divas at Trader Sams.

A few ladies were there finishing their dinners. I sat and chatted with Ruth, Alison & Maureen (Maureen came all the way from Australia to join the Divas). I ran over to the gift shop at the DLH (it's my favorite for some reason) and I picked up the rest of my Gift Exchange items for the Meet-n-Greet and new phone cases. I got Tyler a Haunted Mansion one that glows in the dark and I got this one!!

I went back to Trader Sam's.

I joined the Divas over by the outdoor fireplace for drinks & chit-chat. I got the Rosarita Margarita. This is what an $11 drink looks like (then add tax & tip). Well I know I got my fair share of alcohol......STRONG! One was plenty.

Here's a picture taken by Capri of the group at Trader Sam's.

I had a nice talk with Pam
(another Pacific NW Diva & mom to a son on the autism spectrum) and then we walked through DTD and continued the conversation until she had to veer off to the GCH. I headed back over to my motel and called it a night.

The flight pictures are good!! I have never flown into Orange County before but those are some good pics of the LA Area. My dad has airmiles on Southwest so we flew that to WDW where we had to stop in Phoenix.

The flight pictures are good!! I have never flown into Orange County before but those are some good pics of the LA Area. My dad has airmiles on Southwest so we flew that to WDW where we had to stop in Phoenix.

We took SW to WDW when it was just Mike & I in October 2013. We are currently watching prices for them & JetBlue for our August trip. We're thinking that flying to Orlando at night (so the kids can sleep with some "help") might be easier on them for their first time flying. But we're not sure yet.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the DLH store!!

I always tell people it's the "Secret Shop"! Do you remember when it was the actual Gift Shop in the DLH, not that sundries store that's there now?

Glad to see you found some cute stuff. You DIVA Ladies look like you have fun. :love:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the DLH store!!

I always tell people it's the "Secret Shop"! Do you remember when it was the actual Gift Shop in the DLH, not that sundries store that's there now?

Glad to see you found some cute stuff. You DIVA Ladies look like you have fun. :love:

There is just something about that store & what they carry that I always spend a pretty penny! How long ago did it change? The first time I was there was in 2005 & I kinda thought it was about the same. They have 2 shops, one with sundries & newspapers/magazines and such and then the Fantasia Gift Shop. If I'm on that end of DTD or going to the DLH for a meal, I always make time to go in there.

It was a very fun Diva trip!! Always looking for new Diva's.......just sayin' :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter