• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My 4th Dis Diva Girls Trip was GREAT!! Completed 3/29

You are going to have such a fantastic time!

(PS- I think we are going to do a road-trip down near the end of August!!)

Getting excited for you!! I wanted to let you know that with the girls passes at WDW, you, Mike, or Derek will need to go to EACH RIDE ENTRANCE to get the times. I'm sure that Derek is looking forward to being your tour guide

This is a sure sign that you aren't feeling good. No Laurie on here for days. :sick: :daisy:

It looks fun! Especially the tour of DCA. Very cool! I can hardly wait to hear all about it!

I'm looking forward to the tour!

Loving all the changes to your trip and I am sure you are glad to do the scavy hunt. That is one of mom and I's fave parts. I know you are sad about Derek but hopefully the time will go fast and he will have a good time! Yes it is a bummer about the 60th. I know they have some limited Edition pins already. I am sure I will get whatever one is there when I go and hope they aren't sold out! So far it doesn't seem like THAT much stuff. I am anxious to see the new fireworks and WOC and possibly the parade but I guess I was so used to all the stuff they did for the 50th I was thinking it might be like that but then again 50 was a BIG one and so they probably won't do something huge like that till 100 which who knows if I will even be around then LOL. Still looking forward to it though and it does stink that so much will be down when you guys go!

As for us since last I wrote we have booked our hotels for June. We are staying in one on Shelter Island in SD. We stayed there when we went in 12 and while not at the same hotel hopefully it will be nice. We are doing a day at Seaworld and a day at the Wild Animal Park. I have only been once years ago so looking forward to that again. We also plan to meet up with my cousins that live there and possibly one of my old friends from college. Then we head up to Disney for 4 days and our last day we are going to do the Getty and maybe some other stuff we missed in November. I'm so anxious to go. We also booked our timeshare for DW for next June of 16 and instead of Vegas at Thanksgiving we are going to use our other week for mom and I hopefully. We have to call RCI back and make sure we can book midweek because for her and I's solo trip we want to go on a wed and leave the following Thurs and usually timeshares are Sat to Sat. We are going either way but may not use the timeshare and if that is the case we may stay onsite. We are buying AP's and the Table in Wonderland card vs doing the dinning plan and hope to have 1 if not 2 days at Food and wine. We are also hopefully going to do the Keys to the Kingdom tour which I have always wanted to do.

I am glad you are doing the new DCA tour. I really am curious about that and will be anxious to hear how it is as I may want to do that one. Mom an I were thinking about doing Walk in Walt's Footsteps again eventually since they now let you go in the apt.

So excited for the diva trip to see and hear what all you do! Getting close!!! :)

Yay for your June trip!! Sounds like fun!!

Great PTR! I am looking forward to more. I, too, am bummed about Michele not going. I was looking forward to meeting her. :sad1:

Only 23 more days!

It will be good seeing you!!! ......and yes, bummer about Michele!

Exactly! I have been an annual passholder for a long time. I know the Disney Cruises already do something like that for Castaway Club members (their club for returning cruisers)

I feel empty not having an AP! I don't live anywhere near by.....but still love having it!

You are going to have such a fantastic time!

(PS- I think we are going to do a road-trip down near the end of August!!)

Yay for road trips!!

Getting excited for you!! I wanted to let you know that with the girls passes at WDW, you, Mike, or Derek will need to go to EACH RIDE ENTRANCE to get the times. I'm sure that Derek is looking forward to being your tour guide

Ok, thanks Kaitlin!!!
This is a sure sign that you aren't feeling good. No Laurie on here for days. :sick: :daisy:

Still feeling blah but I'm also having trouble warming up to the new Dis. Not looking forward to figuring this out to actually post pics and such.

Laurie, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised once you get used to it. I've found that I really do like it!

Good to see you on here. I agree with Michele I figured you must be pretty sick to not be on this close to the trip. I sure hope you feel great once the trip comes!! I am not that used to this new format either but hopefully it is not too bad. I was talking to mom yesterday because we are still trying to sort out our DW trips for next year. Not sure what the best and cheapest way to go is. We are thinking AP's would be good because we get the parking discounts and wouldn't have to buy tickets for our Nov trip but mom really loved the free dinning when we went in 10 and was hoping we might get it for next year but I told her I still think it would be cheaper to stay in our timeshare rather than pay for a room and I don't think we could eat that much food LOL. So we are working through the kinks. I was also talking to her about the Diva trip and missing it so bad. 17 is the earliest we could go but with 2 DW trips in 16 esp one in November and then hopefully taking our NY trip the summer of 17 I don't know if it will be in the cards. I can't believe it has been so long since we have gone and if and when we ever get back I don't know that I would even recognize anyone LOL. I hate to admit it but it was a lot easier to go back in the old days when it was at the hojo. You could add people to the trip practically at the last min and the meet and greet was only like 10 bucks. You didn't have to pay for the meals. All that stuff adds up and when you have other big trips makes it tough. Oh well I know SOMEDAY I will get back LOL. Anywho hope you are feeling a little better and hope to see you back posting soon. All of us who live vicariously can't wait ;)

I actually plan on being there for the day on February 28, totally unrelated! I'll look out for the group of you ladies...

I didn't know that about SW.....of course, they run those awesome deals.....but never the Portland to Santa Ana flight.

Have fun!!! Earl of Sandwich......yum!! I'll have to figure out what I can eat when I go in February. I've pretty much given up gluten and I don't have stomach problems any more (I've also lost weight). Hope the weather stays nice while you are down there Beth!

:sad1: I'm sorry hubby doesn't get to stay longer...........
Got home last week. I had a wonderful month in Florida, spent a lot of quality time with Mom. Although I missed my family, I never would get time together with her here. The weather was cool while there. The last weekend I went to WDW with my two girls, my sister and some friends. We had the best time. The girls flights home were cancelled, they got an extra two days there. One daughter and my grandson ended up getting on my flight.

So I get home to lots of snow. Three feet already on the ground, we got another foot last Monday. Another storm is coming tomorrow into Sunday morning. We are right on the line...Massachusetts has blizzard warnings while Rhode Island is under winter storm warnings. I literally live a stone's throw from the Massachusetts border. All this snow coming and our snow blower is in the shop.

I am so ready to go back to Florida!

Laurie, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised once you get used to it. I've found that I really do like it!

I'm slowly figuring it out, but it's a lot harder for me to clearly see things (and I'm not getting notifications like before)

Good to see you on here. I agree with Michele I figured you must be pretty sick to not be on this close to the trip. I sure hope you feel great once the trip comes!! I am not that used to this new format either but hopefully it is not too bad. I was talking to mom yesterday because we are still trying to sort out our DW trips for next year. Not sure what the best and cheapest way to go is. We are thinking AP's would be good because we get the parking discounts and wouldn't have to buy tickets for our Nov trip but mom really loved the free dinning when we went in 10 and was hoping we might get it for next year but I told her I still think it would be cheaper to stay in our timeshare rather than pay for a room and I don't think we could eat that much food LOL. So we are working through the kinks. I was also talking to her about the Diva trip and missing it so bad. 17 is the earliest we could go but with 2 DW trips in 16 esp one in November and then hopefully taking our NY trip the summer of 17 I don't know if it will be in the cards. I can't believe it has been so long since we have gone and if and when we ever get back I don't know that I would even recognize anyone LOL. I hate to admit it but it was a lot easier to go back in the old days when it was at the hojo. You could add people to the trip practically at the last min and the meet and greet was only like 10 bucks. You didn't have to pay for the meals. All that stuff adds up and when you have other big trips makes it tough. Oh well I know SOMEDAY I will get back LOL. Anywho hope you are feeling a little better and hope to see you back posting soon. All of us who live vicariously can't wait ;)

I was pretty sick.......feeling better now. Hard to believe I'm 10 days away from this trip!! Not much has changed since I updated other than I canceled my Fantasmic dinner reservation at River Belle Terrace. I'm gonna try & hook up with the ladies down at Trader Sam's instead!!!

I actually plan on being there for the day on February 28, totally unrelated! I'll look out for the group of you ladies...

Cool!!!

I hope Derek made it there okay

Derek made it there & got out of here before the entire house came down with Influenza B. He's back to doing the boat captain for DTD until both water parks reopen in March. Then he will be working as a LifeGuard at Typhoon Lagoon. He tested and will be working "deep water" which he guesses is the wave pool area.

Got home last week. I had a wonderful month in Florida, spent a lot of quality time with Mom. Although I missed my family, I never would get time together with her here. The weather was cool while there. The last weekend I went to WDW with my two girls, my sister and some friends. We had the best time. The girls flights home were cancelled, they got an extra two days there. One daughter and my grandson ended up getting on my flight.

So I get home to lots of snow. Three feet already on the ground, we got another foot last Monday. Another storm is coming tomorrow into Sunday morning. We are right on the line...Massachusetts has blizzard warnings while Rhode Island is under winter storm warnings. I literally live a stone's throw from the Massachusetts border. All this snow coming and our snow blower is in the shop.

I am so ready to go back to Florida!

I'm glad you had a good time with your mom and at WDW!!
Yikes on all that snow!!!

Good to see you and can't wait to start seeing updates from the diva trip. Next best thing to going myself LOL. Glad you are feeling better and Woo Hoo on the DW report. I've already signed in. You are right though I don't get notifications. I wonder if I am even signed up with this new site. I usually just come on here once a day and check the alerts but maybe we are missing something LOL. Glad Derek got there ok and missed the sickness and how exciting with all these trips coming up and things to plan. I will admit I was pretty bummed we had to cancel our NY plans but as much as I have been to Disney I am so anxious to get back. Been WAY too long. Almost 2 years since CA and 1 year since DL next month so that is a long time for us die hards LOL. I feel like I have missed so much of what has been going on and can't wait to see the 60th stuff.

Good to see you and can't wait to start seeing updates from the diva trip. Next best thing to going myself LOL. Glad you are feeling better and Woo Hoo on the DW report. I've already signed in. You are right though I don't get notifications. I wonder if I am even signed up with this new site. I usually just come on here once a day and check the alerts but maybe we are missing something LOL. Glad Derek got there ok and missed the sickness and how exciting with all these trips coming up and things to plan. I will admit I was pretty bummed we had to cancel our NY plans but as much as I have been to Disney I am so anxious to get back. Been WAY too long. Almost 2 years since CA and 1 year since DL next month so that is a long time for us die hards LOL. I feel like I have missed so much of what has been going on and can't wait to see the 60th stuff.

Losing the NY trip is a bummer......but replacing with a Disney trip is never a bad thing.......lol

Today I went out & got some tees to match the daily group tees. I have all the group tees, but since I have lost 35 lbs, they are too big. So I am going to match color. I also got new PJ's and a nicer shirt to wear for the Carthay Circle dinner. For the Meet-n-Greet we are supposed to wear our favorite color from head to toe......I ended up buying a set of scrubs. So I think I've got everything I need for the trip!!!

Flight's booked~~Check
Super Shuttle booked~~Check
Motel reserved~~Check
Dining & Meet-n-Greet reserved~~Check
Shirts to match color of the day~~Check
Disney Gift Card purchased~~Check

Other than packing.....I think I'm ready to go!!

Exciting! I think you will have good weather. If it is anything like up here we have been having high 70's. We so desperately need rain but sadly none in the forecast so I think you guys are good to go. Can't wait to start seeing pics!!

Exciting! I think you will have good weather. If it is anything like up here we have been having high 70's. We so desperately need rain but sadly none in the forecast so I think you guys are good to go. Can't wait to start seeing pics!!

I hope so! I know last years trip was a monsoon!! No thanks!!

Well I'm down to 3 days before the trip and I'm starting to get excited!! I wish someone was going with me because flying is not one of my favorite things & I usually have to take a xanax. :sad2: I have suitcases in my room ready to be packed. I'll put the smaller suitcase inside the big one for the trip down so I can have a 2nd suitcase to haul home goodies from Disneyland & my trip to Company D (castmember store)

I started putting together my toiletries and I went out and bought a portable phone charger that plugs into the wall outlet to charge it and then I can plug my phone into it when I'm out & running around if needed. Something about Disneyland drains phone batteries. So I will have this as a back-up if needed.

I need to write out the schedule for the family & care providers for each day & lay out school clothes, swimming bags packed, basketball outfits, weekend wear & PJ's for the 3 girls to help things run smoothly in my absence. My oldest son Nick is going to come down & help out too. Mike has to work pretty much the whole time I'm gone but he didn't schedule himself a 2nd day off & so I'm really pushing him to get Saturday off because it's Addy & Shyann's last basketball games. I'm going to miss them! :sad:

Well doing laundry today & need to get off the computer and work on that schedule. :laundy:

I'm glad to hear Nick is taking care of the kids while you're gone. Do you know when youll be getting the twins sister?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter