MVMCP - Tips, Tricks, Secrets newbies should know...

We're going on Dec 6th! So I'm officially subscribed to this thread!

The weather comments caught me by surprise. Of those that have been down to WDW in the early part of december, what kind of weather, on average, can you expect during the day or night?

Oh it can vary greatly. I've gone to four MVMCP in early December and a couple were hot and two were so cold we used our winter coats and I brought my daughter a blanket for the stroller and we used that blanket to sit on the curb to watch the parade so our bums wouldn't be cold!

Just watch the weather right up until you leave so you have a better idea of how to dress.

Hey does anyone know if they offer sugar free cocoa and cookies? I thought I heard that somewhere. DH and I will be there for 10 days of free dining at the beginning of Dec. and we have fully taken advantage of our table service credits (as they are free). I thought it would be nice to cut back where I can. Seems kind of silly as we will be on vacation, but I to even it out somehow.

Are the majority of folks waiting to buy tickets to closer to the day they are going or buying them ahead of time? I have read comments both ways...
I almost think, for me, buying them ahead of time takes away the extra expense and is one less thing for me to worry about as that wonderful time approaches!!!!:banana::banana:

We are waiting just a little while longer. Maybe once the trip is paid off (on or before October 22) we'll shell out the extra dough! We're hoping to go to the party on the 10th :santa:

I need advice from past party-goers. I just FINALLY got a ressie for Ohana, I have been trying to get in there for dinner on ANY of our nights and was finally able to today! But it is on our party night and the ressie is for 6:40P... how crucial is it that we be AT Magic Kingdom for the start of the party? I plan to continue to stalk the Ohana online ressies [multiple times] daily to get exactly what I want :laughing:

Thank for the help!

I need advice from past party-goers. I just FINALLY got a ressie for Ohana, I have been trying to get in there for dinner on ANY of our nights and was finally able to today! But it is on our party night and the ressie is for 6:40P... how crucial is it that we be AT Magic Kingdom for the start of the party? I plan to continue to stalk the Ohana online ressies [multiple times] daily to get exactly what I want :laughing:

Thank for the help!

Personally, I wouldn't pay that much money extra for a party and then skip part of the party for a meal.:confused3 Since the actual party only lasts 5 hours I don't want to miss any of it for a TS meal. Keep trying for another date or find something else way earlier in the day.

Thank for the help!

If you are not interested in riding rides during the party I would think you could be ok if you are willing to stay for the second parade and do some things after that.

I went to MVMCP on Thanksgivig weekend and I cannot wait to do it again
Here are my tips:
I brought the tickets right from the disney site and printed the tickets at home
We spent the day looking at the decorations at the monorail resorts and then at 4pm we got our wristbands and park map and had dinner @ Crystal Palace for 4:15pm....
Word to the wise - keep an eye on the weather before you leave home -
Yes it was COLD!! I actually brought a jacket @ WOD previous nights before even though it was 80's in the daytime, as soon as the sun sets, it was freezing(mid to low 40's!!)!.... One of the best things we did was go straight to Toontown and waited 15 mins to meet Tink and the fairies... make sure you get a photopass card on that night that way you can take full advantage of the 40% discount.... the longest wait we had for a ride was Peter Pan otherwise we got to stay on Splash Mountain 4 times in a row(loved it).... no one on here mentioned the dance party! I thought that was the best part of the party. I did the electric slide with the Mad Hatter and the Queen of Hearts then we went outside and watched Wishes and the parade before going back inside and partying some more. ....Yes we took advantage of the free cocoa, apple juice and cookies and yes they do offer sugar free items as well. .... This is the only time you get to see Belle in the red dress so its a not to be missed chance if you like Belle... anyone going on 11/29 have fun and "see" you there!!!

Thank for the help!

Don't forget that you can get into the park on party night starting at 4 pm; the 'party' doesn't start that early, but it depends on if you're wanting to watch the parade, and if you're willing to go to the second one to see it... Maybe wait for the schedule of events to be released so you can see if there's anything between 7 and 8 pm that's not being repeated later in the night?

Scrooge McDuck's Christmas Tree Farm area in MK Fantasyland- last year it was open during the day, not just during MVMCP.
So keep an eye out for it during a normal day so you can have your picture with Scrooge McDuck early in the day and save time during MVMCP.

Belle is out with the Beast. She is wearing her red dress.

The Princes were out with the Princesses last year during MVMCP.

Mickey and Minnie were in their Christmas finery but not together. You had to stand in seperate lines for them.

That's the only things I can think of that others haven't mentioned.

Where can we find the princesses/princes, Belle/Beast and Mickey/Minnie?

Are the characters available to meet/greet during the parades?

We went with my sister's family in 2007 and I feel totally ripped off. She had us all go to the parade and Wishes and then leave. I had no idea that all of the other things go on, like the dance party, show at the Castle stage, etc. Thank you for posting this thread --- we're going to do it right this year!!!!

My wife and i are arriving on Dec 11th for the start of our first ever Xmas trip.

We're currently debating whether or not to attend the MVMCP on that day (it's a friday). I'm just nervous that it'll be way crowded since it's a friday (we can't go on any other night due to schedule conflicts). What do you guys think of attending the party on a friday night (Dec. 11th)

Thanks (best disney site ever!!!):thumbsup2

Thank for the help!

What are your dates? I may have an ressie for Ohana that I can give you.

Here are my tips:
I brought the tickets right from the disney site and printed the tickets at home
We spent the day looking at the decorations at the monorail resorts and then at 4pm we got our wristbands and park map and had dinner @ Crystal Palace for 4:15pm....
Yes it was COLD!! I actually brought a jacket @ WOD previous nights before even though it was 80's in the daytime, as soon as the sun sets, it was freezing(mid to low 40's!!)!.... One of the best things we did was go straight to Toontown and waited 15 mins to meet Tink and the fairies... make sure you get a photpass card on that night that way you can take full advantage of the 40% discount.... the longest wait we had for a ride was Peter Pan otherwise we got to stay on Splash Mountain 4 times in a row(loved it).... no one on here mentioned the dance party! I thought that was the best part of the party. I did the electric slide with the Mad Hatter and the Queen of Hearts then we went outside and watched Wishes and the parade before going back inside and partying some more. ....Yes we took advantage of the free cocoa, apple juice and cookies and yes they do offer sugar free items as well. .... This is the only time you get to see Belle in the red dress so its a not to be missed chance if you like Belle... anyone going on 11/29 have fun and "see" you there!!!

I'm going on 11/29 with my parents!!! It's our first time! Questions - where can you see the princessed and is there a certain time??? also is grumpy out anywhere to take a picture with???
thanks in advance

Today is a very sad day :sad1::sad2::sad1:. We just had to cancel Christmas trip scheduled from 12/12 - 12/19. I lost my job in July and thought things would work out but they havent.

We booked back in May with free dining and went ahead a purchased 4 MVMVP tickets for 12/15 (Tuesday).

Does anyone know what I can do with the tickets, can I sell them or do I have to just eat them.

Thanks

I had this happen to me before. I had purchased 6 tickets and my parents ended up not being able to attend. I knew about 8 weeks in advance. I called Disney and told them. I said that I understood that they were not refundable but asked if they could possibly give me a gift card or credit to my room if I sent the two tickets back. I was given an address and instructed to mail the tickets back along with a copy of how I paid for them. I was given a full refund for the two tickets on my credit card. It never hurts to ask.

Is it worth it for me (22) and my mom (55) to go? She isn't a big ride person and I can live without the big ones for this trip, so extra ride time wouldn't really matter to us. How different is the holiday Wishes from regular Wishes? Thanks for all of the great tips on here!

One of the best things we did was go straight to Toontown and waited 15 mins to meet Tink and the fairies...

We are going into the party at 4 p.m. on the 13th. My question is this: Did you line up at 7 p.m. to meet the fairies or earlier? I want to do this during the party to avoid a long line, so any advice is appreciated!

And we just ordered our tickets online and I got them in the mail yesterday. I was a little disappointed they didn't have a Christmas-themed picture on the front!

We are going into the party at 4 p.m. on the 13th. My question is this: Did you line up at 7 p.m. to meet the fairies or earlier? I want to do this during the party to avoid a long line, so any advice is appreciated!

And we just ordered our tickets online and I got them in the mail yesterday. I was a little disappointed they didn't have a Christmas-themed picture on the front!

I know. Unfortunately, the tickets haven't had a festive theme in many many years. Another way for Disney to save money.

Well, since my question got flat out ignored, i'll politely re-ask/post it, if everyone doesn't mind (i do need some helpful advice on this please guys...have to make my ADR this Sat morning..any advice will be greatly appreciated)

My wife and i are arriving on Dec 11th for the start of our first ever Xmas trip.

We're currently debating whether or not to attend the MVMCP on that day (it's a friday). I'm just nervous that it'll be way crowded since it's a friday (we can't go on any other night due to schedule conflicts). What do you guys think of attending the party on a friday night (Dec. 11th)

Thanks (best disney site ever!!!) :thumbsup2

Well, since my question got flat out ignored, i'll politely re-ask/post it, if everyone doesn't mind (i do need some helpful advice on this please guys...have to make my ADR this Sat morning..any advice will be greatly appreciated)

Thanks (best disney site ever!!!) :thumbsup2

Go for it! We've been on Fridays in the past and it wasn't too bad.

For our first MVMCP we arrived just at opening. The snow was falling on Main Street and the Christmas music just made the park magical. We try to go every year if at all possible. Don't miss the parade!

Here are my tips:
Yes it was COLD!! I actually brought a jacket @ WOD previous nights before even though it was 80's in the daytime, as soon as the sun sets, it was freezing(mid to low 40's!!)!.... One of the best things we did was go straight to Toontown and waited 15 mins to meet Tink and the fairies... make sure you get a photpass card on that night that way you can take full advantage of the 40% discount.... the longest wait we had for a ride was Peter Pan otherwise we got to stay on Splash Mountain 4 times in a row(loved it).... no one on here mentioned the dance party! I thought that was the best part of the party. I did the electric slide with the Mad Hatter and the Queen of Hearts then we went outside and watched Wishes and the parade before going back inside and partying some more. ....Yes we took advantage of the free cocoa, apple juice and cookies and yes they do offer sugar free items as well. .... This is the only time you get to see Belle in the red dress so its a not to be missed chance if you like Belle... anyone going on 11/29 have fun and "see" you there!!!

I am hoping to get a reservation for CP around 4:15-4:30. My DSs really want to eat with Pooh and friends and this fits best into my touring plans. Did this give you plenty of time for some rides as well as the parade, fireworks and shows :scared1:! It seems like a lot to do in one night. TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter