• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MVMCP 2012 Official Information

Does anyone know when they ran out of MVMCP ornaments? Went looking for them the other night and was told they were sold out :(

Anyone have a picture of one? I'd love to torture myself by seeing one...better yet anyone have an extra they'd like to unload??? LOL

Lines for most everything are far shorter during parties than during a normal park day.

I was told normal park capacity is 70,000 and they only sell 20,000 tickets for the party. We had to wait no longer than 5 minutes for space mountain, big thunder or splash mountain on 11/9. During the first parade is your best time to do rides, and catch the second parade if you want to see it. Our kids favorite though was dancing at the diamond horshoe with woody, Jessie, and bullseye.

luckyman_apd said:
I was told normal park capacity is 70,000 and they only sell 20,000 tickets for the party. We had to wait no longer than 5 minutes for space mountain, big thunder or splash mountain on 11/9. During the first parade is your best time to do rides, and catch the second parade if you want to see it. Our kids favorite though was dancing at the diamond horshoe with woody, Jessie, and bullseye.

Not only are there far fewer guests in the park (though those numbers you were told are debatable), but many in the park during a party are doing party-specific things. Rides can be ridden 365 days a year, but there are only maybe 20 MVMCPs and a similar number of MNSSHPs to get in special parades and fireworks, unusual character M&Gs, trick-or-treat, or cookies and hot chocolate.

MUDisneyCouple said:
Does anyone know when they ran out of MVMCP ornaments? Went looking for them the other night and was told they were sold out :(

Anyone have a picture of one? I'd love to torture myself by seeing one...better yet anyone have an extra they'd like to unload??? LOL

Seriously? Man why can't Disney plan to have merchandise available for all their parties. We don't go until the last few and the last party! They won't sell it before hand to you even if you have tickets yet they don't provide enough for people who come at the end.

Already disappointed in our first MVMCP and we haven't even gotten to Disney yet!!

Seriously? Man why can't Disney plan to have merchandise available for all their parties. We don't go until the last few and the last party! They won't sell it before hand to you even if you have tickets yet they don't provide enough for people who come at the end.

Already disappointed in our first MVMCP and we haven't even gotten to Disney yet!!

Went to MVMCP on Sunday and was grossly disappointed in not only the lack of merchandise available, but also the lack of XL and XXL shirts and sweatshirts.

There is also a limited number of the usual Disney Christmas time merchandise. :santa:

what time did you look for them? They only bring that stuff out after a certain time--and its after 7pm.

Cant believe they are sold out of stuff with a few parties left.

We checked at 9:30...at every cash register in every shop on Main Street :(

I know. We were bummed. Does anyone know if we needed to get a MVMCP photo pass for special party borders? Didn't get either...

I haven't played with borders on ours but we just used our PhotoPass+ card we used the rest of the trip.

We were at the party on Tuesday and I saw the photopass person taking pics at the dance party with Woody but then didn't see her when we left. Anyone know if I could get access to those pics and if so, how?

P.S.--We went to the party on Sunday and Tuesday and now this is the only way I want to go to MK in the future. It was great both nights!

Two questions
1 according to what I was told you get a mug of coco and a cookie how is this handed out?
2 How come there isn't a Christmas party on the 25?

PaulaSB12 said:
Two questions
1 according to what I was told you get a mug of coco and a cookie how is this handed out?

1. You go to any of several locations around the park and they are given to you.

2. Parties are primarily a way of increasing park attendance when crowds are low. There are already extremely high crowds on Christmas Day.

just wanted to let everyone know that I was to two MVMCP nights this week.
The first one was on a night that had some rain and mist earlier. The skaters,
skiers and floats with horses were not there. We wouldn't have known the difference if we hadn't gone to a second party on a dry night.

I just want to say thanks to mesaboy and kennythepirate and everyone else on this thread for all the helpful advice. We went to the party on the 6th and had a great time! We focused more on the characters & parade but still got in a handful of rides before the party started and then right before we left. We ate a quick dinner at Pecos Bills then We started by getting in line for the dwarves around 6:15 and were about sixth in line, somehow Sleepy still disappeared & we only had six dwarves in our photo. :( but they we're really fun! We walked through Adventureland and happened upon Jack Sparrow coming out with only two families in line after we met the dwarves and had a fun time meeting him. Then we went to meet Aladdin/Abu but they switched out to Jasmine/Genie right after we got in line. Their line was super long so we didn't wait for Aladdin & Abu to come out but just managed to find a spot by Pecos Bills for the first parade..we were lucky as it was packed 15 minutes before parade time. We loved the parade! The floats were fun and did smell pretty yummy! We then headed to meet Scrooge McDuck then to Tomorrowland, stopped for a PhotoPass picture spot, then met Phineus and Ferb, rode a few rides, sorta watched the fireworks, grabbed our first cookies & hot cocoa and then we were fairly tired & our 2 year old was done so we headed back to the hotel. We had early ADRs the next morning so if we were to do it again we wouldn't plan an early morning so we could stay out later and sleep in.

lovingeire said:
I just want to say thanks to mesaboy and kennythepirate and everyone else on this thread for all the helpful advice. We went to the party on the 6th and had a great time! We focused more on the characters & parade but still got in a handful of rides before the party started and then right before we left. We ate a quick dinner at Pecos Bills then We started by getting in line for the dwarves around 6:15 and were about sixth in line, somehow Sleepy still disappeared & we only had six dwarves in our photo. :( but they we're really fun! We walked through Adventureland and happened upon Jack Sparrow coming out with only two families in line after we met the dwarves and had a fun time meeting him. Then we went to meet Aladdin/Abu but they switched out to Jasmine/Genie right after we got in line. Their line was super long so we didn't wait for Aladdin & Abu to come out but just managed to find a spot by Pecos Bills for the first parade..we were lucky as it was packed 15 minutes before parade time. We loved the parade! The floats were fun and did smell pretty yummy! We then headed to meet Scrooge McDuck then to Tomorrowland, stopped for a PhotoPass picture spot, then met Phineus and Ferb, rode a few rides, sorta watched the fireworks, grabbed our first cookies & hot cocoa and then we were fairly tired & our 2 year old was done so we headed back to the hotel. We had early ADRs the next morning so if we were to do it again we wouldn't plan an early morning so we could stay out later and sleep in.

Yay! Glad you had a great time! :thumbsup2

Two questions

1. You go to any of several locations around the park and they are given to you.

2. Parties are primarily a way of increasing park attendance when crowds are low. There are already extremely high crowds on Christmas Day.

1. Actually, it's a paper cup, not a mug. ;)

2. Also, the park closes early to regular guests on party nights. I can't imagine that that would go over to well on a busy day like Christmas.

lovingeire said:

I have to repeat this as well...

We went on the 13th and got all the characters we wanted with (for the moat part) minimum wait time with help from this board.

The Princesses and Princes- this was our longest because we anticipated long lines and thought we had to choose between them and the dwarves. Wait time was about an 90 minutes but 30 was in the gift shop as we weren't allowed to get in line until 6:15.

Peter and Wendy- 20 mins.
Cinderella, Charming & the Tremaines- 30 mins.
Uncle Scrooge- 20 mins
Mickey and Minnie- 5 minutes after 1st parade

Did fireworks, celebrate the magic and 2nd parade in....

Finished with a 20 min wait for the dwarves after 2nd parade as everyone else was leaving and still got in 4 rides to finish the night.

Couldn't have done it all without the help of the DIS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter