Must Takes??

last time I cruised we ran out of small bills at the end of the cruise and gave the porter who helped us with our luggage a small tip and had to go to the store and get change to tip or transportation guy. This has always bothered me and I won't let it happen again so my big thing is to pack plenty of dollar bills!

oh and everyone says pack light, which I agree with you dont need to over pack clothes- except sock and underwear. I would definitely pack extra of both those!

About sunglasses, I Totally agree, Spurr002.
That happened last year when I went on a Carnival cruise out of Galveston. Drove from DFW area the day before, but it was raining and I didn't need my sunglasses then! The next morning when it was clear & sunny I was searching everywhere for them. I even had the valet parking guys check my car which was already in their locked lot for the duration of the cruise. I had to buy a pair in the hotel gift shop. These are now my "backup shades" which live in my car. Where were my good sunglasses? On my desk at home!!!! (At least they weren't lost)

There are some huge lists (some posted here), and they are all good ideas.

Honestly.....please, please don't stress. You MUST bring your passport/birth certificate, meds, and a credit card or lotsa cash to pay your onboard account. Everything else is nice, some things make life a little easier, but relax, enjoy your vacation, and anything you forget that you really need (examples: toiletries, hat, sunglasses) you can get on the ship.

Planning what to take and packing should be fun, not stressful. Try to remember everything you want to bring, but don't worry if you forget ANYTHING. You will still enjoy the cruise.

Don't overpack. We take fewer items each cruise, and seem to enjoy each cruise more than the last.

This is my (moderately long) edited version of the above (long) list:

$1 or $ 2 bills (room service grat)
Address book/e-mail list
Anti-bacterial Wipes or Gel
Aspirin/Tylenol or other medicines/prescriptions
Backpack or canvas tote for each adult
Band-aids
Batteries (camera batteries also)
Beverages/mixers/wine
Bonine/Dramamine
Books
Cameras
Candy/Gum
Candy sprinkles for ice cream
Carry-on with wheels
Deodorant
Disney Gift Cards
Duffle bag (spare)
Earplugs
Extension Cord or Power Strip
Fanny pack
Feminine needs
Film/Memory Card (spare)
Flashlight
Flavored coffee creamers
Glow necklaces/sticks
Hairbrush/Comb
Highlighters
ID holder/waterproof box
Insect Repellent packets
Lanyard and ID holder
Laptop & cords/chargers
Laundry Detergent
Magnets for door
Makeup
Notebook/Journal, Pens
Notebook/Memo Pad
Pillowcases & colored Sharpies (no yellow)
Pirate accessories
Post-it Pad
Reading Glasses - spare / prescription of glasses
Scrapbook/Autograph Book
Sense of humor
Shaving Kit
Sippy Cups/cups with lids
Snorkeling Gear (at least a mask - for Carribean)
Sports bottle/water bottle
Stain Stick or Packet
Sunglasses
Sunscreen/Sunscreen spray
Toothbrush/toothpaste
Tote Bag/Beach Bag/Day Bag
Travel clock/alarm clock
Watch - recommend waterproof
Ziploc Bags - a few sizes

We didn't need the extra storage space of over-the-door hangers and laundry pop-up hampers. Actually, we didn't really use the plastic cups because we mostly used the ones at the drink bar. The extra bags were good for all the toys/snacks we collected and wanted to bring home, or even to take off the boat at ports (where allowed).

That's my $00.02!:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter