Multi Day tickets vs park hopper passes

I refuse to go without park hoppers unless its a 1-2 day visit. We hate the idea of being locked to one park a day, so for us it really is worth the extra.
I thought we might feel that way with our recently completed non-hopping stay, but we didn't feel that way in the least. Maybe it's because we're all getting older, but hopping around parks from 8 AM to Midnight each and every day in order to maximize the use of the tickets wasn't an appealing thought last month. Even the day we went to AK, after we had an early supper at Boma we were fine in calling it a night!

I thought we might feel that way with our recently completed non-hopping stay, but we didn't feel that way in the least. Maybe it's because we're all getting older, but hopping around parks from 8 AM to Midnight each and every day in order to maximize the use of the tickets wasn't an appealing thought last month. Even the day we went to AK, after we had an early supper at Boma we were fine in calling it a night!

It can depend on the weather, as well.

If it's sweltering, any plans we might have had for going back to see IllumiNations, etc. might just melt away with our energy.
Relaxing back at the resort can look pretty appealing.

It can depend on the weather, as well.

If it's sweltering, any plans we might have had for going back to see IllumiNations, etc. might just melt away with our energy.
Relaxing back at the resort can look pretty appealing.

I don't think I've ever gone from 8 am to midnight, and I get park hoppers every time. Could be a mind set thing but I don't try to maximize my use, we have always enjoyed the freedom of being able to go to a different park if we wanted to and more often than not will do one park in the morning, either go back to the resort for a swim or break and end up in another park at night. I think I may have run the numbers the first time we got them and since we were staying for 6 nights 7 days, it was less expensive to get a hopper then single tickets and after that there wasn't even a question.

I don't think I've ever gone from 8 am to midnight, and I get park hoppers every time. Could be a mind set thing but I don't try to maximize my use, we have always enjoyed the freedom of being able to go to a different park if we wanted to and more often than not will do one park in the morning, either go back to the resort for a swim or break and end up in another park at night. I think I may have run the numbers the first time we got them and since we were staying for 6 nights 7 days, it was less expensive to get a hopper then single tickets and after that there wasn't even a question.
For us, it seemed to be the FPs that pinned us down. We used to "bug out" of busy parks right after lunch (or even eat lunch in the Villa) and then "hop" to a 2nd park too. But with FP+ it seemed that most days the 3rd FP fell in the area of 2-3 PM. It really bothered me when we made the decision to NOT buy the hoppers this time around (primarily due to cost), but once we set the FPs I realized that hopping would have been hard to pull off given the FP+ schedule we had. Others' results may vary, but that was our experience.

We're the type that even on vacation we can't stay still! We don't feel the need to hop daily because we have it, but we like to have the option in case we want to, and without having to stop to add it once there. On my birthday we stayed only at MK, but another day that we planned to stay only at Epcot we ended up hopping over to MK. I definitely take after my dad, I get antsy sitting around, even on the beach! This trip was the first long one with just me and my boyfriend, so a lot of days we ended up sleeping way later than previous trips. He probably wouldn't mind not hopping, but I can't help the urge to want to! (I'm the much bigger Disney fan so he gets the hopper for me haha he never went to Disney until he met me!)

Yup, this is us exactly! We don't feel pressured to use it because we have it, but we love knowing we can just hop wherever whenever, though I totally get that that isn't for everyone.

For us, it seemed to be the FPs that pinned us down. We used to "bug out" of busy parks right after lunch (or even eat lunch in the Villa) and then "hop" to a 2nd park too. But with FP+ it seemed that most days the 3rd FP fell in the area of 2-3 PM. It really bothered me when we made the decision to NOT buy the hoppers this time around (primarily due to cost), but once we set the FPs I realized that hopping would have been hard to pull off given the FP+ schedule we had. Others' results may vary, but that was our experience.

I played around a lot with our times for FP and generally got them to line up pretty well in the mornings. If we had a FP that we didn't particularly worry about missing, especially earlier in the trip, we just missed it if we wanted to hop elsewhere. This trip we also planned to go back in the afternoon to swim, but the rain gods turned the dial up to 11 and it poured for hours every afternoon! We expected some rain but it was pretty intense, so we were only able to swim at night. Luckily our Blizzard Beach day ended up getting really sunny after a cloudy start! Cost is definitely a factor though. We usually plan 1+ year out so for us it gives us a bit more wiggle room to save up, and we usually stay value which helps lessen the blow of the overall package. We're barely in our rooms! Too much park hopping :rotfl:

Yup, this is us exactly! We don't feel pressured to use it because we have it, but we love knowing we can just hop wherever whenever, though I totally get that that isn't for everyone.

I played around a lot with our times for FP and generally got them to line up pretty well in the mornings. If we had a FP that we didn't particularly worry about missing, especially earlier in the trip, we just missed it if we wanted to hop elsewhere. This trip we also planned to go back in the afternoon to swim, but the rain gods turned the dial up to 11 and it poured for hours every afternoon! We expected some rain but it was pretty intense, so we were only able to swim at night. Luckily our Blizzard Beach day ended up getting really sunny after a cloudy start! Cost is definitely a factor though. We usually plan 1+ year out so for us it gives us a bit more wiggle room to save up, and we usually stay value which helps lessen the blow of the overall package. We're barely in our rooms! Too much park hopping :rotfl:

Yep, I usually get my FP for morning then decide what, where, how I want to do afternoons later. When we first started going (over 30 years ago) we only went every other year because it took me two years to save up ( we stayed in deluxe). Now my DS is grown and away from home, DH hates to travel/vacation, I love to travel/vacation so I go to WDW twice a year solo. Park hoppers are a must for me since rides aren't my priority any more.

Ok...I guess...I have to admit while I have sympathy with those who become frustrated with the glitches and time investment that the new system requires (thanks for the reminder that the whole shebang can be referred to as MM+), I would have trouble engendering sympathy for someone who "forgets" that they have an ADR, and therefore want to visit that park that day.
I didn't say that anyone would feel sorry for them, but, with the complexities that define WDW these days, I just felt it useful to warn them of a danger that some wouldn't even think about until it happens. The main cause for it happening is the fact that most people think that logically if you are going to a place to have dinner you wouldn't have to pay for a days admittance to a theme park after you have already paid admittance to a theme park in the same resort. It isn't the first thing anyone would think about especially if they had never been there before and had no idea where that restaurant was located or how they would get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter