Multi Day tickets vs park hopper passes

izzy25

Mouseketeer
Just curious how many people do with the regular multi day passes vs the park hopper passes. In the early stages of planning a trip for next November and didn't know which ones to go with.

Thanks!

If you're unsure you can always buy the regular passes and upgrade to hoppers later.

We generally go with just multi day tickets, but we have APs now and take full advantage of park hopping.

We always get the hoppers. If we done it all in one park, we take a break and then go to another park later. We really enjoy the freedom to bounce around. Like the previous post says, you can always upgrade later if uncertain.

i prefer the park hoppers as i'm a pretty experienced wdw traveler. i often like to hit epcot to eat even if i've hit a different park that morning.

if you are new to the parks, then the one park per day restriction is not so bad, as everything is still pretty new to you.

(since you are "earning your ears", let me clarify (just to be safe) that you cannot visit 2 parks in one day by using multiple days from a multi-day ticket. if you want to hit 2 parks in one day, you must have the park hopper feature.)

We didn't get hoppers on our first trip (planned one park per day, why would we need them?) and then we finished up at Animal Kingdom way earlier than we expected and I felt like we "wasted" the rest of the day since we were unable to go to another park. I've never been back without them since. The extra $ is totally worth it to me.

We've never done a trip without being able to park hop. We love to start out at one park, stay until it gets very crowded, go back to the room to refresh (shower, swim, at least put on a fresh shirt!) and then head out for another 4+ hours at a different park. Since we almost always stay at Pop Century, we are so close to EPCOT and the Studios that it's easy to take a break in the middle of the day.

We always get park hoppers. For our family, it all comes down to where we are staying. This June we stayed at Poly and went to MK every night since it was so convenient. On a previous trip when we stayed at Boardwalk, we hopped to Epcot every night. We just booked BLT for Feb and will get hoppers again since we are so close to MK.

We didn't get hoppers on our first trip (planned one park per day, why would we need them?) and then we finished up at Animal Kingdom way earlier than we expected and I felt like we "wasted" the rest of the day since we were unable to go to another park. ...

We always get the hoppers. ... Like ... you can always upgrade later if uncertain.

No advance notice is needed to add the hopper feature. Instead of considering the rest of the day wasted you could go right to another theme park, upgrade your tickets, and go in.

BTW, if you are going to the Not So Scary party or similar, you don't need a hopper (or any other ticket at all) in addition to your party ticket. But if you are going to evening Extra Magic Hours, you do need a regular park ticket which under some circumstances may involve the hopping feature.

We have learned to get park hoppers, as we got more experienced with WDW visits. So many things can happen to make park hoppers useful. First is weather. A downpour at a park might mean early exit. Later, after the shower we're ready to go back. But if it's AK, it's too late to go back. So we go to another park. Then, on another day, we go back to AK to finish what we missed when we left early.

Sometimes Wishes, MSEP and Fantasmic aren't held each night. However with park hoppers, we can plan a park day at a different park, and travel to the park with those special shows. We've also closed out one park, and headed to another park which was having EMH that night.

With park hoppers, we can book an almost-impossible-to-get ADR at a different park from the one we're at that day. For Epcot Flower & Garden or Food & Wine Festivals, we might visit another park in the morning, and head over to Epcot after World Showcase (and the festival) opens at 11am.

And the list goes on.

We don't ever get Hoppers. We pick one park per day and choose our dinner restaurant either in that park or a nearby resort. We bought Hoppers one time and only used them one day of the trip.

The big thing now with MM+ is that you may not realize that if you make an ADR in the evening for a place in Epcot and spent the day in MK, you will need a park hopper to get in or pay a full one day admission to do so. That would be one expensive meal. Like the others said, you can always upgrade when you get there, but, 10 days is a long time. I think you will really find it a good idea to go with the park hopper.
Just so you know... I do not work for Disney nor get a commission for selling Park Hoppers :):)

We always get park hoppers because we follow the same pattern as most posters on this thread. We always go to a park in the morning and come back and rest and then go out in the evening to a different park. We usually stay at the boardwalk and sine we go over the holidays, there have been many times when I have watched Osborne lights at Hollywood studios and then hop to Epcot to watch illuminations after studios closes. I personally think hoppers are very helpful and open up the freedom of the trip.

The big thing now with MM+ is that you may not realize that if you make an ADR in the evening for a place in Epcot and spent the day in MK, you will need a park hopper to get in or pay a full one day admission to do so.

What does this have to do with "MM+"...this has always been the case.

In fact, what is MM+?

We often have a combination of base tickets and hoppers. It just depends on our touring plans.

Last year was the first year we didn't have them. We took our 4 yo nephew and went when the park hours were shorter so we really had no need for them. I knew 1 park a day was plenty for him. With just me and DH going this year, it was a must! I will say making ADRs without the hopper was much more difficult. There was no flexibility if you. Wanted to switch parks up on the fly.

We get multi day tickets, it seems like a better value (you're there for more days w/ them). After our no expiration tickets are used up we might get APs next time if we don't get the (much more limited selection now) FL resident tickets

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter