MSEP to end Oct. 9 - Parade moves to Disneyland for a "limited time"

The WDW website has this parade ending on the 9th of October. I am visiting in late October. My touring plans will be changed by this. Is this accurate? Will it be replaced by another evening parade?

Last night the "stuff" hit the fan when Disney made two major announcements (somewhat contrary to expected announcement) and has so far not made the third all important announcement for WDW guests.

For now WDW will be dark any nights without a ticketed party until I guess the MVMCP are done because then it should get the Holiday Parade.

Dark. A moment another WDW fail. Another ask forgiveness later.

The WDW website has this parade ending on the 9th of October. I am visiting in late October. My touring plans will be changed by this. Is this accurate? Will it be replaced by another evening parade?
Merging over to the main MSEP ending thread.

I hate it's ending, but not because I care anything about watching the parade. That was always prime "ride" time for us...we rode rides with little or no wait while the MSEP was going on. We've ridden Splash as many as 6 times in a row without even having to get out of our boat in the past during the parade.

Last night the "stuff" hit the fan when Disney made two major announcements (somewhat contrary to expected announcement) and has so far not made the third all important announcement for WDW guests.

What was the other major announcement?

I'm sad to see it go but glad they're not getting rid of it entirely. What's odd though is they get rid of it right at the time they should be kicking off the 45th anniversary celebration.

Oh and they get rid of it just as Pete's Dragon will finally be re-recognized!!!!

From the HUB. These are the questions that CM are expected to get and the answers they are supposed to give:

Main Street Electrical Parade heads to Disneyland Park for a limited engagement

The “spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination,” the Main Street Electrical Parade, will be ending its historic run at Magic Kingdom Park and returning to Disneyland Park for a special, limited engagement.

Cast Members and Guests are encouraged to come out to enjoy the “thousands of sparkling lights and electro-synthemagnetic musical sounds” one more time before the final performance on Oct. 9. Guests can also check out some of the park’s newest offerings like “Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire” and, starting Aug. 12, “Princess Elena Royal Welcome.”

After a delightful six years, we bid the Main Street Electrical Parade a fond farewell and look forward to the memories it will create for Disneyland Guests early next year.

Q1. Why is the Main Street Electrical Parade closing?

The Main Street Electrical Parade will be ending its historic run at Magic Kingdom Park and return to Disneyland Park for a special, limited engagement.

Q2. When will the parade be returning to Disneyland?

This limited engagement will begin early next year. We will share more on timing at a later date.

Q3. Is it going away forever/will the parade ever come back?

Right now, we’re looking forward to the memories the Main Street Electrical Parade will create for Disneyland Guests and have nothing more to share.

Q4. Are you replacing Main Street Electrical Parade with anything?

We continue to offer compelling nighttime entertainment, and are constantly adjusting our offerings.

Q5. Will “Paint the Night” from Disneyland Resort be coming in its place?

At this time, there are no plans to bring “Paint the Night” to Walt Disney World Resort. We look forward to sharing more about the future of “Paint the Night” soon.

Q6. Why are you taking Main Street Electrical Parade to Disneyland Resort when they already have Paint the Night?

Main Street Electrical Parade came to Florida in 2010 from the Disneyland Resort, so with this move, it’s returning for a special, limited engagement.

Q7. You have a history of swapping parades. Why isn’t Paint the Night coming to Walt Disney World?

It’s just not part of our plans at this time. We’re looking forward to the memories the Main Street Electrical Parade will create for Disneyland Guests.

Q8. When will DisneyWorld.com / My Disney Experience / OneSource reflect this change?

We are in the process of updating our online calendars.

Q9. What about Guests who may have already booked the Tony’s Town Square lunch package?

We will be contacting Guests who have booked the Tony’s Town Square lunch package and working with them for alternate arrangements.

That was a whole bunch of non-answers.

That was a whole bunch of non-answers.

Paint the night will be moving to Shanghai. In fact we have a fun and new exciting experience called Shanghai'd Tinkerbell where all customers will be magically flown to Shanghai right from the TTC as we've discovered it's cheaper to just run one park in China than maintain all the costs and overhead of WDW.

:P

For now WDW will be dark any nights without a ticketed party until I guess the MVMCP are done because then it should get the Holiday Parade.

are you saying there will be no fireworks either?

Does anyone remember what the time frame was between Spectromagic ending and Main Street Electrical Parade beginning? For the life of me, I can't remember, but it doesn't seem like it was months or anything.

Parades at Magic Kingdom are so iconic. I'm sure we won't be left long without one.

From the HUB. These are the questions that CM are expected to get and the answers they are supposed to give:

Main Street Electrical Parade heads to Disneyland Park for a limited engagement

The “spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination,” the Main Street Electrical Parade, will be ending its historic run at Magic Kingdom Park and returning to Disneyland Park for a special, limited engagement.

Cast Members and Guests are encouraged to come out to enjoy the “thousands of sparkling lights and electro-synthemagnetic musical sounds” one more time before the final performance on Oct. 9. Guests can also check out some of the park’s newest offerings like “Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire” and, starting Aug. 12, “Princess Elena Royal Welcome.”

After a delightful six years, we bid the Main Street Electrical Parade a fond farewell and look forward to the memories it will create for Disneyland Guests early next year.

Q1. Why is the Main Street Electrical Parade closing?

The Main Street Electrical Parade will be ending its historic run at Magic Kingdom Park and return to Disneyland Park for a special, limited engagement.

Q2. When will the parade be returning to Disneyland?

This limited engagement will begin early next year. We will share more on timing at a later date.

Q3. Is it going away forever/will the parade ever come back?

Right now, we’re looking forward to the memories the Main Street Electrical Parade will create for Disneyland Guests and have nothing more to share.

Q4. Are you replacing Main Street Electrical Parade with anything?

We continue to offer compelling nighttime entertainment, and are constantly adjusting our offerings.

Q5. Will “Paint the Night” from Disneyland Resort be coming in its place?

At this time, there are no plans to bring “Paint the Night” to Walt Disney World Resort. We look forward to sharing more about the future of “Paint the Night” soon.

Q6. Why are you taking Main Street Electrical Parade to Disneyland Resort when they already have Paint the Night?

Main Street Electrical Parade came to Florida in 2010 from the Disneyland Resort, so with this move, it’s returning for a special, limited engagement.

Q7. You have a history of swapping parades. Why isn’t Paint the Night coming to Walt Disney World?

It’s just not part of our plans at this time. We’re looking forward to the memories the Main Street Electrical Parade will create for Disneyland Guests.

Q8. When will DisneyWorld.com / My Disney Experience / OneSource reflect this change?

We are in the process of updating our online calendars.

Q9. What about Guests who may have already booked the Tony’s Town Square lunch package?

We will be contacting Guests who have booked the Tony’s Town Square lunch package and working with them for alternate arrangements.

I don't think anyone at WDW is "looking forward to the memories the Main Street Electrical Parade will create for Disneyland guests." What about the WDW guests? Why are they getting screwed over AGAIN?

I can't imagine any of the WDW CMs repeating this stuff to the guests.

Does anyone remember what the time frame was between Spectromagic ending and Main Street Electrical Parade beginning? For the life of me, I can't remember, but it doesn't seem like it was months or anything.

Parades at Magic Kingdom are so iconic. I'm sure we won't be left long without one.
They are not beginning MSEP until "the new year" at DL. To me this seems like smoke and mirrors so they don't have to say what is really happening - we are shutting down all nighttime parades for the rest of the year.

Spectromagic ended June 5, 2010. MSEP began at WDW on the same date, I think.

To me this seems like smoke and mirrors so they don't have to say what is really happening - we are shutting down all nighttime parades for the rest of the year.
See, and I don't look at it that way at all. I think there has to be an element of surprise somewhere and it's practically impossible to accomplish that nowadays with social media and what not. We'll see what happens!

See, and I don't look at it that way at all. I think there has to be an element of surprise somewhere and it's practically impossible to accomplish that nowadays with social media and what not. We'll see what happens!
I hope you are right. We are going in december and I'm feeling pretty heartbroken right now. It is very dramatic to say so but I am. I started my whole planning process with "and we want to be in the MK on wednesday night for the MSEP".

I might have that hope if 1) they hadn't been selling those Tony's packages for the MSEP and done a complete about face on that out of nowhere 2) if the closing was not pretty much right after the new fiscal year starts (someone correct me if I am wrong but i read that is October 1 at WDW) 3) if they were actually running at DL. If they were saying "in time for the holidays we are bringing home MSEP." But they are not. They are putting this thing in storage until some time in the new year. It is worded so that people assume January 1 but it can be a year from now. So basically they are taking away both nighttime parades (running Paint the Night on "select holiday nights") but spinning it as a good thing. I don't think they have anything in the wings waiting to replace it. But I would never be happier to be proven wrong!

Maybe they will run the holiday parades nightly for the remainder of the year to fill the void?

I really would be ok with that. And I'm really okay if Paint the Night would be the replacement. But I would really love is somehow Spectro would be able to come back.

I don't even mind if the parade has to be dark for a while to prepare for a new and improved one, but they need to announce that there will be a new an improved one and when it will be live. They probably wanted to announce this ASAP for those guests affected by it (October is not a long lead time) but they should improve their timing and be ready to announce a replacement, or push the whole thing back and continue to run MSEP. There are financial decisions driving this (which, of course should have some bearing), but with parks revenue up 6% we all know they are doing okay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter