• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MSEP to end Oct. 9 - Parade moves to Disneyland for a "limited time"

I love the Electrical Parade. And my trip in October starts the 12th. Oh well. I did get to see it earlier this year with my family.

I just hope (though without good reason) that Rivers of Light is finally up and running in October.

Does anyone know if anything else will replace it? I wonder when it will return?

So based on the second article there will be NO nighttime parades at MK or DL other than at the MNSSHP and MVMCP except for DL still showing PTN on a few select nights during the holidays.

SO WDW has nothing after October 9th at all, so far.

So if PTN will be at Disneyland some nights during the holiday season, either WDW would need somethingnew or won't get anything until like February next year. That seems so long to be without an evening parade.

If you read the second DPB post closely, at the very end, they briefly mention Paint the Night will have a brief run during the holiday season this year. My guess is, if it's moved (which is still a big if), it won't be until early next year.

Unfortunaltey the DPB won't load for me right now so I was unable to read to DL post and I was just going on past info, but thanks for pointing out that I need to read it more closely.

From the HUB. These are the questions that CM are expected to get and the answers they are supposed to give:

Main Street Electrical Parade heads to Disneyland Park for a limited engagement

The “spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination,” the Main Street Electrical Parade, will be ending its historic run at Magic Kingdom Park and returning to Disneyland Park for a special, limited engagement.

Cast Members and Guests are encouraged to come out to enjoy the “thousands of sparkling lights and electro-synthemagnetic musical sounds” one more time before the final performance on Oct. 9. Guests can also check out some of the park’s newest offerings like “Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire” and, starting Aug. 12, “Princess Elena Royal Welcome.”

After a delightful six years, we bid the Main Street Electrical Parade a fond farewell and look forward to the memories it will create for Disneyland Guests early next year.

Q1. Why is the Main Street Electrical Parade closing?

The Main Street Electrical Parade will be ending its historic run at Magic Kingdom Park and return to Disneyland Park for a special, limited engagement.

Q2. When will the parade be returning to Disneyland?

This limited engagement will begin early next year. We will share more on timing at a later date.

Q3. Is it going away forever/will the parade ever come back?

Right now, we’re looking forward to the memories the Main Street Electrical Parade will create for Disneyland Guests and have nothing more to share.

Q4. Are you replacing Main Street Electrical Parade with anything?

We continue to offer compelling nighttime entertainment, and are constantly adjusting our offerings.

Q5. Will “Paint the Night” from Disneyland Resort be coming in its place?

At this time, there are no plans to bring “Paint the Night” to Walt Disney World Resort. We look forward to sharing more about the future of “Paint the Night” soon.

Q6. Why are you taking Main Street Electrical Parade to Disneyland Resort when they already have Paint the Night?

Main Street Electrical Parade came to Florida in 2010 from the Disneyland Resort, so with this move, it’s returning for a special, limited engagement.

Q7. You have a history of swapping parades. Why isn’t Paint the Night coming to Walt Disney World?

It’s just not part of our plans at this time. We’re looking forward to the memories the Main Street Electrical Parade will create for Disneyland Guests.

Q8. When will DisneyWorld.com / My Disney Experience / OneSource reflect this change?

We are in the process of updating our online calendars.

Q9. What about Guests who may have already booked the Tony’s Town Square lunch package?

We will be contacting Guests who have booked the Tony’s Town Square lunch package and working with them for alternate arrangements.

My 3 year-old's 1st trip is Oct 14th, and this really bums me out! I was really looking forward to it. Why didn't they announce it much earlier in the year? I would have planned around it.

Seems like there so many things hanging before the holiday season... ROL, AK hours, MK nighttime parade, and they have not announced SWaGs fireworks schedule past late September...

So, with the HUB info and Disney Parks Blog both saying there are no plans to bring PtN to WDW at this time, does that mean that it's not actually coming? Or, is that just Disney-speak for it's coming at a later date, and we're not going to tell you when that will be, yet?

I hope they update their stupid online calendar...right now there is no parade scheduled for our magic kingdom night (September 15) and I can't imagine they aren't going to show it every night to give folks one last shot at seeing it before it goes.

I'm also annoyed, and not surprised that they announce a MAJOR attraction closure with jack squat to replace it.

Another closure? Are they kidding? It said it was only supposed to be for a limited time but you can't close so many things around the same time. I am a big Disney fan and encourage co workers to visit. To be honest, my rose colored glasses are starting to fade. Anyone else thinking the same? Why so many cuts lately, are they trying to save money?

I hope they update their stupid online calendar...right now there is no parade scheduled for our magic kingdom night (September 15) and I can't imagine they aren't going to show it every night to give folks one last shot at seeing it before it goes.

I'm also annoyed, and not surprised that they announce a MAJOR attraction closure with jack squat to replace it.
I'm sure it'll be on every night that's not MNSSHP night until October 9th

Count me in the crowd that is disappointed that (as of right now) there is no nighttime parade at MK after early October, and who knows about ROL. I'm going in late October, and I don't know, given the lack of Disney resort room availability, it seems like it'll be pretty darn busy for the Fall...How can they have NOTHING other than the silly dance parties and Wishes in their biggest park at night? This also seems pretty last-minute to me, people have booked dining packages that will now need to be changed.

Are you kidding me!
I have never seen MSEP and was looking forward to seeing it for the first time.
It's last day (which I'm sure would be so crowded!) is Oct 9th....The day we fly into Orlando!!
Don't know if I would be crazy enough to try to do this, since I will be getting up at 2AM to get to airport.
Would it be worth taking a "nap", make our Raglan Road dinner at 4:30 and go over to MK?
So frustrating, I didn't want to go to MK till anniversary day. Now we won't have any parade that night!

So, with the HUB info and Disney Parks Blog both saying there are no plans to bring PtN to WDW at this time, does that mean that it's not actually coming? Or, is that just Disney-speak for it's coming at a later date, and we're not going to tell you when that will be, yet?
Close. It's Disney-speak for "we aren't announcing anything at this time." So it could go either way.

Are you kidding me!
I have never seen MSEP and was looking forward to seeing it for the first time.
It's last day (which I'm sure would be so crowded!) is Oct 9th....The day we fly into Orlando!!
Don't know if I would be crazy enough to try to do this, since I will be getting up at 2AM to get to airport.
Would it be worth taking a "nap", make our Raglan Road dinner at 4:30 and go over to MK?
So frustrating, I didn't want to go to MK till anniversary day. Now we won't have any parade that night!
Id cancel the ADR and go camp out for a spot early because I bet its going to be crazy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter