MS nearly messed up my ressie!

locodemickey

DIS Veteran
I changed my OKW from a 1BR to a 2BR for the beginning of Jan. 2012 about 2weeks ago. I had a waitlist for the HH with the 1BR and asked to be put on the waitlist for the 2BR for the HH instead when I changed my ressie. We got to talking about other stuff and then ended the call about 20 min. later. I was thinking about it today and called to see if the MS rep. had listed the HH for a waitlist for my 2BR. He never took off the 1BR!! :scared1: If I hadn't checked, that could likely have changed back to a 1BR and I may not have been able to get a 2BR back. I'm so glad I checked!!

Good that you checked. I look forward to hearing how you like HHI in January. This January I'm spending time in Vero and would like to try HHI in Jan of 2012!

Bobbi:goodvibes

I changed my OKW from a 1BR to a 2BR for the beginning of Jan. 2012 about 2weeks ago. I had a waitlist for the HH with the 1BR and asked to be put on the waitlist for the 2BR for the HH instead when I changed my ressie. We got to talking about other stuff and then ended the call about 20 min. later. I was thinking about it today and called to see if the MS rep. had listed the HH for a waitlist for my 2BR. He never took off the 1BR!! :scared1: If I hadn't checked, that could likely have changed back to a 1BR and I may not have been able to get a 2BR back. I'm so glad I checked!![/QUOTE
Let me understand....They had you booked in both the 2 bedroom and the 1 bedroom? Remember that Hospitality House category will limit you if you are on a waitlist. It looks like you have the 2 bedroom run of resort but are waitlisted for the the HH category. That's good that you know you will have the right size unit anyway even if the HH category doesn't come through.

We love January, but we are doing December and March again this year.

Twice I've had similar things happen. I've had previous waitlists set up and then switched the accommodation size and asked MS to cancel the old waitlists. Then, on subsequent calls I've learned that the old waitlists hadn't been cancelled. And one time the waitlist was set up for the wrong month! More than anything it's why I wish we could see the waitlists on the member website.

Glad you were able to catch it before it filled. :thumbsup2

[/QUOTE
Let me understand....They had you booked in both the 2 bedroom and the 1 bedroom? Remember that Hospitality House category will limit you if you are on a waitlist. It looks like you have the 2 bedroom run of resort but are waitlisted for the the HH category. That's good that you know you will have the right size unit anyway even if the HH category doesn't come through.

We love January, but we are doing December and March again this year.[/QUOTE]

We were only booked for the 2BR (which is what I switched to when my parents accepted our invitation to come with us), but they had left the 1BR HH on the waitlist. So if the waitlist had come through, we would have lost our 2BR (which is what we have to have with 7 people).

I also just called and found out an old waitlist had not been cancelled after being told it had been :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter