MS does respond to complaints, really ...

BEASLYBOO

OKW/Disney... my happy place.
I stayed at Bay Lakes 6/11-6/14, wonderful stay, only one disapointment, our California Grill dinner. Friday 6/26, I e-mailed MS with the details of our spectacular trip and great meals at The Wave, Narcosse's, Citricos finishing with the details of our utterly disappointing meal at CA Grill. Today at 1:30pm, 24 hours later, MS called me to see if I would be willing to answer a few questions regarding my complaint, I was floored! She asked in detail what its shortcoming were, highlights etc and I was brutally honest. She said that only by getting valuable feedback, could they resolve the issues. She then asked me if there was anything that she could do to make up for the disapointing meal and I told her yes, take my experience and the feedback from other diners back to the kitchen and tell them to step up their game! That at these prices there's no excuse for the disapointing food that comes out of there, except for the sushi of course, it's still top notch! I wasn't looking to be compted a meal, it's such a great venue with wonderful service etc., the food should compliment the experience not detract from it. So, take the time to inform Disney of what you encounter, good and bad, who knows.... It might institute positive change. We wait to see...

I had a similar experience. Back in May I wrote a review on Disney's reviews website still in beta testing for Le Cellier. I was not complimentary. I didn't trash the restaurant, but I did express my disappointment in the quality of food. I received a call from Disney to talk about my experience. I told her my thoughts and I really thought that was it. I didn't expect anything else. Before the end of the call, she asked if we had our receipt for Le Cellier. We keep every receipt, so I said yes. She asked me to send her a copy and then told me she had sent a dining gift card for half the amount of the bill to use next time in the park.

I was not expecting anything, nor did I ask. I was very surprised and thanked her for the credit.

If always read that a complaint garners the typical "We've received your e-mail, blah, blah, yada, yada" and I never received one of those, so I expected very little! So this call was an utter surprise. And, you can't fix something you don't know is broken! We'll see!

I had a disappointing experience at CSR--not food related, but did send them feedback, hoping as OP that they take my feedback and step up their game. We also received a phone call stating they received our feedback, could they do anything, apologized for the issue.

Knowing the value of feedback--especially with organizations who appear to place value in what their customers perceive--I send both positive and negative feedback whenever I can.

I've complained to Disney a few times about various things and have always received a call back. I may be jaded, but I think it's a formality to make you feel better. I'm not sure they really take the complaints to heart (ie, pass them on to anyone who will fix the problem.)

I think that they probably take customer feedback seriously but they also cannot change things daily because one customer may have had a negative experience. Like a lot of other organizations, they probably gather a lot of data and then try to fix the top 3 - 5 issues. Meaning, if someone says, "I don't like the cheese soup at Le Cellier" and 30 other people say, "I love the cheese soup at La Cellier", that issue might not make the top 3 that they are looking to fix. That can sometimes give the impression that your complaint was not considered when it actually was.

Great to hear they called back so promptly and took your complaint to heart. I don't think they merely listened to your complaint as a matter of formality. I agree with the poster that they probably gather complaints and positive feedback as a form of data. One bad review may just be the impression of that one particular person. You will never please everyone. However, if people speak up and voice their complaints and there is a trend of similar complaints, Disney will fix it--but only if they're made aware of the situation. Disney is one of the best companies for putting customers first and aiming for customer satisfaction. They wouldn't achieve that if they didn't listen to their customers.

I think that Disney does take feedback seriously, both positive and constructive. In October my husband gifted me and my friend a trip of my lifetime. He was not able to join me die to medications he was taking, so he told me to invite a friend and off we went. We stayed at the Grand ( this was last minute, the floor we were staying on at teh BWI was under construction so they moved us) and Holy Service! Not just from GF staff, but from the second we stepped foot onto Disney operations. DME folks started the magic and it seemed to continue throughout our trip, right to the minute we stepped off of DME to go home. I wrote a detailed letter to Guest Services, describing the wonderful moments that occurred throughout our stay, and as many of the names of those CM's who provided the moments as I could remember. I apologized for not writing them all down. I was surprised to get a call on a SUnday afternoon from the service department, and for me, that showed they read all the letters.

I think that it is impossible for any company to make changes overnight, but that unless they hear the good and the bad from the people who experience the end result of their decisions, they cannot know what is working and what is not.

Just to give some insight into how a company handles feedback. It is all categorized. Starts off by being either a compliment or problem. Problems are then usually either complaints or 'I don't like, or why don't you have' type issues. For complaints they are generally categorized in things like cleanliness, staff friendliness/attentiveness, quality and under each is subcategories. This data is usually reported in 3 month trends.

So for example. WDW looks at their feed back and sees that cleanliness has a lot of complaints. They go dig into those complaints and see that it is washroom x at park y that is routinely mentioned as dirty by guests. Or restaurant a is consistently having problem y. So the feedback is passed on to the managers and they develop action plans to correct these issues.

Thanks BeaslyBoo for taking the time to give constructive feedback to Disney. I know as a manager I can only address issues if I am aware of them. I am particularly grateful to you as I am visiting CG for my anniversary meal very soon so hopefully they will address your issues. I will let you know.

I had a really surreal experience the other year when I had to make a complaint about Chef Mickey which basically involved Mickey knocking my daughter out of the way. It really spoiled the magic for my children who took it personally. Anyway you can imagine that phone call. They asked me whether my issue was concerning a cast member - well, yes I suppose. Then they wanted to know details of the particular cast member. When I told the name - it was so funny when they told me Mickey is very busy and has a tight schedule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter