Mr. Sanchos, Paradise Beach or Chankanaab Park

scrapperjill

DIS Veteran
Out of those three places in Cozumel which would you pick and why. Or if you'd do something else what, where and why?

We are heading that way in a few short weeks :cool1: and still haven't decided what to do when we get to Cozumel. I know most of our group wants to do some open market shopping (If there is such a thing there), snorkeling, swimming and beach lounging. So any input and ideas would be wonderful.

Just got back on 10/1 from the Western and we spent some time at Paradise Beach and would highly recommend it. We have a 6 yr. old and 9 yr. old and they loved the kayak and snorkeling. There are life vests if the kids want to enjoy the large inflatable iceberg and trampolines. The food was excellent, portions were large and very reasonably priced. Tom, the Manager, was very pleasant to our group and kept checking with us to make sure we enjoyed our stay. We had a very nice time, even with the rainstorm that passed through.

I never went to the other two...
but I am ready to go back to Paradise Beach! Exactly what you think a Caribbean beach should be like!
Happy Cruising!
Kristin

I would actually combine Chankanaab with Mr. Sanchos.

Some friends of ours did the park, and loved it. Their pictures were so cool.

However, we did Mr Sanchos and it was great. Good food, good beach, good prices and good shopping.

But we passed the park on the way, so I would do the park early and grab a cab right to Mr. S's.

Jim

We did the Park but I was disappointed in it not because of anything the park did but because it wasn't what my family wanted in particular. We were with 11 other family members and with all of us wanting to do somewhat different things (snorkling and beach mainly) the cabbie suggested we go to the park because it had both. Well the "beach" at the park is actually a salt water lagoon which kind of worked out o.k. because we had small children so they couldn't really run off, but the fact that we had to pay $12/person to get in just to go and sit at the "beach" was so not worth it. I wish we would have gone to Paradise Beach like we had planned even though I have never been there!

Mr. Sancho's has some "open air shopping" as you call it. Great booths.

The beach is wonderful, the food is outstanding. No charge to get in.

Very relaxing, hubby said he could spend days there..lol, and that means a lot since he prefers his computer games in his down time..lol. :rotfl2:

hi...went to paradise beach and then taxi'd to chankanaab for my dolphin excursion. there is a pool right behind the restaurant in paradise beach. got my hair braided in paradise beach for 20$. was such a pretty beach. The iceburg is extremely hard to to climb said my son who is very lean and quite strong. he only made it up 2-3 times. other than that...we didnt do much...didnt have much time before my excusion with the dolphins. :)

Does Mr. Sancho's have fun things for the kids like Paradise? We have two boys. They will be 11 & 14 at the time of sailing.

Thanks for all the great info :)

:earsboy: :earsgirl: pirate: pirate:

How's the snorkeling off Mr Sanchos? I was thinking of going to Chankanaab again, but this might be nice for a change. Also, someone said you have to pay for chairs at Mr Sanchos? If that is true, how much are they?

Thanks everyone for the great responces...Looking forward to hearing more..We're still having a hard time deciding...So we need more input.

I know Mr Sanchos has a water trampoline...and I think they have canoes also.

Anyone know which place has food and beverages included in the admission cost? I thought I read that a while back.

I also read some place that the cost for chairs and use of the water toys/equiptment was about $6pp. I think that was for Mr Sanchos... :rolleyes:

Hi,

For those that have been to Paradise Beach.....does it cost money to get in to this beach club and how much did it cost you for the taxi ride? I'll be visiting Cozmel with a family of seven with one 11 year old and were wondering about this place. I am glad to hear so many people are happy with this place. One more thing....I take it it's clean and Tom sounds friendly. Is the beach shelly or soft? Thanks!

Mmketeer....sailing RCCL-Grandeur 12/17/05 & DCL-Wonder 2/2/06

I'd also like to hear more about Paridise beach...After doing some research on the net last night...I don't think Paradise Beach club charges a fee to get in...but may charge a small fee like $5-6pp to use the water toys and lounge chairs.

I think we have decided to first stop by a snorkel area on the way to Paradise beach...stay there a couple hours then head to Paradise beach for lunch and some beach time....after that our plan is to head back to the city....look for some sort of open-air market...stop by the Hard Rock...and head back to the ship. :rolleyes: At least that's what we came up with last night....who knows how many times will change it. :blush:

Hi! We went to Paradise Beach this August on RCCL Navigator. I think the cab cost $20 for the five of us-my husband paid him so I can't be 100% sure. The beach is free but if you want to use the water toys(water tampolione, ice berg, kayak and stuff) you pay $7 each for a wrist band. The food was great and the water and ice is 100% purified :sunny: . Lot's of umbrella on the beach and plenty of r lounge chairs. The wait staff is very friendly and will serve lunch at your chair or you can go inside the bar area. Ask for Tom, he's the manager. He is happy to hear from folks who find PB through the boards. Have a great trip :banana:

Oh one more thing-the sand is shelly-very fine bits of shell and since the hurricane thisJune or July a lot of rocks have been exposed close to the shoreline. Just look for an opening to walk into the water or wear watershoes. By the way our kids LOVED PB.

:confused3 :confused3 :confused3 My family and I will be traveling with other friends on the western cruise in November. We have heard about another beach in cozumel called nachi cocom which we saw pictures and it was absolutely gorgeous. But the thing that sounds really neat about paradise beach is ice berg in the water my DS11 & DS7 can't wait to do this. So we are really torn as to which one to go to. Has anyone done nachi cocom before? And also does paradise beach have parasailing and wave runners? I would really appreciate any kind of input about both beaches!!!!! Thanx so much for any suggestions :confused3 :confused3

Do your research first, because the last I heard was that Nachi was closed after the last hurricane due to damage. I'd suggest posting over on cruisecritic, where alot of the actual owners of the beaches post. Then you'll be able to determine exactly when it's re-opening (if it hasn't done so already) and decide which beach you'd like to visit.

We were at Paradise Beach last Wednesday. Ah, just one short week ago...

It was $8 to get a wristband to allow you use of the kayaks, iceberg, trampolines and snorkel gear. They ask for a $20 deposit for each snorkel set which is fully refunded when the gear is returned OR you can just give them your credit card which is returned at the end of the day. There are sections where the shells/rocks could be sharp so water shoes would be recommended but since this beach is just next door to Mr. Sanchos, that's probably the same there. There are tables where you can get a massage and a small gift area. It doesn't cost anything to sit at a lounge chair if you decide not to buy the wrist band (which I didn't). I think we paid $13 for the cab (4 of us) and my husband tipped $2. BUT, it was a rainy day and the cabbies could have been anticipating a slow day and could have been happy to take whatever fare they could find?

It was a Great Place!

Scrapperjill, what made you decide on PB? We are on the 10/22 cruise with you, and had booked Nachi Cocum. Just a few weeks ago they emailed to let us know that they are still closed due to the storms, so we have to rearrange our plans too. We are so torn and don't know what to do. We have 4 families in our group, with 3-4yo's, and 1-5yo. We would love an all-inclusive beach, but also a good beach that isn't too rough, for the little ones.

See you in a few weeks! :wave2:

Tiffany-The water at PB is very calm and I would recommend water shoes for the little ones because of the rocks. Once your in the water(about ankle deep) you are usually clear of rocks . Check out the posting for cozumel on cruisecritic.com. Lot's of info on all the beaches and excursions. Have a great day and if you go to PB say hi to Tom for me :wave:

Holly ::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter