83°/61°
Chance of rain:
0%
Wind:
E at 5 mph

MickeyMinnie2Kids said:
Originally Posted by MickeyMinnie2Kids
Hi!

Any ideas as to when the Onboard Halloween Trick or Treat will be held?
Hope they'll have it on the 31st Oct.

I called Disney TWICE and during both calls (with different reps of course), I was told that the Onboard Halloween Trick or Treat will be on our first night - October 28 (Sunday).

Anyone wants to confirm this as well?

That's worried I was told it was on Halloween by the rep I spoke to. Hmmmmm

Anyone else's husbands a sports freak like mine?? I'm thinking I might have to find me a disney husband! Lol my husband is all hyped about watching his 49ers on Monday night and the Giants in the World Series... Um husband "family vacation" not " sport vacation" !!

Thinking about this more, they CAN'T do the party on night 1. Night 1 is the sail away party and the welcome show in the theater. There's no way they could have the sail away party and the welcome show PLUS the Halloween party - it's not feasible.

That's worried I was told it was on Halloween by the rep I spoke to. Hmmmmm

Yup called again and this time the rep told me that it's going to be on Halloween night - Oct 31 Yehey!

Yup called again and this time the rep told me that it's going to be on Halloween night - Oct 31 Yehey!

LOL, I tried calling again today too, that way I could let you know what they said, but the wait was over 15 minutes long! So...I hung up :rotfl2:. I think it's because they had to cancel Castaway Cay on their Bahama's sailing because of the hurricane, it probably flooded their phone lines. I'm glad you heard though - that's great! :cheer2:

I bought the boys sea bands and I think its called "motioneze" its a natural liquid that you put behind the ears. I am really worried if they get sea sick :sick: How do you tell with a baby or toddler?
You've got me there! We have Lorelai's 9 month wellness visit tomorrow with the Pediatrician so I'm going to ask them about infants/babies/toddlers and seasickness. I will let you know what they say!! :thumbsup2

OK, we saw the pediatrician yesterday and this is what they said:
There is nothing we can do. She said babies/toddlers are too young for any kind of motion sickness medicine (Dramamine, etc). She even went away to check on possible options she would be unaware of and came back saying that nothing would be safe, so there's nothing medication wise we could give her. As far as symptoms and differentiating seasickness from something else she said to watch for:
1) abnormal fussiness
2) abnormal nausea
3) won't eat
4) abnormal tiredness - to avoid the sickness they will just go to sleep; the constant sick feeling/throwing up also makes them tired
She said the only thing you can do is to allow the baby to sleep. You can also give the baby 7-up. She said that even at only 9 months old we could give Lorelai 7-up to help settle her stomach. Beyond that, she said it is what it is. Hopefully Lorelai just won't get sick.

I don't know if that helps much for you (I don't remember the age of your baby/toddler), but that's what they told me yesterday. I hope it helps! :thumbsup2

Anyone else's husbands a sports freak like mine?? I'm thinking I might have to find me a disney husband! Lol my husband is all hyped about watching his 49ers on Monday night and the Giants in the World Series... Um husband "family vacation" not " sport vacation" !!

Nope, sorry. That's 1 of the reason I married my husband. I HATE sports so there was no way I was going to marry a sports fanatic! :rotfl: lol, and I'm only partially kidding ;) Ryan's only sport-like vice isn't really even a sport. He's REALLY into Formula 1 racing. He pretty much hates all other kinds though, NASCAR, etc.

party: party: party:
:wave2: OK everyone - only 2 more days left to pack! Yikes! :scared1:
It seems like I've had forever to do it, but it's REALLY hard getting things done with a 9 month old baby. She unpacks everything I pack. I think I've packed our bag 40 times already!! :rotfl2:
Also - tonight is the night we find out what we can and can't do for upgrades. Ryan's going to look at our bank account :scared1: and budget :scared1: and what we have to spend on the ship :scared1: and what bills have to be paid before we leave :scared1: :scared1: and then he'll determine IF we can ask about an upgrade at the terminal. lol, wish us luck!! If it doesn't work out maybe I'll corner Captain Hook and ask him where he burried his pirate gold - Arrr pirate: :lmao:

I signed him up for the nursery each night an hour after dinner since he will probably only last the first half of dinner service.

By the way - do you have 1st seating for dinner (main dining)? We've obviously never done it (or seen it) because we never had kids and we always did 2nd dining, but our friends told us that during main dining they serve kids first and then there's a list of kids signed up to be taken out of the dining room so the parents can have an "adult dinner" and the kids can go play. They said that you sign them up and during dinner the kids club people come and take the kids out of the dining room. Supposedly they make it fun going to every table picking up the kids and they do a human train/congo line type thing through the dining room picking up all of the kids. Well, like I said, that's what I've heard anyway. That might be good for you! You could probably go into the kids club and ask once you get on board and if it's a real thing they still do, then you could sign them up for that!

By the way - we have main dining this trip (1st time ever). Maybe we'll get put with some of you at dinner, who knows! :thumbsup2

Guess what my sister got in the mail today!

The box with all the FE gifts! Yay!

And I got my dress for formal night! Now we just need to get Haley's.

Tip - take the battery out of your cell phone if at all possible! I know people say they turn it off, but I had a friend once who had her cell phone off in the pocket of a bag and something hit or fell on the bag and turned it on! She received a cell phone bill for THOUSANDS of dollars because the phone kept roaming to find service. Remember - it's not "roaming" it's INTERNATIONAL ROAMING, which is never covered on any U.S. cell phone policy! Many people (myself included) will need to use their phones as a camera. Just be careful, make sure you check your phone periodically to see that it's stayed in airplane mode, and don't ever turn it on to use it as a phone or internet!

Hope these things help! :thumbsup2
Only 3 days to go! :banana::cool1::cheer2::yay:

I have Tmobile and a couple months ago I went on a missions trip to Mexico. I had to keep my phone on, but I kept the data portion turned off. (I kept it on because I was on a trip w/out hubby or kids, so I kept it on for emergency purposes). I only used the phone 1-2 minutes per day just to say gnight to hubby. Well my phone did ring in Mexico, but I didn't answer it. DON'T YOU KNOW....I got CHARGED :mad: for calls I NEVER answered?!?!?!?! Crazy huh? I got it corrected because I had an extensive talk prior to this trip so I was mad that I got charged for not doing anything. So a heads up to anyone else. This time we will be only on straight airplane mode, unless I make a call/text

Hey guys,
Guess what came yesterday? My cruise docs....:hourglass Just in time...

:dance3: Talk about cutting it close!!!

If there was a meet up where husbands and children could join we would considering going, but there's not much of that.

Have you every been on a Disney Cruise before? More specifically, have you ever seen the Toy Story Musical on the ship? That might be a good night for us to do something because I HATE that show! Ryan has promised me we can skip it (thank GOD). The problem is we don't know which night that will be. Disney refuses to tell you because things could change and they don't want it to be a problem if people make reservations around it, etc. But, I'm pretty sure that night is open! The other problem is - do they do comedy night and stuff on show nights? :confused3 I'm drawing a blank and can't remember.

We do have this scheduled: Friday Nov 2 Cabo San Lucas Day
-2pm Family Games - Promenade Lounge - if there is a game like trivia already scheduled there, we can all join in

Also I am not the biggest fan of the Toy Story Musical show either, I actually was falling asleep last time, but if DS7 wants to see it we may have to go. :rolleyes:

Good news on the weather front:

San Pedro:

Sun Oct 28
Sunny
83°/61°
Chance of rain:
0%
Wind:
E at 5 mph

:beach: WHOOP WHOOP!!

I was just saying yesterday that they would be showing the world series on board (hubbys been watching the games). He is a total family man, but does enjoy sports. He is also a Niners fan! But sports don't take over the TV, but maybe our hubbys can be friends and talk sports :goodvibes I am not a baseball fan (I think its fun to watch live, but boooooring on TV) But I do think its kinda cool to have the world series on the ship :thumbsup2

OK, we saw the pediatrician yesterday and this is what they said:
There is nothing we can do. She said babies/toddlers are too young for any kind of motion sickness medicine (Dramamine, etc). She even went away to check on possible options she would be unaware of and came back saying that nothing would be safe, so there's nothing medication wise we could give her. As far as symptoms and differentiating seasickness from something else she said to watch for:
1) abnormal fussiness
2) abnormal nausea
3) won't eat
4) abnormal tiredness - to avoid the sickness they will just go to sleep; the constant sick feeling/throwing up also makes them tired
She said the only thing you can do is to allow the baby to sleep. You can also give the baby 7-up. She said that even at only 9 months old we could give Lorelai 7-up to help settle her stomach. Beyond that, she said it is what it is. Hopefully Lorelai just won't get sick.

I don't know if that helps much for you (I don't remember the age of your baby/toddler), but that's what they told me yesterday. I hope it helps! :thumbsup2

Thank you so much for checking in! He is 2.5, so too young for meds. I hope this natural behind the ear liquid helps.

By the way - do you have 1st seating for dinner (main dining)? We've obviously never done it (or seen it) because we never had kids and we always did 2nd dining, but our friends told us that during main dining they serve kids first and then there's a list of kids signed up to be taken out of the dining room so the parents can have an "adult dinner" and the kids can go play. They said that you sign them up and during dinner the kids club people come and take the kids out of the dining room. Supposedly they make it fun going to every table picking up the kids and they do a human train/congo line type thing through the dining room picking up all of the kids. Well, like I said, that's what I've heard anyway. That might be good for you! You could probably go into the kids club and ask once you get on board and if it's a real thing they still do, then you could sign them up for that!

By the way - we have main dining this trip (1st time ever). Maybe we'll get put with some of you at dinner, who knows! :thumbsup2

This cruise we are 1st seating- we are new to this seating as well. I am sure my DS7 will be conga-ing out the door! DS2 will probably have to get dropped off since its the nursery.

Guess what my sister got in the mail today!

The box with all the FE gifts! Yay!

And I got my dress for formal night! Now we just need to get Haley's.

YAY!!!!! :dance3:

I am a procrastinator to the extreme and have yet to pack :sad2: Hubs and I plan on pulling an all nighter (kinda :lmao:) and packing everything tomorrow. Problem is, I usually pack!! :sad: I am OCD and hubby doesn't have great fashion sense, so I have to make sure the boys have decent matching clothes! :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: I have to make it through ONE more working day!!! I AM PRAYING that my staff are easy going tomorrow! They can be quite needy sometimes! The JOYS of management! :rotfl:

We are on our way from Colorado! Can't wait to get to warm weather!

Yay! Have a safe trip. You're in luck. A few days ago the highs were in the 50's. We are forecasted for mid 80's to mid 90's for the whole trip though. I'll trade you homes! lol, I MUCH prefer the cold weather.See you soon.

Wow, today is going to be a craptacular day. At 3:00am I was still wife awake unable to sleep. I don't know when I finally passed out, but I was up again at 6:30. I'm either going to cry or throw up. I'm o tired!

Anyhow, we leave tomorrow, yay!

Pm a side note, yesterday morning all categories on the ship except two were still available but more it says the cruise is sold out. I sincerely doubt that. In hoping/guessing they just closed it. lol, I will cross my fingers that we get upgrades for all! Haha! I know its a pipe dream but it is my anniversary, I'm allowed to dream a little!

Packed in my head. :yay:

Classic!! Me too! LOL.

So, according to my phone, we are looking at temps in the high 80s and low 90s in Cabo & PV next week, with showers in PV.
This is what I had for last year, too- but it didn't rain during the day in PV. There were, however, lightning storms and rain as we were pulling away. It was awesome!

Wow, what a rough day :sad1: I'd rather not talk about it but lets just say I spent half the day in tears. Glad it's over! Whew - quite the day to have before our vacation.

On to happier things . . .

I'm signing off now! I have to go unpack and repack everything . . . again! :lmao: First thing when we wake up tomorrow we'll be on our way. YAY! See y'all in 2 days! :woohoo:

Wow, today is going to be a craptacular day. At 3:00am I was still wife awake unable to sleep. I don't know when I finally passed out, but I was up again at 6:30. I'm either going to cry or throw up. I'm o tired!

Anyhow, we leave tomorrow, yay!

Pm a side note, yesterday morning all categories on the ship except two were still available but more it says the cruise is sold out. I sincerely doubt that. In hoping/guessing they just closed it. lol, I will cross my fingers that we get upgrades for all! Haha! I know its a pipe dream but it is my anniversary, I'm allowed to dream a little!

I doubt it too. I was checking not too long ago and every category was still available. Heres to pixie dust!! pixiedust:

Packed in my head. :yay:

:lmao: Me too!! STILL!

Wow, what a rough day :sad1: I'd rather not talk about it but lets just say I spent half the day in tears. Glad it's over! Whew - quite the day to have before our vacation.

On to happier things . . .

I'm signing off now! I have to go unpack and repack everything . . . again! :lmao: First thing when we wake up tomorrow we'll be on our way. YAY! See y'all in 2 days! :woohoo:

:goodvibes hugs! It will be better tomorrow!!

Hubby is bugging me to pack....gotta go :rotfl2:

OMG child - S L E E P ! ! ! !

Last night I was up at 3:00 AM. Now it's 12:30 AM and something feels all too familiar. It's not such a big deal because there is no rush tomorrow - just a relaxing fun day and no timelines to follow. BUT, the longer she stays awake the later it will be tomorrow when we are able to leave. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter