• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Movies to watch before disney(older)

jessica29

DIS FAN
I wanted to show my kids some movies that relate to the attractions and was trying to get suggestions. I know all the recent ones, cars, princesses,etc. I am not looking for those.

I am looking for ones kids these days may not be familiar with. I thought of tom sawyer (for ts island). and steamboat willie. What else?

Splash Mountain has theming from Song of the South.It may be hard to find but you can watch clips from youtube.

My kids weren't really familiar with Mary Poppins or Alice in Wonderland, they just didn't get into them, but they love them now that they are back from seeing the "real" person. LOL

I have never heard of it. LOL I am turning 30 this year, musta been before my time too.:laughing:

I guess I am lucky to be old enough to have seen Song of The South at the drive-in when I was young. I still remember a lot of it. Disney has appearently determined it would be in poor taste to allow it to be shown now.:confused3 I still love the songs.

You did not say how old your kids are but if they are old enough to "get" them make sure they have seen Indiana Jones and Honey I shrunk the kids. I really think my kids enjoyed those shows more because they had seen the movies.

You did not say how old your kids are but if they are old enough to "get" them make sure they have seen Indiana Jones and Honey I shrunk the kids. I really think my kids enjoyed those shows more because they had seen the movies.

Honey I shrunk the kids was just on so the kids watched that. I forgot about indiana jones:thumbsup2

My kids LOVE Swiss Family Robinson. That's a must-see if you're going to their treehouse.

I guess I am lucky to be old enough to have seen Song of The South at the drive-in when I was young. I still remember a lot of it. Disney has appearently determined it would be in poor taste to allow it to be shown now.:confused3 I still love the songs.

I guess reading the stories about Uncle Remus isn't the same without the catchy music is it?:sad2:

Again, depending on how old they are, Pirates of the Caribbean! Yo ho, yo ho! Peter Pan. The new Alice in Wonderland movie comes out before too long. I can't wait to see that!

Again, depending on how old they are, Pirates of the Caribbean! Yo ho, yo ho! Peter Pan. The new Alice in Wonderland movie comes out before too long. I can't wait to see that!

It comes out the day we are at disney! I like the one that was on tv back in 1985. I was 5 then so I guess it has sentimental value to me. I haven't cared for the other ones I have seen. I am just not excited about he new one.

I am doing the same thing! Jungle Book is on my list as I think there are alot of characters in parades etc in AK. I would add Lion King to the list for the same reason!

We watched Swiss Family Robinson last weekend. :thumbsup2 We've never been to the treehouse in Adventureland and now after seeing the movie, it's at the top of our list.

Jungle Book characters are around the park - Baloo and another one - don't remember his name! Kids enjoyed the vast size of them!

I agree: the treehouse is a must-see. It is so amazing! Tom Sawyer is a good idea, and is Song of the South (although I've never been able to find that one and Splash Mountain is my favorite ride :sad2:). Really, any classic Disney is wonderful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter