Movies to watch before disney(older)

Discussion in 'Disney World Tips' started by jessica29, Jan 26, 2010.

1. dvcterry

dvcterry DIS Veteran

how about dumbo or pinocchio, alice in wonderland. you can try borrowing the movies sometimes depending which resort you are staying, there are many selections to choose from. not sure how old your children are but have they seen beauty & the beast, little mermaid, lion king, aladdin, bug's life, monsters inc. not the classics but just some suggestions.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Lori1960

Lori1960 Mouseketeer

Snow white.Disney will not release Song of the South in the theaters or on DVD cause of Jesse Jackson.He said his ornazation would boycot Disney if they release Song of South cause he said its makes fun of the way black people used to talk when they were slaves

4. DisLis

DisLis Mouseketeer

Rescuers Down Under is a family favorite - all ages.
    Also love The Emperor's New Groove.

5. Stisnd6

Stisnd6 Earning My Ears

Peter Pan, Aladdin, and Lion King. Disney essentials lol

6. HappyGal

HappyGal DIS Veteran

I think song of the South is a must see for Splash Mountain fans. I was told the Song of the South was never released in VHS or DVD is in the U.S. and that all the VHS copies on Ebay are made for European VCRs.

I ordered a dvd from this site and the quality was great. Knowing the characters from the movie makes the ride even more fun!

http://www.mayancastledvd.net/

7. DisneyDetective

DisneyDetective DIS Veteran

I suppose depending on your kids age you have quite a variety of classics to choose from for example Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Dumbo, Fantasia, leading to the more modern films that were made in the 90's like Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Lion King. Away from animation you have such films as Swiss Family Robinson, Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Mary Poppins and The Wizard of Oz.

8. Lori1960

Lori1960 Mouseketeer

The other character from the jungle book that walks around AK is king louie