• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mouths Agape,eyes Full Of Glow The Spongie Family Is Ready To Go! Update Last Day

!!!!!!!!HEY!!!!!! MISTY!!!!!!!!!
TAP TAP TAP

Anyone in there????

Come on, pretty pretty please give us another installment????? Pretty please with sugar on top????

Heh heh! Nice use of fonts and colors, TJ!!! :love:

Rumor on the streets is she's working on it :cool2:

I just talked to her and her youngest was crying in the background so I had to cut it short. Misty made Norah the most adorable outfit! She wore it to preschool today and looked so darn cute!

Um - can you post a picture of Norah in her outfit? Pretty please.

Laura

Yup! I gave my DH the card from the camera last night, but when I went into photobucket, the pics were not there. So as soon as he gets home, I'll post. It was super cute on her, the teachers and moms all ooooh'd and ahhh'd. Misty ROCKS!

Spongemama fans are running AMUK on this thread...
Actually, not really....but should!

AMUK, AMUK, AMUK (which reminds me of the cool movie Hocus Pocus)

Misty made this adorable dress for Norah! I love it because it'll be perfect in the spring and summer also.:cloud9: :hug: :cheer2: :yay:

Pissy Missy (not Misty...LOL!) would NOT cooperate. I promised her gum if she smiled...she didn't get any!
Pict0035A.jpg

That dress is sooo cute! :cutie: I miss having a little girl I can dress!

That outfit is just adorable! Now tell her to put the machine away and come back to her loyal readers ;)

I am trying i have had a crazy busy week i ppppppppprrrrrrroooooooomise i will have it posted tommorow night ;) :lovestruc
Thanks for being such loyal readers:worship:

i will be uploading my pictures tommorow because things :rolleyes1 are not working everything will be up tommorow sorry ! Thanks for reading

Don't worry Misty, I'm still waiting very patiently. UM - your little girl is so cute. My DD2 hates her picture taken too.

A change in plans , Day 5 Oct 24th
The plan is to go back to Universal Studios again and maybe hit a beach , i look over and MIL is frantically looking through all her stuff and mumbbling something ,
Lonnie looks at her and ask's what she is looking for and she replies my ticket to get into Universal. she ask's me if i have it and i tell her no she did not want to give it to me so she was on her own , i go into the other room and lay next to dh and i say we can just chill in the hotel today, and he say's why not go into disney and use one of our days . so that is the plan i go to the other side to let MIL know and she has made a huge mess taking everything out looking for her ticket . we get the kids ready and start to head out but before MIL decides she needs to start cleaning up the things that housekeeping is supposed too, like making beds etc,
DH looks at her and tells her that we are leaving with her or with out, it is her choice so you mumbles something which has to do with me making a mess (excuse me i did not just tear apart my suitcase and bags looking for a universal ticket) we are there early we had to rent 2 strollers because ours was in the hotel room from the previous night , Everyone is starving so we decide to go eat at the Carnation Cafe, there are mickey waffles orderded for myself
DSCF0264.jpg

and the kidlets
DSCF0263.jpg
and for dh and mil a scrambled egg, croissant meal
DSCF0265.jpg
i was amazed at how the chef came out and was talking to us and even cutting up Camden's waffle he was such a nice guy and told us that he had been there since Walt disney was alive .
DSCF0266.jpg

I looked over at the crowd lining up in front of us and was wondering what was going on and then it hit me, It was rope drop,, I only know of this because of seeing it on tv . after our tummy's were full we headed down main street and ran into Our 1st pin trader Micheal he was such a nice guy and helped us through with how to do the trading
DSCF0268.jpg

DSCF0269.jpg

and shared some more pixie dust he traded one pin for 2 because it was our 1st time
DSCF0267.jpg
with a endless amounts of thank you's we were on our way.
my MIL had to talk to him for 10 more minutes while we walked away
DSCF0270.jpg

we as a family decided to hit Adventure land
DSCF0271.jpg

We were so suprised as to how dead it was there were literally only a hand full of people there so we kept on trekking . We came to our 1st ride of the Day
The Jungle Cruise
DSCF0274.jpg
which i personally enjoyed the corny jokes and commentary
DSCF0276.jpg
DSCF0279.jpg

our captain was a nice lady (name escapes me)
DSCF0282.jpg

Had to get pictures off my favorite animal The Hippo
DSCF0283.jpg

DSCF0284.jpg

after that ride was over we noticed that it was starting to get a Lil bit busier ( I had made the comment that we should have went and rode Nemo 1st... Oh well we headed to Indianna Jones and Mil, DH and the boys went on 1st while i sat back with Mayson and Camden and Jayedyn, after they got off i grabbed Jayedyn and walked right through it was so fast i noticed nothing. Jayedyn was scared out of her mind again but with a lil coaxing she was on and riding, Mil had decided to ride again so she had Khrystian and logan but at the last minute she disapears (it seems that we did not wait for her so she was upset and just left my kids alone,):scared1: at the front some guy was telling them they had to go back and go through the right line. So i jump out of the ride all confused and a lil disturbed and begin to tell them that those are my kids and my Mil was supposed to be with them, One of the CM's tells me she just left..:headache: Bye then i think the anger is apparent on my face:rolleyes1 not towards them but My Darling MIL ,
i tell them that we will all go back to the beginning and wait in line together so we can all ride at the same time . He tells us that there is no need for that and loads us all in . Our Adventure begins we are tossed this way and that, up and down around corners ect while screaming our heads off, i have my arm across the bar all the way in front of Jayedyn So that she would feel a little bit safer, The rides ends and there are claps and screams from CM's telling us welcome back and we survived.. we all jump out and i hear Jayedyn's excitement in her voice she wants to ride it again (Go Figure)
We walk outside and Mayson is bawling he wanted to ride
DSCF0291.jpg
So i grab his stroller and begin My version of Indianna he is giggling and Happy Maybe a little sick :laughing: so we continue on,
We our gonna hit POC next! pirate: :love: pirate: Oh i have been looking forward to this ride ,
we get in the walking line and in no time we are there and in our boat as the sea sickness begins I can see the kids excitement building up as we go down the 1st lil dip i squeeze camden a lil tighter The kids are all singing by now and so is Lonnie I try to snap some pictures but with out a flash it is impossible so i just enjoy the ride,,
We all loved it and heard some familiar lines that were used in the POC movies.
Can i just say that Jack sparrow was awesome . the ooh's and awe's from all the ladies on board and the looks from the men was classic!
The ride is over too soon and so we make our way out into the Port Royal and look around for possible souvenir Ideas ( we decided as a family that our last day would be the day we got our souvenirs )
Dh suprised me and bought me a pirate hat, so i immediately put it on because my hair was driving me crazy .
We stopped and got the Required picture (I see it in alot of TR) of The French quarter
disneyland2oct2410-24-20071-38-24.jpg
with a short wait ,to watch the New Orleans Mardi Gra's Band... and get our beads

We are at the NBC Haunted mansion ride
DSCF0297.jpg

the line was nothing just a short walk
DSCF0299.jpg

(okay so a long walk) because i was snapping away a ton of pictures because it was all decorated
disneyland2oct2410-24-20071-43-27AM.jpg

DSCF0301.jpg

it was hard to see the original decor because of all the NBC things but we loved it anyway
DSCF0302.jpg

9b_edited-1.jpg

13.jpg

14_edited-1.jpg

We were lucky enough that the ride stopped 3 times 1st right in front of Jack
IMG_7968.jpg

2nd in the grave Yard
IMG_7981.jpg

and 3rd right in front of oogie boogie
z.jpg

I did not get to see alot of original decor because of all the Jack NBC stuff which is okay,, we will just have to go back , i loved the ride except for the end it is really hard
removing a 2yr old and 4 yr old on the escalating floor with out falling on my face (which i almost did)
we all said goodbye to sally as we left ....

About this time it was a very needed potty break so we headed to Critter country where We saw a Bunch of characters, I just took a picture of Eyeore and Pooh because there was a pretty long line,
DSCF0303.jpg

DSCF0304.jpg

Somehow we walked right past,,, The Many Adventures of Pooh ride .. (whattttt?) So
We hit Splash Mountain
The pictures speaks for itself as to how the kids felt
splashmtnwithkiddos.jpg
They had No idea who any of the characters inside were.
i felt like a teacher trying to explain and enjoy the ride at the same time
I had my leg wrapped tightly up around Camden to Brace him because i feared he would go flying out and just told all my kids to hold on tight as we plummeted down.
Amazingly.... we all survived and they thought it was a blast,
After we were finished Lonnie took Camden again, and i think he was a lil bit more comfortable with me then Dad
splashmtn.jpg
lil' Man was out once again, while we were waiting The kids wanted another picture so i snapped a few more
DSCF0305.jpg
we decided that it was time for lunch and we would be dinning in FrontierLand ,
as we were walking by the columbia who do we see heading over to Pirate's Lair than the one and only Jack but when i snapped of course he turns his back and then crosses behind a pole....
DSCF0307.jpg

Mil needs another smoking break ,,so i decide to head over there with the kids (really i just wanted to find Jack ) we got our maps and began the treasure hunt and what do you know ,after only 15 minutes what do my kids discover ??
The Treasure ,There is a Photo pass Photographer taking pictures i hand her my card and she snaps away, I decided that i would close my eyes for a lil break and what happens she snaps my photo with the kids (it was just supposed to be the kids ) so my eyes are shut in the picture.....
image048.jpg

anywhoo! we search all over and no Jack!
I snap a few pictures of the kiddos
DSCF0313_edited-1.jpg

DSCF0312.jpg

DSCF0316.jpg

DSCF0317.jpg

and decide we have been there long enough and head back to finally get something for lunch ..
We wanted to eat at The Golden Horseshoe Stage but it was packed, I had heard alot about the show inside and wanted to see it .
So instead ,we made our way over to
The Rancho del Zocalo Resterante For some killer good food (Even the kiddos ate everything on there plate If i remember right i think they had Mickey head soft tacos) With our full bellies We headed on over to FanastyLand so that the kiddos could ride some rides and we could just hang out. after the kids ride a few rides our bellies were calmed down and it was on over to tackle Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.. 1st it was Lonnie,Logan and Annie and Khrystian , and of course we hung back, but instead of waiting we headed over to Woody's Halloween Round up.
We snapped some pictures
Btmranchoct2410-27-20078-03-01AM10-.jpg
and thought they would be done riding . so we made our way over as we were waiting Camden pointed out that the cactus looked like Mickey and so i pulled out the camera and snapped a picture
DSCF0342.jpg
and then just as i looked up the ride was making it's way around and i missed lonnie and logan ...:rolleyes1 Then it was mine and Jayedyn's turn we went up the ride share part and waited our 5 minutes and then we were off (Now i had heard alot about The Goat Trick from the Dis boards so i was gonna attempt this,
As you go around the bend at the top there is a Goat on one of the hills the trick (if i understood it right) is as you whip around you are supposed to watch the goat the whole time which i found gives you a tiny bit of whiplash and makes your tummy feel all funny, not sick like, just like a ton of butterflies floating around inside there.

Of Course MIL needs to smoke again so she heads off and While waiting for her
Khrystian wants to ride the Mark twain steamboat so that is our next stop, Mil wants to ride too so we wait for her and we all jump aboard and find a bench.
MIL decides she does not want to be by us and heads all the way to the other side
DSCF0344.jpg

At this time i call some Dis Peeps who are there also playing that day to set up My 1st Peep Meet (which i am so nervous ) after the relaxing ride we exit and who is waiting for us but Disneegrl4eva and Matterhorn from The Hyena 's Thread .
They were both very nice and Gave us some very useful information on the best place for the fireworks ..
We decided to let our kids run amuck in Tarzan's Tree house which gave us a lil bit of time to talk we go over to FanastyLand and Hit Mr Toads Wild Ride
DSCF0364.jpg

then our time is up and they had to leave , but not before a picture was snapped (why is it when you just want to take a picture by yourself one of your kids has to run in crying and slam you in the stomach so that you have a terrible expression on your face ?)
disneyland2oct2410-24-20076-47-57AM.jpg

Or is that just my kids?
After they left we decided to hit a few rides there as Mil was complaining once again to me that i did not talk to her while the Dis peeps were there.......... OMG!!!! i am so sorry...
The kids want to ride the Carousel with Mary Poppins and Burt so they hopped on, Camden was pretty sad that the horses did not come off like they do in the movie ,After the ride We all took our turns trying to pull the sword out of the stone... but to no avail...
DSCF0380_edited-1.jpg

DSCF0379.jpg

DSCF0378.jpg

DSCF0377.jpg

DSCF0376_edited-1.jpg

DSCF0375_edited-1.jpg

We hit Snow Whites scary ride and Pinochios' daring journey and then Headed over to TommorowLand To hit Nemo, (or just walk by it) because it still had a huge wait time.
Mil needed another smoke break so she went and did that ,
and the kids went to get there Driver License's at the Autotopia race track
Me and Mayson hung back and he fell asleep I watched The Cm's move everyone's strollers around while they were waiting for there turn on Nemo,
the people would come off the ride and panic because they could not find their strollers
DSCF0383_edited-1.jpg
It was kinda funny but messed up at the same time ..
I helped one Family look for their's with my 2 strollers right next to me i whip around and Mayson is nowhere to be found:scared1:
I ask one of the CM's if they moved him and she replies "yes to make room for more" i laughed and asked "if she had noticed anything special about mine, and she replies "no" she walks over to grab it and then notices the sleeping child in it .:eek:
She continues to appologies profusely for another 10 minutes and i assure her she is okay .
i made her pretty uncomfortable because i was just standing there still she apologizes again and i let her know that she probably wont top that for the rest of the night .she laughs and my gang is coming down the ramp,
khrystian ask's where the other stroller was and i had completely forgot about it but i have an idea of where it would be so i walk up and sure enough it is there.
i tell the Cm to Have a nice night she laughs ,and say's "Sometimes it is a good idea to let sleeping babies lie where they are...." Lonnie looks at me with a puzzled look on his face and we head off to find MIL
We decide that since the park is closing soon to hit one more ride and the kids want it to be the NBC Haunted Mansion instead of walking we jump on the last train to New orleans Square.
Now this was a very exciting and fun Train ride for Mayson.
The conductor stood next to us the whole time and talked to us like we had been friends forever.
He then took off his Hat and stuck it on Mayson which he rode all the way there
DSCF0385-1.jpg

before we got off he gave mayson a Button that said Honorary Citizen of DisneyLand Key to the City.
We said our goodbyes and handshakes were shared, and on to the NBC which remarkable there was absolutely no wait except for MIL who would not go fast enough (which Lonnie was getting very frustrated by now ).
DSCF0386.jpg

i snapped some more pictures and we rode the ride,
i am glad the park was closing because i could see that everyone was exhausted we made our way up front and turned everything in and Mil starts complaining again that she has to walk to the tram ...
So what should have taken us a easy 5 minutes ends up being a 20 minute walk with 7 stops and sit downs
we finally make it to the tram
DSCF0391_edited-1.jpg

and enjoy the nice breeze back, by this day the air was alot cleaner and did not smell as bad . unloading was a lil bit of a task because we had 2 sleeping children I grabbed the diaper bag and Mayson and lonnie grabbed camden and we made our way back to the car leaving mil grumbling behind as to why we could not wait for her (let's see carrying a child who is asleep and dead wait walking slow. Does that sound right to you? (Nope i didn't think so)
We loaded up the kids and they all crashed except for lil girl who wanted a shake so we stopped by and grabbed a snack and then back to the hotel , I immediately started Mayson his bath and Him and Jayedyn took theirs while i made sure that boys on the other side were taking theirs;
Now Tommorow was a pretty Laid Back Day
The only thing we had was the Mickey's Halloween Treat @ DCA at 6:00 so nothing else was scheduled for the day
i was pretty relieved and thought maybe i could get some sleep that night
Why do i even think anymore ..
Mayson fell asleep relativaly fast and in his crib
Whooo hooo for me
Jayedyn was out and so was the gang in the next room
I started my night routine and it starts
the whinning and complaining not from any of my kids BY now you know whoooo:headache:
her stomach was upset and she was so tired she could not sleep so on went the T.V louder than should be
i turned it down when she walked into the bathroom she started to get sick so she went outside to smoke , I found out that she had 2 nicotine patches on and had smoked at least 12 times that day(which i would guess is a bad thing)
so it begins but i swear this time it was as if Godzilla was trouncing through the room .
i turn on my ipod again and start to fall asleep when i am abruptly awaken when i hear a loud fall,
Mil has fallen down in the bathroom after taking a shower I rush in there and thank god she was already dressed ,help her up and she has to go outside to smoke
which if you have not guessed the loud crash has woken up Mayson and the people down stairs
i grab Mayson and try to quiet him down when i can hear MIL talking outside it seems that the people downstairs complained so they called the front desk and someone was outside talking to her
i immediately hear her start to swear Loudly as to how the people downstairs should mind their own ********************* business , so i open the door and ask what the helk is going on? The lady from the front desk explains what has happened and the people downstairs heard a loud crash and called the front desk CONCERNED not COMPLAINING! I apologize once again and get Mil Back inside and in her bed, Lonnie has gotten Mayson Down But he is asleep on my bed ,
I thank Dh and tell him to go back to sleep. i pull my blanket on to the floor and don't even lie down i just sit up against the bed and lean my head back as tears roll down my face i am just so overwhelmed and Exhausted and just want to sleep but i am so excited that we are on vacation and having a blast as a family ( and think about how many times i have seen a smile on my kidlets faces ) i turn on my I-pod and close my eyes hoping that i can sleep for just a hour more than before .
I fall asleep again and Mayson wakes up because Mil has slammed the door going outside to smoke
i look at my watch and realize it is 4 am and i have gotten 2 hours uniterrupted, :worship: i grab mayson swaddle him in my arms and fall back to sleep for another hour and then i am awoke by the sound of MIL chronic coughing which has turn to throwing up
i wait a couple of minutes and see if she is okay
i set Mayson down and go in to the bathroom and rub her back and help her back into her bed (she mumbles How such a wonderful Daughter i am and that she loves me ) she falls asleep and i just sit down on the floor again which is very comfortable to me (esp. after 4 c-sections , Gall bladder , and a complete Hysterectomy i have mastered the sitting up sleeping position . i grab my computer and try again to get on the Dis-Boards but again no Go !!! we paid for internet service but can't get it to work.... So I lay my head back on the bed and end up falling asleep till the kiddos wake me up 2 hrs later to start our day...

Next chapter The Hollywood Wax Museum (NOT) Mickey's Halloween T

Yeah! I'm First! Thanks for the great 3 part update! It was worth waiting for. I can see why you were MIA while we ran amuck :lmao: Lots to say. I can't believe your MIL left your kids :scared1: Thank God you were able to get them all together before you took off! You are really sweet to put up with her. I'm glad you could find a way to enjoy your kids and try to ignore her. I don't think I could have been as nice as you. If she were my MIL, She would have been in her own room alone without anyone to rub her back and pick her up off the floor - kudos to you. :thumbsup2 I hope you get some rest some time in this story? You deserve the DIL of the year award! :worship:

I have been waiting patiently for the next installments and the adventures of MIL...........
You are a legend because I would of put her on the next plane or bus. You have the patience of a saint. :worship:
Did you confront her about walking off and leaving the kids? I can't believe any grandparent would do such a irresponsible thing. :scared1:
Give her another packet of ciggies and a packet of patches and tell her to knock herself out. :rotfl2: No wonder she's so sick, Duh! :sick:

Besides all of that, it sounds like the kids are having a ball and you still are getting the disney magic:flower3:

Dear Lord are you an angel! :angel: I would soooo not be dealing with my MIL (not that I have one... but if i did!). I would let her son be woken up by the hacking & wheezing and door slamming and everything. Maybe I'm just mean. :confused3 But you- to have the patience for everything you've put up with from her- you are AWESOME!:worship:

thanks i am glad your enjoying it

we are buying AP's and doing a redo in july just me and Hubby and then Oct again with the kiddos(No MIL)

Oooh! When are you going in October? I'm sorta planning for another UEA trip! We could have a little DIS meet (even though we are already BFF:rotfl: ) I'm even a little tempted to buy APs but DH doesn't have any vacation left this year. If I could stand driving that far myself I'd bring a niece to help me and go without him! Loved your update. I laughed sooo hard over the stroller moving incident, Lily was looking at me funny :rotfl2: I don't know how you are so kind and patient with your MIL! My MIL was quite a character too, other than the smoking, I think I could see some of the same incidents happening with her, but she died before we had kids so I'll just live it all through you! Can't wait to hear more!

Oh yeah, and I LOVE the splash mountian pictures! Especially Jayedyn!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter