Mouths Agape,eyes Full Of Glow The Spongie Family Is Ready To Go! Update Last Day

I am in awe of you, and your patience.

I can't believe your MIL actually asked you to get a soda for her in the middle of the night!!!!!! Geesh!! What nerve!! :headache:

I am realy enjoying your TR so far. You are a great writer.

Haven't talked to you for a while, and didn't know if you knew, but we're going this Thursday to DL. Can hardly wait!!

Melody
Thanks for jumping on board , Lucky you are probably back by now ..:goodvibes

Well I finally made it here to read your TR. I LOVE it!! More, More, More!! I've been laughing so hard tonight. Thanks for a great time!:lmao:
i am glad i can make you laugh as i write i chuckle to myself I just hope i can put it in to the right words as to how things were..

Hey Misty! I'm really enjoying your trip report! Your MIL sounds like a ton of fun!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I think the reason we can't see your pictures is because you put your pictures into subalbums and then didn't change the links in your report.

I can't wait for you next installment! Make sure to let us know on the disboutique thread!
next installment soon i promise
OMG! Chronic audio vomit!:rotfl: And bed music! The lovely sounds of the night.
You made me remember all the drama of going to DL when our kids were little, and all the reasons it was worth it. I think many of those tears are sleep deprivation.
Keep it going Spongie! I'm lovin' it.
thanks, i cried through almost every moment of our tr i do not think it was because i was tired it's that disney magic

I can see that one too!

:3dglasses Thanks, I'm not crazy!

edited to add: I can see the rest of em, too!!!!Yayyyy!

Whatever you did, it worked!!! Thanks!

Don't know if I ever mentioned this, but, your kids are sooooo cute! And delicious! (Camden is afraid I will eat him someday!)
i will let my lil one's know how cute you think they are and make sure to tell camden you are gonna eat him up:rotfl:

OMG are you a saint or what ??? I would have asked her to leave by night #2. Seriously, How did you put up with it ??? You must have a heart of GOLD !

I am LOVING your TR and can't wait for more.
:thumbsup2

My MIL came to Disney with us in May but she is a cross between Mary Poppins and Cinderella's fairy god mother. She is ALWAYS happy. I can't imagine being in the happiness place on earth with someone that negitive. You must have a lot of pixie dust in your heart :wizard: .

Tinkabella (aka Kim the lurker peep)
alot of pixie dust i had bags and bags of it,;) if it was just me and her Maybe not so much but with My dh and kids How could i not , esp when my lil 2 yr old saw mickey :love:

Too bad DH wouldn't sleep ion the same room as her! I would have seriously thought of getting a third room just for her!!!! :cutie: (But, that's just me!)

You had me in tears as I read about your first day at DL! :sad1: All those feelings of first seeing the castle are overwhelming! I am so gload you had a great day!!

Can't wait to hear more!!! :cheer2:
He asked and i kept telling him just to go to sleep because i did not think it would be too bad because i was just gonna go to sleep and dream disney thoughts:confused3

YES!!!!:banana: So excited to read more!!! This is a scream to read!!! You are still alive and typing, Spongie, so I am glad to see you survived MIL!!:thumbsup2
Thanks for jumping aboard

Hi Misty,

Finally caught up with your report again. Great story, LOL, Although I could do without the MIL component if it were me.

Which reminds me, I went on my honeymoon with my MIL to Amsterdam, Brussels and Paris, since she came to Germany to the weddding, and we could not very well leave her there alone. Although she did not belch or otherwise was very obtrusive, let's just say that MIL on a honeymoon is not the best choice.
So we went back home, picked up MY mother, and went on another trip to the south of Germany and Austria. At least the 2 mother kept each other some company. One in broken english, and one in no German at all.:laughing:

Anyway, great report, Misty :thumbsup2
:rotfl: that was a good idea , thanks for reading ,

Nightmare on Mainstreet! :scared1: You are a gem to not only take care of your MIL, but to put up with all of her issues! I'm so glad you were able to enjoy the day with your kids - I love that "teary" feeling you get from firsts at Disney! Can't wait for more. popcorn::
more to come , i love that "Nightmare on mainstreet" That should be my title page :rotfl:

You've got me all laughing and crying at the same time. I LOOOVE your TR!!!!
I can't wait until we take Sawyer to DW for the first time in May (he'll be almost 2). I hope he loves it as much as Mayson did!!

OMG!

OMG!

OMG!

I have my nice suit on, so I will comment on your beautiful family and I so love reading about your kids and their cool experiences at DL and I can feel your excitment for them.

This is a fun TR and I am glued to this one Misty!

Hi there Spongie! I am finally catching up and reading trippies since I am off from work. But yours is the best! I can't believe your MIL....ugggggg....you are on the fast track to sainthood for sure. Can't wait for more! :goodvibes

I am LOVING your TR!!! I can't believe you survived the trip with your MIL! Thank you for the great read and lots of laughs! :laughing: I'm looking forward to the next installment!

Misty - You poor thing. I feel so bad about your MIL. All the noises you have hear, the drink requests and of course the bed music from upstairs, OMG. We go on vacation with my mom but the only thing she does that upsets me is that she thinks her way is the best way on everything. The way you cut your meat, fold your fold, wash a table, etc. You are a saint. St Spongy :lmao: .

I just wanted you to know that everytime I walk down main street in WDW I cry so I totally understand you crying all the time. And of course when your kids are experiencing something so grand for the first time. I cried when both my DS went their first time and then in two years DD will be there for her first time. I'll be a crying fool.

Now with the seeing of the picures, I can't see the first ones but after that I can, did you fix the first ones? So enjoying your TR, I'm from the sewing thread too. Can't wait for more.popcorn::

Laura

Okay after the night I had and what lil' sleep I got I was as excited like a kid in a candy store. today was Universal studio's day and I get to see the sponge.
I pull myself off the floor and begin to get going for the day; my Mil greets me with a "Hello Honey!" How did you sleep? (Omg!!! are you kidding me How do you think I slept goes through my head but not my mouth i ignore that question) she begins to ramble on about poor lil' Mayson not getting enough sleep and how much gas she had and her stomach hurts BLAH< BLAH and all I can see is me lunging over the bed and strangling her.

I did have a outfit just for this day but somehow when I sew for myself it just does not work out so I throw on my back up outfit get the kiddo's dressed and then DH ask's me what time Universal Studio's opens I grab my handy dandy Pass porter(The best investment i have ever spent money on Thanks Utahmama for showing me you rock as usual!!!!) and find the number and call them, they open at 10 am so we get the kids loaded up and head out, we stop for gas and grab some juice and donuts for breakfast

The drive to universal was pretty cool I kept trying to get a picture of the Hollywood sign but kept missing my chance because I was sitting next to Mayson and he wanted to have a conversation (HMMM! what to choose Mayson who I see all the time or the Holly wood sign I chose Mayson .

We pass empire records and before I know it we are there, We are able to get in the front row parking with my Mill’s Handicapped plaquard.
She has to get out and smoke of course it has only been 20 mins from her last smoke, I start snapping photos of the kiddos in front of the spinning water sign. Lonnie takes one of me and the kids then he goes to grab our tickets,
oct23us10-22-200711-30-50PM.jpg
MIL walks over to us while she is puffing away and I ask her nicely not to smoke by the kiddos and she huffs and walks away , puts out her cigarette and comes back for a few photos herself we then have to have pictures on the red carpet and Jayedyn strikes her Hannah Montana pose ,
oct23us10-22-200711-34-58PM.jpg

Then I have to have a shot of the whole family.
oct23us10-22-200711-35-25PM.jpg
The older boys have to have there picture in front of Freddy , Jason and leather face
oct23us10-22-200711-36-29PM.jpg
, we walk through the gates and I ask for everyone’s ticket so I can put them away because we had a 2 day pass, MIL decides to keep hers,
oct23us10-22-200711-44-43PM.jpg
now it is only 11 and my kids are hot my hair is on fire so we walk in a shop looking for hats while in there Mayson and Camden are touching everything and it really is not stroller accessible so I let DH know I am going outside and when they come outside MIL has her souvenirs and the kids have no hats, DH has found out that the best place to get the kiddos hats is down always so we decide to head down there, while on our way there is a lady who wants to take our picture so we get it done and MIL wants her own also, but the lady walks away( instead of telling us that is what she wants she starts to throw a fit) BY this time DH has had it and a lil' fight ensues which ends with MIL just walking away so I look at dh and he snaps at me so I snap back and it ends with a fine lets go . so I stop dh and give him a huge hug and tell him to look at the kids (This is our vacation Remember) I whisper and he looks at me and say's your right let's go ,
we walk a few steps and catch up with MIL who is upset and I look at her and tell her (whatever pictures I get she will have the same we will switch) NOW REMEMBER THIS IT IS IMPORTANT THROUGH OUT THIS TRIP
the boys have to go through the house of horrors so I take the lil' one to grab hats I find a sponge bob hat for me of course, Mayson is happy with his spongie hat and Camden has to have a Scooby doo after the boys come out Lonnie takes them for hats after all hats are bought we head down the street and have our 1st character sighting Beetle juice is totally in character (although my kiddos have no idea who he is That reminds me rent beetle juice) they were pretty excited to be next to Dracula, Frankenstein and the mummy, Mayson does not even flinch he jumps in to have his picture taken ,
187.jpg

oct23us10-23-200712-42-53AM.jpg
Beetle juice calls me over because I need a picture with him so I do and all the others jump back in
universalstudiosoct23rd021_edited.jpg
, the mummy admires my cartouche and bows to his needs and begins to chant oh my mighty pharaohs how may I serve you . I laugh and he jumps up and then begins talking to another family (which MIL is mad because I was rude and she wanted a picture. like I can read her mind now we run into Shrek in Deadwood
universalstudiosoct23rd023.jpg
and make our way down the street and decide to watch THE ANIMAL ACTORS SHOW
oct23us10-23-20071-26-31AM-1.jpg
while waiting Mayson is snacking on the M & M' s . I find in the diaper bag which keeps him happy but dirty.

203_edited-2.jpg

The show begins which keeps the kids entertained ,
oct23us10-23-20071-32-13AM.jpg
after that we head into the Marvel comics shop so I could grab something for a friend back home, with that accomplished the kids are hungry so we decide to eat some lunch, we head over to Mel's Dinner we grab our 2 tables order food and sit down to eat.
Outside to entertain us:
this poor guy with a walkie talkie and a sign that say's quiet please
he say's something to the people outside and nobody shuts up (I swear they got louder) dh hits my shoulder and tells me to look over it as I turn I see Zach braff from scrubs all dressed in cowboy garb and then Sarah chalke on a horse before I can grab my camera they are gone.
221.jpg
And the poor guy outside is yelling QUIET’’ It finally hit me that they are filming an episode. Lonnie laughs at me, with our bellies full and the kids happy
we decide to hit the downstairs attractions we ride the elevator down stairs to catch a shuttle (Because of the stroller and wheelchair) to the bottom lower lot and after 20 minutes of waiting no one shows up so we ride the elevator back up and decide to do the escalators from He**

Now picture this! 3 separate escalators (scary and frightening to 3 lil ones ) okay i will add the pictures...

view-of-la-from-universal.jpg
okay, now this first one is the view of LA from the top before we even get on the escalators, these are so long that while you are going up and down the entertainment tonight costars are asking trivia questions over the radio about different theme song from tv shows ) my MIL just jumps on and is on her way down she is worried about being able to walk down and offers us no help at all why would she Lonnie is going to take her wheelchair what does she need to worry about?
there is also the problem of the double stroller to carry down too so lonnie is holding the wheelchair and stroller and balancing himself ,(lets just say I was scared I was waiting for a dominoes effect taking out the people below us ) the 3 younger kids are scared outta of there mind so Camden gets on and sits on the stair and immediately his hand is pinched so he is crying . DD 6 wants nothing to do with them but I grab her hand and we begin the descent down
oct23us10-23-20072-32-12.jpg
after 15 mins we are on the 1st platform
view-lower-lot-universal.jpg
and are preparing to attempt the 2nd set.
DS 4 does not want anything to do with them and neither does dd so we decide to take the stairs (which if you miss one step you tumble to your deathI end up having to hold ds2 and ds4 and walk with dd down each set of stairs I look up and dh has Khrystian holding the stroller which he did really good we tackle the next set and mind you my thighs and calf’s are burning when we get to the bottom . we find "Darling" MIL at the bottom getting a drink as she ask us what took so long I thought Lonnie was going to through her and her wheelchair into the crowd but he just grimaced and said let's go do Jurassic park,
me, Mayson and Camden all hang back I grab a drink in my huge sponge bob refillable mug and we wait for them to finish the ride, after this I ask MIL to watch the kids so that I can ride and she shrugs something so Lonnie ask's Khrystian to watch everyone and me and Lonnie head off to ride the ride,

I jump in and immediately can tell that Lonnie needs to vent so I tell him that we are going to scream as loud as we can going down and he agrees I am not a huge Jurassic park fan so I am not as excited but this ride is awesome we get to the end and as we are plummeting to our death we both scream as loud as we can
223.jpg

We look up and the kids are safe and MIL is nowhere to be found. We run to the photo booth grab our picture......
IMG_0005.jpg

And head out and there she is waiting with the kids.
while waiting for grandma to have her smoke I look over and my kiddos are having a conversation with the Green Goblin,
228_edited-1.jpg
Jayedyn begins to tell him he has to brush his teeth and he replies no I don't I am the bad guy (my kids are in heaven when in runs Spiderman )
229.jpg
he begins to tell them that they should not be talking to the bad guy
oct23us10-23-20073-38-24AM.jpg
and so he and the green goblin exchange some words... Camden looks at them both and say's" you guys need to be friends because in the 3rd movie you die green goblin, and Spiderman is very sad..."
231.jpg
It caught them both off guard and so they shake hands and pose for some pictures,
oct23us10-23-20073-38-54.jpg
after Spiderman whispers in my ear you have a bunch of great kids. I smile and say "I know

now I don't know if I had mentioned it before but this is also a Medieval times day for the boys and grandma and it is getting pretty close to the wire so we jump on the mummy ride (which rocks) and decide to head back upstairs to find sponge bob . They have a huge Egyptian shop and I did not even get to look in it but that was okay because we were coming back again the next day. as we were leaving we run into shaggy and Scooby and the kids are having a blast chatting with them (I love how the characters made my kids feel like they were the only ones there) Scooby grabs Camden’s hat and puts it on his ear and shaggy say's Hey scoob it's like looking at 2 of ya
oct23us10-23-20074-07-41AM.jpg
we snap some photos
oct23us10-23-20074-08-8-1.jpg
and we are off to tackle the escalators once again

The escalator ride up was not as hard, I did not have to walk up the stairs and by the time we made it to the top the kids were pro's
We ask one of the workers where sponge bob is going to be and she tells us, so we head over to nickelodeon splash Zone and immediately I know I have forgotten something...Oh well i let the kids play this are is so cool there is a huge rocket in the middle and you fire water into a bucket once the bucket is full water comes out the bottom and on top of the fort. Let’s just say you get soaked!!!!!!
oct23us10-23-20074-24-19.jpg
while letting the kids play I hit the sponge bob souvenir shop and went crazy I got me a zip up hoodie (I have been looking for one forever ) bought the kids a couple of things . found out again where spongie would be and told dh as we were sitting on the bleachers (away from being soaked) Diego comes over and is playing with Mayson (where is Camden this is one of his favorite characters ) I snap a photo of the two of them Mayson is trying to make bul horns
oct23us10-23-20074-42-54.jpg
and Lonnie grabs our soaking wet children and we head over to find spongie , while waiting we chatted with some very nice ladies in the windows they were awesome they knew everyone of my kids names and just talked away
oct23us10-23-20074-57-24.jpg

Groucho Marx rode up on his bike
oct23us10-23-20075-00-51AM.jpg
and was having a conversation with us and them Dora the explorer came by we all just waved at her
oct23us10-23-20075-01-06AM.jpg
and then who do we see coming down the way .................
oct23us10-23-20075-02-51.jpg
It was like Christmas the tears started coming and the giggling , The ladies in the windows told sponge bob that we had been waiting for some time to see him and so we should get some extra time and that is exactly what he did , we got some pictures
oct22us10-23-20075-03-30AM-1.jpg
and then I pushed everyone away and said it is my turn
oct22us10-23-20075-03-44.jpg
sponge bob noticed my hat and was giving me the thumbs up I did my impression of his laugh and he just laughed silently we were getting ready to leave when Mayson decides he wants a picture of just him and the sponge so I snap away
oct22us10-23-20075-04-10-1.jpg
(he is also my sponge bob fan) I tell spongie goodbye he hugs me and kisses me on the head I kiss his cheek and then realize I am not alone and there are a ton of people watching me . I got a lil' embarrassed and screamed I love you sponge bob he turned around and we ran and hugged for the last time I told him to say hi to all the bikini bottom peeps and we were off . DH just looks at me and smiles and gives me a huge hug and tells me that I am so cute and he loves me...
we head up to the front and see the Simpson’s he ask's if I want to stop and I say nope I snap a picture
oct22us10-23-20075-14-27.jpg
and we are ready to go we are leaving and I can tell that dh is stressed he really wants to take his boys to medieval times we jump on the freeway and get stuck in traffic the plan for the day was Universal studios the boys were doing medieval times and me and Jayedyn , Mayson were supposed to do Ariel's grotto but I did not know I would have to use one of our park hoppers so we cancelled that and made a reservation for sat morn. And we were just going to buy me and Jayedyn a pass in for just that breakfast. So we got back to our hotel I helped the boys change there clothes grabbed the stroller out of the car, kissed the gang and they were off. It was just me, Jayedyn and Mayson in the hotel all by us. Jayedyn changed her clothes and we were going to head into down town Disney and do some shopping and grab some dinner but that idea was crushed when I realized I left my bag in the van.

Luckily MIL had left some money out and her room key so I borrowed that and put Mayson in the stroller and we went for a walk, I could tell that Jayedyn and Mayson were exhausted, so we just grabbed some subway which was about 5 mins away and went back to the room after they both ate they were out for the night, so I laid down and thought I am going to get some uninterrupted sleep. at about 12:00 everyone comes in from the dinner and the stories begin Camden has to tell me everything that he saw (But it is in a 4 yr old pattern with long pauses in between) Luckily Lonnie had took a camera so I had some pictures to go with his story
medivaltimes2.jpg

medivaltimes9.jpg

medivaltimes15.jpg

The kids said goodnight and I went back to sleep
the night begins my MIL has diabetes and did not bring enough of her pills so she is stressing out she begins to mumble a bunch of things and I just pretend to be asleep when she has the nerve to wake me up and ask me to go get her some food, I look at her like are you kidding me so I go in and wake up dh and he goes for her (out of protest.) and so this night begins just like every night so far,
there is a ton of whining you probably have gotten the routine down now , I was so frustrated and so tired I just tried to shut it out , but it is hard when someone is going outside to smoke every 15 mins. so being the good daughter I am, I ask if there is anything I can do for her (knowing the repercussions) she says no so I go run her a warm bath, and go down and get her a soda but this time I grab a couple to put in the fridge, after that I tell her good night and I try to get some sleep when Mayson wakes up Let me explain a lil bit about Mayson here
He is my angel baby Lactose intolerant but suffered for many months HORRIBLE NIGHT TERRORS until he was moved down stairs into a very quiet, dark bedroom with his very quiet brother Camden, so needless to say he likes his quiet and grandma was not helping that at all.
(I know the routine now and I just grab him swaddle him in a blanket and tuck him in next to me and Jayedyn and surprisingly it works . the same things are happening like every night before and I am just trying to shut them out at this point I would take listening to Lonnie snoring then this . Eventually, I fall asleep and wake up to a bunch of kiddos knocking on my door ready to go so I shuffle out of bed although ,I probably had a total of 4-5 hrs sleep and we begin to plan our day at Universal Studios again

Next chapter: A change of plans

Love the pictures. I hate that escalator! It's the scariest ride at US.:scared1:
Looking forward to hearing your further adventures.

Another day, WOOHOO!! :woohoo:
Another night, AWWWW. Poor Spongie. :sad2: :flower3:
Booo hissssssss at Grandma, GEESH!

You've got me all laughing and crying at the same time. I LOOOVE your TR!!!!
I can't wait until we take Sawyer to DW for the first time in May (he'll be almost 2). I hope he loves it as much as Mayson did!!
it makes life and vacation alot easier when they do ;) Thanks for reading

OMG!

OMG!

OMG!

I have my nice suit on, so I will comment on your beautiful family and I so love reading about your kids and their cool experiences at DL and I can feel your excitment for them.

This is a fun TR and I am glued to this one Misty!
Thanks i guess in a way i had my nice suit on as well :confused3 just wait it gets better

Hi there Spongie! I am finally catching up and reading trippies since I am off from work. But yours is the best! I can't believe your MIL....ugggggg....you are on the fast track to sainthood for sure. Can't wait for more! :goodvibes
thanks that should be a signature tag for me "Heading for Saint Hood" my trip report:rotfl:
I am LOVING your TR!!! I can't believe you survived the trip with your MIL! Thank you for the great read and lots of laughs! :laughing: I'm looking forward to the next installment!
thanks for reading

Misty - You poor thing. I feel so bad about your MIL. All the noises you have hear, the drink requests and of course the bed music from upstairs, OMG. We go on vacation with my mom but the only thing she does that upsets me is that she thinks her way is the best way on everything. The way you cut your meat, fold your fold, wash a table, etc. You are a saint. St Spongy :lmao: .

I just wanted you to know that everytime I walk down main street in WDW I cry so I totally understand you crying all the time. And of course when your kids are experiencing something so grand for the first time. I cried when both my DS went their first time and then in two years DD will be there for her first time. I'll be a crying fool.

Now with the seeing of the picures, I can't see the first ones but after that I can, did you fix the first ones? So enjoying your TR, I'm from the sewing thread too. Can't wait for more.popcorn::

Laura
Thanks for reading ! i fixed my pictures i need to stop organizing them i keep messing things up :rotfl:

Great update Misty! Your kids are so sweet! I love what Camden said to Spidey and GG. Now wonder Wendy wants to eat him up! And the family photo with Spongebob is such a great photo! DH and I went to Universal on our honeymoon (they gave us free parking because our car window said "Just Married") but the only other thing I remember is those escalators!!!!

Wow Spongie, you are so sweet to make a bath for your MIL!:lovestruc I think that goes above and beyond.

Universal looks like a lot of fun! Your photos are great. Spiderman whispered in your ear how sweet is that?

Can't wait for then next installment. I keep hoping you will get more sleep. .

Thanks for the update! Sounds like your boys had a great time at Medievel Times - we love that one! You did such a great job putting up with your MIL. I'm glad you decided to have fun and not let her ruin your day with the SPONGE!

I read all the segments in one sitting.. wow Spongie!
Or should I say Saint Spongie?

I love your writing style, the pics and I can totally relate to the emotions of all of your "firsts". I cried along with you when you hit Main Street for the first time.

I'm a local now , go about once a week... and I STILL get weepy when I cross under the tunnel and feel embraced by Walt's lovely park.

Looking forward to more installments. :goodvibes

i'm FINALLY caught up!!!!!! i got teary-eyed right along with you. and your MIL.....OMG you're a saint! :laughing: LOVE all the pictures!!!! can't wait for more. :thumbsup2

Misty, you get the Daughter in law of the century award, hands down!:worship:
I think I would have payed for another room for her, just to get some sleep!

Misty, I don't know how you got through this with your MIL! What a sweet husband you have though!

Heather had night terrors when she was a little girl. It was really scary for me. We slept in the same room, and she would just wake up screaming and screaming, calling for our Mom, even though she was right there. Arminda had them too when she was about three. Thankfully, I knew what was happening, since I'd been through it with Heather. But, man that takes a lot out of you!

Spongie-
I am really enjoying your TR! I can feel my stress level rising just reading about your MIL. You are one patient woman! I think that is great when you and your DH snapped at one another you decided to give him a hug instead of keeping bad feelings.:goodvibes

You have got me thinking more about visiting USH. My DD loves her some Spongebob and the place just looks like fun!

I am looking forward to reading more about your trip.

And your kids are just precious! Spidey was right....you do have some great kids!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter