Mousekeeping

Elisa

momtwo2
Do you leave the tip for Mousekeeping each day or do you leave one big one when you leave. I'm worried that it won't be the same person each time and they'd feel cheated. I also think they'd put more effort into the cleaning as well as little extra's like towel animals and such if they had a tip left each day . What do you usually do ?

After reading stuff here we went to tipping daily. Don't expect that to result in towel animals though... that just depends on where you stay.
But what threw us for a loop was the turndown service. We were never around when that took place and never tipped until the last day and I am not even sure that it was the same person all week because I think the weekend crew is different from the mid week crew.

On our last trip, we left a tip when we left. Our mousekeeper, Sandy, left us towel animals each day of our stay. I never had towel animals so this was a pleasant surprise. I got an elephant and a dog and my MIL got an elephant and a cat. The first day when we came back to our room, the towel animal dog was arranged on the bed with my Viking Pluto, which I bought at Epcot the night before. It was so cute that I had to take pictures! Because we got towel animals, I left her a $10 for a three night stay.

I think that it is better to tip each day, especially if you are staying mid week to mid week, because I heard they often change the mousekeeping staff weekly. If that were the case, then some Mousekeeper would not get a tip and another would get more than what they worked for, IMO.

beattyfamily said:
I make up special envelopes and put them out daily.

Same with us!

I had DS decorate some envelopes with markers and stickers. I put $3 in each one. Every morning I would just leave an envelope on the bathroom sink. We made sure they all said "For Mousekeeping - Thank You!"

We were at Pop for 9 nights in October and only got towel animals our last night. I do think the staff changes, so it is nice to tip each day.

We tipped each day in case we had different mousekeepers coming in for various shifts.

We also brought envelopes from home. These were very handy when we wanted to write a little note, like asking for extra towels or thanking her for a towel animal.

During one of our stays, on the first day we arrived and entered our room, there was a little card on a desk saying that our mousekeeper would be Maryellie. We assumed that she would be cleaning our room the whole stay, so we left one big tip at the end.

TIP EVERYDAY! I (holding the honorary pos. of DD) decorate the envelopes with Stickers (Disney of course!) and my mom puts three dollars US in the envelope everyday before we leave for the parks. Three dollars is a lot considering the exchange rate on us poor Canadians EH?

We left $5 each morning when we left the room with a disney post it on it that said "for mousekeeping". We got a few towel animals, an awesome towel basket that had lots of pockets and they put all our toothbrushes and stuff in, and they set up our toys in different scenes like put goggles on the stuffed animals and put them in our blow up swim ring. It was really neat. That was at Pop Century.

In past years we've left one big tip at the end of the trip. It's never affected the service we've received...we've gotten towel animals some nights and not others, but the room has always been well-cleaned.

This time, though, we're bringing envelopes for each day. It makes sense that housekeeping staff might be different on different days, and we definitely want to spread the holiday cheer. I think this year we'll leave a candy cane with each envelope too.

Goofyta said:
How much do you tip everyday? We will be staying at AKL in June.

We tip $1 per day per person but our family of 4 sometimes just rounds up to $5. I also leave the tip daily in a specially made mousekeeping envelope.

We leave $3 a day, and leave it each day. I've always done it that way, so can't comment on whether that effect service or not. I've always gotten tons of towel animals, toys set up in "scenes", etc. at every resort we've stayed at.

we made envelopes, left 3 per per envelope and left them daily. We had excellent service, no towel animals but DD's Goofy sure ended up in a lot of trouble everyday!

We just got home on Monday from POR, we left 4-5 dollars everyday (there was four of us). The room was clean everyday, but no towel animals!!!! Oh well maybe next time.

We usually tip $3.00 a day for two adults. I usually place the tip beside the sink with an attached thank you note. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter