Motorhome reviews?

Small, Small World ... I'm just 10 miles or less from you down on US29. I'm within a mile of the intersection of Rt28 and I-66.

If you ever need any help give me a holler. I'm retired, have lots of time, and have more tools and toys than I can keep track of ... I just don't do what I did at 30 which is now 30 years ago.

Larry

Wow, so you're down by Trader Joes! We store our MH at Bull Run Park and we,re down Rt. 29 just off Linton Hall Road. Bought my motor home from Reines RV (the last 3 times).

Maybe we can do a hookup sometime at Bull Run Campground and trade Ft Wilderness stories?

Best Regards!

Holly,

Good for you, taking your time. And I see you are really thinking this through carefully. It is alot of money and you certainly want to make the right choice. Too many folks buy an RV based on a whim or an emotional feeling and shortly afterwards end up trading and buying something else, a money losing propsition. :confused:

By treading carefully like you are doing, I'm sure you'll find the exact MH that will give you years of faithful service and fun times. :love:

Keep asking questions, we're all here to help!

Best Regards!

Thanks, Paul. You made me feel better about taking so long to decide on an RV! :)

Wow, so you're down by Trader Joes! We store our MH at Bull Run Park and we,re down Rt. 29 just off Linton Hall Road. Bought my motor home from Reines RV (the last 3 times).

Maybe we can do a hookup sometime at Bull Run Campground and trade Ft Wilderness stories?

Best Regards!

Yep about a mile or two from Trader Joes. When we moved here that was the only shopping center within 5 miles.

That would be cool since having lived here for over 24 years, we've never camped at Bull Run which is like 3 miles from our house.

Larry

How much does Bull Run charge? I store mine at Holly Acres in Woodbridge for $115.

They have two large storage lots. I pay $217/quarter. It's a good deal, but has a long waiting list. I'd recommend you stop by and put your name on the list. If your home is in one of the 7 counties that participate in the Regional Park system, it is about $10/month less. My county (PW) doesn't participate.

We spend alot of weekends in the campground, it is nice, but can't hold a cancle to Ft. Wilderness! :rotfl:

Best Regards!

Yep about a mile or two from Trader Joes. When we moved here that was the only shopping center within 5 miles.

That would be cool since having lived here for over 24 years, we've never camped at Bull Run which is like 3 miles from our house.

Larry

Well, we'll have to go to the Bull Run campground this summer and have a Ft. Wilderness Campers in Exile (FWCIE) weekend! :banana: :rotfl: :rotfl: :laughing:

Best Regards!

Thanks, Paul. You made me feel better about taking so long to decide on an RV! :)

Holly,

Don't let anybody rush you, it's your money and it'll be your "baby" so enjoy the search. It's not like you're buying a new pair of shoes.

One day soon, you'll be relaxing under the awning of your new motorhome and Ft. Wilderness, sipping a nice cool drink and enjoying the "Good Life"!

Best Regards!

I'll look into it. Holly Acres is a little closer.

The main advantage is that Holly Acres is in PW county. I live in Fairfax.

Personal Property taxes are based on where the vehicle is "garaged". PW county doesn't charge taxes on RVs, but Fairfax County does.

When I registered the MH, I used my address. But, they ask you where it is garaged, and I put PW county.

I didn't even know about this when I got the spot at Holly Acres.

I've been to Lake Fairfax, which has a great water park for little kids and Pohick Bay. I haven't been to Bull Run yet (except for the Christmas light show).

They have two large storage lots. I pay $217/quarter. It's a good deal, but has a long waiting list. I'd recommend you stop by and put your name on the list. If your home is in one of the 7 counties that participate in the Regional Park system, it is about $10/month less. My county (PW) doesn't participate.

We spend alot of weekends in the campground, it is nice, but can't hold a cancle to Ft. Wilderness! :rotfl:

Best Regards!

In Sept 2007 when we decided to buy a new trailer I signed up at BULL RUN for their fenced in lot and was put on the waiting list. They also have an unfenced area, but IIRC that is not available year round, but only during the camping season. This was in case I had to store my old trailer until I sold it if I bought a new one since I normally store my alongside my home. I think when I when on the list I was like 15 from the top and IIRC around Mar or April of 2008 I got a call saying I could get a spot. So yes there is a wait and it's not a short one.

My last off topic post in this thread and I apologize to the OP for taking this off track from the original topic .... SORRY

Larry

My last off topic post in this thread and I apologize to the OP for taking this off track from the original topic .... SORRY

Larry

Oh, don't worry about it. I've taken many topics off track in the past. I have actually learned something from the conversation that the two of you have been having. Now I know how much it costs to store an RV...I've always wondered about that!

I have the "blue book" for all RVs. Send me a message and I'll look up with NADA listed price for you. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter