Mother/Daughter Cruise to Tortola, May 23rd, Lots of pics! COMPLETE 7/14

After settling into our chairs I headed over to the snorkel rental hut to get my floatation vest. You are required to wear a vest if you plan on snorkeling at Castaway Cay. I found the vest to be very bothersome. It only had the one strap that snaps around your middle and as a result it was constantly floating up or twisting around and getting in my way while I was swimming. Perhaps I just got a bad vest and the other had the second strap that would make it more secure, I didn't check.

So vest on I made my way out into the lagoon. I was a bit disappointed with the snorkeling. I didn't get to see much as the visibility was very poor almost like the sand had really been kicked up. I have been told on most days that the water is very clear so it was just my bad luck to be there on a bad day. I did find the sunken Minnie statue so I was happy with that. I never did find the other hidden "treasures".

I gave up on the snorkeling after about half an hour and made my way back to the beach.

I read for a bit while lounging in my chair and then decided to go for a walk to explore and take some pictures.

Click here to continue

Why must this 'stop' be the best and worst part of the cruise.:confused3

Next week at this time, we'll be headed to this magical cruise ship.
Thanks for all info you've given, Lissa.

Lucy

Hey Lesssa THE MOD gave it away !!!!:rotfl2: I wll be following both !!!:banana:The food looks awesome and as usual your pix are great!!!:thumbsup2

My photo tour continued

I spotted this little guy sunbathing while I was walking back towards the family beach.

He got up and strutted around on the path a bit and then walked into the bushes. This lady who was walking by screamed bloody murder when she heard him in the bushes. I couldn't help laughing at her screaming in fright over a little kitty cat.

Before finishing my walk I stopped off and got some of the famous cookie dough soft-serve. It is just as good as everybody says. The only bad thing, they have a CM dispensing it so you can not get it yourself and they give you the teeny-tiniest portion. It is maybe a spoonful. I wonder why they give such tiny portions?

I met back up with Mom at that point and we headed into Cookie's BBQ to grab some lunch.

I had to ask for a burger as the serving tray was all out. They were getting a fresh batch so mine was hot off the grill.

Mom and I chowed down and then got ourselves some more ice cream. Tiny portion again.

They had a crab race going on as we headed back to our chairs.

Click here to continue

I just sat here and read all 17 pages....AMAZING trip report. Just looking at your pictures brings tears to my eyes. Our vacation was so wonderful, and looking at your pictures brings it all back. Of course you could have a few more Brent pictures you know....:rotfl:

Hi Rosie!!!, surprised to see you over here. Lessa and the Bros Grimm have gone out to the Hot, hot hot! Fire Show tonight that starts at 10 p.m. These performers are highly skilled in the art of fire performance and put on a red-hot display, of course this is a crowd favourite, this performance is part of the weekend long Buskers show. Buskers come from all around the world and entertain Kingstonians and tourists alike with a smorgasbord of performers doing things the average person wouldn’t dream of. This festival has become the number one event of the summer here in Kingston attracting tens-of-thousands of spectators. So I (mom ) is playing party pooper and staying home, so I am play catch up on the TR reading!. It is so sad that the cruise will soon be over, but I have enjoyed reading though this report and look forward to reading through it again when she adds it to her WDW tr. I so what to go on another cruise. I have to say it was the best holiday I have had in a long while.

Hi Beth !!! I caught on to what a Mod said on her TR and checke out the Cruise TR's ... took me no time to find it !! The photos are great a always !!! Glad to hear Erich got another job !!!!

I spotted this little guy sunbathing while I was walking back towards the family beach.

D14120.jpg

He got up and strutted around on the path a bit and then walked into the bushes. This lady who was walking by screamed bloody murder when she heard him in the bushes. I couldn't help laughing at her screaming in fright over a little kitty cat.

D14122.jpg

I wonder where he came from??? Did you ask anyone about him??? Kinda odd to find a cat at Castaway Cay.:goodvibes He is a cutie!!:goodvibes

Hi Beth !!! I caught on to what a Mod said on her TR and checke out the Cruise TR's ... took me no time to find it !! The photos are great a always !!! Glad to hear Erich got another job !!!!

Thanks to Alek (brother) I do not thinks Red Lobster will ever be the same with the Bros Grimm in the kitchen:lmao:, but it is great for Erich to get hired on the same day he loses his job due to the restaurant where he was working closing.
Keep reading Rosie!, maybe I will join Jordon on his 50th b-day cruise as Jordon and I will both be celebrating our 50th at Disney June 2012. :laughing:

I just sat here and read all 17 pages....AMAZING trip report. Just looking at your pictures brings tears to my eyes. Our vacation was so wonderful, and looking at your pictures brings it all back. Of course you could have a few more Brent pictures you know....:rotfl:

:lmao: I think I have a couple more of him coming up for you. ;)

Hi Lessa your impatient Brit is back!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Now Rosie, isn't the sneak peek you have already had enough? You are rather demanding asking for more already. ;)

I wonder where he came from??? Did you ask anyone about him??? Kinda odd to find a cat at Castaway Cay.:goodvibes He is a cutie!!:goodvibes

I didn't ask but I assume he was probably a pet of one of the few CM's that live on the island. I imagine they get rather lonely out there when the ships are not docked.

After eating we returned to our lounge chairs but we did not stay there long as we saw a storm moving in. How disappointing, we just could not seem to escape our rain curse.

So we packed up our stuff and started to make our way back to the ship. We stopped and browsed the gift shop but did not purchase anything. The wind was really starting to kick up at this point.

Mt Rustmore

Rather ominous looking don't you think?

Castaway Cay Post Office

"Sky Mail"

Message in a Bottle at the Post Office

We made it back onto the ship just in time!

They had workers out sucking up the water almost right away

And it eventually stopped raining and Brent made an announcement that the beaches were now open again.

Click here to continue

The Sky looked very scaeery!!! Almost as sceery as that other ship!!!:rotfl2:

Beth will you be doing Disney Parks tooo in 2012 !!!!! I will be celebrating my 65th that year sooo depending on finances I may do both !! But definately the Parks !!!!

The Sky looked very scaeery!!! Almost as sceery as that other ship!!!:rotfl2:

Beth will you be doing Disney Parks tooo in 2012 !!!!! I will be celebrating my 65th that year sooo depending on finances I may do both !! But definately the Parks !!!!

Hi Rosie we will only be doing the parks in June 2012. I would LOVE to do both, but it is not feasible. I guess when Jordon annouces his dates, we will start planning. Wow three BIG Birthdays to celebrate, this will be great!! I am already counting down the months!! June 2012:dance3::cool1::rockband:party::bday:

The rain had stopped but we decided to stay on the ship as there were only two more hours left until the All Aboard time.

I continued to walk around and take pictures. Mom was not with me at this point, not sure where she went.

Due to the rain causing so many people to run back to the ship they moved that afternoon's showing of UP to the Walt Disney Theatre (it was originally scheduled to play in the Buena Vista)

I went down to the room at this point looking for Mom but she was not in the room. Our room steward informed me she had just been there only a few minutes ago.

I continued my walk around the ship and grabbed some ice cream to enjoy while I strolled the decks.

Unfortunately for everybody still down on the beach it started pouring again and this time I think pretty much everybody gave the day up as lost and headed back to the ship.

I had met back up with Mom by this point and we grabbed some chairs and people watched as everybody scurried back to the ship. I think Mom was feeling pretty down about all the rain we had had this trip and it really shows in the picture.

Out of the two weeks we were on vacation we only had four days without rain and only two of those days were nice beautiful sunny days. Pretty depressing.

Click here to continue

sorry you guys had a lot fo rain on your trip. When I went on my back-2-back cruise all days weeks plus the day at disney world we had no rain besides lik2 for 2 mins one day

sorry you guys had a lot fo rain on your trip. When I went on my back-2-back cruise all days weeks plus the day at disney world we had no rain besides lik2 for 2 mins one day

Lucky! Our family is cursed. Every Disney trip we take seems to be plagued with rain. We just can't get away from it!

Hi Rosie we will only be doing the parks in June 2012. I would LOVE to do both, but it is not feasible. I guess when Jordon annouces his dates, we will start planning. Wow three BIG Birthdays to celebrate, this will be great!! I am already counting down the months!! June 2012:dance3::cool1::rockband:party::bday:

Well you can nt me in for the Park art for sure !!:banana: Will the Bros be joining you and Lessa ????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter