Mother, Daughter and Sausage Dining Review! Final Meal - Complete 9/27!!

My boyfriend just went to Family Night! I was supposed to go but I couldn't because my grandma died. I love your cheesehead pics.

We are going to the fair sometime this year. I can't wait to eat there!

What breed is Pedro?:confused3

Pedro is a Cornish Rex and we love him!

My boyfriend just went to Family Night! I was supposed to go but I couldn't because my grandma died. I love your cheesehead pics.

We are going to the fair sometime this year. I can't wait to eat there!

Sorry to hear about your grandma. You should definitely try to go next year, it was very fun!

We love the state fair. Last year we tried the chocolate covered bacon (it was just meh) and the sweet corn ice cream (loved this) and a few other of the new foods. We always go straight to the information booth to get a list of the new foods! My absolute favorite is the deep fried pickle coins with cream cheese in the middle from the Preferred Pickle booth. Soooo good!

Just a few minor planning updates!

First of all, I get sick on rides. I didn't always get sick on rides and I LOVE the big rides. My sis and I went to Universal/Disney last year and we got sick on our first ride. I tried another with the same result. I've always gotten motion sickness in the backseat of cars or if readin in cars but it's gotten a lot worse in my old age. So for our January cruise I got some of the Scop motion sickness patches because I didn't know whether or not I would get seasick. I put them on the day before the cruise as recommended which was a Universal day. And lo and behold I did not get sick at all on any of the rides nor did I get seasick on the cruise! So for this trip I decided that I would get another prescription for the patches so I can enjoy every ride possible. I just picked up my patches from Walgreen's so I'm all set. The downsides are that you're not supposed to have alcohol (which I did in moderation on the cruise and I was fine), they make my mouth dry after a few days and right at the end of the trip my vision got a little bit weird (or that could also be that I'm old and my vision is failing anyway!). I think I'll take the patch off at night here and there to give it a rest and put a new one on in the morning.

In another dining review, bangzoom6877 recommended using some lactase drops for lactose intolerance as the Lactaid pills don't seem to work for me. Apparently these might work when nothing else will. I promptly ordered some and if they work for me, this will be a game changer!! If I can find a hot fudge brownie sundae anywhere, I will attack that thing like I'm mad at it!! :lmao:

I also think I'm done making any ADR changes!! But don't hold me to it! I got our Magical Express documents in the mail and we now only have 19 days left to go! DD and I have a pre-WDW pedicure planned and we''ll be ready to go. Actually I'd be ready to go tomorrow if I could! ;)

That's odd.. I thought I commented yesterday.... must have been distracted. :confused3

With your lactaid drops, motion sickness patches, and a fresh pedicure - you will be ready to go!! I would love to see you attack a brownie sundae!! :rotfl2:

That's odd.. I thought I commented yesterday.... must have been distracted. :confused3

With your lactaid drops, motion sickness patches, and a fresh pedicure - you will be ready to go!! I would love to see you attack a brownie sundae!! :rotfl2:

Thanks Brenda! I think my wardrobe is almost set too! ;) Yes, that brownie sundae better be afraid, very afraid. There is a new store opening here at the mall where I work and it is called Cupcake. I'm in so much trouble. My co-worker and I are sneaking over there as soon as it opens. This is bad. Maybe I can practice my photography skills on that! :scratchin

Just a few minor planning updates!

First of all, I get sick on rides. I didn't always get sick on rides and I LOVE the big rides. My sis and I went to Universal/Disney last year and we got sick on our first ride. I tried another with the same result. I've always gotten motion sickness in the backseat of cars or if readin in cars but it's gotten a lot worse in my old age. So for our January cruise I got some of the Scop motion sickness patches because I didn't know whether or not I would get seasick. I put them on the day before the cruise as recommended which was a Universal day. And lo and behold I did not get sick at all on any of the rides nor did I get seasick on the cruise! So for this trip I decided that I would get another prescription for the patches so I can enjoy every ride possible. I just picked up my patches from Walgreen's so I'm all set. The downsides are that you're not supposed to have alcohol (which I did in moderation on the cruise and I was fine), they make my mouth dry after a few days and right at the end of the trip my vision got a little bit weird (or that could also be that I'm old and my vision is failing anyway!). I think I'll take the patch off at night here and there to give it a rest and put a new one on in the morning.

I have terrible motion sickness!:crazy2: I've tried just about everything! I agree the patches worked pretty well but my doctor won't prescribe them anymore as he said they were causing people to hallucinate! Might be what was going on with your eyes? I think its ridiculous that nothing works!

I have terrible motion sickness!:crazy2: I've tried just about everything! I agree the patches worked pretty well but my doctor won't prescribe them anymore as he said they were causing people to hallucinate! Might be what was going on with your eyes? I think its ridiculous that nothing works!

I'm pretty sure that I wasn't hallucinating (unless some of those characters weren't real! :rotfl2: ) Unless I go completely crazy I'm still going to use them because they work like a charm for me! There is a warning on the package to put the patch on and then wash your hands thoroughly and don't touch your eye or it'll make your vision blurry. I thought I did this but sometimes I'd touch it to make sure it was on securely and I wonder if perhaps I got some on my hand and touched my eye (I have contacts). I'd say that you should try them anyway and tell your family to let you know if you talk about seeing things that aren't there so you can take it off! :rotfl:

Yay for dairy! Hopefully the lactase drops will work and you'll be able to enjoy some awesome Disney treats. :)

Yay for dairy! Hopefully the lactase drops will work and you'll be able to enjoy some awesome Disney treats. :)

Well...so far so good! I took my daughter to a frozen yogurt bar last night (the kind where you serve yourself and then have it weighed). I filled that cup up with as much frozen yogurt as could fit and took some of the drops. I still had a few symptoms but nothing compared to what usually happens. To make sure this isn't a fluke I intend to try it out with real ice cream from Cold Stone or custard from Culver's. If this works you can probably add Ghirardelli, Beaches and Cream and Mickey ice cream bars to my plan!:rotfl2:

I've enjoyed your previous DR! Life go hold of me and I haven't been on the board for a few months. :eek:

Anyways, I am looking foward to your reviews. I mights start one once I come back from our trip but that'll just have to wait. Your trip overlaps ours. We are at WDW from Aug 25 to Sep 3. Hope to run into you and your duaghter!!! :goodvibes

Only 12 more days!!! :dancer: I'm so excited and luckily I'm very busy at work so I hope that these last 12 days go by quickly!

I have gone to visit the new Cupcake store here at the mall and as predicted, this is terrible! Let's just say I've been there more than once. I also brought my camera to work one day to try to take a food photo because I haven't been practicing. This was taken at work so the lighting in my dark office (I call it the Bat Cave) was terrible. But I have one caramel cupcake and one red velvet with cream cheese frosting! Mmmm...

There is my one and only food photo so far!

I also wanted to give you a little tidbit of dining information that is probably applicable to most restaurants. I hear this comment a lot and I think people might be more understanding if they knew some reasons behind being turned away as a walk up when there are open tables visible. The comment is "The host wouldn't seat us even though I could clearly see that there were lots of open tables.".

The main reason for this is that they are likely not adequately staffed - perhaps someone had a family emergency and had to call out, or sometimes an illness seems to hit everyone at once and servers/cooks must be symptom free for 24 hours before coming back to work, or sometimes the sales plan calls for really low numbers that day and we weren't aware of some large event so we didn't schedule enough servers. So sometimes customers see plenty of open tables but we might not have enough servers to properly take care of all of them. If we give the servers more tables and they are stretched thin then patrons don't get enough attention and they don't get refills in a timely manner or the visits to the tables are not quick enough which also causes people to be upset (and there are times when the servers pick up a few more tables). So sometimes we are late at seating people or there are open tables that we aren't using. There may not be a server on staff to handle that section. I know most people are patient and understanding but if they haven't worked in a restaurant they may not realize that this is what's happening. Ok, there might be some situations where you just get bad service too and I'm not saying that doesn't happen, :rotfl2: but sometimes it's just an issue of being short staffed.

And there is my public service announcement for the day! :rotfl2: I hope that wasn't a glum ending to my 12 day happy dance! So let me put this guy in here to bring up the mood of my PDR!
:dancer::dancer::dancer:

I've enjoyed your previous DR! Life go hold of me and I haven't been on the board for a few months. :eek:

Anyways, I am looking foward to your reviews. I mights start one once I come back from our trip but that'll just have to wait. Your trip overlaps ours. We are at WDW from Aug 25 to Sep 3. Hope to run into you and your duaghter!!! :goodvibes

Well welcome back!! How exciting that you'll be a WDW when we are! If you recognize us be sure to say hello. :)

Hi Tracy! I just recently heard the same thing about not being seated right away despite open tables. Completely makes sense to me. I think it is helpful to share so thanks for that PSA!!!

I'm so glad that new cupcake store is not within 10 miles of where I live and breathe. I LOVE cake and cupcakes are just a little teaser so if I was anywhere near your store/mall, I would have some serious issues!!

Enjoy your day!

Hi Tracy! I just recently heard the same thing about not being seated right away despite open tables. Completely makes sense to me. I think it is helpful to share so thanks for that PSA!!!

I'm so glad that new cupcake store is not within 10 miles of where I live and breathe. I LOVE cake and cupcakes are just a little teaser so if I was anywhere near your store/mall, I would have some serious issues!!

Enjoy your day!

Hello Brenda! I wrote the same thing in another review because someone had said that they weren't sure why they weren't able to seat their family even though there were lots of open tables. And then yesterday someone was so nasty to one of our poor hosts that it prompted me to say it here. Probably a downer in a dining review but that woman made me so angry!:furious:

A friend of mine is going on a trip to WDW (her first!) and she's looking for some dining suggestions so I just sent her the link to one of your reviews and one of donalddolewhip's reviews! I think she'll get a good idea of some great restaurants she should try between the two of you!:thumbsup2

Thanks for the info about the tables. I have always wondered about that. Those cupcakes look great!

WARNING - I need to let you know that the photos ahead my scare some people! :scared1: But I'm posting these as my response to chocolateminnie - I told her that I don't have a cheesehead of my own, just a small version that I use for my cat. The warning is because my cat is a strange one. People tend to be a little alarmed when they first see him because he's not your typical fuzzy kitty. But he's as sweet as can be and he's a good sport! According to friends he's a cat/rat/bat/bunny/llama.

Here is what Pedro looks like sans cheesehead.
Pedro.jpg

Here is Pedro with just his cheesehead.
Pedro_Cheese2.jpg

And here is Pedro looking fierce in his entire outfit complete with a tiny jersey. You might think he's giving the stink eye but it's just his Packer enthusiasm.

Pedro_Cheese.jpg

Packer fans are nuts I tell ya!

I love your cat/rat/bat/bunny/llama, non 'stink eye', Packer fan!! :thumbsup2 He is very cute, despite his unusual looks!! I love thinking about when we used to dress up our kittens. lol, they DID gibe us the 'stink eye'.

My grandson will be taking the YES class on Sept. 18 at AK. He is looking forward to the class!

Have a wonderful trip!! Hope you get to enjoy your ice cream!!! :goodvibes:

Thanks for the info about the tables. I have always wondered about that. Those cupcakes look great!

The cupcakes are really good! I think I've been there every day this week :eek: So much for trying to eat healthy! :rotfl2:

I love your cat/rat/bat/bunny/llama, non 'stink eye', Packer fan!! :thumbsup2 He is very cute, despite his unusual looks!! I love thinking about when we used to dress up our kittens. lol, they DID gibe us the 'stink eye'.

My grandson will be taking the YES class on Sept. 18 at AK. He is looking forward to the class!

Have a wonderful trip!! Hope you get to enjoy your ice cream!!! :goodvibes:

I'll make sure to post in my review to let you know how the AK class is! I'll try to get as much information out of my DD as I can but she usually says things like "it was really fun" or "we did lots of things". :rolleyes:

I'm glad you like my kitty. ;) He's a very sweet boy despite his odd looks! And by the way, so far so good with the ice cream. I tried it with some ice cream and it seems to work very well but I do still get a few symtoms but nothing compared to the ones that I usually get! So I still try to avoid dairy as much as I can but I don't have to avoid it completely. :yay: so I think there will be some ice cream in my future!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter