Mother, Daughter and Sausage Dining Review! Final Meal - Complete 9/27!!

LOL - I'd be up for that show too (obviously all expenses paid ;) )

Definitely book Kouzzina for breakfast - you can review it for me before I go in October :goodvibes:

How many more changes can you get in during the next month??????????????

I'd like to try to get in at least two more changes in the next month :lmao: Think I can do it? I'm not sure what those changes would be but let's see what I can come up with!

Yay, you are staying at the Boardwalk!!! That is currently my favorite resort. :thumbsup2 So if you have any questions about it, I might just be of some help. I've stayed there a few times lately. :rolleyes1

And definitely try and make it to breakfast at Kouzzina. But if you can't squeeze it into your schedule, then there is always the Boardwalk Bakery for a quick, yet still delicious breakfast. ;)

Oh, and I've done A LOT of resort hopping trips in the past and have never had any problems. In fact, my May 2002 trip was only for 5 nights and we stayed at 3 different resorts just like you. :thumbsup2

Oh good, that makes me feel better that you did 3 resorts in 5 nights as well! Great minds think alike (either that or crazy minds think alike!) :rotfl2: I'm so excited to try stay at Boardwalk :hyper: I went back and forth and back and forth on it and finally just took the plunge and I'm so happy I did! It was actually your photos that made me want to stay there. I know you were at BWV but I still loved the whole look of the area! I know I'll love it!

Makes perfect sense to me to do a split-split stay!! :thumbsup2 Yes! Add Kouzzina for breakfast. Love it... I want to try their waffles next time. If you want to save time you could always go to the Boardwalk Bakery.

I was tempted to change from BWV to BWI due to the great room only discounts for the deluxes in August.

I love the term "split-split stay"! :thumbsup2 Do you think there is much of a chance of doing a walk up for Kouzzina if I don't make an ADR? Because I've also wanted to try Boardwalk Bakery as well so I'm torn!

3 resorts in 5 nights? That is crazy. But for the opportunity to try out a brand new royal room and an Epcot resort, I actually think it's a good idea. :lmao:

Boardwalk has an awesome location - I love the walk to both Epcot and DHS. And regarding Kouzzina, I've really enjoyed the breakfast food there...but would it cut into park time? If you're early risers, you'll definitely want to take advantage of the walk to either Epcot or DHS before park opening (unless you're not doing a park on the last day, in which case I'd say yes to Kouzzina). :goodvibes

The Magical Express would probably pick us up around 10 am so I was hoping to fit in breakfast before we leave. I kind of wanted to check out Boardwalk Bakery but also wanted to try Kouzzina. I could probably solve that problem by doing breakfast at Kouzzina and then getting lots of "to go" items at the bakery to bring back with us! :idea:

Is it weird that I'm excited to NOT be on the dining plan? I realize it's a good deal if you can get it but I'm looking forward to some freestyle eating!

Do you think there is much of a chance of doing a walk up for Kouzzina if I don't make an ADR? Because I've also wanted to try Boardwalk Bakery as well so I'm torn!

Probably. Let's just say that when we were there in February during a scale 10 crowd President's week Kouzzina was only 1/3 full for breakfast and they were able to accept walk ups. Great choice!

great news about the extra night - we love the Epcot resorts area. We have stayed at Boardwak Villas a couple of times now and really enjoyed it (in fact, it was our stay there that persuaded my DH to buy DVC). Absoutely you should fit in a Kouzzina breakfast - why wouldn't you? ;)

The Magical Express would probably pick us up around 10 am so I was hoping to fit in breakfast before we leave. I kind of wanted to check out Boardwalk Bakery but also wanted to try Kouzzina. I could probably solve that problem by doing breakfast at Kouzzina and then getting lots of "to go" items at the bakery to bring back with us! :idea:

Is it weird that I'm excited to NOT be on the dining plan? I realize it's a good deal if you can get it but I'm looking forward to some freestyle eating!

Here is an idea for you, Tracy. Have breakfast at Kouzzina, then go to the Bakery to pick up some sweet treats to take home with you. (I highly recommend the chocolate chip cookies, as they travel well...I brought home about a half dozen last trip for my DS, as he loves them :thumbsup2) But then also pick up some sandwiches from the bakery to eat on the plane ride home. That's what DS and I did on our Nov. 2011 trip and it worked out great. Not only were the sandwiches delicious, but eating them kind of took the "sting" out of the sad feeling that you have at the end of a Disney trip. :(

So anyway, here is a picture for you (This was Turkey, Bacon & Swiss, but they had two or three other kinds):

BBSandwich.jpg

Oh, and I was happy to hear that my Boardwalk pictures helped you to make the decision to stay there. I really do love the Boardwalk Resort, both the Inn and the Villa side! :thumbsup2

I don't know how well the pastries from Boardwalk Bakery will hold up after a flight (we've never tried bringing them), but I recommend Seashore Sweets as a great place for some "to-go" snacks! They have plenty of packaged snacks and fresh offerings (such as fudge) that would be delicious once you make it home. :goodvibes

And I don't think it's weird at all! We aren't fans of the DDP since it forces us to eat a certain way - sometimes we like to order two appetizers instead of an entree, skip dessert, etc. And also, the DDP pressures us to order more expensive entrees, such as beef (we usually feel like seafood or chicken, but it's easy to "lose money" by paying for these dishes with credits). While the DDP can save money, there are many advantages to going "freestyle", and I hope you enjoy it! :thumbsup2

great news about the extra night - we love the Epcot resorts area. We have stayed at Boardwak Villas a couple of times now and really enjoyed it (in fact, it was our stay there that persuaded my DH to buy DVC). Absoutely you should fit in a Kouzzina breakfast - why wouldn't you? ;)

Well, when you put it that way...why wouldn't I fit in Kouzzina?! :rotfl: By the way I have to tell you that if I get fired from my job, it's all your fault! I checked in on the DIS while on my lunch break at work. After learning that you're going to be at WDW at the same time I will I clicked on the link to your PTR and posted a reply. And then I ended up reading almost all of your past trip reports which took me well beyond my scheduled lunch break! :blush: Oops! But I loved reading about your family and their adventures at WDW!

Here is an idea for you, Tracy. Have breakfast at Kouzzina, then go to the Bakery to pick up some sweet treats to take home with you. (I highly recommend the chocolate chip cookies, as they travel well...I brought home about a half dozen last trip for my DS, as he loves them :thumbsup2) But then also pick up some sandwiches from the bakery to eat on the plane ride home. That's what DS and I did on our Nov. 2011 trip and it worked out great. Not only were the sandwiches delicious, but eating them kind of took the "sting" out of the sad feeling that you have at the end of a Disney trip. :(

So anyway, here is a picture for you (This was Turkey, Bacon & Swiss, but they had two or three other kinds):

BBSandwich.jpg

Oh, and I was happy to hear that my Boardwalk pictures helped you to make the decision to stay there. I really do love the Boardwalk Resort, both the Inn and the Villa side! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the great ideas! If there is any possible way that we could get some Chick-fil-a at the airport we will do that as we don't have it near where I live. But it might not hurt to grab sandwiches in case we aren't able to get Chick-fil-a! And if we don't eat them for lunch we can always have them for dinner (along with some pastries/sweets for dessert!). That way I wouldn't have to cook when I get home.

I don't know how well the pastries from Boardwalk Bakery will hold up after a flight (we've never tried bringing them), but I recommend Seashore Sweets as a great place for some "to-go" snacks! They have plenty of packaged snacks and fresh offerings (such as fudge) that would be delicious once you make it home. :goodvibes

And I don't think it's weird at all! We aren't fans of the DDP since it forces us to eat a certain way - sometimes we like to order two appetizers instead of an entree, skip dessert, etc. And also, the DDP pressures us to order more expensive entrees, such as beef (we usually feel like seafood or chicken, but it's easy to "lose money" by paying for these dishes with credits). While the DDP can save money, there are many advantages to going "freestyle", and I hope you enjoy it! :thumbsup2

I'd never thought of Seashore Sweets! I will totally check that out!

I'm a fan of the DDP when it's free and also because it's easy but it does make us order things that we normally wouldn't or to blow the credits on things at the end just to use them up. A lot of times the food goes to waste because we were too stuffed for desert but ordered it anyway or my DD *thinks* she's hungry but then only picks at her food so we could have easily shared something. But this is the first time we've gone without it so I'll let you know what I think. I think I'm going to like it!

Probably. Let's just say that when we were there in February during a scale 10 crowd President's week Kouzzina was only 1/3 full for breakfast and they were able to accept walk ups. Great choice!

Good to know! I think I will leave it up to fate and chance it! That way we can see how we feel that morning. Either way I don't think I'll be disappointed with the breakfast that I end up with.

I'm having a little freak out right now because I seem to have misplaced the sausage!! :eek: I always keep it in the same spot and I went to look for it(my DD and I are going to the Green Bay Packers training camp next week and I was going to pack it up to come with us) and it's not there!! I'm going on a full on hunt for it tonight when I get home from work so wish me luck. I may have to change the title of my dining review if I can't find it. :sad: And it's just not the same with a replacement sausage. And the sausage was so excited to go to the Mediterranean next summer. :sad2: I sure hope Vince didn't throw it out!

On a planning note, I've been thinking about changing our 50s PT ADR on our first night. The theme of our trip is to try all new resorts and restaurants and that is the only one that we've done before. So I think I'll see what's available and try a new restaurant! I just read the Nine Dragons review on the disney food blog and while it doesn't look totally amazing, Eilee loves Chinese food. And it'll be our first meal so if it isn't fantastic, we wouldn't have anything to compare it to at that point. But it's anyone's guess as to what we'll end up with!

Somehow arriving late to the party! Sending good vibes that you will find the sausage!

At one time we had Nine Dragons on our list ... course at one time I think every restaurant in WDW was on our list! I do want to try it some day. But I am not messing with our August plans anymore! ;)

Oh no! Not a lost sausage! Hope you find it!

I just read your cruise TR. Glad you and your DD had a good time despite the "issues"! We've been planning part of our trip with my DS's best buddy as a surprise to them and I keep praying they don't want to kill each other by then! They've had way too much time together this summer! I think by the end of November all should be fine!

I'm having a little freak out right now because I seem to have misplaced the sausage!! :eek: I always keep it in the same spot and I went to look for it(my DD and I are going to the Green Bay Packers training camp next week and I was going to pack it up to come with us) and it's not there!! I'm going on a full on hunt for it tonight when I get home from work so wish me luck. I may have to change the title of my dining review if I can't find it. :sad: And it's just not the same with a replacement sausage. And the sausage was so excited to go to the Mediterranean next summer. :sad2: I sure hope Vince didn't throw it out!

On a planning note, I've been thinking about changing our 50s PT ADR on our first night. The theme of our trip is to try all new resorts and restaurants and that is the only one that we've done before. So I think I'll see what's available and try a new restaurant! I just read the Nine Dragons review on the disney food blog and while it doesn't look totally amazing, Eilee loves Chinese food. And it'll be our first meal so if it isn't fantastic, we wouldn't have anything to compare it to at that point. But it's anyone's guess as to what we'll end up with!

How old is that sausage???????? Maybe it just got up and walked out on it's own :rotfl2: although it maybe should have made sure it got one last trip to WDW before it left home. :rotfl:

Somehow arriving late to the party! Sending good vibes that you will find the sausage!

At one time we had Nine Dragons on our list ... course at one time I think every restaurant in WDW was on our list! I do want to try it some day. But I am not messing with our August plans anymore! ;)

After this last change I swear that I'm not messing with our August plans anymore either! ;)

Oh no! Not a lost sausage! Hope you find it!

I just read your cruise TR. Glad you and your DD had a good time despite the "issues"! We've been planning part of our trip with my DS's best buddy as a surprise to them and I keep praying they don't want to kill each other by then! They've had way too much time together this summer! I think by the end of November all should be fine!

Thanks for checking out my cruise TR. It's quite interesting when you travel with other people! You never know what you're going to get! :rotfl2: How fun that your DS will get to travel with his best bud! One of these days I'd love to bring DD's bff as well. They'd have so much fun together! Thanks for wishing us luck in finding the sausage.

How old is that sausage???????? Maybe it just got up and walked out on it's own :rotfl2: although it maybe should have made sure it got one last trip to WDW before it left home. :rotfl:

I think the sausage is about 5 years old now! :crazy2: I can't believe it would leave right now though because it has a trip to Green Bay AND a Med cruise coming up! No sausage in its right mind would walk off before those trips! :lmao:

Well, I've officially canceled 50s PT and I added an oddball. A restaurant that I don't see reviewed here a whole lot...Olivia's! Let me explain my logic. When my sister and I took the Keys to the Kingdom tour I asked our tour guide (who has been working at WDW for almost 6 years) what his favorite WDW restaurant is and he said hands down that it was Olivia's. He said that it's a hidden gem and he prefers it that way because it has excellent food and he can always get a reservation. It's been on my mind ever since and I would like to check it out! I also see several things on the menu that my DD would love!

I can't wait to try it out!

I've been tempted to book a breakfast ADR at Olivia's. I'm looking forward to seeing how you liked it - especially since it came so highly endorsed by a CM.

Hope you found sausage or else your PTR would have to be renamed "Mother, Daughter and the memory of a beloved sausage" :rotfl2:

Well, I've officially canceled 50s PT and I added an oddball. A restaurant that I don't see reviewed here a whole lot...Olivia's! Let me explain my logic. When my sister and I took the Keys to the Kingdom tour I asked our tour guide (who has been working at WDW for almost 6 years) what his favorite WDW restaurant is and he said hands down that it was Olivia's. He said that it's a hidden gem and he prefers it that way because it has excellent food and he can always get a reservation. It's been on my mind ever since and I would like to check it out! I also see several things on the menu that my DD would love!

I can't wait to try it out!

We really considered Olivia's for lunch on our no parks day. Then DS saw the chicken & waffles at Trails End! Looking forward to your review!

I'm so excited to see an Olivia's review! I actually think the menu there looks good and unique, so I'm looking forward to seeing your take on it. :goodvibes

Food review lurker on board! :thumbsup2

The only ride we have been stuck on was It's A Small World in DL....for almost an hour...that is a long time to take the song!! :cool2::rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter