Most Expensive / Moist Exhausting Continued - Final thoughts and wrap-up

Hi Glenn, I am sorry that I have been so absent on your TR lately... Even though I kept reading, I just did not get around to post much. Poor James, that really sound like quite an ordeal. :scared1: I remember just before Katharina and I left for our trip to WDW in January 2010 there was the incident with the underwear bomber - the guy who had hidden something in his underwear and tried to set the bomb off just before landing. For a brief period there was the rule that on all international flights to the US you would not be allowed to get up 1 hour before landing. I was really frightened what would happen if I had to go the bathroom in that time frame. I try to keep well hydrated on those long distance flights (air plane air is very dry and not drinking enough is considered to be one of the risk factors to developping a deep vein thrombosis on long distance flights), so I need to frequent the bathroom rather often. It is bad enough that the decent (when they switch on the seat belt sign) usually starts about 30 minutes before landing anyway...

I am really sorry that this TR is coming to an end. I hope we will get a final thoughts post. And an outlook on what might come in the future! :thumbsup2

Whew! I'm finally caught back up on your trippy, but I did have to skip the chatter. I'm sorry to see your trip ending.:sad2:

We do laundry too, and it seems to take forever when you're at Disney. Loved the shirt you got for Father's Day. I wanted to get Dennis the same shirt in 2009 but they didn't have his size when I was at World of Disney. I was really felling James' pain. I wanted to dance right along with him.

Looking forward to all the extra pictures!

Okay, so I'm very late to the party but I have to say I've loved your Trip Report! It's very fun to read and entertaining :) And your daughter Lauren looks soo familiar.. I can't place who she reminds me of!

On a side note, I live in Maryland and the Bubes place looks really neat - I'll have to check it out sometime. And love that you're a Charlie Chaplin fan. Way too cool. :worship:

What? No, you can't take a break. :headache: OK - well, maybe just a small break. Two weeks - Tops! That ought to be enough - right? :laughing:

Don't worry, I still plan on hanging around. :)

The stormtrooper was chasing him.

I had a bad feeling about that.

Yeah, they had no idea what it was we were signing up for. lol.

That's the best! I bet you could hardly contain yourself. :hyper:

They are HUGE Steeler fans.

:thumbsup2

The lanyards they are wearing around their necks were free for Annual Pass holders. Mike and I have annual passes and so we went to go get two but the lady handed me five and said that the kids can't go without.

Sweet! pixiedust:

No comment. :lmao:

And here I thought you'd say "No, you're not old". :sad2:

:eek: Yeah I guess it is better in the basement then. :rotfl2:

Or warehouse. :laughing:

Hi Glenn, I am sorry that I have been so absent on your TR lately... Even though I kept reading, I just did not get around to post much.

You don't have to apologize Magdalene...you've been a faithful reader for so long, I know you're busy. :goodvibes

Poor James, that really sound like quite an ordeal. :scared1: I remember just before Katharina and I left for our trip to WDW in January 2010 there was the incident with the underwear bomber - the guy who had hidden something in his underwear and tried to set the bomb off just before landing. For a brief period there was the rule that on all international flights to the US you would not be allowed to get up 1 hour before landing. I was really frightened what would happen if I had to go the bathroom in that time frame. I try to keep well hydrated on those long distance flights (air plane air is very dry and not drinking enough is considered to be one of the risk factors to developping a deep vein thrombosis on long distance flights), so I need to frequent the bathroom rather often. It is bad enough that the decent (when they switch on the seat belt sign) usually starts about 30 minutes before landing anyway...

I remember that incident but I didn't know that they wouldn't allow people to go to the bathroom within an hour of landing. :scared: You're right to stay hydrated -- I think I've read that it's also helpful in combating jet lag.

I am really sorry that this TR is coming to an end. I hope we will get a final thoughts post. And an outlook on what might come in the future! :thumbsup2

Thanks! Yes, absolutely, I plan on touching on both of those topics.

Whew! I'm finally caught back up on your trippy, but I did have to skip the chatter. I'm sorry to see your trip ending.:sad2:

I'm glad you got caught up, we've missed you. :)

We do laundry too, and it seems to take forever when you're at Disney. Loved the shirt you got for Father's Day. I wanted to get Dennis the same shirt in 2009 but they didn't have his size when I was at World of Disney.

I like that shirt too...it looks "gently worn" or "pre-broken-in" or whatever the term is.

I was really felling James' pain. I wanted to dance right along with him.

:dance3: Thanks. I know we've all been there.

Looking forward to all the extra pictures!

Yay! I still need to work on them a little. I have them picked out, but am still putting some comments in. I don't think I'll work on it tonight, but in the next day or two.

Okay, so I'm very late to the party but I have to say I've loved your Trip Report! It's very fun to read and entertaining :)

:welcome: DirtyDiana!! I'm happy that you've joined-in, even if we're getting close to the end. Thank you so much for the kind words. I've really enjoyed writing the report and all of the banter that's gone on in-between the chapters.

And your daughter Lauren looks soo familiar.. I can't place who she reminds me of!

Well, when she was a tot she looked exactly like Cindy Lou Who from "How the Grinch Stole Christmas", but I'm not sure who she looks like now. If you think of it, let me know!

On a side note, I live in Maryland and the Bubes place looks really neat - I'll have to check it out sometime. And love that you're a Charlie Chaplin fan. Way too cool. :worship:

If it's not too far for you, you should definitely go check it out. I know that Hucifer really liked it, and her travel partner couldn't stop raving about it. :thumbsup2 Which was a good thing, because she put a lot of pressure on me to find a good, non-chain restaurant. :laughing:

got through all the updates glenn, very good, and looks like even with your extra chapters you will still beat me...but on the bright side, pretty soon i can make mine seem like we just got back, and say it is a fresh report that happened this june.

:laughing:

The Candi shrine is in your closet. :eek: :rotfl2:

You think it's small enough to fit in a closet?? :laughing:

:eek: Yeah I guess it is better in the basement then. :rotfl2:

Or warehouse. :laughing:
wow glenn, cant wait till marv sees all this.

There are so many mixed emotions here -
:scared: for poor James - I detest airplane bathrooms, so I have found myself in the same predicament - I was feeling so bad for him. :sad2:

:rotfl2: at the "More Root Beer!" You can just about see that one coming...

:cloud9:That you were able to make so many wonderful family memories!

:sad1:That your report is over

:3dglasses Looking forward to seeing you around the DIS!

got through all the updates glenn, very good, and looks like even with your extra chapters you will still beat me...but on the bright side, pretty soon i can make mine seem like we just got back, and say it is a fresh report that happened this june.

Good point....you don't have to say which June your trip occurred!

wow glenn, cant wait till marv sees all this.

;)

There are so many mixed emotions here -
:scared: for poor James - I detest airplane bathrooms, so I have found myself in the same predicament - I was feeling so bad for him. :sad2:

I'm with you....I make sure I visit the restroom before boarding the plane to minimize the chances that I'll need to use the facilities on the plane. :crazy2:

:rotfl2: at the "More Root Beer!" You can just about see that one coming...

Just last night he asked if he could have a can of root beer. I said "yes", but then he went out and played in the neighborhood first. When he came home, he forgot about it....until he was going up the stairs to bed. He asked if he could drink it then and I said, "No way!" That is not the time for a small-bladdered kid to drink a can of root beer. :laughing:

:cloud9:That you were able to make so many wonderful family memories!

:sad1:That your report is over

Aw, thanks!

:3dglasses Looking forward to seeing you around the DIS!

You betcha!

Well finally all caught up. Sorry I wasn't around for all the end, crack and buttbeer banter!!! ;)

Like everyone else, I'm sorry to see this latest TR coming to an end. I'm glad you got that pouty face picture in your last update. When I first saw the one of Judy and the kids at the Porte Cochere waiting on the ME bus, I was thinking they all looked waaaaayyyy too happy to be heading home. :confused3

BTW, you missed one of the more famous movie quotes.......
Just pucker up and drink root beer!

Poor James. Funny how they get involved with playing video games and never think about having to go to the bathroom, but the second they get distracted it is immediately a major emergency....... :rolleyes1

So we're up to a warehouse now, huh??? You must have heard about the pictures Dan told me he was taking in Hawaii and you're already making room for them........ ;)

Hi!

I've been a lurker on your TR for a while now but I had to come out of the shadows to share:
In December I went on a vacation with my boyfriend's parents and the first night we all went to Hoop-Dee-Doo! Guess where we sat?
DSCF1963.JPG

Looks like we're table twins!

Well finally all caught up. Sorry I wasn't around for all the end, crack and buttbeer banter!!! ;)

I was waiting for you to come around so that typo could rear its ugly head again. ;)

Like everyone else, I'm sorry to see this latest TR coming to an end. I'm glad you got that pouty face picture in your last update. When I first saw the one of Judy and the kids at the Porte Cochere waiting on the ME bus, I was thinking they all looked waaaaayyyy too happy to be heading home. :confused3

Don't worry, they may have put on a happy face :) but they were really not happy :sad1: to be heading in the wrong direction, airport-wise.

BTW, you missed one of the more famous movie quotes.......
Just pucker up and drink root beer!

Oh, you're right. And the line before that is: "You know how to wet your whistle, don't you Steve?"

Poor James. Funny how they get involved with playing video games and never think about having to go to the bathroom, but the second they get distracted it is immediately a major emergency....... :rolleyes1

Exactly. When he's playing a videogame, he's In The Zone!

So we're up to a warehouse now, huh??? You must have heard about the pictures Dan told me he was taking in Hawaii and you're already making room for them........ ;)

:rolleyes1

I'm back Glen !!! Gotta check in on the Boys !!!

We're behaving!

Hi BerrysGirl, and :welcome: !! Thank you for joining in!

I've been a lurker on your TR for a while now but I had to come out of the shadows to share:
In December I went on a vacation with my boyfriend's parents and the first night we all went to Hoop-Dee-Doo! Guess where we sat?
DSCF1963.JPG

Looks like we're table twins!

That's awesome! Good seats, right? Did Six Bits pick on anyone in your party sitting there?

Hey, we left a washboard there for anyone to play at the end of the show if they wanted....I hope you got it. ;)

That's awesome! Good seats, right? Did Six Bits pick on anyone in your party sitting there?

Hey, we left a washboard there for anyone to play at the end of the show if they wanted....I hope you got it. ;)

Actually, that picture was taken right after Claire de Lune planted a big, wet, sloppy kiss on my boyfriend's Dad's cheek. He looks pretty happy, right? :rotfl:
And thanks for the washboard! It sure came in handy :thumbsup2

Hey there Glenn,
I know I've posted on and off on this TR, but I wanted you to know how much I enjoyed reading this. You have a skill for crafting a great story. Your children are awesome and Judy, well she's married to you so she has to be pretty awesome herself!:goodvibes

Thank you so much for sharing this experience with us, I look forward to the next one!

yeah you should have seen marvs texts when i told him we went to the nudie beach...i thought my phone was going to explode.

Yikes! Two updates since my last visit to the boards :guilty: Both really really great glennbo123... relaxing... I mean relapsing by the pool and waiting in the airport have never been so exciting :lmao:

Hoping to see the last updates and promising to be around more often :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter