Most Expensive / Moist Exhausting Continued - Final thoughts and wrap-up

When you brought up the opening of Wizarding World, I thought, "But that was so long ago!" and then realized that this trip is from almost a year ago!

Also kind of reminds me that I really need to finish my own...

Your, this is my favourite song story reminds me of how in my group of friends, if someone is singing a song badly we would always ask, "Who sings that?" they would tell us, then we would say, "Yeah, let's keep it that way." ALL in good fun!

Wow...that's a LOT of bathroom breaks....I'm surprised he was willing to go for the bottle. In my family, we ALWAYS suggest the bottle, but it never gets used.

Glenn I am sooo willing to share:lmao::lmao:I am alittle nervous as we are again travelling with a blind guy to Lake George !!!!:scared1::scared1:

That's nice of you, but no, really, it's okay if you keep those stories to yourself. :eek: :laughing:

My DS12 ALWAYS had to go to the bathroom when there was no bathroom in site. I started to keep a portable potty in my car for DD5 when she was potting training, after three kids I got smart.

We traveled with a potty in the van for many years too! :rotfl2:

I too have a pouty face too!

It's no fun leaving. That airport is a lot more enjoyable when you're arriving than when you're departing.

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: I wonder what they think of us.

I'm not sure, but those ankole cattle had a lot to say, if I remember correctly from earlier in the TR.

There's that Foreshadowing Detector going off again...

Whoop! Whoop! Whoop!

(Please don't make fun of my speech impediment.)

Wow! Now you're foreshadowing future vacations. Man, you're good...

:cool2:

That stinks. Sounds like you handle these opportunities like I do: if there's a free ticket involved, I can't wait to give my seat away! :thumbsup2

As long as there's nothing important to get back to. If it's just work, sign me up!

But where's yours? :confused3

I was very pouty on the other side of the camera.

Oh, my goodness. Too funny. I'm picturing poor James being offered a root beer at home and running from the room screaming. :rotfl2:

Oh no, he'd still take a root beer in a nanosecond.

Sorry to see the trip report coming to a close, Glenn. It's been a lot of fun getting to know you and your family.

Thanks, and likewise!

I'm sad your trip is coming to an end! I've enjoyed following along on your family adventures. Hope there will be many more trips in your future for our reading pleasure!:surfweb:

Thank you rdkeim! And :welcome:

I hope there are too. The next Disney trip isn't planned until 2012, so it might be a little while.

Could've given him a parachute- you know, one last thrill ride to cap off the trip.

Why didn't we think of that?!

When you brought up the opening of Wizarding World, I thought, "But that was so long ago!" and then realized that this trip is from almost a year ago!

Yeah, we've dragged it out a good, long ways. :blush: Will I be done before the one year mark?

Also kind of reminds me that I really need to finish my own...

popcorn::

Your, this is my favourite song story reminds me of how in my group of friends, if someone is singing a song badly we would always ask, "Who sings that?" they would tell us, then we would say, "Yeah, let's keep it that way." ALL in good fun!

Yeah, I've been on the receiving end of that one! :mad: ;)

Wow...that's a LOT of bathroom breaks....I'm surprised he was willing to go for the bottle. In my family, we ALWAYS suggest the bottle, but it never gets used.

It was his idea to go on the bottle and I wouldn't let him! :crazy2: :rotfl2:

Okay, I may not be the movie quote guru some on here are, but we are in the TV realm now and I'm pretty sure that was Goober doing the "impersonations" with Gomer egging him on and laughing hysterically each time. :)
DUDE! BORG on that one. I had the same recollection over the weekend and popped in a for a quick update...then came back today try to catch up on replies today and noticed this. Excellent pickup!

I've finally figured out my audience.

Yup, all that talk about beverages and laundry was truly mesmorizing! :laughing:

If it's not, it should be! I could hear it in a lot of movies:

"Frankly my dear, I'd like more root beer."
"All right Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my root beer."
"I love the smell of root beer in the morning."
"You had me at 'root beer'."

Wicked clever Glenn! I love these quotes! It's amazing how versatile a phrase like "root beer" is. My favorite is the Jerry Maguire one! :rotfl2:

Gee, I don't know why you would think that.

Hmm, I thought I read somewhere around here that you owned a checkered shirt...:rolleyes1
IMG_4677.jpg

Great story! I can see why you stuck with that guy -- no fear, even in the worst neighborhoods. ;) And he trusted you enough to let you keep an eye on the car while he was gone.

Oh ya, he's a keeper!:thumbsup2 I'm pretty certain I was screaming at him to hurry up before I got car jacked! :laughing:

I'm tellin' ya. Every plane should have one.
IMG_3738.jpg

Yup, this beauty would fit in perfectly right between the bathrooms on the plane. Heck, who needs the bathrooms if you have a fountain anyway!

Yay, thanks for sticking around!

No problem Glenn!:goodvibes

DUDE! BORG on that one. I had the same recollection over the weekend and popped in a for a quick update...then came back today try to catch up on replies today and noticed this. Excellent pickup!

Nobody's mistakes go unnoticed on this thread! :laughing:

I'm sad the TR is ending....but happy about the parade 'O pics.

When is the 2012 PTR starting?

Interesting question. I was thinking of taking a little break, like someone else I know. :rolleyes: I don't have enough material to fill a year-long PTR...I used up my previous Disney stories and European vacation with the last one!

Yup, all that talk about beverages and laundry was truly mesmorizing! :laughing:

Wow, I was afraid you'd find it boring.

Wicked clever Glenn! I love these quotes! It's amazing how versatile a phrase like "root beer" is. My favorite is the Jerry Maguire one! :rotfl2:

Oh good -- that was the one I was a little worried that it might not be recognizable. :thumbsup2

Hmm, I thought I read somewhere around here that you owned a checkered shirt...:rolleyes1

Oh, I thought you meant this one:

IMG_4670.jpg

By the way, I'll give you 3 guesses which shirt I'm wearing today. :rolleyes1

Yup, this beauty would fit in perfectly right between the bathrooms on the plane. Heck, who needs the bathrooms if you have a fountain anyway!

Lovely to look at, and functional too.

I can't believe your TR is now officially out of the World! :sad1:

Poor James! That's the worst! I swear, the second a seatbelt sign turns on, I have to pee. It's like some terrible conditioning of some kind. So I sympathize!

Poor James! That's the worst! I swear, the second a seatbelt sign turns on, I have to pee. It's like some terrible conditioning of some kind. So I sympathize!

ITA!!! Something like Pavlov's dogs, I swear!!

So Glenn, just what will you do when this TR is all done?? I hope you plan on starting a PTR for your next trip!!! Hmmmmm? :scratchin

<We go into Glennbo's closet and find ALL the shirts are checkered> :eek:

I don't know that you would want to see what's in my closet! (Unfortunately I couldn't find a good skeleton smiley. :laughing: )

Yes, I'm all out of stories. :confused3

I was going to respond with something that worked-in the word "Pavlovian", but Liesa beat me to it. Wait, Pavlov rang a bell didn't he?

smiliehunchback.gif

ITA!!! Something like Pavlov's dogs, I swear!!

That's what I was gonna say! :)

So Glenn, just what will you do when this TR is all done?? I hope you plan on starting a PTR for your next trip!!! Hmmmmm? :scratchin

Well.....right now I'm thinkin' I'll take a little break. There's so much care and feeding that goes along with a TR/PTR.

All I have to say about SWW is WOW!! We didn't even get to do half of it but we still had a great time. We didn't wait in line to get fastpasses for the celebrity autographs and instead headed straight to the JTA. We were at the park from 7:25am to 9:30pm and got home around 2am. We watched the Hyperspace Hoopla from the American Idol screen because there was no way any of us would have been able to see the stage. Creighton started getting fussy because he was tired so I ended up (without the camera of course) going to the side of the stage with Creighton where all the characters come off the stage and they all gave him a lot of attention. We didn't spend time waiting in line for characters because it was just too hot and we had other things we wanted to do but there was plenty of character interaction from them just walking around the park. A sand person (idk what they are called) even tried to steal my diet coke from the stroller.

All in all we had a great time. The updated Star Tours ride is awesome. We got to ride TSM twice in the morning with no wait at all. Next time I would definitely want to go for more than one day. The crowds were manageable though. It was good times. I would do it again.

My nephews (ages 7 and 9) were in total awe of everything and they had a great time also.

The Candi shrine is in your closet. :eek: :rotfl2:

You think it's small enough to fit in a closet?? :laughing:

:sad::sad::sad:

(ok, in all seriousness, I DO understand!!)

Thank you. I'm sure you do....I think you've been doing it longer than I have. But it was a neat way to stay connected to the U.S. during your Crapistan years, wasn't it?

All I have to say about SWW is WOW!! We didn't even get to do half of it but we still had a great time. We didn't wait in line to get fastpasses for the celebrity autographs and instead headed straight to the JTA. We were at the park from 7:25am to 9:30pm and got home around 2am. We watched the Hyperspace Hoopla from the American Idol screen because there was no way any of us would have been able to see the stage. Creighton started getting fussy because he was tired so I ended up (without the camera of course) going to the side of the stage with Creighton where all the characters come off the stage and they all gave him a lot of attention. We didn't spend time waiting in line for characters because it was just too hot and we had other things we wanted to do but there was plenty of character interaction from them just walking around the park. A sand person (idk what they are called) even tried to steal my diet coke from the stroller.

All in all we had a great time. The updated Star Tours ride is awesome. We got to ride TSM twice in the morning with no wait at all. Next time I would definitely want to go for more than one day. The crowds were manageable though. It was good times. I would do it again.

My nephews (ages 7 and 9) were in total awe of everything and they had a great time also.

:yay::cool1::banana:

Great review Jen!

I'm so glad you and the nephews and Creighton enjoyed it!

So, I take it your nephews were able to do the Jedi training? They're full-fledged padawan's now?

Yep, they're called sand people. I think that stealing a coke would be in-character for them....that must have been a fun moment. :)

:yay::cool1::banana:

Great review Jen!

I'm so glad you and the nephews and Creighton enjoyed it!

So, I take it your nephews were able to do the Jedi training? They're full-fledged padawan's now?

Yep, they're called sand people. I think that stealing a coke would be in-character for them....that must have been a fun moment. :)

Yup, they were in the 9:45am show and fought Darth Vader. My youngest nephew keeps asking me if that was the REAL Darth Vader. :rotfl:

The sand people were awesome. They would go up and steal cameras out of peoples hands and take pictures of themselves. The lady in purple (let me see if I can post a picture) came up to Creighton and was staring at him and he refused to look at her. :lmao:

One bad thing is the Parade. It is so short and if you don't get there an hour before you can't see at all. Creighton and I waited inside the store while the boys and my bf watched.

Here are a few pictures:

DSC_0277.jpg

DSC_0270.jpg

DSC_0200.jpg

DSC_0204.jpg

DSC_0227.jpg

and one more just because he's so cute:

DSC_0230.jpg

Sorry they are so big. Everytime I try to resize them they seem to get messed up.

:lmao: Very funny. And this has been a rather long project, hasn't it? :lmao: But so entertaining for all of us.

Yes, rather long! :laughing: Thanks Tina.

Yup, they were in the 9:45am show and fought Darth Vader. My youngest nephew keeps asking me if that was the REAL Darth Vader. :rotfl:

:thumbsup2 I'll bet they loved it.

As real as they come, right?

The sand people were awesome. They would go up and steal cameras out of peoples hands and take pictures of themselves. The lady in purple (let me see if I can post a picture) came up to Creighton and was staring at him and he refused to look at her. :lmao:

Very cool!

The lady in purple is Zam Wesell (I had to look at my Hyperspace Hoopla chapter, where I had researched a couple of those lesser-known characters).

Nice one Creighton -- the "ostrich" strategy does work sometimes. :laughing:

One bad thing is the Parade. It is so short and if you don't get there an hour before you can't see at all. Creighton and I waited inside the store while the boys and my bf watched.

We missed the parade because I wasn't thinking about it way back when I made my ADRs. By the time it occurred to me, I couldn't get a decent ADR time at Sci-Fi, so we kept it and skipped the parade. We were so hot by then, that I think we were better off anyway.

Here are a few pictures:

DSC_0277.jpg

DSC_0270.jpg

Your nephew looks like he's hiding behind your DBF in this one!

Awesome! They look so proud with their certificates. You hadn't told them that they'd be doing this, right?

And I like that one guy's Steelers jersey!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

and one more just because he's so cute:

DSC_0230.jpg

He is! I wish I could sleep like that and let someone push me through the park. Probably in just a few more years. :laughing:

Sorry they are so big. Everytime I try to resize them they seem to get messed up.

No, no, no.....don't change a thing. We like 'em big! Thank you so much for sharing.

Well.....right now I'm thinkin' I'll take a little break. There's so much care and feeding that goes along with a TR/PTR.

What? No, you can't take a break. :headache: OK - well, maybe just a small break. Two weeks - Tops! That ought to be enough - right? :laughing:

Your nephew looks like he's hiding behind your DBF in this one!

The stormtrooper was chasing him.

Awesome! They look so proud with their certificates. You hadn't told them that they'd be doing this, right?

Yeah, they had no idea what it was we were signing up for. lol.

And I like that one guy's Steelers jersey!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2
They are HUGE Steeler fans. The lanyards they are wearing around their necks were free for Annual Pass holders. Mike and I have annual passes and so we went to go get two but the lady handed me five and said that the kids can't go without.

He is! I wish I could sleep like that and let someone push me through the park. Probably in just a few more years. :laughing:

No comment. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter