Most Expensive / Moist Exhausting Continued - Final thoughts and wrap-up

Thanks for the life update Glenn. I hear you on the first year crunch. Tracy is pondering changing grade levels next year and having to re-do everything is daunting. I’ll be keeping Judy in my prayers. On the bright side, you don’t have to worry about paying for any more free trips.

sorry to see that she is giving it up, now you can schedule your trips so they dont colide with marvs at all.:laughing:

You are so dedicated Dan. You set a fine example for all of my TR readers.
read the bolded type very clearly marv, you could learn a thing or two from me.
:thumbsup2

just dont have me type it for you or you will never get it.

sorry to see that she is giving it up, now you can schedule your trips so they dont colide with marvs at all.:laughing:

read the bolded type very clearly marv, you could learn a thing or two from me.
:thumbsup2

just dont have me type it for you or you will never get it.

:sad2:

OH no!!! Did I break a DIS Rule of Etiquette?? I am so ashamed.

Just kidding.

re: PChef... I can sense Judy must really be feeling both relieved a bit AND sad to see this chapter end. I cannot even imagine the hard work and time she put into building this business up and I can also get the feeling that she really genuinely enjoyed doing it. I know that teaching can be very rewarding too, so every blessing to her on this new adventure!

Hello, I am so glad you are going to finish this and that I found it! I've read your first trip report and have been hooked ever since. Sorry to be creepy lurker person, but I wanted you to know how much fun it's been reading along with you while dealing with epic midwest snow.

These trip reports are the only thing keeping me sane right now.:surfweb:

Hi Molly! Welcome back.

It's a little bit of a pain though, switching over. I wish we could stay with one thread.

Yes, it absolutely shouldn't be allowed. Or, you should be able to at least get some fastpasses when you return.

a26.gif
I'm gagging, just thinking about what you described. If you could pick any railing in the World as the worst....that'd be it.

I'm okay with reflective, and we gave Marv partial credit for some reflective Judy's during the Waste Mgmt game at Innoventions.

I have to respond like this....you know that scene at the end of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" when Indy asks that government bureaucrat guy what is being done with the Ark? The guy responds by saying, "We have top men working on it now." Indy says, "Who?" And his response is, "Top...men."

Good ideas, but it wouldn't take long for technically savvy people (okay, it'd be a while 'til Marv caught on, but maybe others ;) ) to figure out that they could just quote the whole post, copy the text and plop it into Word, and then do a "Find" on the word "Judy". They'd have the total in 3 seconds. :headache:

Thanks Glenn!:goodvibes

Well, I suppose it's all your own fault for having another thread to deal with, you're too popular and your TR's are always a great read!:thumbsup2

Hey, now fastpasses for leaving the park sick! That's a million dollar idea and I'm sure nobody would abuse it!;):laughing:

Ya, it was disgusting when I realized she licked the railing, truly disgusting and stomach turning.:eek: I believe I yelled something like 'WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!':eek: I seriously contemplated wiping her mouth with a Wet One wipe but you're not supposed to ingest them!:laughing: DH said she was just strengthening her immune system.:laughing:

Darn, if only I knew that reflective Judys were allowed, I'd have beat Marv for sure!:thumbsup2 Now I know for future reference!

Ooooh, I love love love Raiders of the Lost Ark! Fabulous movie and perfect use of a movie quote too Glenn! Ok, so you're not going to divulge who the judges on the committee are then, are ya??;) That's ok, I'll be nice to everyone here. Wait a minute, Marv's not on the committee though, is he?:rolleyes1

Best wishes to Judy and the rest of your family as this chapter of your lives comes to a close! I am certain it is difficult, yet exciting, for Judy. I cannot even fathom the amount of work she put into it to build up to being a Director and obviously doing well enough to earn free trips. That is truly admirable! I am sure she is already greatly succeeding at teaching as well - and how wonderful to gain such satisfaction from it!!!!

PS I LOVE my PChef Food Chopper. And spatulas. And flippers. And bamboo spoons. And mandolin. And all-in-1 measuring cup. And, and, and! I've been tempting to venture into this career myself, just for the swag...! :laughing: (even though Joe does most of the cooking....)

Since part of the trip I’m documenting in this TR was earned through PChef, and many of you have congratulated Judy on doing so well, I thought I’d let you know that after about a 12-year run, Judy is hanging up her PChef apron. She resigned as a Director at the end of January, and will continue as a consultant through March because she’s paid for website services through that date.

It’s with a very heavy heart that she does this, since she worked so hard building up the business and she’s giving up a lot. But, she’s getting a lot of satisfaction from teaching and has decided that that’s the direction in which she wants to proceed. The first year of teaching can be very difficult because everything from lesson plans to tests have to be prepared almost from scratch. We had hoped that she could get her first year under her belt and then have more time to devote to PChef, but unfortunately it has become evident that that’s just not going to work.

In re-reading this, I realize that it must sound like some kind of a prepared statement to be read at a press conference. Sorry about that! I just thought I’d share it with all of you since the topic naturally comes up here from time to time.

On a lighter note, I am working on an actual trip report update. However, I don’t think I’ll be able to get it finished and posted until tomorrow at the earliest. I’m writing slowly because I know some of you out there don’t read very fast. Okay, okay, forgive me…that’s an old joke, but it does take me a while to get these things written out, even though it probably doesn’t look that way!

I know this all too well! The first year of teaching can be brutal, simply from a preparation perspective. It is a ton of work outside of the regular school day. But it goes get easier, thankfully! Can you tell I am teacher? :lmao::lmao:

Well, since Rosie is old enough to be Ma Kettle, I guess I will take the Pot

Careful, the Ma Kettle reference is showing your age. Wait, I get that reference. :eek:

(but I won't inhale........):rolleyes1

Thank you Mr. President.

Sorry, I left my spoon in Norway on our last trip!!! ;)

I suspect you were bribing Julenissen to put you on the "nice" list.

And you thought I was your problem child........ :lmao:

You're right, I did. My eyes are opening now.

I know that was a tough decision for Judy since I know with things like that you not only make some really good business associates, but also some good friends! On the bright side, you guys don't have to plan around PChef trips any more so you can schedule your visits to Disney when we will also be at Kidani and Judy will get to see me more. :)

You're absolutely right. She's made a lot of friends through it, both other consultants and lots of customers.

Unfortunately I think it's worse now, schedule-wise....being tied to the school calendar. I know you know what that's like!

Thanks for the life update Glenn. I hear you on the first year crunch. Tracy is pondering changing grade levels next year and having to re-do everything is daunting. I’ll be keeping Judy in my prayers. On the bright side, you don’t have to worry about paying for any more free trips.

Thanks for the prayers and the laugh you provided GB. I needed that!

:lmao: Good one!

You obviously have to disapprove, but that was pretty good.

OH no!!! Did I break a DIS Rule of Etiquette?? I am so ashamed.

Just kidding.

Don't worry, they'll get over it.

re: PChef... I can sense Judy must really be feeling both relieved a bit AND sad to see this chapter end. I cannot even imagine the hard work and time she put into building this business up and I can also get the feeling that she really genuinely enjoyed doing it. I know that teaching can be very rewarding too, so every blessing to her on this new adventure!

Thanks Liesa. One of her consultants was trying to cheer her up the other day by listing all the negatives that she won't have to deal with anymore. It was kind of funny in a way, to hear them reverse-selling the whole thing.

Hello, I am so glad you are going to finish this and that I found it! I've read your first trip report and have been hooked ever since. Sorry to be creepy lurker person, but I wanted you to know how much fun it's been reading along with you while dealing with epic midwest snow.

These trip reports are the only thing keeping me sane right now.:surfweb:

Wow Elianor! :welcome: Thank you for the wonderful compliments! Oh, I'm sure you're not a creepy lurker person...thanks for letting me know you're reading along.

Hey, in your reading, did you happen to run across these posts from our epic Mid-Atlantic snow storms from almost exactly a year ago?:

Snow Update
Blizzard, but no Beach

cold.gif

Well, I suppose it's all your own fault for having another thread to deal with, you're too popular and your TR's are always a great read!:thumbsup2

Aw shucks. Thanks.
smiley_loveshy.gif

Hey, now fastpasses for leaving the park sick! That's a million dollar idea and I'm sure nobody would abuse it!;):laughing:

Nooo, no one would dream of abusing that. :rotfl2:

Ya, it was disgusting when I realized she licked the railing, truly disgusting and stomach turning.:eek: I believe I yelled something like 'WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!':eek: I seriously contemplated wiping her mouth with a Wet One wipe but you're not supposed to ingest them!:laughing: DH said she was just strengthening her immune system.:laughing:

I would've been tempted to do the wet wipe thing too! Ack!

Darn, if only I knew that reflective Judys were allowed, I'd have beat Marv for sure!:thumbsup2 Now I know for future reference!

Now go out there and win one for the Gipper!

Ooooh, I love love love Raiders of the Lost Ark! Fabulous movie and perfect use of a movie quote too Glenn! Ok, so you're not going to divulge who the judges on the committee are then, are ya??;) That's ok, I'll be nice to everyone here. Wait a minute, Marv's not on the committee though, is he?:rolleyes1

I love that last shot where the crate with the ark in it is being pushed into the largest warehouse ever seen, completely full of identical crates. :rotfl2:

Best wishes to Judy and the rest of your family as this chapter of your lives comes to a close! I am certain it is difficult, yet exciting, for Judy. I cannot even fathom the amount of work she put into it to build up to being a Director and obviously doing well enough to earn free trips. That is truly admirable! I am sure she is already greatly succeeding at teaching as well - and how wonderful to gain such satisfaction from it!!!!

Thanks Brook. It's kind of strange how it leaves a weird void even for the rest of us in the family. But we're moving on to a new chapter.

PS I LOVE my PChef Food Chopper. And spatulas. And flippers. And bamboo spoons. And mandolin. And all-in-1 measuring cup. And, and, and! I've been tempting to venture into this career myself, just for the swag...! :laughing: (even though Joe does most of the cooking....)

That's good to hear! If you ever want to ask Judy any questions about it, just pm me and I'll hook you up. She'd be happy to talk to you.

I know this all too well! The first year of teaching can be brutal, simply from a preparation perspective. It is a ton of work outside of the regular school day. But it goes get easier, thankfully! Can you tell I am teacher? :lmao::lmao:

Oh I didn't realize that you were a teacher Tina. Thanks for the reassurance! We'd heard that it gets easier and so were hoping that she could keep it afloat until then, but there's something to be said for sanity!

Wow! 2 threads for your TR!!!! I told you that you were the most popular person on the Dis!!!!!! It's like you're the Justin Bieber of the Disboards! Do you know how to Dougie? I feel like I'm typing to a celebrity when I'm typing on your trip report & just get all giddy!

Congrats on Judy's new change! I'm sure that took a lot of her time & she will enjoy the break from it. But, will y'all miss the free PC trips???

I've missed in your TR where you're talking about Judy teaching for 1st time & getting all her lessons together. Did she just make a career change & go back to school to become a teacher? What grade does she teach?

I thought I’d let you know that after about a 12-year run, Judy is hanging up her PChef apron.
WOW! That's really a life changing decision! I know how hard is to make decisions like this... Congratulations to Judy! Theres a very bright future ahead!

And lots of good vibes to all your family :goodvibes

Careful, the Ma Kettle reference is showing your age. Wait, I get that reference. :eek:
The TV Land excuse is always good for covering our vast knowledge that goes beyond our tender years..... ;)
I suspect you were bribing Julenissen to put you on the "nice" list.
Anything to get me in close with Sigrid. :goodvibes
You're right, I did. My eyes are opening now.
With Molly, it really doesn't take very long...... :laughing:
Unfortunately I think it's worse now, schedule-wise....being tied to the school calendar. I know you know what that's like!
Yes I do. Which is why I know the chances are good we will be planning trips to Kidani around the same time each year! :rolleyes:
:goodvibes
i hope that this does not affect my future bonus points in your game.:eek:

thanks glenn, i think you may be ahead of me in his next round of questions.

dont want to honk of the guy giving out bonus points.
Oh yeah. Nuts, I almost forgot about those bonus points in his game. Shoot! What a dilemma.
Don't worry guys. What happens in glennbo's thread........
It's like you're the Justin Bieber of the Disboards! Do you know how to Dougie? I feel like I'm typing to a celebrity when I'm typing on your trip report & just get all giddy!
The Justin Bieber part is funny. The all giddy is just sad!!! :sad2:

Change is hard, at least for me it always is. I hope this frees up some of her time and simplifies things for her. Teacher really do spend a lot of their own time doing school related things.

I also enjoy all the PC stuff I have too.

I go into hibernation for a week and when I come out Glenn's report has split in two, Judy has left PChef, and Marv has been replaced as the problem child.... :confused3:confused3:confused3 Was I really only missing for a week????

Wow! 2 threads for your TR!!!! I told you that you were the most popular person on the Dis!!!!!! It's like you're the Justin Bieber of the Disboards! Do you know how to Dougie? I feel like I'm typing to a celebrity when I'm typing on your trip report & just get all giddy!

Hi Amy! Now don't give me a swelled head. If I were a 17 year-old kid I wouldn't know how to handle all of the attention. Actually, my buddy Jordan (Jordanyosh) is the king of the Disboards in my opinion. He's on a hiatus right now, but his reports always went to multiple threads and he is greatly loved, and missed at the moment.

Congrats on Judy's new change! I'm sure that took a lot of her time & she will enjoy the break from it. But, will y'all miss the free PC trips???

Most definitey we're going to miss the trips. :sad: The kids are a little upset by it too because somewhere along the line (although she doesn't remember doing it) Judy apparently promised (at least that's what the kids say) to take each of them on one of the trips that was "for 2", instead of me. Like, for a graduation gift. So now we're thinking of maybe trading-out some of our DVC points so they could have a weekend away in NYC or something.

I've missed in your TR where you're talking about Judy teaching for 1st time & getting all her lessons together. Did she just make a career change & go back to school to become a teacher? What grade does she teach?

Well....Judy was a very well educated stay-at-home Mom, and left herself several options. She has degrees in Math and Engineering from her undergrad days. Before kids, we decided that she should take some time to go back and get her teaching certificate and do her student teaching. So, she's had that in her back pocket for many years, but it's just over the last couple of years that she has looked for more of a full-time job. She's teaching high school math.

Tribilín;39900777 said:
WOW! That's really a life changing decision! I know how hard is to make decisions like this... Congratulations to Judy! Theres a very bright future ahead!

And lots of good vibes to all your family :goodvibes

Thanks Trib. I'm glad you followed us over to the new thread!

The TV Land excuse is always good for covering our vast knowledge that goes beyond our tender years..... ;)

You're right though. I'm familiar with a lot of stuff that is way before my time (this is no joke)...Leave it to Beaver I caught on reruns, Andy Griffith, Little Rascals obviously.

Anything to get me in close with Sigrid. :goodvibes

Careful, you're bucking for "naughty" list.

With Molly, it really doesn't take very long...... :laughing:

:)

Yes I do. Which is why I know the chances are good we will be planning trips to Kidani around the same time each year! :rolleyes:

Don't I know it.

Don't worry guys. What happens in glennbo's thread........

:yay:

The Justin Bieber part is funny. The all giddy is just sad!!! :sad2:

I guess the Justin Bieber part is a compliment. I'm not really sure.

Oh, I understand the giddiness. I get it all the time. :rolleyes:

headbang.gif

Change is hard, at least for me it always is. I hope this frees up some of her time and simplifies things for her. Teacher really do spend a lot of their own time doing school related things.

I also enjoy all the PC stuff I have too.

Thanks Vanessa. Yeah, right now she's spending almost all of her non-sleep time doing school related things. Something had to give.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter